New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default New forum functionality

I am sorry if this has been issued before and rejected but after having longer break from OOTS forums and visiting BioWare message boards I have a suggestion which would benefit everyone interested in comic.

Basically there is this thing there: whenever a developer posts in a thread, a blue "BioWare" sign appears next to the title. Clicking it (when you are signed) redirects you to every dev's response in this thread. So, not only people know if there is a "word from God" in a topic but they can also access it easily.

Link: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/category/343/index (multiplayer section since it's the one I visit)

Is it possible or even worthwhile to do it here? I mean, there is the last comic strip thread (a very important comic strip) which has 20+ pages and a single, yet also very important response from the Giant.

Wouldn't it be awesome if we, just by looking at the front page, knew if there is a topic in which he made a reply?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: New forum functionality

Possible? Yes, most anything is possible with enough time and/or money. Coding-wise, this one doesn't sound bizarrely difficult (which doesn't mean it's easy mind you). It would be a matter of having a link in the thread, sort of like the "top" or "bottom" links that grabbed all the posts by Rich (and maybe the mods) and displayed them.

Worthwhile? I can certainly see uses for it. It appears, however, that new changes are on hold, with some hints of new software being tossed out every now and then.

Still I think it's a solid idea.
    John Ling
    Frog God Games Lead Pathfinder Developer

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, opinions in my posts are my own and not those of Frog God Games.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Thank you for the suggestion, but the feature is not really of that great importance to the type of forum this is.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

4. - Top - End - #4
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Ast View Post
    I mean, there is the last comic strip thread (a very important comic strip) which has 20+ pages and a single, yet also very important response from the Giant.
    This is why ThePhantasm maintains his incredibly useful Index of the Giant's Comments, too. That's about all it would be good for anyway, considering that we don't have developers here. Just one writer talking about one comic on one small section of the message board.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~