New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: [FO:E] The Southern Wasteland of Equestria 2

[Hoofington Gang Battle]

The mare shrugs.

"Eh, it's gotten me out of more than one firefight mostly unscathed."

Then a rout from the Flash Fillies! The Burner Boys turn tail! The Crowd goes wild!

"Maybe not this time, though. I've got another idea."

She reaches under her overcoat and pulls out an honestly useless-looking weapon: A standard 10mm SMG, the kind of cheap mass-produced crap that you usually only find on the most poorly-armed raiders and relatively green wastelanders. Maybe even a Stable Dweller who hasn't been out of the stable for too long. Moreover, it's in terrible condition; Most of the parts are a little rusty or worn, and it would be a wonder if it didn't jam when fired.

In any case, with a flick of her neck and a relaxing of her jaw, the weapon is thrown on top of the barrier. Before she stands though, she whispers a sentence to Chain Link.

"...I'm going to try talking. Please don't shoot yet."

A second or two later, Open Heart (because I'm getting sick of using common nouns just because a character hasn't introduced themselves yet) sits up, peeking over the barricade with hooves in the air.

"Look, we're just travelers. Maybe we can work something out?"

Nothing speech-check-worthy yet. As with any good negotiation, one must first start by identifying, assumption-free, what both parties want. Compromise can only come from understanding, after all.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2013-03-19 at 03:29 PM.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Hoofington]

The apparent leader of the small band of Fillies seems a bit uncertain. These ponies aren't very well armed. But one of them could buck around cart-sized chunks of rock without trouble. The next round of Reaper tryouts were coming up soon. Maybe that's where...

Doesn't explain the quiet one, though. Could just be a front.

"This is Flash Filly turf. You want to head through here and you have to pay the toll. It'll be extra for killing Gemstudded," the leader growls.

Slip doesn't look particularly concerned by this. "Mmm? Did I squash one of you? Gotta be more careful where I put my hooves. Heh heh..."

Maybe antagonizing the ponies with MEWs trained on them isn't such a good idea...?

"One hundred caps. From each of you! Pay up or we'll find more creative ways to collect."
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2013-03-19 at 03:46 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hoofington Shakedown

Chain narrows her eyes. Gemstudded, eh? If this goes south, then once this was all said and done she'd need to search the bodies. If these idiots had a thing for gems, then she'd not only be able to pour a little bleach in the gene pool, but hopefully find a few shiny rocks worth some caps too. Not a bad deal...

---
    Fillydelphia - Hallway

Greta raises an eyebrow at Luka's wing. "Yikes, what happened there? Have you had it checked out?"

---
    Ravine

Ravines don't have balconies. The walls of the ravine rise up about 20 feet on either side. There's no telling what's up there.

The griffon can either fly up above the walls of the ravine, stick to the ravine itself. There's no really a way to be up on top of the walls without being blatantly exposed...
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Hoofington]

Uncertainty in one's opponent is a major advantage; Having more information than the other side rarely ends badly. The dead pony, on the other hand, is a disadvantage. Definitely going to make this harder.

[Speech] "Okay, please calm down and hear me out before anypony does anything rash. I know that you've just gotten through a rough fight with a bunch of ponies, and most of you are either hurt or friends with someone who is. I can understand how you all probably just want to finish what you came for with a minimum of fuss so you can go and rest, right?"

Open really hopes she is, since her main argument is basically angling on that.

"But we're all reasonable mares here, right? We're not raiders, we don't have to solve every problem with more death and ill will."

She sits up a little higher and takes a deep breath.

[Barter] "My point is, I'm a doctor who can treat burn wounds and you have wounded. As I'm sure you know from experience, a good patch job, much less several of them, usually costs a whole lot more than 200 caps. I'm offering a bargain here, really."

A great deal, right there. Hopefully she can actually deliver.

5. - Top - End - #605

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Fillydelphia - Hallway

Greta raises an eyebrow at Luka's wing. "Yikes, what happened there? Have you had it checked out?"
    "Oh?, this?"
    He actualy cradled the wing at the mention of pulling the feathers out, when she asks he would notice she's talking about the bandaged one
    "Just a bullet, tackled one of us from getting shot.... At least I think I pulled most of the bullet out"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ravine

Ravines don't have balconies. The walls of the ravine rise up about 20 feet on either side. There's no telling what's up there.

The griffon can either fly up above the walls of the ravine, stick to the ravine itself. There's no really a way to be up on top of the walls without being blatantly exposed...
    Oh.... I thought the ravine had rock "balconies" on the walls

The griffon then would instead go back the bend, out of view from the trainyard, then fly up the wall to check out what could be there.

If there's nothing, he would then just go back and silently approach the trainyard while using the rubble for cover, the silence would be for both stealth and less sound clutter while trying to listen for any suspicious sound or a raider that could be hidding behind the same cluster of rocks he's crossing throught, for this end he would be holding his dual SMGs given the LARGE amount of cover and possible close quarters stuff if there's a fight.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #606

[Hoofington]

A medic? Really? Such ponies are worth their weight in caps out here in the Hoof. Doubly so if they know healing magic. If Open Heart is a unicorn she totally just scored big time. After all, innervation makes healing potions and bandages unreliable here.

There is a bit of muttering among the Flash Fillies as they decide what to do. And a conclusion is come to rather quickly. "Alright. Fine. Do your work and we'll waive the fee. But don't try anything funny!"

This all results in a smirk from Slip as the group of gangers head off toward an old rundown warehouse that several ponies with beam rifles had been taking pot shots from on the second floor. They need to get out of the rain after all.

Hmm...

This leaves Chain all alone. Now what?

7. - Top - End - #607
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Fillydelphia - Hallway

Greta frowns. "Hm. Maybe we should go get you looked at by a medic?"

---
    Ravine

Peeking up over the ledges of the ravine reveals rocky hillsides all around. It seems the ravine opens up into a large caldera up ahead, with a train yard of some sort built into the valley. There are several large buildings, several train cars, and a few shacks. No signs of life... but there could be snipers or an ambush.

Fly overhead, or follow the rest of the ravine by ground?

---
    Hoofington

Chain doesn't move. She stays hunkered down, unwilling to reveal herself just yet. She turns to look up at Open Heart and give her a confused, inquiring look. "The hell am I supposed to do?" she asks, her voice barely audible over the rain. "Stay out here in case you gals need backup?"

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Hoofington]

Unfortunately Open Heart is not a Unicorn, but she does have a Cutie Mark in medicine. In a sense, there's a very special magic helping her heal ponies, even if it's more subtle than the usual "Zap, the wound's closed" deal. She does make use of bandages and healing potions when they're available and appropriate, but that's hardly the limit of her abilities.

She nods affirmative, though.

"Wouldn't dream of it."

She stands on all fours properly, before dipping her head down below the rubble, probably to pick up her saddlebag.

"Trot off while nopony's looking, of course."

She then bites at something hidden under her coat, withdrawing her muzzle with a small box marked with three butterflies and a red cross.

"Le's 'o."

Give her a break, it's hard to talk with something in your mouth. Even for a magical talking horse. She comes out from behind the rubble, and follows wherever they take her (within reason). No funny business here.

9. - Top - End - #609

Fillydelphia - Hallway

Greta frowns. "Hm. Maybe we should go get you looked at by a medic?"
    "I dunno, I fixed it myself but not sure if it's ok so maybe"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ravine

Peeking up over the ledges of the ravine reveals rocky hillsides all around. It seems the ravine opens up into a large caldera up ahead, with a train yard of some sort built into the valley. There are several large buildings, several train cars, and a few shacks. No signs of life... but there could be snipers or an ambush.

Fly overhead, or follow the rest of the ravine by ground?
    He would try to follow the rest the rest of the ravine and try to be less visible and try to have more cover around the place's surroundings
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #610

[Hoofington]

To be fair healing magic seems like the sort of thing that would fall under the earth pony domains of 'caring for animals, tending to plants, and making artifacts'. But that's neither here nor there!

The two weapons are collected and then it is off to the warehouse!

The inside of the old building is pretty run down, though at least it seems to be (mostly) dry. Several burned or otherwise injured Flash Fillies are laying about and generally looking miserable. Other ponies are doing their best to tend to them, but supplies seem to be pretty limited.

"Well? Get over there and help!" barks the unicorn leader.

Slip, for her part, simply reclines herself against a nearby concrete pillar and pulls the brim of her helmet down over her eyes. She doesn't stay there long before she's being pestered.

"Hey!" a dark blue earth pony speaks up as she draws near. "Are you the one that tossed that big chunk of concrete?"

"Eyup," comes Slip's reply. She doesn't bother uncovering her eyes. "What of it?"

"Well... it was pretty amazing. Even though you crushed Gemstudded. Honestly, between you and me? She was kind of a mule anyway. We could really use a fighter like you in the Flash Fillies."

Meanwhile!

It is still raining outside!

Chain can't hear any other ponies nearby at this point.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Fillydelphia - Hallway

Perry facepalms. Greta frowns. "You treated your own injuries? Unless you're some sort of young prodigy of medicine, you probably need to get that looked at by a real doctor."

Perry shrugs. "Once your friends are done, we can take you back to our camp and have one of our medics look you over, if you want."

"They'll be Talon docs, not Red Eye docs. That's good, right?" Greta asks Luka with a hopeful smile.

----
    Ravine

The griffon begins to make his way towards the end of the ravine.

Beep. Beep. Beep beep.

Uh oh.

----
    Hoofington

Chain doesn't say anything in response to Heart. She just maintains a dour expression, sticking with her gun as the mare leaves. Once all the gangers and the other two mares are gone, Chain rises back to her hooves. Wrapping the M240 in a dull-grey magic field, she hefts the weapon with ease, and trots out of cover with the weapon in mid-air next to her. Narrowing her eyes, she looks around to make sure she's alone in the rain.

If there are no immediate threats nearby, she'll skulk about and check the most intact bodies for any sort of loot or useful gear. The machine gun idly drifts and hovers alongside her, the barrel tilting from side to side as if scanning for targets. It's not actually capable of targeting on its own, but hopefully the drift and "hunting" behavior the gun is displaying will spook off any potential threats.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Hoofington]

She doesn't need to be told twice. Or even once, for that matter. Open Heart's happy to help out, honestly; Even if she doesn't personally know them or even really like them, a little bit less pain and death in the wasteland is a cause worth fighting for.

Supplies may be limited, but thankfully that doctor's bag is fairly well-stocked at the moment, since she got lucky while scavenging and found a few old Ministry of Peace boxes with intact supplies. Amazingly, most were untouched by enervation, though a few had to be thrown out because yuck.

At any rate, she goes over the patients one by one, focusing her attention on the ones that clearly need help but have a chance of pulling through. As for the rest, the ones that are only lightly injured just receive an application of burn ointment and a patch, and any hopeless cases get a shot of Med-X so at least they don't have to suffer while they expire.

Since the impression I got was that this was a fairly small-scale pitched battle with no more than a dozen or so combatants on each side, she should have more than enough medical supplies to treat the wounded.

13. - Top - End - #613

[Hoofington]

Some ponies are mended and live to see another day.

Some ponies ride with the Pale Horse this night.

Four lives are saved.

Four more than would have been saved otherwise.

Even the earth pony healer's presence is no doubt aiding in recovery.

As the work is concluding a job offer is extended. "Listen. We could really use a medic. Our old one got on the wrong side of some Taint and we had to put her down," the unicorn leader says. We'll call her Dazzler for lack of a better name. "What do you say? It's no Collegiate-run hospital but it's better than nothing."

As for Slip... "I've got my eyes set on a bigger prize," the earth pony replies as a grin spreads under the rim of her helmet. "Join the Reapers or die trying. It'll be a good fight."

The Ganger peers at Slip Fault like she's a crazy pony. She probably is.

Meanwhile!

Hoo boy loot!

Hope Chain likes energy weapons and flamers because that's most of what's out here. Well. The flamers at least. The Fillies already scavenged the MEWs that they could and they aren't about to touch filthy Burner Boy gear if they can avoid it.

Oooh! There's a run down looking gun that uses the same ammo as Chain's though. That's worth taking, right?

The rain continues to fall.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hoofington

Chain pokes through the flame-weaponry for useful pieces and parts. She's not good with flame-based weapons or MEWs, but she knows how to tinker with them and their parts. She telekinetically slips the spare parts into her saddle bag, before turning her attention to the 7.62 guns. Noting its crummy condition, she telekinetically field strips the rifle, and stuffs all the parts and bullets into her saddle bag.

Once that's done, she quickly turns her attention back towards the derelict flame weapons. Chain casts her gaze around, looking for empty bottles or other containers. Molotov cocktails, anyone?

15. - Top - End - #615

Fillydelphia - Hallway

Perry facepalms. Greta frowns. "You treated your own injuries? Unless you're some sort of young prodigy of medicine, you probably need to get that looked at by a real doctor."

Perry shrugs. "Once your friends are done, we can take you back to our camp and have one of our medics look you over, if you want."

"They'll be Talon docs, not Red Eye docs. That's good, right?" Greta asks Luka with a hopeful smile.
    "Uh.... Yeah it is. Ok, thanks" He would say, thought he wouldn't be that sure if they ask for anything in change.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ravine

The griffon begins to make his way towards the end of the ravine.

Beep. Beep. Beep beep.

Uh oh.
    When the beeping starts he would simply rush back and dive for cover, chances are the mine wouldn't be visible fast enough to be disarmed in time.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #616
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Pineapple shrugs.

"We're still figuring it out, really. We only finished fighting a few hours ago. As far as I can tell, most of the buildings haven't been cleaned in a while, but are in good enough condition that they won't collapse on you. If you'd rather not risk it though, Doc Patch has tents."
    "I'd rather not risk the tents, actually. If you don't mind, I'd prefer somewhere with solitude. And a lock, if possible. Something to make sure a certain someone doesn't get any ideas."

Night Jewel shook her head. "Well, I'll find a place. Don't worry too much. Is that all?"

[Meanwhile]

Bright Eyes nodded. "Seems as good a place as any. Who wants to take first watch?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Hoofington]

Open Heart smiles in response, but something in her eyes indicates a sense of apology rather than acceptance.

"I appreciate the offer. Really!"

And here it comes.

"But right now there's...

...It's personal reasons, that's all."

She frowns a bit as she pauses, but quickly regains her apologetic look.

"If I ever start thinking about settling down though, I might just take you up on that though. And, for now, if there's ever an emergency and I'm in the neighborhood, all you have to do is ask."

Ponyville

Pineapple shrugs.

"Like I said, you'd probably want to check the buildings. Some of them still lock, and the ones that are still standing have pretty sturdy walls. They've lasted 200 years after a megaspell hit them, after all, and the only thing that's knocked any down since I've been here are these babies and their family."

She hefts up the grenade launcher, clarifying that she's referring to bombs. Lots and lots of explosives.

"Anyway, I think that's it. Lamia asked me to keep you out of trouble though, so I'll be sticking around if you don't mind too much."

She pauses a moment.

"Now that I think about it, are you any good with computers?"
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2013-03-21 at 12:07 AM.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    Wasteland in the Night

Sparky looked at the darkening clouds. "I think night's close. Should we get settled down here and set up a fire?"
    Quote Originally Posted by PIK

[Meanwhile]

Bright Eyes nodded. "Seems as good a place as any. Who wants to take first watch?"

"I'll take first watch everyone,"
    Steel Creel said with a sharp nod of his head. Meanwhile Mags clung to Bright Eyes' leg.

"Me and Miss Bright Eyes are gonna collect any firewood, ain't we?" She asked the mare.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Pineapple shrugs.

"Like I said, you'd probably want to check the buildings. Some of them still lock, and the ones that are still standing have pretty sturdy walls. They've lasted 200 years after a megaspell hit them, after all, and the only thing that's knocked any down since I've been here are these babies and their family."

She hefts up the grenade launcher, clarifying that she's referring to bombs. Lots and lots of explosives.

"Anyway, I think that's it. Lamia asked me to keep you out of trouble though, so I'll be sticking around if you don't mind too much."

She pauses a moment.

"Now that I think about it, are you any good with computers?"
    Confound it. Now he won't let me out of sight and has a pony ready to blast me at a moment's notice. Oh well, at least I won't be bored here.

"Computers? That sounds like something I could handle. What do you need help with?"
    Night Jewel smiled, doing her best to be cooperative. If Lamianos was a pragmatic type, all she had to do was make herself useful and she'd be safe from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"I'll take first watch everyone,"
    Steel Creel said with a sharp nod of his head. Meanwhile Mags clung to Bright Eyes' leg.

"Me and Miss Bright Eyes are gonna collect any firewood, ain't we?" She asked the mare.
    "Yep! Smart girl." Bright Eyes grinned. "Word of advice: Don't try logging in the Everfree Forest. It doesn't end well."

She took out a torch and lit it up. "No good running around in the dark. Anyway, let's go!"
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2013-03-21 at 11:55 AM.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Ponyville]

Night Jewel might not know it, but the mare's actually only tangentially loyal to Lamianos, and mostly out of fear. It would pretty much take outright violence for her to bring her weapons to bear.

Anyway, Pineapple smiles, obviously pleased.

"Really? Awesome! I found a computer with an encrypted message earlier while scavenging. It's written like a love letter with some file corruption, but it can't be that. The scrambling's too precise, and I think it's some kind of code. Coding a love letter is really weird though, so I think that it's hiding something good. Here, I can show you..."

Assuming Night Jewel follows, Pineapple heads back to where she found the computer earlier and turns it back on, revealing the message once more.

-[To My Verdant Love]-

Remember our days.

Idgr oimw gvurlu

Qhb woh ghui mrv fry ihxahv akeu l

I'm sorry.

-[File End]-
    "See though? There are only two lines of scrambling, the file opens just fine, and most of it is untouched. I'm not great with computers, but I know enough to tell that this isn't just faulty data."

21. - Top - End - #621

[Hoofington]

Well...

The Flash Fillies seem a bit put off that the two ponies wouldn't be staying with them. But there's some degree of trepidation about trying to force them. They had seen what Slip could do already. And they were all inside a concrete building at the moment. How hard would it be for the monster of an earth pony to bring it down on all their heads?

Besides... If she did make it into the Reapers it would be a swell idea to stay on her good side.

"Alright, fine," Dazzler says. "Get out of here before I change my mind."

And thus our hero's have their weapons returned and are sent on their way! Slip grins that half-a-grin of hers and tips her helmet slightly before trotting back out into the torrential rain.

The earth pony takes a deep breath, the scent of scorched pony flesh, water, fire, and hot asphalt filling her nose. "Ah, I love the weather in Hoofington."

They should find Chain gathering up some old Cola bottles for the making of incendiary soda doom.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

(Going to hold off on Filly posts so Luka doesn't get too far ahead of the others in the office. Still waiting on Drowlord there, I believe.)

Ravine

Presuming the griffon can find a nice rock or boulder to hide behind, he manages to avoid a pair of landmine blasts, narrowing escaping the whirlwind of anti-personnel shrapnel and shockwaves they create. Keyword: Presuming.

---
    Hoofington

Chain Link telekinetically sets aside the small pile of molotov cocktails she's been making from empty bottles, flamer fuel, and strips of dead ganger clothes. She pulls down her goggles, and flashes a cavalier grin at the two approaching mares. "Well that was fast. Figured you'd be awhile longer doin' the whole 'voluntary hostage' thing. Or start a fight and bring the whole damn place down in a suitably badass fashion. One or the other," she shrugs. "I'm guessin' you gals actually went the 'diplomatic route' with 'em? Feh," she snorts in amusement. "Bein' able to buck a f***ing building at folks probably allows for some pretty good leverage. Hah!"

"Anyhoo," she gestures a hoof at the neat pile of bottles, "Any of you gals fond of lightin' stuff on fire? There's plenty of flamer fuel left, so I figure we can either rig one of these things up to work properly, take most of the fuel and sell it, or make a bunch of little firebombs to use or sell. Whatcha think?" she asks Slip and Heart with a crooked grin.

23. - Top - End - #623

Fillydelphia

Elestre's expression became very serious. "I don't claim to have the most knowledge of any pony in the wasteland, but from my research and from the effects of the magic, I believe most of the offensive was tainted fire of great power, and..."

He racked his memory from the end of the fight.

"At nearly the end of the skirmish, I felt an odd magic rejuvenate me somewhat. Later, from others, I had heard that many slaves had been killed that the balefire and fight did not account for. He may have known a type of spell that stole the life from others and gave it to those he chose."

Camping in the Wasteland

Sparky nodded sharply. "If you feel okay about going for firewood without me, I'll stay here and make sure Steel's not ambushed. If you think I should come along, though, I'd be happy to."
    Last edited by Drowlord; 2013-03-22 at 07:44 AM.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Ettin in the Playground

Southwestern Wasteland of Equestria- Maul Strikes Back

Priming his body, Maul crouched lower and lower until he finally released his stored up energy and sproinged forward like a loosed spring, spear primed to embed itself in the Warrior Bro as Maul lowered his horn in preparation of using it to cut the warrior aswell.

[TAG Benson]

Ponyville Barbecue- With 50% less annoying codes!

Lamianos gave a half smile at Eledwhen when he answered her "Why, finding those two is a high priority of mine. But first we have to make the town respectable enough for Luka to visit. You wouldn't want Luka and Elestre to live in terrible conditions now would you? When Ponyville has passed my rigorous standards, then I will personally lead the hunt to find our lost and blinded friends." With that potential crisis averted, Lamia redirected his attentions to Doc Patch and said "Yes well, i've always had an affinity for young ones, and when fate gifted me this little ball of sunshine I couldn't possibly say no." His smile bolsters itself as he rubs Eledwhen affectionately.

Standing himself up he looks to the horizon and says "Speaking of standards, we should begin preparations for repair and sending you to off for diplomacy. I'll go fetch my Power Armor and see if I can keep an eye on Delirious Hex. Doc, organize your bandits. They'll be doing more construction then fighting for the next few days," He begins trotting forward as he dispatches orders, but stops by Razoreye and gives the griffin a stern look as he motions for him to go to the side and tell him something in private. Assuming Razoreye went along with Lamia he would hear Lamianos whisper "I need you to watch over a glorified prisoner we have. Her name's Night Jewel, purple unicorn mare. Sly little bastard. I don't entirely trust her, and I can't entrust Pineapple to lay down the law when push comes to shove. Once Night Jewel's stationed herself in one of the houses, relieve Pineapple of her duties and keep an eye on the purple mare. We could use someone with a more subtle set of skills at our disposal, but that doesn't mean I want a knife in my stomach when I wake up at night. Understood?"

[TAG Drowlord, DEB, MCerberus]
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

25. - Top - End - #625
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Fillydelphia - Hallway

Greta smiles cheerfully at Luka. "Alright, once your friends are done meeting with Red Eye, I'll see if we can get you over to the Talon camp and have one of our medics take a look at your wing."

---
    Fillydelphia - Office

Red Eye's expression turns very grave. He slowly leans forward, folding his hooves in front of him, and fixes the two other ponies with an even stare. "I think we need to clarify something. Mister Finder, you have mentioned that your deal-making companion used some form of elemental magic. Young Elestre, you have mentioned balefire. Elemental fire and necromantic balefire are two very different things, and it would be much worse if the latter where to fall into the 'hooves' of a certain third party. So, gentlestallions, could you please clarify for me which one your associate used against my slavers and slaves?"

"That other stuff, the life stealing? Sounds like enervation," Stern mutters darkly, her expression grim.

"Yes," Red Eye frowns. "Yes, it certainly does."
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2013-03-22 at 11:46 AM.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Ponyville Barbecue- With 50% less annoying codes!

Lamianos gave a half smile at Eledwhen when he answered her "Why, finding those two is a high priority of mine. But first we have to make the town respectable enough for Luka to visit. You wouldn't want Luka and Elestre to live in terrible conditions now would you? When Ponyville has passed my rigorous standards, then I will personally lead the hunt to find our lost and blinded friends." With that potential crisis averted, Lamia redirected his attentions to Doc Patch and said "Yes well, i've always had an affinity for young ones, and when fate gifted me this little ball of sunshine I couldn't possibly say no." His smile bolsters itself as he rubs Eledwhen affectionately.

Standing himself up he looks to the horizon and says "Speaking of standards, we should begin preparations for repair and sending you to off for diplomacy. I'll go fetch my Power Armor and see if I can keep an eye on Delirious Hex. Doc, organize your bandits. They'll be doing more construction then fighting for the next few days," He begins trotting forward as he dispatches orders, but stops by Razoreye and gives the griffin a stern look as he motions for him to go to the side and tell him something in private. Assuming Razoreye went along with Lamia he would hear Lamianos whisper "I need you to watch over a glorified prisoner we have. Her name's Night Jewel, purple unicorn mare. Sly little bastard. I don't entirely trust her, and I can't entrust Pineapple to lay down the law when push comes to shove. Once Night Jewel's stationed herself in one of the houses, relieve Pineapple of her duties and keep an eye on the purple mare. We could use someone with a more subtle set of skills at our disposal, but that doesn't mean I want a knife in my stomach when I wake up at night. Understood?"

[TAG Drowlord, DEB, MCerberus]
    Eledwhen nuzzles Lamia, both affectionate and oblivious.

Then, it's time for things to happen! What should I do?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

27. - Top - End - #627

Fillydelphia - Hallway

Greta smiles cheerfully at Luka. "Alright, once your friends are done meeting with Red Eye, I'll see if we can get you over to the Talon camp and have one of our medics take a look at your wing."
    The colt would just slightly examine the wound after nodding at Greta, he would wince a bit after slightly touching it.
    "[Daddy's colt]I just fixed it like I seen dad do it, I mean, just pouring antiseptics on the wound and the bandage and then covering it, but I think he pulled out pieces of stuff that was in too, so I think I did that too"

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ravine

Presuming the griffon can find a nice rock or boulder to hide behind, he manages to avoid a pair of landmine blasts, narrowing escaping the whirlwind of anti-personnel shrapnel and shockwaves they create. Keyword: Presuming.
    If there's a rock he would simply dash to it as fast as he can and dive behind for cover, otherwise, if there wasn't any cover, he would run as far as he could and dive down to evade as much of the shrapnel as he could possibly stay away from.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #628
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Hoofington

Open Heart only grins in response.

"Hey, don't mock the diplomatic route too much. Ammo's expensive, and so are working Healing Potions."

The Molotovs just make her a bit uneasy, though.

"Erm, I'll pass. Those look a little...unstable for my comfort."

Her eyes betray her a bit though, and it's clear to any who pay attention that there's some deeper fear involved here.

29. - Top - End - #629

Fillydelphia

The young pony nodded. "It's a valid concern. I believe that elemental fire is blue or possibly white, while this was vicious and pitch-black. As well, I believe that the aforementioned antagonist called him a necromancer, leading me to believe it was not elemental flame."

Ponyville

Doc Patch nodded, smiling at the hulking pony's name for Eledwhen. He turned, tail swishing as he called his ponies by name and gestured them towards his tent.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Fillydelphia - Hallway

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    The colt would just slightly examine the wound after nodding at Greta, he would wince a bit after slightly touching it.
    "[Daddy's colt]I just fixed it like I seen dad do it, I mean, just pouring antiseptics on the wound and the bandage and then covering it, but I think he pulled out pieces of stuff that was in too, so I think I did that too"
    Greta and Perry both frown. "No potion or healing magic?" the male griffon asks.

Greta shakes her head. "Yeah, you need that properly looked at. May need stitches or a potion to properly regen the musculature and-"

"Always with the big words."

"Shut up, Perry."

---
    Ravine

If there's a rock he would simply dash to it as fast as he can and dive behind for cover, otherwise, if there wasn't any cover, he would run as far as he could and dive down to evade as much of the shrapnel as he could possibly stay away from.
    Boom!

(Up to you whether he found a good enough rock or not, really. I can't force character damage...)