New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Mallside V

[Promenade]

Arthur looks down at the boxes in his hands. Then at his no-longer-broken-arm. "Y'know...I never did get that coffee I wanted. Long as you don't get something that's all foo-foo'd up like a mocha-whatever, you're welcome to join me. I might decide to hit an electronics place later, get a new laptop like I'd planned. Y'know. A normal day out for once."

He's still not mentioning certain critical details and need-to-know information. Like the Vice thing. But, he's guessing he can keep that under wraps and deal with it on his own time later.
    Vespe Ratavo slowly destroys the GRIMDARKNESS of Warhammer 40K

Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Said by Vespe Ratavo

Stealing romance novels from the tech-priests...we've seriously hit a new low...
    Destro says:
    Ok, it's allowed this once, but only because it gives Vespe the chance to crack awesome jokes

Vespe says:
    That could really be used to justify anything...

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

Let's Play Space Empires V

2. - Top - End - #1322

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    "Thanks."

Mil waves Aiden to the door.
    And Aiden walks to the front of the store, making no mention of what he managed to hear.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Troll in the Playground

Promenade >> Coffee Place

Quote Originally Posted by blackouttwo View Post
    [Promenade]

Arthur looks down at the boxes in his hands. Then at his no-longer-broken-arm. "Y'know...I never did get that coffee I wanted. Long as you don't get something that's all foo-foo'd up like a mocha-whatever, you're welcome to join me. I might decide to hit an electronics place later, get a new laptop like I'd planned. Y'know. A normal day out for once."

He's still not mentioning certain critical details and need-to-know information. Like the Vice thing. But, he's guessing he can keep that under wraps and deal with it on his own time later.
    "I'm welcome to join you, am I? Why thank you very much!" Despite the words, her tone is playful, so Arthur has avoided getting in trouble with the girlfriend. For now.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Bugbear in the Playground

Cloth Shopping

Cessie leads Ilpholin and Darcy into the mall. It was strange being her with people she hadn't seen in a while. Especially when they were going to buy clothes with her, this was usually something very private she did on her own or with Sakura.

"Eh... so perhaps we should go looking at arcane threads? They have a wide collection of clothes. That's where I buy most of my dresses."

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Troll in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium - Lesbian Fey Invasion]

Mimi will have noted that, indeed, other melee weapons were pointed out - including bolas, and kukris. Also tantos, shriuken, and springrazor traps. She might also notice on display nearby a Claymore mine.

"Some people prefer them, and they're less expensive," Crissy explains to Misha, shrugging. Indeed, the Gauss/Gunfoam weapons are priced fairly ridiculously. (The Strohl Munitions plasma cannons next to them, not so much.) She looks to Riss at her question, though, she shrugs. "Um, well, like, I don't know the exact details," she explains apologetically, "but the weapon contains a small neutronium-annihilation power source that supplies energy to small-scale gravitic manipulators that produce a gravitational field that accellerates the projectile. There's larger models that use the gravitic field itself as a weapon, but we don't have those in stock, they're special-order."

Beause setting off a gravy gun in Mallside would not be of the good.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Sizewell peers at the tiny person flying in front of him, his expression as unmoving as ever.
    "I Am Sizewell. I Am A Clay Golem Created By Two Of The Employees Of This Store," he rumbles.
    [Erin's Emporium - Timeline 2]

"Oh yeah? Who're they?" Mimi questions. She looks around the store as if to find them. She is now thoroughly distracted from the reason she took interest in the store to begin with.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Titan in the Playground

"One Of Them Is Crissy, Who Is Speaking To Your Friends," Sizewell says, motioning slightly to the half-elf. "THe Other One Is Dorota, Who Is Working In Her Laboratory Now."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Troll in the Playground

Cloth Shopping

"Me and Ilphy were clothes shopping here the other day, so I don't need anything," Darcy says. She's not entirely sure why they're at the mall when she thought they were looking at babies, but it's all cool.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #1329

Well, the muse would argue that newer wasn't necessarily better but it did have a significant bias towards efficiency. Still, that said, she would recognize that preference would play a factor as well.

In any case, Riss would give Crissy a certain expression before continuing to ask: "So... Is this hyperdense matter or the zeroth element that you're talking about here? Neutronium has varying definitions and those that I know of would present complications in the collection of such as well as use.. To say nothing of its antimatter equvelent. And.. The field itself is.. Well, what magnitude of gravity does it create? I would assume a large excess of standard gravity but even with a small field, wouldn't that induce warping of the frame after continual use? And wouldn't there also be some danger to the handler from being exposed to such gravetic fluctuations?" Far from accusatory or dismissive, the muse's tone was eager and almost innocently curious. She knew plenty but she also knew that she didn't know even a fraction of everything. Though, at the least, the prospect of talking about technology was enough to loosen her tongue... Although given her company, it might simply strike others as odd that a person who spent their time around Fey would have such interest in physics.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Ogre in the Playground

Clothes Shopping

"Well if we're going to get you something different from what you usually get, maybe we should go someplace else entirely?" Ilpholin suggests. "Maybe they have a Magtok's Secret in here..." Ilpholin giggles at the thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #1331

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post

Well, the muse would argue that newer wasn't necessarily better but it did have a significant bias towards efficiency. Still, that said, she would recognize that preference would play a factor as well.

In any case, Riss would give Crissy a certain expression before continuing to ask: "So... Is this hyperdense matter or the zeroth element that you're talking about here? Neutronium has varying definitions and those that I know of would present complications in the collection of such as well as use.. To say nothing of its antimatter equvelent. And.. The field itself is.. Well, what magnitude of gravity does it create? I would assume a large excess of standard gravity but even with a small field, wouldn't that induce warping of the frame after continual use? And wouldn't there also be some danger to the handler from being exposed to such gravetic fluctuations?" Far from accusatory or dismissive, the muse's tone was eager and almost innocently curious. She knew plenty but she also knew that she didn't know even a fraction of everything. Though, at the least, the prospect of talking about technology was enough to loosen her tongue... Although given her company, it might simply strike others as odd that a person who spent their time around Fey would have such interest in physics.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Erin's Emporium - Lesbian Fey Invasion]

Mimi will have noted that, indeed, other melee weapons were pointed out - including bolas, and kukris. Also tantos, shriuken, and springrazor traps. She might also notice on display nearby a Claymore mine.

"Some people prefer them, and they're less expensive," Crissy explains to Misha, shrugging. Indeed, the Gauss/Gunfoam weapons are priced fairly ridiculously. (The Strohl Munitions plasma cannons next to them, not so much.) She looks to Riss at her question, though, she shrugs. "Um, well, like, I don't know the exact details," she explains apologetically, "but the weapon contains a small neutronium-annihilation power source that supplies energy to small-scale gravitic manipulators that produce a gravitational field that accellerates the projectile. There's larger models that use the gravitic field itself as a weapon, but we don't have those in stock, they're special-order."

Beause setting off a gravy gun in Mallside would not be of the good.
    Erin's Emporium - T2

Well when it was put that way, gravy guns didn't sound any safer than the exploding ones. In fact, they all sounded pretty dangerous to the person wielding them as well as the target. Though, being dangerous to the target was most of the point.

"What about... water based stuff? Are there any weapons that work with that?" If there were, maybe some of them could give Misha inspiration to expand on her own abilities. If not, maybe they'd be safer than the stuff being talked about right now.

Speaking of safer, "Oh, and what about stuff that doesn't kill? Like for defending yourself, but not hurting the person too bad." Another thing she'd been thinking about. If she can figure out ways to incapacitate, maybe weaning herself off the urge to kill every threat to Riss and Mimi won't be so hard.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

12. - Top - End - #1332

Clothes Shopping

They were here yesterday? That was awkward, she wasn't even sure how to reply to that. "Magtok's secret? That does't sound like a store for me." She had never gotten along with the metal-man. "But I know there are other stores around. Maybe we can just look around?"

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

"One Of Them Is Crissy, Who Is Speaking To Your Friends," Sizewell says, motioning slightly to the half-elf. "THe Other One Is Dorota, Who Is Working In Her Laboratory Now."

Dorota and Crissy. Mimi peers at Crissy for a moment, then spins around to look at Sizewell again. "So they're like, your moms?" She giggles.

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Titan in the Playground

The light in Sizewell's eyes glows a little brighter. Those who know him recognize it as the closest he gets to a smile.
    "I Believe They Could Be Called Such, Yes."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Troll in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium (TL2)]

"Um..." Crissy looks a little out of her depth, but manages to smile. "I believe it's hyperdense matter, neutronium as in, like, neutron stars, and the gravitics actually contain the effects as well as generating them once the annie plant is warbucked," she explains. "The only danger would be if something cracked the plant, in which case you'd totally have been already vaporised anyway!" And she sounds far too cheerful discussing this!

And she turns to Misha, stil smiling brightly. "Well, aside from, like, water cannons for crowd control and stuff there's not too many water weapons, but if you want a stunner you might want to look into a Zat'nik'tel, it can either stun or kill depending on need, one shot incapacitates, two shots make it permament."

She seems not to notice Mimi. Probably best.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Ogre in the Playground

Clothes Shopping

"The point is to get you clothes unlike you! Well... still you YOU, but not you you."
    "You know."

"Looking around works." Ilpholin decides as a decent changer of topics as she starts wandering around the mall randomly, looking for the right clothes store.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

17. - Top - End - #1337

Clothes Shopping

Not really being sure what Ilpholin means Cessie decides she'll just pick a store who she haven't seen before. It does stand in contrast to the other stores around it though, it's much smaller for instance and is colored in the same blue color as a pair of jeans as probably was intended considering the big black letters above the door reads "I Dream of Jeans" with the picture of a green jeans clad genie beside it.

Despite it's eye catching look, the store looks almost deserted. Like no one have noticed besides Cessie and the others.

As the sorceress opens the door a bell sounds and suddenly the three find themselves in a quite different store then the flashy exterior promised. By the counter sits a black monkey chained with a skull from what looks like a small dragon covering it's face. Only it's two red eyes are visible from within. There is a triangular shaped ash tray filled with incense right besides it with smoke slowly rising towards the roof. Thankfully there is also a large fan nearby which clears the air.

There are also other items you wouldn't normally associate with a clothing store such as tribal masks and paintings hanging from the worlds with strange patterns and monsters as the general theme. There are clothes of course, a lot of clothes, tightly crammed into the little space the store have to offer. And true to the name, most of them appear to be jeans.

There aren't any sign of any shop keepers yet though but the semi-mystic theme of this store appears to have made the sorceress curious as she starts looking around as soon as they entered. "Yeah, I have definitely not been here before."

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Troll in the Playground

I dream of Jeans

"Er, me either. I guess it's not-you though."
    Darcy suggests.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Ogre in the Playground

I Dream of Jeans

"I dunno... seems... wish-granting, mystic like." Those wishes screw so many things up!

Ilpholin walks up to the monkey and asks in perfect monkey, "Do you sell clothes that'd make her husband wild with desire for her? You know, something sultry but not too revealing."
    Huh. Guess she's really improved on her animal speak.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #1340

[Erin's Emporium (TL2)]

"If that is the case then do you know how it compensates for the inertia from such hyperdense mass?" the muse asked. It was a valid question as even a pinch of matter from a neutron star had more mass than a terrestrial mountain. "Also... Wouldn't the mass be hard to contain without an immense gravity field? What material is keeping the matter pressurized and.. Well, for that matter, cool enough so that it isn't radiating what I would expect to be an immense amount of heat?" Riss had a few ideas how it might theoretically work but one violated the third law of thermodynamics while the others depended on a level of understanding about the physical world that was, frankly, near omniscient. Still, maybe there were shortcuts? There was one that she had been toying with herself that would be of use here but she had yet to really hammer out the theory.

Though, Misha's comment on personal deterrent devices did get her thinking... Although all the muse would show of it was just a gentle squeeze of the nereid's hand. "I'm not being boring, am I?" she asked ,leaning in close to whisper. Misha would likely be able to tell from her expression that she was managing to enjoy the conversation with Crissy despite her usual hang ups.

21. - Top - End - #1341

I Dream of Jeans

The monkey stares at Ilpholin, it's expression hidden by it's mask. Though by the long pause, she might guess it's confused or surprised. "Ehh... don't handle customers much. Shop keeper not here." It pauses a moment, considering something. "But what her husband like?" It suddenly sounds very excited. "Maybe I help eh?"

Meanwhile the sorceress eyes are drawn to the conversation, not really looking sure what to think. She would ask Darcy about it, but she still felt like a stranger to her. Was she speaking to that creature?

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Troll in the Playground

I Dream of Jeans

Darcy is as startled as Cessie about the sudden monkey-talk abilities of Ilpholin. Not to mention it sounds a bit silly.

"What are you really looking for? Something different you said?"
    she asks Cessie.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Ogre in the Playground

I Dream of Jeans

It sounds incredibly silly. Monkey noises all over the place.

"He's a half-dragon with a boob fetish. But she's kinda shy about her sexuality, so we're not looking for anything too over the top. Training wheels and all that."

I'm not sure discussing this with a monkey is going to produce the best results...
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #1344

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Promenade >> Coffee Place

"I'm welcome to join you, am I? Why thank you very much!" Despite the words, her tone is playful, so Arthur has avoided getting in trouble with the girlfriend. For now.
    Indeed, he dodged a bullet there. "Hey, as long as you drink actual coffee. I prefer my coffee straight black. It's not supposed to taste good." Clearly, he has a low opinion of things like sugar and half-and-half. THIS IS MANLY.

Spoiler
    Show

Stealing romance novels from the tech-priests...we've seriously hit a new low...
    Destro says:
    Ok, it's allowed this once, but only because it gives Vespe the chance to crack awesome jokes

Vespe says:

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Troll in the Playground

Coffee Place

He probably knows by now that Willow takes her coffee black as sin and twice as sweet. "If you're going to be that type of coffee snob, you should be buying it from a gas station where the pot has been sitting on the warmer for three hours."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #1346

I Dream of Jeans

The monkey taps it's skull thoughtfully until it suddenly snaps it's long fingers. "I know cloth just like that." It turns to look at Ilpohlin again. "But it really special clothing. Only for special customers. Are you... special?"

Cessie gives the monkey and Ilpholin an odd glance. What in the world where they doing? Oh well. She turns back to the cloth stands to show Darcy. "I was thinking buying some jeans. That's not really me." She says while moving around the clothes. Darcy might note that while there are ordinary blue jeans there are also types of strange colors and materials. Some that looks like they were made of stone, fire or even ice. The material still feel like cloth however. "Maybe a long sleeved shirt too." She looks over the clothes. "This might sound strange, but I don't really want to wear the same type of clothes as everyone else. I want something unique." She says while picking out a pair of white jeans that looks like they were made of marble. "Back in Hestopia I looked just like everyone else but here I look quite different. I don't want to feel like I'm confirming to this worlds style you know? But yet... I think I'm actually ready for something new." That sounds very vague.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-03-23 at 03:28 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1347

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Coffee Place

He probably knows by now that Willow takes her coffee black as sin and twice as sweet. "If you're going to be that type of coffee snob, you should be buying it from a gas station where the pot has been sitting on the warmer for three hours."
    Arthur makes a good-natured 'psh' noise. "I'm not a snob. I just prefer coffee the way it's supposed to be. But I guess I can overlook certain details like your taste in coffee. After all, I get street cred for having Black Maul as a girlfriend. There's perks there." Seems he's stopped caring about that little detail, if he's using it for jokes.

Spoiler
    Show

Destro says:

Vespe says:

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

28. - Top - End - #1348

Erin's Emporium - T2

Misha shakes her head happily, stirred out of her own thoughts by the question, "No, just a bit above my head. I'll learn what it all means eventually, don't worry." She smiles beatifically and goes back to what she was thinking of.

"So what about high pressure water as a power source for the gun things? It's cheap, and if you pressurized it then it'd have a lot of oomph behind it to propel things. If it can be used in crowd control, why not just put a boolet in front of it?" Good with new words Misha is not. Though, she might do a better job of it if she was corrected.

"Or... hmmmm." Oh now she's got an idea. Riss should know by now that look on her face only happens when she's about to take liquid physics and bend them over her knee until they're whimpering and fearful for their continued existence.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Troll in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium, TL2]

"Well," Crissy answers Misha first, "I suppose you could, the same as if you were using compressed air - but it doesn't provide the same power as, like, an explosive does, and it's limited before you would have to get a new tank of water. Also, using normal bullets would totally be contraindicated for crowd control, you only want the wave of water," she explains, before looking back to Riss with an apologetic look.

"I'm...not really, like, totally up on the technical details. There is an immense gravity field, though, but it's contained electomagnetically. I think. The tech is from the 34th century of the dimension it originated in though, so it's so totally super high-tech." And her Valley Girl accent is slipping out once more.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #1350

[Erin's Emporium, TL2]

Riss still wasn't completely certain she was comfortable with Misha's almost casual disregard for how things were supposed to work when her element was brought into play but it was certainly overshadowed by the little thrill she had whenever the nereid started thinking out of the box. Riss was certain that there were some laws that still had to be followed but there was a small, nearly childish part of her that was gleeful over the fact that something worked regardless of how.

And that was when she had the idea of a miniature hydroelectric plant to power a system. I'd better save this idea till later but I think we'll be downright dangerous once we start putting our heads together on things.

Still, that said, Crissy's answer was.. Well, she was certain that electromagnetics did not work that way but she wasn't about to point that out. She had said this wasn't her area of expertise after all. "Um.. Well in that case, Could I, maybe, have a moment to examine it?" the muse asked. She had gotten as far as she could with just questions and all that chatter had been a bit tiring although admittedly a bit fun too.

If permitted to handle it, then no sooner than the muse began looking it over would the device quite suddenly fly out of her hands and proceed upwards at an incredible speed; taking with it a nonnegligable portion of the ceiling. Those with the proper visual acuity or otherwise the ability to take note would see that the moon would find itself missing a small mountain off it's surface not too long afterwards. Of course, the real story was that inertia apparently remembered what it was supposed to be doing and the device simply stayed where it was while the planet zoomed away through space but it would take a larger frame of reference to figure that part out.

Still, gentle reminders to the laws of physics aside, Riss would be understandably shocked about this turn of events.