New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VII: Our Waitstaff Can Be In Three Places At Once

Yeah. Mr C is full of wonders. The eyebrows just appear and disapear every time he rise them.^^(These are the 'fun facts' and shouldn't cause more then a smile )
    Mr.C doesn't start speaking lizard. It would be rude against the human.

"Oh lizard. Thought you speak dragon. Well no problem for me. I can speak more langues then people guess."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Dancing Fox Inn VII: Our Waitstaff Can Be In Three Places At Once

(I will be using Zebes' normal text color now)
    "I understand it, at least."
    Jace pipes in. He understands his familiar's speech at all times, although not necessarily other lizards.
    "Although it works best with snouted reptiles, Draconic is still a language that requires vocal chords, which pocket dragons can't naturally use since theirs are too small to produce those sounds. Which is odd because they're magic but none of it went there."
    Which is to say that I designed this horribly and if I could just get through the Labyrinth I could get rid of it
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

Meddy watches... lizard... dragon... talking things.
    She'd consider this weird, but then again she's... well, she's her.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

4. - Top - End - #394

"Nah" Mr.C replies at Jace.

"Dragon toung isn't that hard if you train a bit. See me. I can speak it even dragons think I'm better than some of their kind."

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace shakes his head.
    Yes, but you can speak other languages. His species is physically incapable of producing vowel sounds that those kinds of languages use.

6. - Top - End - #396

"Very sad" C says.

"And what do you do here around?"

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

"Couple things. I'm still living off my adventurer funds, but I sell some of the magic stuff I make for some extra money on Market Street sometimes. I've been thinking of joining Watch or something just to find something to do."
    It's kind of odd how hard it is to find people looking for old-fashioned adventures. Did we really go so out of style?

8. - Top - End - #398

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    So, the juxtaposition of Colin sitting around and him not is enough to shake Mist out of his autopilot. He goes over to him, rubbing a temple. Or whatever the vulpine equivalent is.
    Crap, I'm sorry, Colin. I just really have to keep moving when I'm like this. For a variety of reasons. I'll try to tone it down. Promise.
    Colin smiles up at him, leaping back into Waiter mode.
    I'll do orders, you fetch the food.
    He says with a grin.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist gives Colin a salute.
    You got it.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

Leaving her payment on the table, Meddy walks out.
    With her weird legs with hands on them.
    Ghhhh.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

11. - Top - End - #401

"Couple things. I'm still living off my adventurer funds, but I sell some of the magic stuff I make for some extra money on Market Street sometimes. I've been thinking of joining Watch or something just to find something to do."
    It's kind of odd how hard it is to find people looking for old-fashioned adventures. Did we really go so out of style?
    "Sounds nice." C repolies to Jaces.

"There are enougth adventure to go to. Just ask on the wall. A bit ago there was an Organisation called Curator. They where treasure hunters and all that. Sadly the Org disapeared."

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace shakes his head.
    That's too bad; it sounds fun.

13. - Top - End - #403

"It was. I got some magic items from it, but I won't sell them. I also found enougth money to rest for some time."

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace reaches into a pocket and pulls out a little card, which he writes on with a finger before shrinking down to more Mr. C's size.
    "Well, here's my address. If you ever need something else made, stop in some time. I can't say I'm as efficient as Azik, but I have more free time."

15. - Top - End - #405
    Barbarian in the Playground

A young man walks in and sits down at the bar. He has brown hair, blue eyes, and a hazy outline. It looks like he's incorporeal, at first, but then he taps a quiet rhythm out on the surface of the bar.

A minute later, a young woman with long mahogany hair as well as the ears and tail of a black fox enters the Inn. She's wearing black leather that clings to her curvy figure and walks with a confidence born more from her powers than her attractive body. She looks around to see who all is here, then sits at a table where she can keep an eye on the man.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

16. - Top - End - #406

As Jace offers his car, Mr. C takes out his own business card out of behind his collar, which is normal size. That may throw a few questions, like where did he store a card half his own size? Why can he hold it with one paw it must be nearly 1/4 his weight. The card contains a mobile phone number, an email address and some other ways to call him.

"Actually I have something. The thing making myself bigger didn't work, but I though how about giving me an Item who grants me a temporary human body. Like showing your humanoid self."

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

Woah, there, Jace is just getting used to having a cell phone. Showing him a computer might make his head explode. He does pocket the card, though.
    "Sounds possible. Humanoid or human? And do you have a preference in its form?"

18. - Top - End - #408

"Humanoid, I thought humans would be easy, but if you are able to do more I won't stop you. Form would depend on what you can do." Mr. C grins. This may be his best chance to get away from the not beeing noticed thing.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace thinks for a moment.
    "Keeping you reptilian would actually be much easier than making you human. I can't guarantee your armor and stuff would change for the shape, but you don't seem to have much trouble there. The main problem would be duration. I could easily do it if it's just for a bit, but if you want it to last for a few hours or all day I'd have to find a way to give it extra power. It could feed off your magic, which wouldn't be much unless you use your daily reserves every day. I could also reduce the size to something on the kobold scale instead of human. Oh, and if you don't mind, what are you? It gets a lot more complicated if you were an elemental, for example."

20. - Top - End - #410
    Firbolg in the Playground

A patch of shadow appears in the corners, and shapes into what is pretty clearly a portal. A person steps out. A thin, hungry-looking woman in dark clothes, wearing a pair of sunglasses and holding a walking stick. She looks absolutely overjoyed, like a birthday and Christmas and winning the lottery all happened at once. She takes one step out of the portal and immediately collapse, crashing face down onto the floor of the Inn.

"Ow. That-ow. That's how gravity works, isn't it?" Very slowly, she uses her walking stick to stand back up again.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    A patch of shadow appears in the corners, and shapes into what is pretty clearly a portal. A person steps out. A thin, hungry-looking woman in dark clothes, wearing a pair of sunglasses and holding a walking stick. She looks absolutely overjoyed, like a birthday and Christmas and winning the lottery all happened at once. She takes one step out of the portal and immediately collapse, crashing face down onto the floor of the Inn.

"Ow. That-ow. That's how gravity works, isn't it?" Very slowly, she uses her walking stick to stand back up again.
    Mist goes over to her.
    Hey, you need some help?

22. - Top - End - #412

Mist goes over to her.
    Hey, you need some help?
    "I think I just need practice. Thank you!" Best not to let people too close. Wouldn't want to slip up and try to eat them.

"Actually, maybe you can help me to a seat?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

Mist's ears twitch. At least he's not the only one with issues with their powers.
    Sure, give me your arm.
    He'll provide stable support to get the girl to a table.

24. - Top - End - #414

"Thanks." Anchor accepts his help and makes her way to a table. "Sorry about that. I haven't been solid since before I can remember."

Once she's sitting there, she sets down the walking stick and looks up at her benefactor. There's probably more to him than a voice and an arm.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2013-05-10 at 05:41 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

Whoops. Forgot there's no decent description of Mist in this topic. Or probably anywhere.
    Anyway, Mist is currently in his natural form, meaning he's essentially an anthropomorphic fox. His voice reflects his age (18), and for a human his age, he's somewhat short, but not too much, and while thin isn't worryingly so. His coat is a coppery brown, and he's currently wearing a tan t-shirt and black pants, his shoeless state exposing his paw-like feet. He's also visibly discomforted at being looked at for a decent amount of time, if not obvious from his face his tail is swishing nervously.
    Not solid? Is that from you or the place you've been living? Oh, and I'm Mist, by the way.
    He manages to avoid the "and Mist is a guy's name" he usually adds. One subject of stress at a time.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Barbarian in the Playground

Just under a week after he'd asked Naku out, Aiden heads back to the Inn, now carrying a large shoulder bag with him. He heads for the bar without any hesitation.

27. - Top - End - #417

((Nope. I looked for one.))

"That's from a place I used to live. It stuck after I left. But thanks to a generous friend, I am able to be, like, almost normal again. As of just a couple minutes ago, so I'm way out of my depth with this corporeality thing. 'ppreciate the help."

Anchor is also in her natural form, meaning she's essentially a human. Her voice is kind of high, and while she's only a little bit short, and a little bit thin. Looks like she used to be starving, but is in better times. Yellow-tan skin, black hair, checkered black-and-white pants, sleeveless jacket.

She smiles a bit, amused by Mist's reaction. "Pleased to meet you. I'm Alkania, and you can call me 'Leah' or 'Anchor' since mine's a pretty weird name. Jealous, actually. Mist would be an awesome thing to be called."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

Leah it is then. And, uh, thanks.
    He scratches a bit at the back of his head.
    So, did you come here on purpose or were you just crossing places?
    The DFI isn't Trog's, but you still get the confused newcomer every once and a while.

29. - Top - End - #419

"Great. You're welcome. Mist is cool. Hope you live up to it."
    She drums her fingers slowly on the table, and then draws her hand back, shaking it like it's a little hurt. This prompts Leah to stop looking at Mist, a little embarrassed to be so clumsy.

"Oh, I'm in the right place. This is where I left from to see that friend of mine. The DFI has a lot of history for me. How bout what brings you here?"

"Oh, is something bothering you?"
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2013-05-10 at 06:37 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, I work here.
    And I'm okay, it's just that I wasn't born this way, so I'm not really used to walking around like this.

Maybe I should have specified by saying it's his current natural form.