New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2237383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1469
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 52

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Mystique Physique-Shawnee

"Okay... just sign this here, fill out this if you feel like it, and I'll go get ready. I'll have a potion for you to drink, foul tasting thing, which will put you to sleep and make you more susceptible to flesh magic for the duration. It makes my job easier! Or possible. I'll be right back."

The quelan quickly goes to get that potion, which should do what was described, and some other stuff. When she gets back, she will offer Shawnee the potion for whenever she's ready.
    [Mystique Physique-Shawnee]

When Shawnee has relaxed a little, she'll take the potion and lie down back onto the bed. Hopefully, this works properly.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Dwarf in the Playground

Freaktown-The Armory

That is to say, a room with a number of guns and a couple of piles of ammo.

Kilt is looking over the Freakshow's ill-gotten gains... most of which are pistols and ammo, without a lot of bigger guns. She isn't terribly happy with it... but really, it's only the beginning.

Is that a laser gun? Well... that's nice. Suppose there are good things to being pulled into the nexus, too.

Mystique Physique-Shawnee

When Shawnee awakes, her head should seem... clearer. Her thoughts, a bit sharper, a bit faster. Her memory, a bit easier to work with.

The slightly hyper quelan is here, reading a book in some non-normal language. She doesn't immediately notice that her patient has woken up.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mystique Physique - Shawnee]

"So I take it it went off without a hitch?" the girl asks, curious.

[Freaktown - The Armory]

"Heeeeeeey Kilt?" a familiar voice at the door behind her, "Can I talk to you?"

Change is peeking her head around the door frame to look at Kilt.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mystique Physique - Shawnee

The quelan looks at her. "As far as I can tell, yeah. If you notice anything odd in the nex couple of months, let us know. I have told Guill about your request, and I would like to set up an appointment for that before you go. I can't get you one for today, but there is an opening in two days..."

And the quelan will try to set up an appointment with handwavy details.

Freaktown - The Armory

"You sure can. What's on your mind?"
    Change asks a little distractedly. Man, she almost wishes she had two hands so she could use the laser pistol...

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Ogre in the Playground

Handwaving happens! The appointment is set up!

Presumably, Shawnee will arrive on time for it.

[Freaktown - the Armory]

"You're my anchor now," she says, "My last anchor died, so it had to switch, now you're my anchor and you're going to end up transforming a lot."

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Dwarf in the Playground

Not 30 seconds after Shawnee arrives, Guill steps out of the back room. It's at their assigned time down to the second. "I am ready for you. This way, please."

Freaktown - the Armory

What?

Kilt thinks about this. Anchor... died... so... what?

She turns around to look at change. "What? How's that supposed to work? And why would that make me transform a lot?"

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Ogre in the Playground

Shanwee nods simply, and will try to follow along behind Guill. "How long will the process take?"

[Freaktown - The Armory]

"It means you're the focus point of a spirit of change," Change says happily, "So change is much more likely to happen to you. I had to change it to someone else when my last anchor died, or I would have died too."

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Barbarian in the Playground

[H3]

As with the elf and her drow companion it isn't too hard to find a spot to set up the viking band. Heh. Band of vikings.

Seems there are puns everywhere here today!

On a somewhat unrelated note a rather shifty looking fellow with a quiver of arrows slung across his back is eying the knees of the vikings. Hopefully he doesn't try dredging up an awful internet meme that should have died already.

Thankfully it looks like that joke is going to be avoided as the archer skulks off elsewhere while a group of noisy children armed with too much sugary food come tromping past. Normally a bunch of children of any race are a handful, but these ones are very specifically a hoofful.

Three pony fillies with representatives of all three tribes. And one earthie colt. All hopped up on sugar, curiosity, and childish enthusiasm.

This will no doubt end in flames and tears.

The colt has wandered away from the rest of the group and seems distracted by the wagon load of vikings. "Wow! Your beards look cool!"

Because all vikings have beards.

The fillies dancing nearby with the rest of the Beetles fans, though the little pegasus breaks off to admire a certain half-fiend. "Ooooh... Your wings are so big!" she squeaks, giving her tiny limbs a buzzing flutter.

((The ponies weren't my fault! The NPC generator spit them all out at me! Four twenties in a row is inconceivable!))
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I don't know. I've never tried it before. I believe it to be possible, but it may take several days." The room she leads Shawnee to is different from last time... this time the room is decked out in magical runes. Magical runes everywhere. And there appears to be a funky set up with a oxygen mask, some kind of air canister, and a large amount of that potion, connected to some other containers, next to the bed.

Freaktown - The Armory

"Okay. It's a good thing you didn't die, then. You're one of our best assets."

After a moment, Kilt asks a question: "Hey... who was your last anchor, and do you know how they died? Are you going to want vengeance? Because some of the boys are pretty bored right now, and bored freaks break things. So, you know, might as well have them break something out of vengeance, right?"

(Kilt is bored, too, and as long as freaks are going to break things out of vengeance...)

H3

Adding to the hectic atmosphere is a pair of silvery people. One man, one woman, both in silvery crosses between lab coats and flight outfits... and waving silvery scanners at everything in sight.

Oy vey, the silvery pair is back again, always curious, always crazy, and always utterly incomprehensible. They almost immediately begin scanning some of the little ponies, having never seen little things like those before.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2013-06-24 at 03:08 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    [Atriol]

...oh. Then he probably ends up being squished up against the wall, kinda sorta sitting/leaning on MDM. xD

"Overrate? Nah, most of the citizens don't really care, since you haven't done anything affecting them yet. It's mostly a matter of curiosity." The elevator slows to a halt, and the door slides open. Yuki gives Mia a hopeful smile. "Um... I don't suppose you could tell your robot to exit the elevator? We've arrived."
    [Atriol]

There is no need to tell him. Right when yuki speaks he may got grabbed by MDM and draged by with the robot crawling out of the elevator. Mia will follow soon, quiet for now.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Titan in the Playground

[H3]

Somewhere in the crowd there's a family of goblins. Brinika couldn't resist going to the festival once she heard about it, so her parents had no choice but to accompany her there. The tiny goblin wanders around, staring wide-eyed at everything. Her parents are flanking her carefully and Caretaker the drone is floating behind vigilantly.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

12. - Top - End - #1392

[Hodgepodge Street - H3]

And thus a couple fillies and a bunch of various insect-based creatures get scanned by the SETs! The bug folks seem a little too absorbed in the performance by the Beetles to really notice. Though it is pretty hard not to spot a weird machine being waved around over your head.

The three fillies (and the grown mare playing techno music nearby) all radiate a fair degree of magic. The unicorn from the horn, the pegasus from the wings, and the earthie from the hooves. The magic of the children seems quite a bit more chaotic and uncontrolled than that of the adults.

"Umm... hi?" the little yellow coated, green maned unicorn filly ventures shyly. She's got an almost Easter theme to her coloration. Just needs some pink eggs somewhere.

Meanwhile!

Goblin family go!

They'll soon find themselves before a group of humans in rather colorful attire playing lively music that features flutes of various kinds fairly heavily. They seem to be really enjoying themselves, just as the crowd is enjoying the foot-tapping tune.

Nearby a well dressed orc with a push cart is selling cotton candy to a swarm of eager kids of a rainbow of races.

13. - Top - End - #1393

H3

Aiden, taking advantage of his day off of work, is visiting the music festival, hoping to find unique types of music that he'd never hear back home. He visits the insects covering an overrated band that should've stayed in the '60s and sighs a little, before heading around to see what else there is.

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Ogre in the Playground

H3

Sitting a little off to the side at his own little seat is a human-sized fox-kid, playing a slow tune on a flute. Not quite sure how with that muzzle of his, but we don't question that. Or how he seems to have a few instruments accompanying him despite none being visible. Mist Anders is surprised he hasn't lost his touch with the thing. He hopes no one from the DFI sees him here.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

15. - Top - End - #1395

H3

"Thank you. I worked hard on it."

The vikings park the stage, letting the band know its time to set up. The band starts getting out a drum set, a keyboard and other instruments. However, not all of these vikings have beards. After all, a beard on a lady tends to look a bit odd, at least for humans. With the stage set, the lights on the stage light up.

"Give it up, for Codin and the the Valkyries!"

Mil aka Codin steps out, black guitar in hand, icy blue cloak flexes in colors with the beat of music, with his two raven pokemon on his shoulders. Then the band starts out with Children of the Elder Gods

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Titan in the Playground

[H3]

Brinika is absolutely enthralled with... well, just about everything there. The music, the colours, the costumes... she really wishes she had eyes in the back of her head right now. For the moment, her attention is focused on the flute-playing human band. But with her attention span being what it is, it's going to change soon.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post

"I don't know. I've never tried it before. I believe it to be possible, but it may take several days." The room she leads Shawnee to is different from last time... this time the room is decked out in magical runes. Magical runes everywhere. And there appears to be a funky set up with a oxygen mask, some kind of air canister, and a large amount of that potion, connected to some other containers, next to the bed.

Freaktown - The Armory

"Okay. It's a good thing you didn't die, then. You're one of our best assets."

After a moment, Kilt asks a question: "Hey... who was your last anchor, and do you know how they died? Are you going to want vengeance? Because some of the boys are pretty bored right now, and bored freaks break things. So, you know, might as well have them break something out of vengeance, right?"

(Kilt is bored, too, and as long as freaks are going to break things out of vengeance...)

Shawnee blinks at the array of... things, "alright, I'm guessing you'll use the potion to set me to sleep again, and gas me to keep me that way while you work. I've got a week to kill, so that's really my time limit here."

[Freaktown - The Armory]

"Her name was Kate Kyland," Change says with a smile, "I don't need revenge, but it might give us something to do. I know where she used to live if you want to find her killer."

This... can't end well.

18. - Top - End - #1398

((Just to reiterate, feel free to link to music whether your PC is playing it or not. Part of the fun of this is to listen to some neat songs that you wouldn't hear otherwise.))

[Hodgepodge Street - H3]

There is a great deal to see and hear and eat! Events like these tend to bring out the best of Inside in terms of its art. The sheer degree of variety is staggering on a scale that's difficult to grasp in any applicable way. Music and food and random little trinkets from the whole cosmos over. A selection of culture that would be any sociologist's dream come true.

Even the company of the other people just perusing the festival could keep someone busy forever.

But off hand? There's that group of rakshasa over there playing some rather calming music. And if the mystical sound of the tune doesn't grab one's attention the meaty scent of curry-spiced cooking might.

Hmm...

Or maybe they're khajiit?

Hard to tell with those cat people sometimes.

Meanwhile!

The little blue and orange colt's eyes widen and his grin grows when the vikings begin to play! It isn't long at all before he's stomping along in tune with the music! Looks like this stuff is just his style.

A few other people stop to listen. That Victorian gentlemen looks quite intrigued. As does... uuh... That thing that looks like a cross between a tapir and a floating pink balloon? No idea what that creature is.

Also Meanwhile!

Another goblin child is curiously watching Brinika and her family from behind, armed with a large poof of cotton candy. His features are notably different, no doubt a goblin with ancestry hailing from another world completely.

Odd how that works. Humans are all more or less the same whilst goblins and orcs seem to vary widely.

Though these concerns aren't very high on the child's list of priorities right now. Mostly he's more interested in the sweets purchased for him recently by one of the orphanages caretakers, a friendly elderly elf woman.

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Dwarf in the Playground

H3

The SETs greet the filly enthusiastically... I assume, given that I can't understand a word they're saying. Nor can anyone else, unless they have a magic translator on them. They speak in some kind of odd space language, utterly indecipherable by mundane means.

They appear to be asking questions now, and are getting out these tablet things and taking notes.

"Indeed. It should be completed in that time. Whenever you are ready," She states and begins fiddling with some lens-like jewels.

Freaktown - The Armory

"Sounds good to me. I'm getting itchy, staying in this garage all day. Don't know how Drek managed it." She growls. "Might even get some nice weapons out of it. Who knows? It's got to be better than planning all day, every day." she exaggerates, of course. There are a lot of things she does... she still wants to take a break and go out and kill things, though.

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Ogre in the Playground

Shawnee nods, will take the potion, and drink it down, before laying on the bed. Time to see if this was going to work like she thought.

((godmode permission granted, obviously))

[Freaktown - The Armory]

Change will pull a piece of paper out of her pocket; written on it is an address for somewhere in the grey zone, across town, "Here you go! Let me know when you get back, 'kay?"

And, unless, stopped, she'll prance off to add gills to someone or something, like she normally does.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Dwarf in the Playground

When she awakes, she'll be in the recovery room again. She's alone this time.

She'll also feel odd... like her body isn't quite the same. Quite so rigid as it was.

She doesn't look any different... but she'll find that she can shapeshift if she wants to. It seems that the procedure was successful. She can completely alter herself down through the bone structure if she wants to.

Freaktown - The Armory

"Yep. Don't turn anyone into a newt while I'm out; I want to save tricks like that for punishment." Heh... really, befriending Change was the best thing that Kilt had done yet.

Befriended? Well... yeah. wouldn't call them buddy-buddy yet, but it wasn't like it was a professional relationship. Anyway, Kilt will holster the laser gun (with some luck, she would be able to test it today) and head out.

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Troll in the Playground

[H3]

Meanwhile, on another stage nearby, a human-looking young woman with red-and-black hair is setting up her act. Andy hums softly to herself, listening mostly to the Metal Vikings as she arranges things to start playing...

Bagpipes.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

23. - Top - End - #1403

Outside Trog's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacklu View Post

Gah!

The light is painful and blinding, but Ez'Bezel is still a well honed fighting machine. He drops and rolls back away from Zeke, causing the paladin's attack to miss. Ez'Bezel, meanwhile, springs to his feet with a good distance between himself and Zeke. He shields his eyes with his arm, but keeps his weapon up, ready to strike if his opponent presses his advantage.

I'm getting a bit bored. I hope you don't mind if we finish this with a good old fashion charge at each other?

He doesn't bother waiting for an answer, simply charging at Zeke, yelling at the top of his lungs, which is probably startlingly loud for someone the size of a human. He keeps his sword raised, as if ready to swing once he is in range. It is a bluff, however, as at the last moment (or should Zeke fire another one of those obnoxious bolts at him) the demon will drop into a slide, his feet aimed at Zeke's ankles.

Zeke braces himself for the demon's attack, readying his blade so that it'll be swinging at Ez'Bezel's neck the moment he's in range. But the Caspian battle-blade cuts through only air as Bezel drops into a slide. As soon as the priest can figure out what's going on, he's knocked off his feet and falling.

He hits the pavement with an "oof!" His sword is knocked from his hands by the impact, skittering off several feet even as Zeke rolls away. He's on his feet at once, his golden armour scuffed and a thin trickle of blood leaking from his nose. "Craven demon," he growls. He launches two holy bolts this time, one after the other. The brilliantly glowing swords of light soar at Ez'Bezel even as Zeke darts for his real sword.
    Last edited by Mr. Moon; 2013-06-24 at 07:01 PM.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

24. - Top - End - #1404

WolfInSheepsClothing

Outside Trog's

Ez'Bezel springs to his feet but doesn't have time to avoid the bolts. His demonic shield buckles under the bow from the first one, absorbing it and shattering yet again. The second bolt, however, hits Ez'bezel square in the chest, throwing him back across the street. He lays on the ground, his armor smoking, and groans painfully.

He sword clatters to a stop several feet from him.
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

25. - Top - End - #1405

H3

Although some might be horrified at the presence of bagpipes, Aiden listens to the woman rather intently, hoping that she has the skill to make this instrument sound good.

26. - Top - End - #1406

Outside Trog's

A smirk pulls at Zeke's lips as he stands straight, sword safely in hand. He wipes his fist under his nose, leaving a thin trail of blood on his forefinger.

Slowly and carefully, taking care to make sure this isn't a trap, Zeke approaches his fallen foe. He'll tread on Ez'Bezzel's fingers before putting a booted foot onto the demon's chest. "In the name of Morrow," he intones, drawing a dagger from his belt, "I slay thee." And then he leans down to slit Ez'Bezzel's throat.
    Last edited by Mr. Moon; 2013-06-24 at 07:19 PM.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

27. - Top - End - #1407

[Outside Trog's]

A dwarf pirate who happens to be on fire runs past the pair of combantants only to pause, spin in circles for a few moments flailing his arms, then continues racing down the street leaving a trail of smoke and burnt dwarf smell.

[Hodgepodge Street - H3]

Well. Now the poor unicorn filly just seems confused.

"I... umm..." she fidgets a bit at all the sudden attention. More or less how someone might expect a young child to react to becoming the center of attention from some adults she doesn't know.

"Hey!" her friend comes the the rescue! The earth filly is a bit larger and more heavily built that her friend with a cream colored coat and a mane the color of orange sherbert swirled with lemon. "Stop bugging Eostre! She's really shy!"

The little unicorn is hiding behind her mane and manages to squeak out something that sounds suspiciously like 'No I'm not...'

Meanwhile!

"HIYA!"

The human-looking bagpipe lady will suddenly find herself face to face with a pair of big bright curious eyes. There's yet another pegasus filly hovering right at head level with her, little orange wings beating furiously.

Geeze.

Someone dumped a whole herd of foals into the middle of the festival.

"What's that thing?" a hoof is pointed at the set of bag pipes. "Is that an instrument? What does it sound like? Is it hard to play? OOOH! Can I try it?"

Suddenly the little pegasus is sized from behind by an elf in modest modern attire! She wears a little name badge that marks her as an employee at one of Inside's orphanages. She also wears an apologetic smile. "I'm really sorry about the children. We have too many kids and too few staff and they're getting into all sorts of trouble when they think we aren't looking."

Laurali, if her name badge is to be believed, shoots a look the filly's way. The little pegasus continues beating her wings, rising higher into the air and forcing the poor frazzled woman to stand on her tip-toes. "Aaaaaaw! C'mon Laurali! Leggo!"

"I hope Tango wasn't bothering you," Laurali sighs.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2013-06-24 at 07:37 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1408

H3

After the first song finishes, Mil/Codin steps up to the mic again.

"So Inside, are you ready for more?"
    Last edited by ThePhantom; 2013-06-24 at 07:46 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Troll in the Playground

[H3]

"It wasn't really a bother." Andy smiles at the elf, even as she collects her bagpipes and settles into a chair, preparing to play. "And to answer the questions, they're bagpipes, they're an instrument, yes, they're hard to play good and that's why their sound is banned in thirty-six universes as a violation of the Geneva Conventions on Inhumane Conduct in Warfare."

Well.

Taking a deep breath, she starts to play, showing herself as somebody who's actually good at them!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

30. - Top - End - #1410

[Hodgepodge Street - H3]

That grin on the little orange filly's face?

It just got even bigger.

"Oh. My. GOSH! That is the coolest music I've ever heard ever!" Tango laughs, clearly enjoying the unique sound of the equally unique instrument.

Laurali has let of of Tango.

Why?

So she can cover her ears.

"Oh gods! That music is-" the elf catches herself. "Very... uuh... unusual?" she says as a rictus, forced smile tweaks at the corners of her mouth.

"Can I try it out after you're done playing? Please?" Tango pleads. Laurali would probably tell her no, but she's busy trying to escape the shrieking racket of the bagpipes.

Meanwhile!

The crowd of music enthusiasts who have gathered in front of the viking's stage gives a thunderous affirmative!

MORE!