New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: (PF) Hollow's Last Hope IC thread - party 1

Alica starts looking around. "I guess we should search the hut for anything useful. Come help me look. By the way that skull is magical, I am not sure how safe it is." The little halfling points at shrunken humanoid head on top of the shelf at the far end of the room. "There might be a book or some other piece of writing hinting at what we are looking for or maybe describing how to make it. Though it is supposed to be a pickled root, maybe we can find it in a jar or some other sort of container?."

The little girl brandishes her torch around to get a better view of things. Careful so as to not ignite any of the stuff they are looking through. She is very careful, but picks up objects to examine them better. She leaves the corpse and the skull alone at first though. After carefully looking through things she returns to the skull to try to figure out if it is valuable.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: take 20 for 26 (before aid's if any). Looking for some piece of writing or maybe something that might be the ingredient.

Appraise the skull, without touching it (1d20+1)[7]

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ettin in the Playground

GM post

Results to Alica's rolls are not posted for the following reason...

The light from Alica's torch casts long and ominous shadows on the cluttered walls of the hut. No sooner has Alica picked up the nearest object - a cloudy flask containing what appears to be a shrivelled toad floating in a briney solution - when the rusted cauldron in the middle of the room suddenly shudders to life with a great creaking of its clawed feet. The cauldron itself doesn't have any expression, but the various devils and fiends cavorting on its surface do seem to be leering at all of you...

Spoiler
    Show
    Party:
    Alica: (1d20+3)[12]
    Owen: (1d20+4)[9]
    Elena: (1d20+5)[8]
    Cerberus: (1d20+2)[8]
    War: (1d20+2)[11]
    Kiran: (1d20)[15]

C: (1d20)[15]

The hut is only 20 feet by 20 feet and the cauldron in right in the middle, so I am not making a Battle Map for this combat. Also, I note that Alica is holding a torch. If she drops it while it is still lit, I will roll to see if the hut catches fire.

Initiative order:
    15 - Kiran
    15 - Cauldron
    12 - Alica
    11 - War
    9 - Owen
    8 - Elena
    8 - Cerberus

Kiran

The young acolyte's eyes go wide at the sight of the cauldron moving ominously all by itself, and her free hand instinctively flies to the medallion of the Inheritor hanging around her neck. "Iomedae protect us all," she whispers in horror, before sufficiently recovering her wits to shout a warning to Alica and War.

"Look out!"

Kiran casts Bless. Whole party gets +1 to attack rolls and fear saves for the next 1 minute.

Cauldron

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+2)[8]
    Damage: (1d8+1)[4]

Its lid clanking loudly, the cauldron makes a spirited attempt to scoop up Alica but misses, the halfling being much too small to make easy pickings.

It is now Alica's turn.
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

3. - Top - End - #483
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Alica jumps back as the cauldron comes at her. Her skirt flies away from the moving object, letting the cauldron have a good view of what is underneath. "Hey! It's moving, but not fast enough. This is sign that there are at least someone living here and we are getting closer to our goal of finding a cure. Only a few more hurdles and we are there. We can do this if we try hard." She throws out a brave smile in face of the unnatural enemy. She draws her sword, too close for arrows to be effective.

Spoiler
    Show

HP: 11/11 AC: 18 Bardic Music used: 4/8 Level 1 spells used: 1/2
    Free Action: 5 foot step
    Standard Action: Inspire Courage (Competence bonus to attack rolls stack with the moral bonuses from bless)
    Move Action: Draw longsword.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    War - Rage: (7/9)
    HP: 13/14 (lose 2 hp when he stops raging)
    AC: 13 (+3 armor, +2 dex, -2 rage), touch 10, flat 11, CMD 18
    Free Action: Get Angry
    Move Action: Get up to Cauldron
    Standard Action: Attack Cauldron (Attack: 13 / Damage: 19)

Upon seeing the cauldron start to move and try to eat up the halfling, War quickly moves over next to it and tries to break it open with his blade in his usual manner of assaulting something: angrily.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #485
    Bugbear in the Playground

MonkGuy

Things to Remember
    Spoiler
    Show
    Owen, HP: 12, AC: 19
    Readied Action: Readied Heavy Crossbow

"Oh, shi-" Owen heard Alica and War engage with something creaking and rampaging and tried to take aim into the hut. However, his efforts were confounded and the guard couldn't draw a bead on whatever was engaging them.

"Draw it outside!" He shouted into the hut. "Don't face it on your own, dammit!" Owen turned to Kiran and Elena. "Whatever's in there, we stick together. Only when whatever it is gets too close, we scatter." His eyes met Kiran's. "Stay close to Elena. Worse comes to worse, you and the dog are her shield."
    I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever. It's been an honor sharing the field of battle with you.
    - Shane "Footsteps" Falco

I like my action the way I like my juice; Pulpy!

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ettin in the Playground

GM post

Alica casts Inspire Courage.

War

Despite War's sword dealing the cauldron a ringing blow to its side, the cauldron does not slow down one bit. It rotates, apparently in search of another victim.

Owen readies an action.

Initiative order:
    15 - Kiran
    15 - Cauldron
    12 - Alica
    11 - War
    9 - Owen
    > 8 - Elena
    8 - Cerberus

It is now Elena's turn.
    Avatar by the awesome Strawberries.

MINE:
    Spoiler
    Show
    RotRL: Burnt Offerings IC - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Skinsaw Murders IC I and II - COMPLETED
    RotRL: Hook Mountain Massacre IC and OOC

Seraphina "Red" Allin, fighter-rogue of double kukri slicey death

7. - Top - End - #487
    Troll in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Alica shouts out at Owen's confusion. "The cauldron is attacking us, come here to help!"

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground

Hearing Alica's shout, Elena wanted to go help, but a combination of her blindness, Owen's statement, and Cerberus's insistence kept her back. She holds on to Cerberus, though, afraid that if she lets go, she'll have a hard time finding him again. They wait outside for them to draw the...cauldron? out.

Spoiler
    Show
    Elena, 8/8 HP
    Action: Pass.

Cerberus, 12/12 HP
    Action: Pass.
    Last edited by aturtledoesbite; 2013-07-08 at 06:38 PM.