New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dead

1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Le Cheese OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Virdish View Post
    I was going to say for you that I could throw a stone of mental pinnacle for free pp but if you are somehow manifesting for free then more power points aren't really all that necessary. Not sure what buffs you have without digging through your list. I do have a couple StP powers that you might find useful. Other then that feel free to take a look. My character would be rather open about his abilities though even if he had actually told you every power he would always act like he knew more.

For later reference. How are you managing to pull of super extended powers? Oh and one thing you might find interesting about mental pinnacle is the powers it allows you access to while active. Only downfall is it shuts down spells. Not sure about sla's.

General note; you don't need to know a lick of psionics yourself to manifest from one of my soul crystals and you use my ML. The pp to manifest comes from a store I invest when I cast the crystals.

Edit; did a cursory glance and o e power I'm sure you'll get advantage from is Contingent energy resistance. Cast it and then the first type of energy your hit by you gain resistance to.
    My free manifestations and super-extended powers both rely on the same trick. The Temporal Reiteration power from Complete Psionics. It's a Nomad power, but I took Expanded Knowledge. It's a swift action power that, when manifested, does not count the round it was manifested in for the duration of any active effect. I also have 10 Metamind levels. So I can use Font of Power and then extend that duration (and every other duration) for as long as I can manifest the power each round. The only downsides are the drain on my action economy and the fact that it will also extend the duration of any negative effects on me. Luckily, I have a lot of immunities. This is also the reason my Psion ML is 24. I can UMD a Bead of Karma and then extend the duration. I still have PP-recharging tricks, mostly so I can keep my pool full just in case someone somehow manages to disable me for long enough (a minute) to run out the duration of Font of Power.

How much does would the Contingent Energy Resistance give me? I already have Energy Adaptation which gives me 30 against Fire, Cold, Acid, Electricity and Sonic.

Edit: I just noticed this is in "Ongoing Games" rather than the OOC board.
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2013-07-29 at 01:22 PM.
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Looking through for questions, didn't see anything, awesome.

Saw this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Frog Dragon View Post
    Crap.

Does it matter? (I have no clue)
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!
    Very busy with work

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Not that I know.

SO this will start within a week or so?
    "All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFireLance View Post
    Not that I know.

SO this will start within a week or so?
    Correctomundo
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Very busy with work

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frog Dragon View Post
    My free manifestations and super-extended powers both rely on the same trick. The Temporal Reiteration power from Complete Psionics. It's a Nomad power, but I took Expanded Knowledge. It's a swift action power that, when manifested, does not count the round it was manifested in for the duration of any active effect. I also have 10 Metamind levels. So I can use Font of Power and then extend that duration (and every other duration) for as long as I can manifest the power each round. The only downsides are the drain on my action economy and the fact that it will also extend the duration of any negative effects on me. Luckily, I have a lot of immunities. This is also the reason my Psion ML is 24. I can UMD a Bead of Karma and then extend the duration. I still have PP-recharging tricks, mostly so I can keep my pool full just in case someone somehow manages to disable me for long enough (a minute) to run out the duration of Font of Power.

How much does would the Contingent Energy Resistance give me? I already have Energy Adaptation which gives me 30 against Fire, Cold, Acid, Electricity and Sonic.

It's not enough to count. only 10

Extended Homebrew Signature

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Everyone asleep in their beds in the middle of an attack on the city.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

I have one question. How do caster level boosters interact with SLA:s and PLA:s? I use them for some of my buffs. With Divine Power, it would only mean a difference of 5 temp HP if my caster level boosts apply. With Force Screen, it would add a point of armor class.
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2013-07-31 at 08:46 AM.
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dead

working on this game, in he meantime, please go here
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

Very busy with work