New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Adventure in the City of Coin

"Well, this certainly explains why you handed us new weapons," Adrie suggests. "Thank you, by the way," she adds, though she doesn't expect her new staff to really get all that much work.

"Lady Betrys, it seems you have first choice," she defers, although she's already inspecting the newcomers to see who she might want on her own team. The Minotaur carrying the Bahamutian symbol was an interesting option, at least.

Adrie Everbright

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Yaruff

"I'll go wherever I'm needed, wherever the gods go, I shall go." The minotuar says.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

LUCEN VALA

Lucen watched the three deciding their teams; not fussed about who picks him. Amn, he thought to himself, that's one of the few places I haven't searched. This could work to my advantage.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground

Xardis of Thay

The genasi nods to Askus and addresses him. "I guess I'm sticking with you again, buddy," he says. "Let's see who else wants to join the front-line squad..."
    Awesome Alderis Kashtar avatar by Meltheim
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by redzimmer View Post
    Bluff or diplomacy, the penalty's the same. (1d20-1)[1]
    Wow. Just. Wow.
    And now see if a random rock on the ground with only a 3-sided dice can roll a better diplomacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    (1d3)[3] random rock

EDIT: We have a winner. The random rock

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #155
    Halfling in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by zingbobco000 View Post
    Flarnan

"I'll go wherever I'm needed, wherever the gods go, I shall go." The minotuar says.
    Pointing at the minotaur, Kye speaks.

"Yeah. Me too. I'll go where his gods need him."

6. - Top - End - #156

BlackDragon

From the back of the room, Lucen stood up and finally lowered his hood; revealing a slim, pointy-faced elf with long flowing silvery-white hair and ears sticking out between two curtains of hair. his bright amber eyes being more distinguished compared to his pale white skin.

"My name", he says in a deep, chilling tone, "is Lucen Vala. I have travelled far and my arrows very rarely miss their targets".

Lucen looks from Betrys to Lady Everbright, and finally to Askus before continuing. Whichever picks me will certainly have a loyal ally.

He then bows to all three before sitting back down; folding his arms once more and piercing Walden with an empty look.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Asteron Questar View Post
    "And lastly, Betrys. Your group will assist Lady Leliana. Lady Leliana is quite intuitive, she will be able to provide information about our enemies. Any piece of information will be crucial for the upcoming battle, and I need someone flexible who can exploit that in the middle of battle. You will pick three more to accompany you. The rest will be split among Lady Everbright and Askus. Pick those who are most adaptable."
    He pauses once again, trying to figure out if he missed something.
    "I will be happy to share what little information I have, but I am in a hurry, so please ask quickly."
    So my own group will be doing espionage and information gathering, for the front lines? Betrys turns her head. Is this correct, lady Leliana?

The dryad steps into the center of the room, turning, taking in the whole. The genasi with his proud bearing. The minotaurs, separated from each other by space in the room, each keeping to the group they knew; separated from the rest by their massive stature. The humans, whatever woodland fae Lucen was, the kobold, the gnome... Quite a group. And missing, too, a fox, the samurai-ko, the speaker with his instruments and gay manner.

A lot of turnover.

Lucen, your talents would be better on the field. I've nothing to help a man who relies on a bow. And we would need to be both able to move in society, and the wild. I know you want to accompany me, but could you do that, Captain? Shorty? Betrys spins again, widdershins to find the two in a ringing of mail like falling rain. She projects curiosity like a cool wind. If you want safety, perhaps ms. Everbright could be your shining guide? She is as trustworthy as I, and would benefit more from your talents, I think?

Lady? Do I have our job's description right?

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

"Glad to 'ave yoo back, Xardi, anyone else still teamless? I could use a few more men, I'll take anyone 'slong as they can use a weapon, haha!"
    Askus laughs, looking around at the assembled group
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

Kyton: NoS (M&M3e) IC
    Argent: The B-Team IC

Former Characters

Butterball avatar by Rayne

9. - Top - End - #159

BlackDragon

Lucen once again bows to Betrys, then looks between Askus and Lady Everbright; wondering who will pick him.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Yaruff

"I am still teamless."

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zingbobco000 View Post
    Yaruff

"I am still teamless."
    Kurtz

"You and me both."

12. - Top - End - #162

"Aye, Betrys, if 'at be what ya needin' meh for, I can help ye." He nodded to the dryad.
    Many thanks to OhMyGodImOnFire for the wonderful drawing of my avatar.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Banned

Betrys bites her lower lip in thought, still occupying the center of the room with ease.

Alright. Then, Captain Iron, I will take you with me after all. And if we are to get information on each side, I'll need someone versed in magic, so that would be you, Xardis. And Shorty, I suppose you don't want to let Captain out of your sight?

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Adrie nods. "Well, Askus, while I'm sure a war party with two minotaurs leading it would make a fearsome sight on the battlefield, I think I'd like to have the servant of Bahamut on my team, if that's all right with you. And it looks like the Kobold wishes to come along? What are your skills, scaly one?"

She waits for an answer from Kye but otherwise allows Askus to make a choice or two for his party.

Adrie Everbright

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ha! Take whoever you need, I'll go with whooever is left, they all seem strong enough, 'specially with me on the team"
    Askus bursts out laughing again and waits for the others to finalise their teams
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

Kyton: NoS (M&M3e) IC
    Argent: The B-Team IC

Former Characters

Butterball avatar by Rayne

16. - Top - End - #166
    Bugbear in the Playground

Xardis of Thay

"Alright," the genasi says. "I'll accompany you, Lady Betrys." Then he taps Askus' back. "Good luck."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Xardis' trained skills:
    · Arcana
    · Athletics
    · Endurance
    · Intimidate
    Awesome Alderis Kashtar avatar by Meltheim
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Bluff or diplomacy, the penalty's the same. (1d20-1)[1]
    Wow. Just. Wow.
    And now see if a random rock on the ground with only a 3-sided dice can roll a better diplomacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    (1d3)[3] random rock

EDIT: We have a winner. The random rock

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Thumbs up Re: Adventure in the City of Coin

Quote Originally Posted by LtPowers View Post
    Adrie nods. "Well, Askus, while I'm sure a war party with two minotaurs leading it would make a fearsome sight on the battlefield, I think I'd like to have the servant of Bahamut on my team, if that's all right with you. And it looks like the Kobold wishes to come along? What are your skills, scaly one?"

She waits for an answer from Kye but otherwise allows Askus to make a choice or two for his party.

Adrie Everbright
    "Good, fellow kin, I am glad to join your party but where do your skills..." His voice fades away as he looks behind the other minotuars and sees a net. He thinks to himself Hmmm, I've never seen a someone with training in a net, I wonder how good he is. His voice then continues from where it left off "It is good to have one of your skills, Bahuamut shall guide us through the battles that we may face."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yaruff's trained skills are: Endurance, Insight, Intimadate, and Religon

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

"True enough," replies the Joybringer to Askus. "Assuming the young Kobold will be joining us, then, I think I will take the ascetic Elf over there in the corner, and leave the rest for your group."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll take Yaruff, Kye, and (assuming Madras is still around) Elessar.

Adrie Everbright
    Last edited by LtPowers; 2013-10-01 at 09:18 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by LtPowers View Post

Adrie Everbright
    "Aye. Well. I suppose you could say I'm good with my hands. And getting around. And daggers.

Mostly plumber type stuff."

Spoiler
    Show
    Kye's trained skills are Acrobatics, Bluff, Thievery, Diplomacy, and Stealth.
    Last edited by is_Wayside; 2013-10-02 at 12:41 AM.