New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] NO XV: All In One Package

"Oh, hello sir!"
    Aherea approaches him.
    "I was referred here by a goblin I met in a tavern. Perhaps you know him. Dark skin, a bit ominous looking? I believe his name was Niptwig."
    There is no such thing as a bad plan. Only brilliant plans that go horribly wrong.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Titan in the Playground

[Riverside Office]

The clerk flinches a little when Aherea misspells the boss's name.

"Er... yes sir. Dipsnig Razortooth. He's the leader of the union. I'm going to need your name and contact information before I can issue you a license."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Dipsnig waves his hand.
    "Not really. I prefer to judge potential candidates based on their actions. You said you were a warrior. Do you have any ideas how you could prove yourself?"
    Trucido nods and smiles a tad, his metal fangs visible as he politely nods. Well, yes. Usually the best way to prove ones self as a warrior would be... well, to fight. Perhaps you or one of your operatives have seen me in battle before, with one called Kubo. There for a few public battles...

4. - Top - End - #574
    Pixie in the Playground

[Riverside Office]

"My full name? Certainly. Aherea Crowtalon, at your service. And you can contact me... with... well, I suppose a simple Sending would do the trick better than anything."
    He pauses,
    "And I'm fairly certain he said his name was 'Niptwig'. I have quite a good memory, you know."
    Last edited by 4here4; 2013-12-10 at 05:20 PM.
    There is no such thing as a bad plan. Only brilliant plans that go horribly wrong.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Trucido shrugs and gently touches his precious lightsabers. He would have to prove his worth, which was good. It was professional, and he had expected some sort of trial. He begins to speak. Oh. My sincerest apologies. He seemed to be a servant or butler of some type... Proving myself? Good. I figured as much. Do you require a resume of some sort?
    "I'm not a servant. And I don't look like one or do all warrior look like butler in your world?" Fade replies still without any specail sound in his voice. So he might be angry or not.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #576
    Titan in the Playground

Trucido nods and smiles a tad, his metal fangs visible as he politely nods. Well, yes. Usually the best way to prove ones self as a warrior would be... well, to fight. Perhaps you or one of your operatives have seen me in battle before, with one called Kubo. There for a few public battles...
    "No, I can't say I've seen you fight before," Dipsnig says. "Tell you what. Let's make it straightforward. Do you know of the Hunting Grounds? If you go there and bring me back a trophy from a formidable beast, it'll be proof enough for me."

Quote Originally Posted by 4here4 View Post
    [Riverside Office]

"My full name? Certainly. Aherea Crowtalon, at your service. And you can contact me... with... well, I suppose a simple Sending would do the trick better than anything."
    He pauses,
    "And I'm fairly certain he said his name was 'Niptwig'. I have quite a good memory, you know."
    "Er, no sir. His name is Dipsnig Razortooth. It's even on the NO seal," the clerk says, writing Aherea's data into the archive. "Do you have any sort of permanent or semi-permanent residence?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ogre in the Playground

"No, I can't say I've seen you fight before," Dipsnig says. "Tell you what. Let's make it straightforward. Do you know of the Hunting Grounds? If you go there and bring me back a trophy from a formidable beast, it'll be proof enough for me."
    Trucido nods a tad and smiles. Slicing some beast to shreds with his powerful lightsabers sounds incredibly easy. But, it was what this man required of him. After all, he was in need of money. In order to get Skye the new laboratory equipment he'd have to work hard.

Of course. I will be paying a visit there and shall bring you back what you wish. I will see you in a few hours, most likely. With that, the Sith walks out.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Pixie in the Playground

He shuffles his feet,
    "Well, yes, but Crowtalon Manor is back on Thraan, my homeworld."
    He mutters under his breath,
    "I'm pretty sure it's Niptwig..."

9. - Top - End - #579
    Titan in the Playground

Trucido nods a tad and smiles. Slicing some beast to shreds with his powerful lightsabers sounds incredibly easy. But, it was what this man required of him. After all, he was in need of money. In order to get Skye the new laboratory equipment he'd have to work hard.

Of course. I will be paying a visit there and shall bring you back what you wish. I will see you in a few hours, most likely. With that, the Sith walks out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "I'm not a servant. And I don't look like one or do all warrior look like butler in your world?" Fade replies still without any specail sound in his voice. So he might be angry or not.
    Once Trucidio leaves, Dipsnig shakes his head and looks at Fade.

"He needs to work on his attitude. But we should fix that soon enough. Calling people servants won't get him far."

He shuffles his feet,
    "Well, yes, but Crowtalon Manor is back on Thraan, my homeworld."
    He mutters under his breath,
    "I'm pretty sure it's Niptwig..."
    "I'll put you down as 'no permanent residence', then," the clerk says. "We'd appreciate it if you informed us if you do acquire one. That would be all for now." He then hands Aherea a small card made of thick paper, on which there's his name and NO's official seal. "Here is your license."
    Last edited by Morty; 2013-12-10 at 05:55 PM.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Pixie in the Playground

Aherea blinks.
    "That's it?"

11. - Top - End - #581
    Titan in the Playground

[Riverside Office]

"Yes," the clerk says with a nod. "Acquiring our license is easy. Now you need to make sure to pay the union a percentage of our profits and obey the rules. Are you aware of what they are, sir?"

12. - Top - End - #582
    Pixie in the Playground

[Riverside Office]

"Erm... Not especially, no..."
    Last edited by 4here4; 2013-12-10 at 06:05 PM.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Titan in the Playground

[Riverside Office]

"Apart from the duty to pay us a percentage of what you earn, the other rules are:" the clerk begins to read from a booklet in front of him.

"License-holders are forbidden from turning against their employers while under a valid contract, dealing with an organization known as AMEN and dealing with any who own or trade slaves. Furthermore, they are expected to do their best to fulfil the jobs they have been contracted to do and otherwise conduct themselves in a professional manner."

14. - Top - End - #584

Once Trucidio leaves, Dipsnig shakes his head and looks at Fade.

"He needs to work on his attitude. But we should fix that soon enough. Calling people servants won't get him far."

"I'll put you down as 'no permanent residence', then," the clerk says. "We'd appreciate it if you informed us if you do acquire one. That would be all for now." He then hands Aherea a small card made of thick paper, on which there's his name and NO's official seal. "Here is your license."

Dipsings Office

If I would be online, I could have dealt with the licence thing, but I was away.

"Attitude isn't the only thing he leaks." Fade says after the strange man is gone and out of hearing range.

"I know his weapon, I saw it before. Take it away and he is useless."

15. - Top - End - #585
    Pixie in the Playground

[Riverside Office]

"Hmm..."
    Aherea crosses his arms,
    "What is this 'AMEN' and what's so bad about them, if I may ask? They sound like a group of clerics or something."
    Last edited by 4here4; 2013-12-11 at 03:50 PM.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsings Office

If I would be online, I could have dealt with the licence thing, but I was away.

"Attitude isn't the only thing he leaks." Fade says after the strange man is gone and out of hearing range.

"I know his weapon, I saw it before. Take it away and he is useless."
    "We'll see," Dipsnig says. "If he's as good as he says, he should manage to kill a monster in the Hunting Grounds."

[Riverside Office]

"Hmm..."
    Aherea crosses his arms,
    "What is this 'AMEN' and what's so bad about them, if I may ask? They sound like a group of clerics or something."
    "AMEN is a terrorist organization. They have recently attacked this very city, and I understand that they'd attacked the Neutralist Organization in the past as well, murdering one of its members," the clerk explains.

17. - Top - End - #587

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Kirk's Office]

"So you're saying it could be just about anywhere. Even if we knew it was in Inside somewhere, that wouldn't be enough information to go on." Kirk shakes his head a bit. "I assume you had a way you were planning to get us there, though?"
    I'm planning on renting a jeep.
    Xenna thinks for a bit
    Say, you wouldn't happen to have access to tracking devices? We could drop one in the Slave pens, and then we'll know exactly where the slave pens are.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

18. - Top - End - #588
    Pixie in the Playground

[Riverside Office]

"Hmph. Terrorists. I hold no truck with terrorists. Too messy." Aherea thinks for a moment, "And this percentage you mentioned, I assume it is a... reasonable amount?"
    Last edited by 4here4; 2013-12-11 at 04:24 PM.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Titan in the Playground

[Riverside Office]

"Entirely reasonable, especially given the benefits you will have access to," the clerk says. "Are you already acquainted with them?"

((The economy of the Nexus is mostly handwaved, for obvious reasons. ))

20. - Top - End - #590
    Pixie in the Playground

"Oh yes, I was told by the goblin I'm most certainly convinced is named Niptwig."
    Aherea bows regally, and perhaps a bit akwardly,
    "Well, it seems everything is in order. I must take my leave. Good day."

((Yeah, I imagine it would be tricky to convert gp to rupees to quatloos and back again. ))

21. - Top - End - #591
    Titan in the Playground

[Riverside Office]

"Goodbye and good luck," the clerk says as Aherea leaves.

22. - Top - End - #592

"We'll see," Dipsnig says. "If he's as good as he says, he should manage to kill a monster in the Hunting Grounds."

Dipsings Office

Fade just looks at the door befor sepaing up again.

"I doubt he will fail. But I already know he will make trouble."

How sure can Fade be with that? He isn't a fortune teller or does he just mean this guy will get trouble with him?

23. - Top - End - #593
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsings Office

Fade just looks at the door befor sepaing up again.

"I doubt he will fail. But I already know he will make trouble."

How sure can Fade be with that? He isn't a fortune teller or does he just mean this guy will get trouble with him?
    "Try being less presumptuous, then," Dipsnig says dryly. "He doesn't look more likely to cause trouble than half of the guns and swords for hire I meet all the time."

[Wherever Rilla Is]

Rilla will get a message from Dipsnig, asking to go and see him. He's at the Beast Pens right now.
    Last edited by Morty; 2013-12-12 at 12:49 PM.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Beast Pens]

Rilla will arrive in the Beast Pens shortly after receiving her message. She's still covered in soot from her latest engineering setback, with the area around her sparkling blue eyes untouched by it - clearly, she was wearing goggles at the time. The end of her labcoat looks like it's actually been withering like a dead plant.

"You wanted to see me?" She sounds happy. All in all, she is happy.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Titan in the Playground

[The Beast Pens]

Dipsnig exits the wolf part of the beast pen, quite... well, shirtless. He picks up his shirt just as Rilla enters. He's not particularly surprised when he sees that his girlfriend is covered in soot. It tends to happen often.

"Oh, hey, dear. I didn't expect you to come so quickly. There was a bit of an emergency with one of the pups' mate. Yeah, I wanted to talk to you about something."

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beast Pens]

Rilla looks on appreciatively,"You know I'm always looking to see you. Do you need any help with the wolves?" Rilla is mostly offering as a courtesy. She's much better with concrete things than animals.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Titan in the Playground

[Beast Pens]

Dipsnig opts for throwing his shirt over his shoulder instead. He may or may not have planned Rilla to walk in on him like that. It's hard to tell.

"No, Roxie and I have things well in hand. What I wanted to ask you is, with Thanksmas fast approaching, if you'd like to go out for a day sometime soon. Enjoy the holiday spirit with just the two of us."

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beast Pens]

"Thanksmas?" Rilla asks, "I suppose that's what you call Wintersday around here then? Gift giving, snowball fights, that sort of thing?"

29. - Top - End - #599
    Titan in the Playground

[Beast Pens]

"Yes, it's more or less a mishmash of winter festivals from a lot of worlds," Dipsnig says with a nod. "So what do you think?"
    Last edited by Morty; 2013-12-12 at 04:59 PM.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beast Pens]

"I'd love to, of course. You don't have to ask to take me out somewhere, you know." Rilla says with a smile, moving closer to him