New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,496 of 1496
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Zodiac Campaign (IC)

"We are all civilized people here, there is no need for aggression. Let's go meet a drug lord, then." Daciana's voice weaves around the minds of the thugs. Surely none of them would want her or her allies to come to harm as she lightly chats along the way.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Thanks to the Witch spells' stealthy nature, Daciana casts Charm Person I and II (Will DC 24 and 25, respectively) until all of the thugs are charmed.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2014-02-27 at 02:08 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Firbolg in the Playground

Mamoud

Mamoud allows his eye lights to dissipate. He had wanted to shrink them all to the size of children, but sadly diplomacy reigned this day.
    Plot Hooks. Campaigns and Encounters - an aid for DMs in a hurry. A resource for all to enjoy! (Now archived)

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Titan in the Playground

Daciana attempts to charm the thugs as they walk, her stealthy nature hides her efforts, but she can tell that her spells are not working. Thugs of this nature should not be able to resist her spells, so they are obviously warded in some way.
    The thugs lead the group through one of the smaller gates into Terkaton, and through the city. It soon becomes obvious where they are going, Mamoud has travelled this path, and sure enough as Daciana guessed, they arrive at the palatial estate of Koblan Darizon. The thugs converse quickly with the guard outside.

Any other actions, before we proceed?
    #GoreMutualarejerks

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Troll in the Playground

Eurus

"Bah! Whatever, let's go," he motioned the others with his hand. "Hey you! You got food at your boss' place?"

5. - Top - End - #1475

Mamoud

Taking a risk that these thugs are not disguised upper planes creatures, Mamoud walks beside Eleth and whispers to her in Celestial.

Spoiler: So sayeth Mamoud, verily
    Show
    "I pray this shall be a benign visit. Whatever title they call themselves, all sultans are the same; he will want to display how powerful he is before telling us whatever he wills us to do."

In a rare instance of brevity, the wizard gets straight to the point:

"I was not taxed in the battle with Cancer. These spells remain at your disposal. I and Shabaz defer to you tactically if it comes to violence."

Spoiler: Spells Mammy still has
    Show
    0 (6)-Read Magic, Daze, Dancing Lights, Mending,
    1 -Shield, Summon Monster I, Benign Transposition
    2 -Summon Monster II, Invisibility, Protection From Arrows
    3 -Blink, Fireball,, Deep Slumber
    4 -Stoneskin, Repel Vermin, Freedom of Movement
    5 -Wall of Force, Break Enchantment
    Plot Hooks. Campaigns and Encounters - an aid for DMs in a hurry. A resource for all to enjoy! (Now archived)

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler: Celestial to Mammy
    Show
    Eleth nods, and softly repeats in Celestial: "Get ready with wall of force, followed up by stoneskin for yourself. The former will help with my own powers of the same to separate any forces they may have. Summon spells take awhile to cast, so version one is pointless. However, if absolutely necessary, use the second to create multiple creatures to confuse and flank. Don't summon until after invisibility, and preferably after you use other magics to help yourself before you bring out the fireball, break enchantment, or even the oft-overlooked daze."
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2014-02-28 at 01:21 AM.
    18MAY2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Towns of the Inner Sea (2013, Bauer, Bonner, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: 03-07 JUN 2024.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Ogre in the Playground

Vanarath, astride Akkathal, easily hears the exchange. He thinks for a moment, then says,
    Spoiler: Celestial
    Show
    "Mamoud, try to see if Araon and Ridai can end this peacefully. Eleth'Sarat, don't spoil for a fight so. The mortals alone look capable. Our guiding influence and presence should keep things diplomatic."
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Titan in the Playground

After a bit more conversation between the guards, the party is lead inside of Koblan's villa. Whatever the group expected, it was probably not this. The living room is filled with comfortable chairs and sofas spread about the room. The artwork and interior design is elegant yet tasteful, speaking of wealth and class without excess. There is no sign of armed guards or an armed camp, the whole place seems completely at peace.
    Even Koblan is not what the group expected. Hes no sadistic monster (at least in appearance). He too projects an image of class and refinement, if just a bit cold. A cultured man, hes hard to think of as a ruthless drug lord, which is what his reputation is. Perhaps the victim of negative publicity.

Welcome to my abode. I trust my accomplices were gentle with you? They sometimes take their assignments too seriously and to extremes. Can I get you some refreshments, wine, any sort of beverages, or food?
    #GoreMutualarejerks

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Titan in the Playground

An appearance projected to make others let their guard down is Daciana's current verdict.

"No, thank you." the amazon answers with a smile. "I believe you want to discuss something with us?"

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Titan in the Playground

Direct and to the point. I can appreciate that. Then let me be direct as well. I ship a large quantity of goods to the party capital of the world, Kroy Most of the party knows Kroy to be the gambling capital of Daystor, almost a D&D version of Las Vegas. My past 3 shipments have not made it to their target, in fact 2 of them were decimated completely. The last group did have one survivor, and he told of an attack by dire lions and even a manticore. These beasts represent not only a danger to me, but also to any sort of commercial shipping. I would like you to investigate this situation, and see if you can put this situation right.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Titan in the Playground

"Ah, contract work. Well, in that case the terms would be receiving appropiate compensation for our services, given we are talking about a threat serious enough to disrupt a major trade route, as well as this being a one-time arrangement. No questions beyond the location of these attacks. After killing the threat and receiving our payment, you and us part ways, clean and easy as that. This includes any of your underlings, direct or indirect. Do we have a deal?"

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Titan in the Playground

I would have thought that heros such as yourselves would take this sort of mission on as being in the public good. However, I am willing to discuss appropriate compensation. What would your request be?
    #GoreMutualarejerks

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Titan in the Playground

"Am I correct in assuming you have some degree of influence in Terkaton?"

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Titan in the Playground

A ghost of a smile passes across his face. It depends what you mean by influence. The voice of a respected businessman should always carry at least some sort of weight, when we are all working towards the betterment of our empire.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Titan in the Playground

"And betterment is what I have in mind. Surely, easing the repression of the faithful of the good deities would do little harm to Terkaton. Perhaps it would be a generous gesture of them, even. A few more rights, a bit more actual protection from the guard, a few donations, being allowed to move out of the slums, that sort of thing. Since we are going to open up this trade lifeline once more, it would be easy to see that those repressed faithful could do much to improve Terkaton and make those interested in the cause of good more content. Play your cards right and you barely would need to expend any currency to fulfill your side of the agreement, I imagine." Daciana gives a serene smile, appealing not to the man's good nature. Rather, she goes right for that little bit that little part that would delight in such subversion.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2014-03-02 at 05:40 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Titan in the Playground

Another small smile ghosts across Koblan's face.

I agree with your terms. Do you speak alone for your group?
    #GoreMutualarejerks

17. - Top - End - #1487

Mamoud

As he is bored with secular discussions, Mamoud looks around to see if the druglord has any glaringly obvious magical curios.

Spoiler
    Show
    spellcraft

(1d20+21)[37]

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Troll in the Playground

Eurus

"Yeah, what she said!" Eurus cut in. "'Cept I'm not really into that charity work. But I don't really care much for monetary compensation or anything. A night's stay at one of the lavish inns at Kroy would do me good enough. Free food and drinks, that's all. Yeah?" he ribbed Mamoud.

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Bugbear in the Playground

Araon

"As for myself," says the paladin, "I am just a soldier of faith, one of the swords of Klintina Bindar. Our companion here," he refers to Daciana, "spoke in the name of our own faiths. I'm not sure if she spoke for us all, but she did for me, or Klintina worshippers at least."
    Awesome Alderis Kashtar avatar by Meltheim
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by redzimmer View Post
    Bluff or diplomacy, the penalty's the same. (1d20-1)[1]
    Wow. Just. Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by redzimmer View Post
    And now see if a random rock on the ground with only a 3-sided dice can roll a better diplomacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    (1d3)[3] random rock

EDIT: We have a winner. The random rock

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Titan in the Playground

Bankrolling a stay in Kroy is acceptable...but I wont cover any gambling losses. Thats on your purse.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

21. - Top - End - #1491
    Colossus in the Playground

"It seems I am on the tree's limb once again; and once again for Leo I shall offer little aid to a mortal but to directly confront as before, with hope that we shall find some item to aid," remarks Eleth'Sarat.

"Do not worry, Daciana," she adds, "you do not cast spells to constructs or undead. Except for the weaker magics dealing specifically with humanoids, your magics will be incredibly useful as long as everyone else can protect you."
    18MAY2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Towns of the Inner Sea (2013, Bauer, Bonner, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: 03-07 JUN 2024.

22. - Top - End - #1492
    Titan in the Playground

Well, if we are all agreed then, I shall spend what influence I have in the government of Terkaton to make things better for the good religions in the city, and will arrange for each of you to have a 3 day stay in one of Kroy's finer establishments. The Bellagio is a fine one, in fact, I believe it has recently taken on an alliance of sorts with representatives of Daciana's goddess.

He offers his hand to shake on it.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

23. - Top - End - #1493
    Ogre in the Playground

"She speaks for us," says Vanarath. "She shakes for us."
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

24. - Top - End - #1494
    Titan in the Playground

Daciana shakes his hand. "Do you have representatives in Kroy that can get the news to you quickly?"

25. - Top - End - #1495
    Titan in the Playground

Koblan shakes Daciana's hand, sealing the deal in his eyes.

I will contact one of my people in Kroy who will make the reservation. When you arrive in Kroy, go to the Bellagio with any of the manifest sheets you will find on the wagons, that will be the sign that you have concluded your end of the deal, the Bellagio concierge will have been informed to be aware of your arrival.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

26. - Top - End - #1496
    Titan in the Playground

And with that deal, we move on to thread #2
    URL thread
    #GoreMutualarejerks