New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Eh, well, fair enough. Just figured because they're based on Skaven and ratfolk. Still, point applies even if the example doesn't hold...

Besides, I'm not giving up the Heartwaste. Guilder isn't allowed to attack me anymore. I'm just planning for later.
    Guilder isnt, but I can. But there will be consequences.
    Last edited by WaylanderX; 2014-03-07 at 02:38 PM.
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

Eh, well, fair enough. Just figured because they're based on Skaven and ratfolk. Still, point applies even if the example doesn't hold...

Besides, I'm not giving up the Heartwaste. Guilder isn't allowed to attack me anymore. I'm just planning for later.
    Ah! Well, clarity there. Good to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Rules are rules because they have exceptions.

(I just prefer to have close to 0 exceptions to any rule. Makes things more consistent. Which is good, because as a person I'm not so much.)

It has been huge since a while. The map was also included in the Round 7 opening post (spoilered for its size, of course), just never updated to this thread.
    I know it was, but it still strikes me as being more and more massive each time.

Quote Originally Posted by WaylanderX View Post
    Guilder isnt, but I can. And I will, if you don't change your action. I got 2 units reserved to take the Heartwaste. You have been warned. And to counter your little sneaky tricks, I rolled a 9. So choose.....
    This is actually true... Kasumor specifically decided against signing the treaty. The details of who did will be out soon.

As for the regions, 41, 42, 53 and 54 are all up for colonization. (43 is up for conquest. As are 51 and 52.) Some of the others are as well, but are already in their second round and thus could only be colonized through military means instead, which is not possible without an army.
    Let the world know I am colonizing 53 and 54. I will not take guff, I will not make a treaty to do otherwise. I. WILL have a colony, gul'dangit!
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WaylanderX View Post
    Guilder isnt, but I can. And I will, if you don't change your action. I got 2 units reserved to take the Heartwaste. You have been warned. And to counter your little sneaky tricks, I rolled a 9. So chose.....
    Come on in. I welcome seeing how you explain that next turn when the people who did that, if they survived, are formally exiled and all responsibility for it cast directly on their heads.

They knew what they were getting into when they were sent out, and I'm not stupid enough to do this without having some kind of plausible deniability - sure, OOC, it was fully intentional, but after your complaints about metagaming earlier, that's hardly relevant to you, of all people, is it?

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

Come on in. I welcome seeing how you explain that next turn when the people who did that, if they survived, are formally exiled and all responsibility for it cast directly on their heads.

They knew what they were getting into when they were sent out, and I'm not stupid enough to do this without having some kind of plausible deniability - sure, OOC, it was fully intentional, but after your complaints about metagaming earlier, that's hardly relevant to you, of all people, is it?
    Y'all are bickering in public about private matters... could one or the other of ya explain what's going on?

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

5. - Top - End - #275

Hey C'nor, Eyrecradia is willing to led you any military aid.
    Just so you know.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

sure, OOC, it was fully intentional, but after your complaints about metagaming earlier, that's hardly relevant to you, of all people, is it?
    Don't start baiting, or bring back up drama that's already been resolved by the parties involved.

In other news, I wonder if the lizardfolk of Alydaxis or Scla'ca will contact Lorick's United Lacertian Dominion (region 45) before the Union of the Northwest does for diplomatic ties.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam, there's a secret action, then my bribes to the goblins. But the teams who are doing both of those are, next round, going to be declared traitors and formally exiled; basically, I'm burning them to keep from having to deal with reprisals.

Ark, good to know~ It'd be appreciated if Kasumor does invade, yeah.

Don't start baiting, or bring back up drama that's already been resolved by the parties involved.
    Sorry, ought to have toned down the snark a bit, yeah. Just a bit tired of Waylander trying to push me around to get me to join the GC or move.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Hey C'nor, Eyrecradia is willing to led you any military aid.
    Just so you know.
    *COUGHCOUGHCOUGH*

Wow. There's some big war happening up North. When did that happen?

Huh. Seems familiar.

Almost remember some underground people supposed to be involved with it.... My mind must be playing tricks on me.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

9. - Top - End - #279

Also, mind clearing your inbox?

And Morph, would it be possible for two players to co-operate a nation?
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry, ought to have toned down the snark a bit, yeah. Just a bit tired of Waylander trying to push me around to get me to join the GC or move.
    Try and keep OOC and IC separate, especially when concerned with IC disagreements. (OOC arguments should be worked out nonetheless so that negativity does not linger.) If Waylander did that multiple times OOC, that's a different thing, but keep in mind that a player is not the same as their nation. What a player does IC is removed from OOC.

Now if Kasumor did a lot of IC badgering, IC response can be warranted in a form you deem appropriate. However, from what I've seen it has not openly done anything bad towards the Heartwaste. Please keep metagaming out of this.

Sometimes the IC/OOC separation appears to be hard to distinguish for most players, I have come to see. I think it's wise to assume that in most cases where it's not stated otherwise in which you talk directly about in-game matters, whether through PM or in an alliance thread, it's IC. If players want to make this even clearer, you could sign correspondence through PM with a name, like either your ruler's name or another character's, or your own in case of OOC stuff.

Sometimes it's clear, but often it seems not to be, so I figured I'd clear this for everyone.

In what manner do you mean?
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-03-07 at 01:44 PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground

Sam, there's a secret action, then my bribes to the goblins. But the teams who are doing both of those are, next round, going to be declared traitors and formally exiled; basically, I'm burning them to keep from having to deal with reprisals.

Ark, good to know~ It'd be appreciated if Kasumor does invade, yeah.

Ah, gotcha. Not sure what bribing the goblins will do, but it's certainly very interesting! Thanks for the clarity.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Wow. There's some big war happening up North. When did that happen?

Huh. Seems familiar.
    I can't articulate how glad I am to be a spectator. At this point, I think I'd rather resign from the game than take part in a war. Soooo many moving pieces, so much misunderstanding, etc.
    Avatar by the wonderful and talented Ceika!
    Playing:

Past Faves: The Blackwood | Raaneka | Cachimba

My DeviantArt.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Speaking of war, I was just looking at Quinton's numbers. How the heck does Loki Ethmorl have a winning tactic? Or is he using someone else's winning tactic? Can you do that?

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, the idea is to steal their plans and make them desert. Plus, the two synergize...

Try and keep OOC and IC separate, especially when concerned with IC disagreements. (OOC arguments should be worked out nonetheless so that negativity does not linger.) If Waylander did that multiple times OOC, that's a different thing, but keep in mind that a player is not the same as their nation, and what they do IC is removed from OOC.

Sometimes the IC/OOC separation appears to be hard to distinguish for most players, I have come to see. I think it's wise to assume that in most cases where it's not stated otherwise in which you talk directly about in-game matters, whether through PM or in an alliance thread, it's IC. If players want to make this even clearer, you could sign correspondence through PM with a name, like either your ruler's name or another character's, or your own in case of OOC stuff.

Sometimes it's clear, but often it seems not to be, so I figured I'd clear this for everyone.
    It's hard to say, honestly. It feels like he, OOC, is being pushy, but it's using IC means, so... Neh. Hard to tell what's his country pushing an agenda and what's him trying to pressure me.

I ended up settling on the former due to the means (non-IC PMs discussing our nations relations, threats here), but I admit I perhaps shouldn't have.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2014-03-07 at 01:48 PM.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I can't articulate how glad I am to be a spectator. At this point, I think I'd rather resign from the game than take part in a war. Soooo many moving pieces, so much misunderstanding, etc.
    Yeahhhhh... I'm gonna start working on more colonization going forward, cause it's much more easy. Not quite as interesting, but it's worth it.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

16. - Top - End - #286

I was thinking of players controlling tribes allied in a coalition
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Let the world know I am colonizing 53 and 54. I will not take guff, I will not make a treaty to do otherwise. I. WILL have a colony, gul'dangit!
    Not that I would get in the way, but I do have the smallest amount of land on the board right now. Can't seem to get a colony either....

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Not that I would get in the way, but I do have the smallest amount of land on the board right now. Can't seem to get a colony either....
    I would describe Raaneka as "totally unconcerned" with expansion.
    Playing:

My DeviantArt.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ettin in the Playground

I know that feel, bro. My recommendation is to explore where people aren't going, and work there.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

So uh... Morph...

I did the thing.
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zabbarot View Post
    So uh... Morph...

I did the thing.
    Erm... what thing?

EDIT: That is a huge thing that will be thinged. PM coming to you Zab.
    Last edited by SamBurke; 2014-03-07 at 02:22 PM.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, mind clearing your inbox?

I asked Morph a very similar question concerning a particular Diarchy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

Erm... what thing?
    Well it ended up not being a luck dragon.
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Orc in the Playground

You're colonizing of land around me makes me uncomfortable. I demand tribute to sate me!

Also, I'm happy muttering desperately about my religion instead of fighting a war. Also, my citizen is romancing someone else's citizen, and that's always fun.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Well it ended up not being a luck dragon.
    <Sorely disappointed.

F'realsies, though... What *is* the Luck 10 action you're taking?
    Last edited by Zap Dynamic; 2014-03-07 at 02:29 PM.
    Playing:

My DeviantArt.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ettin in the Playground

<Sorely disappointed.

I think he just became the Blazing Avatar.

Maybe.

Also, considering how close Bloodfang got to getting ganked by Assassins, I've decided to add an addendum to his Assassination post. Should be up in an hour.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

<Sorely disappointed.

It's luck. Who knows?
    Last edited by zabbarot; 2014-03-07 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Speculation is more fun.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HisHolyAngel View Post
    You're colonizing of land around me makes me uncomfortable. I demand tribute to sate me!

Also, I'm happy muttering desperately about my religion instead of fighting a war. Also, my citizen is romancing someone else's citizen, and that's always fun.
    Spoiler: NO.
    Show

It's luck. Who knows?
    Who knows indeed! Which reminds me... This is the last turn of Tumberink the Doge, so, next turn, he will host the Final Visitation! This will be a diplomatic event, with lots of trading, (fitting for Tumberink, eh?), so if anyone has outstanding trades, alliances, or the like, go ahead and attend. I know of several nations that Guilder would like to speak with, and I'll try to send out PMs with specific invitations to y'all.

I recommend attending, because I do promise it will be memorable.
    Last edited by SamBurke; 2014-03-07 at 02:41 PM.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Who knows indeed! Which reminds me... This is the last turn of Tumberink the Doge, so, next turn, he will host the Final Visitation! This will be a diplomatic event, with lots of trading, (fitting for Tumberink, eh?), so if anyone has outstanding trades, alliances, or the like, go ahead and attend. I know of several nations that Guilder would like to speak with, and I'll try to send out PMs with specific invitations to y'all.

I recommend attending, because I do promise it will be memorable.
    Rain Dragon's been planning an event next round too.
    Playing:

My DeviantArt.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

Rain Dragon's been planning an event next round too.
    OH. Dang. Well, I could push back the Doge's death for two rounds... Hm... Yeah, I may want to do that.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII