New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 29 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Shadows of the Past IC 7

Chapter V

New Beginnings

A man flies through the air and is greeted by the craggy wall of a cavern. As the man falls several feet on the ground, he immediately gets up and fires three arrows into the beasts.

Damn it! This was a bad idea...

Several hundred feet from the man, another, clad in armor faces off against a group of dragonkin warriors of varying sizes. Many soldiers and beasts alike lie bloodswept on the cavern floor. The man at the front is badly hurt, as blood spews from every crack on his armor, but his resolve is unwavering.

"I must say, Castell! Unghhh.... Not a bad day for a hunt, eh?" The man manages to laugh as he is hurt by one of the creature's weapons. Then, the ground begins to thunder as something is coming from within the cavern.

Something big.

It's him. Gotta think fast.

Castell runs towards his fellow warrior.

"My liege! This was a terrible idea on my behalf. We must flee now. I was told the creature slept. We have been deceived! Let's go now when we have the chance!"

Castell's sovereign smiles as he readies his sword and shield.

"Even better! Taking down a dragon asleep is just unfair, don't you think?"

The man runs towards the thundering darkness beyond the cavern as several more dragonkin surround Castell.

Damn that priest! As soon as I get back to Halmathan....

A painful grunt is heard from the darkness as two enormous catlike eyes emerge from the darkness beyond.

My, oh my. A king? Time has sure changed since last I walked these lands. You are his errand boy, yes? You will not get back to Halmathan. Take him.

A large ogre sized dragonkin holds Castell in a grapple as three nimbler ones jump on the warrior, bringing him to his knees.

Castell looks at the beast's eyes with pure vengeance.

"If you hurt Airdan. I swear by the gods themselves, lizard. Nothing will save you from my wrath!"

One of the creatures sticks a blade into Castell's kidney and his vision gets blurry and dark. The cat eyes recede into the cave.

I would worry more about yourself, errand boy...the king is mine.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Shadows of the Past IC 7

As the valley is left behind and the city of Justcrown appear before them Lysa smile, glad she didn't made a fiasco and teleported them all into an erupting volcano.

"Last stop: Justcrown", she announces the party and raise a few feet from the ground and stretches her arms at the sun, "I never thought I would miss the sun sooo much!".

"I better make sure Archadious write some more of these scrolls for future use", she thinks alone.

She keep raising till she can see the Fey Woods and she smile, "Maybe I can challenge Gigglemug again ... Oh!", she slap her head, "I tottally forgot to say goodbye to him when I left ... Well he'll have to accept that I guess", she thinks out loud then she look at the party, "Well, that will have to wait, we got some more urgent matter in our hands, right Alex?", she ask the paladin with her mocking smile.

Being away from that spoiled brat worked miracles in the small fey mood.
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

@Lysa: Although the air is getting colder with the approaching winter, it is good to be able to fly up and take the sun's rays in full after spending what seemed like an eternity in Palindurias' valley.

Off in the distance, the lush Fey Woods. A lot of friends are there and with them, hopefully, answers.

@The party: Rosalind knocks on the door as this one opens and Father Wilhelm greets all of you with a smile as he rests his body on a walking stick.

"Rosalind! And everyone else! By Pelor, you have been gone for how long? Come in, please! You must be tired. I'd like to know how your training went, Rosalind. Did you learn much in the open road? And where's Archaidous? And...oh no. Alex... your arms. Please come inside."

Once inside, a few acolytes pull chairs for all of you in the courtyard as Wilhelm serves all of you tea.

"So, the monkey is Archaidous... let me try and fix that. Spells of that nature can usually be solved with a simple abjuration."

wilhelm places his old hand on the monkey's head and shuts his eyes as he holds on to his holy symbol.

However, mid chant, Wilhelm coughs loudly as he takes a seat back, the spell having no effect on the monkey mage.

"I am sorry, all of you. The spellcaster who did this must be someone with a lot more experience than I. As for your arms, Alex... maybe we can ask Mother Kalypsia to fix them."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

As Wilhelm begins to cast the dispel, Archadious eagerly looks up, his face full of anticipation. But when the spell inevitably fails thanks to Isiflis's high caster level, Archadious's smile turns into a glum look.

He screeches a few times, nodding his head to the priest in an acknowledgement for his attempt, then dashes off in the direction of the Cuthbertine Church.
    Once inside, he looks for Mother Kalypsia, after making sure of course, that one of his companions was following him to explain the situation.
    "Now you'll see some real magic!"

Raikou Stormborn Thunder Incarnate and his elemental familiar Cyrus

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

@Archaidous + any common speaking PC: Screeching in frustration, you jump up and down on the courtyard and sprint down Temple district towards the Cuthbertine Temple, dodging the many pedestrians along the way and taking to the trees and rooftops when necessary.

You then land on your companion's shoulder as you look at the Cuthbertine Fortress.

The gate is closed, but you can see a pair of guards outside doing what they do best.

One of them looks at you, before looking at his guard mate.

"Say... that's a rat or something? Never seen one of those around here."

"Meh...maybe some wizard pet or something."

6. - Top - End - #6

Archadious stops in front of the gate, clearly annoyed. He knows that he could probably climb over it and make his way into the Temple, but that would leave him without any means of letting Kalypsia know who he was.

He screeches in frustration, then looks up at his companion besides him and gestures to the gate, as if trying to get him/her to tell the guards that they needed to pass.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Alex had been silent for a long time now, his thoughts still back with Loretta and Charlotte in the valley that when Father Wilhelm tells him that he would have to ask Mother Kalypsia for help with his arms he only looks up if barely. I told you Rosalind coming with me would be a bad idea, and not good for her safety. I was not wrong either as she was kidnapped by, Alex stops and looks around getting ready to cast a spell to stop anyone from overhearing them when he looks down at his arms, clear annoyance is seen on his face. Stupid little brat. Alex randomly says as he looks at his dangling arms and then to the monkey. Alright lets go as I need to see her as well, boy wont this just make her day. Alex grumbles leaving with Archadious.

As they arrive at the gates to the temple Alex looks up to the two guards on duty talking. This monkey on a good day could make you two think your dating each other. I would rather not make him angrier then he is, mind letting us in to see Mother Kalypsia, and I mean all the doors as I can't open any.
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2014-03-07 at 10:02 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Once back in justcrown Irraly looks to the crowded streets and then to her lover. Warum gehen wir nicht in den Wald Aradia, so dass Sie Zeit haben, allein von allen in Ordnung? The drow maiden says softly in draconic to the white haired beauty on her arms as she looks to the distant woods. She had given up on her family long ago even if she knew who they were and where they were. Her love never even knew her family.

Anzaril dear we are back, in the human city outside the woods. Myself and Aradia may be heading their soon if you could let the others know to give her some space for a while please? And I promise when everything has calmed down to come share a dance with you.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

@Irraly: You speak in the tongue of dragons to Aradia, hoping she will find some comfort in them and then communicate with Anzaril, whose voice rings loud and clear through the mental link.

Irraly? By the gods! You're alive! I have been trying to speak to you for days! Something was blocking my voice through your mind. Arrallae was here a few hours ago and told me you and the others were in grave danger. Then, she shut her eyes and suffered a tremendous strain. She should be in Swan's Rest now, but enough about that. Come back to the woods, darling! We have much to catch up on! I can sense you've even grown stronger. I cannot imagine what you have been doing so long away from the Fey Woods.

@Alex: Rosalind lowers her head in shame.

Wilhelm places his hand on the young pelorite's shoulder.

"If any ought to be blamed, it should be me, Alex. I wanted Rosalind to have a taste of an adventurer's life. To grow stronger... to replace me when my time was up. I take full responsibility for this. Rosalind, I urge you now to stay in Justcrown. You will be mentored by me in the more classic duties of priestdom."

Rosalind gets up and bows to everyone.

"Again, I am very sorry. I promise. When you next see me, I will be a lot stronger. I will not be an...inconvenience. Please excuse me."

You then ask Archaidous to climb on your shoulder and head for the Cuthbertine Temple, dragging your blade on the cobblestone streets barely, with your withered hand.

The guards look at you as one rubs his chin and raises his eyebrow.

"That's the inquisitor, Alexander Anderson, right?"

"Was an Inquisitor... but we cannot deny him an audioence with High Inquisitor Kalypsia. Follow us."

The guards open every single door for you as you walk in, your face stren and cold as Archaidous tries to contain his screeches as you ascend the stone steps into the fortress proper.

"Mother Kalypsia...you have a guest... err guests."

The guard opens the door to Mathilda's former office and there you see High Inquisitor Kalypsia, seated behind the mahogany desk with stacks of papers and a stamp.

The black haired zenythri looks up and stands as she raises an eyebrow.

"Alexander Anderson... and here I thought Justcrown was enjoying a time of peace and quiet. I see you found yourself a pet. Monkeys are not native to these lands. Perhaps you acquired one during your extended absence? Is he neutered and properly cleaned? Do you have papers to show ownership? I cannot imagine any other reason for you to be here, after all..."

Kalypsia then looks at your arms.

"Oh... a Wither Limb spell. Not the most common of spells to face. If you need assistance with your affliction, the church of the cudgel has many cap[able brothers and sisters who will asist you...for a donation, of course. Now, unless there's anything else, I have laws to oversee."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

We are all alive, for the most part. Archadious is a monkey at the moment, and Alex, well he lost his hands. Aradia is going threw some things though she needs to sort out. Irraly responds threw their link. As for stronger, not as much as the others, I could not even hold my own in a battle. I was only holding them back. Irraly says with a heavy sigh threw the link. Even Aradia had done better then her. For all her training in the underdark, and studying of the ways of the arcane she still could not hold her own in a battle without others helping her.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing Irraly and Aradia making palns to go to the woods and seeing Alex and Archadious leaving to the temple of St. Cuthbert, Lysa think for a while who should she join: she wnat to got o the woods and play again with the western coven, but she also find it hilarious necessary for someone to stay with the two defenseless friends in case anything happen.

So, after a short indecision, Lysa fly invisible with mr. no hands and mr. monkey.
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

12. - Top - End - #12

Somewhat tired of being a small monkey, and eager to be a full elf once more, Archadious wastes no time in attempting to explain to Kalypsia who he really is.
    Suddenly, he jumps onto the desk, grabs a blank piece of paper and a pen, and angrily writes several sentences.

Spoiler: written message
    Show
    Assuming a monkey can use a pen and assuming Archadious still has the knowledge on how to write.

I am Archadious. Was targeted by a baleful polymorph. I require your assistance in removing this effect, and before you mention a "donation", I believe you owe me for taking care of S'btoam.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Before leaving with Alex and Archadious, Lysa get back and whisper to Rosalind and Wilhelm.

"I'm sorry for what Alex said, dont worry. You were not a burden and we all loved to travel with you... The problem is he isn't in a great mood after what happened there. Don't let it bring you down, ok? ", she then place an invisible kiss in Rosalind's cheek before flying to reach Alex and Archadious she lose track of them.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

We both know I am no teacher of the priestly ways Father Wilhelm. We all know very well what I am, it is for that reason Rosalind was doomed to fail going with me. Personal matters and my job do not go hand and hand. Alex says looking at Rosalind and stopping himself before he says more. However when Rosalind says next time she wont be an inconvenience Alex turns to look at her. Good luck not looking good, because that is the only inconvenient thing I had to deal with. Was that dam rotten child who caused me the headace and this. Alex says not to happily as he throws his arms up in the air.

Boys who wants to argue smantics right now when you have someone standing right here that if not for his hands being destroyed at this moment could probally ring your necks? Does it look like I am in the mood today for you two to decide on what to call me? Alex says tapping his foot impatiently before the two guards decide to let him in.

As Alex enters the room that once belonged to Mother Matilda Alex still gets annoyed seeing the new one sitting behind the desk. I am sorry I do not think I have been drunk enough to make you scream in pleasure yet. Perhaps next time dear. As for the little person on my shoulders hold on. You tell me if he is neutered. Alex says as he tries to grab Archadious and shove him in her face. All I need is you to fix this and turn the monkey back into a person again, then we both can have a pleasent time of not seeing each other. After all I am sure you have tons of work from the free city dealing with new ways to force people to do rediclous stuff, and well I have just important things to do that I rather not discuse with you. If you care to check my belongings though I will remind you that mother Matilda never made me do so and the only person that ever did ended up on the recieving end of my fist. Then their was the other one that had to deal with Kara, but thats another story. Now are you going to take the money or not?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

@Irraly: Anzaril listens to your words, heavy with discomfort.

Come now, my love. You are the strongest woman I have ever met! None can match you when it comes to the blade! So you went on a quest and it didn't turn out so well.... look at it this way- you're alive, right? And you have learned from it, right? Don't frown, my dancer in the dark. Come back to the Font of Life. I'll see if I can fix Alex's hands. And if I cannot, there are many here who can, you know that. As for Archaidous being a monkey...hehehheee. Wasn;t he afraid of them?

@Lysa: It would be nice to fly back to the Fey Woods and see Steiner's son again, not to mention Gigglemug.

Besides, there is that promise Arrallae made you should you return and keep them safe.

And you certainly have.

But for now, it would be best to follow the monkey and the bladeless knight- invisible, of course.

@Alex: Rosalind blushes as Wilhelm sips his tea.

"I knew it would be difficult, Alex. One thing I have learned and you know very well too: Adventuring is a dangerous business. Not only for the body and mind. But for the soul as well. I do not know what transpired during your months away, but I can only hope it brought closure to whatever demons you had inside."

Once in Kalypsia's office, you say what's on your mind to the highest exemplar of Law in Justcrown.

Kalypsia's purple skin turns red as she attempts to contain her anger.

"Alexander Anderson! Do not forget who you are addressing! I am High Inquisitor Kalypsia! Representative of the Law in the Dutchy of Justcrown! And I will not be spoken like a...oof!"

Before the zenythri can finish her sentence, Archaidous flies, mohawk and all, staright into the inquisitor's face as horror fills her eyes.

"Get this thing off me!"

Kalypsia wrestles the primate off her face nad puts him on the desk as she looks at him and then at you.

"This ought to give you at the very least a few years in the dungeon, Alexander Anderson. And you know what? I believe it is about time that you were..."

@Archaidous: You land expertly on the desk and grab Kalypsia's quill with your bushy tail and place it on your prehensile hands.

Immediately, you scribble a note and hand it to her.

Kalypsia reads the note once, twice, before looking at the monkey and putting the notes in her drawer.

@Alex: Kalypsia carries the monkey and puts him on the ground.

"I hope you have a cape, cloak, bedroll, anything? I can change him, but I do not want a nude elf in my office."

@Archaidous: Kalypsia looks at you as her eyes go green and she clutches the cudhel symbol on her chest.

Immediately, a green ghostly Lord Cinderbolt comes into view, carrying a large mace and looks down at you as he taps thaps your mohawk slightly.

The pain is tremendous as your fur begins to shed and a black aura flies out the window, before dissipating against the sun.

Within secoinds, the mohawk is gone. The tail has receded into your back and, lying on the ground, bare as the day you were born, you can see your hands- those of an elf.

Kalypsia turns around as she gestures to Alex.

"It is done. Archaidous is now back to normal. I will ask he is escorted out- clothed. I do not want him breaking the laws for public nudity. As for your arms... the church of the cudgel can help you, but unlike the elf, it will not be free."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Only unburied old wounds I left behind years ago. Its like throwing a stone at a pond. The ripples you made once before will eventually catch up in one form or another. Rosalind was lucky, I left many good people behind, all of which I shall make sure rest before my time on Oreath is complete. Alex says with a deep anger in his voice, though it is not directed at anyone, it is clear something transpired in the valley that Rosalind was not aware of.

Gods thankfully that shut you up, you were even starting to sound like him too. I swear they feed you the rule book for breakfast lunch and dinner. The only sane one of your order is dead, the biggest mistake your church ever made was letting Matilda die. She was worth one hundred of you gnats with no minds of your own. Alex says as the inquisitor brings up memories of another mentor that had tried the same speech with him once at his daughters funeral.

You were saying Inquisitor? Or should I go get Silas to understand the next few words your about to say. Want to make sure someone with a bit of intelligence can translate for me. Alex says as he notices Archadious writing on a piece of paper and ignores him having no doubt he was saying he was not a monkey and to stop calling him one. And here I thought I was going to need to pull out a dictionary. See you can be nice. Alex says as he pulls out a winter blanket and looks at the monkey. Soil this blanket and I will make a rug out of you. Alex adds before wrapping it around the monkey while piling the wizards robes off to the side so once he was humanoid again he could dress himself.

With the task complete Alex looks to his hands and then to the high inquisitor. I'm not cheap asking for HAND outs. I came seeking for you to fix my hands, but if you are to weak to do so, I know someone much more powerful that will be able to. Just unlike you they do not need the money to resupply. So are you going to fix them and be rid of me, or shall I go pester Silas for a bit and tell him how you wont fix my hands and I will never be able to show his students the trick I was going to.

17. - Top - End - #17

As his monkey hands turn back into elven hands, and his tail disappears, Archadious smiles.

Outstanding!

It is then that he looks down and realizes that he is suffering from an apparent lack of clothing. Quickly he casts an invisibility spell and disappears from view.
    Then, he grabs his clothing and dons it before turning visible once more and turning to Kalypsia and bowing in respect.

Alex, thank you for accompanying me, but in the future in the unlikely event that am ever turned into a monkey again, I ask that you refrain from tossing me into anyone's face.

Then he turns to speak to the inquisitor.

Madam Inquisitor, my apologies for disturbing you at such a time. Normally I would have requested Alex's assistance, but as you can see he is unable to cast such spell at the current moment. And you were one of the few other people who I thought might have a chance at undoing the effect.
    Thank you.
    As for Alex...

The elf is interrupted by the continuation of Alex's angry rant, and the wizard can't help but close his eyes and mentally face palms himself as the knight continues to insult the high inquisitor.
    Archadious turns to him and attempts to calm him down, or at the very least convince him to walk away without causing any further conflict.

Alex, I know you are not too fond of the Inquisitor and the position, and I know you have had a difficult day. We all have. But please don't take your anger out on other people.
    Perhaps it may be better if we leave now. Now that I have my spell casting ability back, I can teleport us to the Font.
    Last edited by Niwrad; 2014-03-08 at 12:06 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

@Alex: Kalypsia looks at you as Archaidous finishes writing the note.

The High Inquisitor looks at you and then at your withered arms.

"If you are even thinking about comparing me to one of your mentors, particularly him, I would advise you to stoip right there, Alexander Anderson. You are not an inquisitor anymore. It is amazing that St. Cuthbert would still grant you such powers, if any are still left in you. How odd it is that after you left, everything here was tranquyil. You stroll right in, dangling rotten arms and a monkey and start spouting orders...to me? Give me one good reason I should not have you sent to jail right now for disrespectful attitide towards a servant of the Law."

Once Archaidous is back to his true elf form, Kalypsia watches you help him up and cover him in a blanket.

"Nice pun, Alexander. The church of the Cudgel has very promising members. Some truthfully dedicated to the Law. Your donation will go to making this city safer. If you believe someone else here in Justcrown can lift your curse, by all means. Now, only because Archaidous has...assisted the duchy in the past, I will pretend none of your babbling ever occured. Incientally, it would be wise for you and the elf to leave. I am a busy Inquisitor and have many more rules to oversee. There's the door. Dismissed."

19. - Top - End - #19

In that case, I think it's best we take our leave Alex.
    Again, thank you Mother Kalypsia and sorry for bothering you.

Archadious says, turning back.
    He begins to walk to the door to the office. But just before he reaches it, he turns around just to see if Alex was leaving.
    Last edited by Niwrad; 2014-03-08 at 12:12 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

I'll show you mine if you show me yours. Alex says as his blue eyes glow with magic that no illusion can hide from as he looks at the inquisitor proving a point. It seems some people realize the law is meant to better people not make their backs heavy with so many laws they do not even understand half of the ones being made. As for one good reason to not lock me up, I'm crippled and placed some of your criminals in their. Tell me if I got my arms back how many of them would be left alive? And if you left my arms in the condition they are in and sent me in their what would people start saying about you? So you see, slippery cliff you stand on there no? Alex says amused at the entire situation. She needed his money, and he needed her help, no matter how much they hated each other it was that simple.

I only donate when a job is complete, and those friends I know are not bound by your laws. Only the laws of being a kind noble person. Alex says to the inquisitor as he looks to Archadious. What you have to Hand it to her. She sure knows how to manhandle people. Alex says getting a few laughs at her expense. Ok sure I will have your entire church open the doors for me to exit and when they ask why I am leaving the same way I came I will just have to tell them you refused service. Have a nice day. Archadious can you just tap that door right their please, I am sure the guards on the outside will get the hint.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

@Archaidous: Kalypsia bows slightly at you.

"I hope you fare well, Archaidous. And I hope you can reign in those under your care...for their sake."

@Alex: Kalypsia looks at you just when Archaidous was about to escort you out.

"You did serve late Mother mathilda in apprehending many lawless, Alexander. I will not take that credit from you. Sad a day it is, when she has to watch from above how her pupil is steadily leaning towards those he used to apprehend. sad day indeed. And as for the donation- it is for the city, not the church, as you'd love to believe. Thankfully, the church of the Cudgel and the Duchy has funds to improve the well being of its citizens. If you do not believe none here can assist you, then leave. You are wasting my time. and a fair warning: I hear one more word from you in this room right now, and so help me, Alexander Anderson: hands dangling or not, I will have manacles around them and you will not see the light of day until the next Autumn Festival!"

22. - Top - End - #22

Archadious raises his eyebrows at the continuation of Alex's tirade towards Kalypsia. Then when Alex tells him that it is time to leave, the elf needs no further invitation, and quickly opens the door, ushering Alex out of the Church and away from the Inquisitor.

As they head back towards their friends in the Pelorite chapel, Archadious asks Alex.

I don't understand. Other than her extremely lawful nature, Mother Kalysia has done nothing wrong, to you, or any of us. She may not be the friendliest member of the clergy, but she is far from evil.
    Why did you feel the need to berate and insult her as you did?

I understand that you may be in a rather poor attitude due to the events that transpired today. But why did you take your anger out specifically on her?

He asks, wondering what caused Alex would have to react so poorly to the inquisitor.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

As the two leave Alex is about to come back with a snotty reply when the door shuts on him. Magic, blessing and a curse I say. Alex mumbles as he follows Archadious out, waving his mangled and withered hands to all those he passes on his way out of the temple.

On the way back to the church of Pelor Alex's mood was starting to slightly get better when Archadious asks him why he acted the way he did. Let me explain one thing to you about that church. They will be the first to smile at you while your looking, and the first to sneak a dagger into your back. She may not be like the others, however she may as well be. Hope you do not have to learn what I did or you to will share my view on their order as a whole. All their eggs are cracked. Only a few are left untainted by the laws that govern them. Laws created by man, not gods. Alex adds in as they get to the church of Pelor. As for why her, she reminds me of my mentor, an excellent example of an Inquisitor if ever I saw one.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

@Archaidous: This could end bad. really bad.

You tap on the door as one of the guards opens it for you and you shove Alex out as you make a quick bow to Kalypsia, who sits back on her desk and sighs.

Oh, Mathilda... quite the handful you left for me here... now let's see this.

Kalypsia, with both of you away, opens the drawer and reads the note you left for her as a monkey.

Tearing the paper into tiny pieces, she then tossess them to the fireplace.

And that's the end of that chapter.

Walking towards the Pelorite Chapel, you can see Alex is mad. Not only because his arms are still as rotten as those he was fighting up until recently, but there is something else.

So much anger. Why, though? Only time and a loose tongue will tell.

Wilhelm greets both of you and smiles at seeing you back to your normal self again. Then, he frowns when Alex is still crippled.

"Her spell did not work? I am sorry, alex. Perhaps Silas or Xander? They might have a better chance."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

She didn't have the time for me Father, you know how their order is. The entire lot is a bunch of bad eggs besides a few rare ones like Mother Matilda. Don't worry though, I am sure SHE can fix them when next I see her, till then I will have to make due is all. Alex says to father Wilhelm as he looks around. Rosalind is not around listening is she?

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

@Alex: Wilhelm invites you to take a seat.

"Rosalind is in her room. She said she had a lot of reading to do. Meditation and clarity of mind, she said. She will not tell me what transpired during her travels with you, and I am not one to pressure her."

On the matter of Cuthbertines, Wilhelm chuckles.

"How right you are, boy! I mean, true, some are cracked. Others are have a shell made of adamantine, but now and then a good one pops up. You trained under one, may she rest in Arcadia now beside St. Cuthbert. As for 'she', I assume you refer to the lady? If anyone could do it, I have no doubt it would be her, alex. Unless you have to stay in Justcrown, why not go see her? I am certain she will greet you with open arms."

27. - Top - End - #27

Greetings Father Wilhelm.

Archadious says, bowing to the priest upon seeing him.

Unsuccessful as your earlier spell might have been, I greatly appreciate the attempt.
    I don't know how much of our experience we ought to share with you, but at the very least I feel that I ought to tell you about the individual who was responsible for my simian condition.

I believe you are already somewhat familiar with him. A powerful lich and a devoted servant of Nerull. Yes, Isiflis.

He lets the name sink in before continuing.

I ended up in a caster duel with him and... lost. It was thanks to Aradia who stepped in and saw to his defeat, albeit temporary. But before he was vanquished, he threatened to come here and harm you.
    I don't know how serious his threat was or it was just heat of the moment boasting, but I feel that you ought to be warned just in case.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Because I wanted to let you know Loretta is alive and I can no longer serve as a paladin of any order. Alex says looking to Father Wilhelm his face suddenly serious. I do not know if Rosalind met her when she was held prisoner by someone the exact opposite of HER, however he has turned Loretta and Charlotte into Vampires. And no matter what vows I swore, I can not kill them. They are family, know that if you send anyone their I will stop them as well. I give you a clear warning as an old friend. You also have a thanks to give to Archadious, he defeated an old enemy of yours and set a few free under his command.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

@Archaidous: Wilhelm gets up with much difficulty as a neophyte riushes to his side, that he may not fall over, given his sudden move.

"I'm fine! What you say is true? That monster still walks Oerth? And you dueled him... I will not lie to you, Archaidous- how I wished I could've traded places with you. I pursued that fiend many winters ago in the Free City. I was always so close to ending him and his Scarlet Cabal. And then...I lost a dear friend, Jackyo. Taken by the lich before I could do anything about it. At least tell me... was Jackyo laid to rest?"

@Alex: Wilhelm listens to your words and takes a deep sigh as he walks around the courtyard towards a caged canary hanging from one of the trees.

"So you have made your choice, Alex. You know, I am not surprised by this. You have lived up to the title, my friend. You have endured a burden bigger than anyone I have met in my long life."

Wilhelm opens the cage as the canary looks around and flies towards the skies.

"And so, it is your right to be freed of such burden. I doubt anyone would be idiotic enough to condemn you for your decision. I do hope, however, that whatever path you choose, it will be one that will protect Oerth, for if what you say is true, and there is another one like her who can despoil life, then we need people like you. More of them, child. For what it's worth, you have the blessing of an old man to continue the path you choose, even without such code, which I personally, always found foolish in the first place."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

A code that does not allow for redemption in any form then death is not a code I could ever follow. Even more so when it involved my family no matter what form they take. It was my very family who saved us in their multipule times so how can such people called paladins not see the era of there ways and remake the code is beyond me. I do have another teacher though that I will be going to see not to far from here. I will be learning the ways of the natural order, not of Obad-hai, or Ehhonal, but of the summer, and perhaps winter courts if the other is in a nice enough mood. Alex explains as he looks to Father Wilhelm. My choice in life has always been to give life and to never take it unless it was necessary, a paladins code is to strict for that. An an inquisitor has to many rules to follow, to many procedures to make sure they do not break for me to be able to follow either. I will instead follow the winds of change. Know that the gnome trading post is no more, spread word that it has been destroyed if you must. No one is to step foot their again though or else the events that transpired these past few months may happen again. Alex says looking to Archadious. Whenever you are ready to go see her I will be waiting outside. And no one is to tell Rosalind about Loretta, is that understood?