1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Total War 2200 IC

Amazonian Collective

South American Alliance
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are gearing towards the war effort as well.

We are ready to offer help to Brazil, to help them deal with the infiltrators.
    Our military is focused in defense, but we must find a way to move towards a counteroffensive.

To the Haddir [Public]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Honor? Mercy? We say you lack both. We have not attacked you in any way, we have condemned the violent acts against your territories, act in which we have taken no part.

The blood of our people is in your hands. We offer a ceasefire, but you must deliver 3 Econ to repair the damage you caused.

Let the world know you as murderers if you don't.

TOTAL WAR WIKI: Come out and play
    http://totalwar-mechanicsrepository.wikispaces.com/

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGirl

Neo Japan

To Mitsuharu Academy and B.E.A.R.

Spoiler
    Show
    We have not yet taken any steps on creating an AI but we were thinking of implanting the three laws of robotics in a subconscious level and not in a way that can be accessed by the AI, think of it like putting a leash on a dog, a leash that cannot be seen that is.

Also we know that our technology has yet to reach a level that can support AI, and this is why we have not started the project yet.

Finally, after a long council meeting and after thinking more about what you said we think that creating an AI, a new race, would be wasteful. Why not just upgrade humanity? Like you said an AI smarter than humans will break the chains binding it no matter how well crafted they are since they were made by an inferior race. Even the leash we mentioned earlier would just be a temporary solution but if we were to just make humanity better would remove most implications. So why make a new race when you can make the old one better?

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I actually know that my science was half assed and would not work but i wanted to create a new NPC to make the game more fun, too bad I was caught but at least I tried, I thought you would't care and i could go full mad scientist but the quest to achieve mad science goes on.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

Tianxia: (Def Esp 7)

Mitsuharu Academy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Several years ago there was discussion between us regarding the opening of a satellite campus of your organization within our celestial empire. We still patiently wait for specifics on what this will entail in terms of treaties, investments, and benefits.

Neo Japan
    Spoiler
    Show
    Relations between us are not at the level of friendship which we desire. We would like to expand cooperation and friendship between us for the betterment of both our peoples.

B.E.A.R.
    Spoiler
    Show
    There once existed a far greater friendship and cooperation than currently exists between us. We wish to renew our ties for the betterment of our people and the world.
    Many, many thanks to azuyomi244 for the avatar.

4. - Top - End - #184

DrowGirl

Neo Japan [DESP:10]

To Tianxia. PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    We agree that our countries should build better relationships with each other, as a matter of fact we have created a new corporation called Neo Limb Clinics, they are augmentation clinics and we wanted to open a network of such clinics around the world, so we were thinking of opening building clinics in your country. That would open up new job opportunities for your citizens and as a gift of goodwill we could give some free give some augmentations for free to those in need in your country.

To Mitsuharu Academy.PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have opened up a new corporation called Neo Limb Clinics that deals with augmentations. We would like your agreement on building a branch clinic in the campus. Augmentations will help the everyday life of the people and open new job opportunities as well as creating a new path for humanity.

We eagerly await for your response.

To B.E.A.R.[DESP:8]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have opened up a new corporation called Neo Limb Clinics that deals with augmentations. We would like your agreement on building branch clinics in your country. Augmentations will help the everyday life of the people and open new job opportunities as well as creating a new path for humanity.

We eagerly await for your response.
    Last edited by Artorias; 2014-03-02 at 03:34 PM.

5. - Top - End - #185

Ashenhold Legion
    Morale: 5

To India (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hello again.

While we've had our quarrels in the past, I was wondering if I could get your opinion of this conflict between the Haddir and the South American Alliance. As I suspect that the two of us are among the most powerful nations in the world, I feel that keeping a dialogue open regarding world affairs would be prudent. As would possibly establishing some ground rules as to some zones of influence so we can try to avoid coming into conflict again.

To Science Conference (2)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I would vote we continue improving Fusion Generators until we have them capable of use in vehicles and spacecraft. That should allow us a variety of uses for the technology and give us the most options in future research choices.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

India

To Ashenhold Legion Def Esp: 8
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are unsure and unwilling to act without additional information. Do as you feel is right and we shall do the same.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

7. - Top - End - #187

Ashenhold Legion
    Morale: 5

To Greenpeace (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was wondering if you'd be interested in a joint project with similar aims as the previous one. Send a representative to my territory if you are, so we may discuss in private.

To the Haddir Republic (2)
    Spoiler
    Show
    For the sake of me being better informed in my decisions in these coming months, I was wondering if you could elucidate the sides in your war with South America. I imagine their entire alliance is together, but I do not know who is backing you.

To India (5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    As of this moment, I intend to stay out of it. With South America gearing up for warfare, I suspect this will get a lot worse before it gets better.

To the PFMC (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: To White Knights only this time.

Could we get a report as to the divisions of your assets, the Hawks, and the unaligned? With these losses, it may be time to move for total control. The Hawks have shown themselves to be abominable administrators.

8. - Top - End - #188

Haddir Merchant Republic to Amazonia Artificial Collective (Public)
    Spoiler
    Show

You are the ones protecting the murdererous GILE. They are the ones we were attacking to enact justice for their terrorism campaign that killed many of our civilians. You protect them like a child who broke a window when they devastated thousands of lives.

Greenpeace Collective to The Ashenhold Legion (DESP: PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

A representitive comes to your meeting. "We are more than willing to aid you. Our previous project proved better than expected. What are you planning?"

Haddir Merchant Republic to The Ashenhold Legion (DESP: 2)
    Spoiler
    Show

We are mostly backing ourselves. Not only are we in the right enacting justice on these terriorst countires, but we also offer technology and finances to those that help us. This year we currently have the Phenoix Empire (the NPC nation) and Mexico aiding us. We are in negotiations with Texas, but they are proving hard to persuade.

White Knights to The Ashenhold Legion (DESP: PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

True, but the PMFC was leased to be on the front lines of the fighting, so we are all hit about equally. We are still looking at our numbers and will send the specifics soon.
    Last edited by HerbieRAI; 2014-03-04 at 04:12 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

Kingdom of Argentina

To the Science Conference
    Spoiler
    Show
    We also vote to continue the fusion research. For one more generation at least. But we are willing to investigate other technologies as well after that.

To the South American Alliance (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    An Argentinian ambassador arrives to conduct secure negotiations with the other members of the alliance.

To the Haddir Republic (Public)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We note that it has never been proven that Gile conducted that attack, and we stand by our assertion that it was another party trying to provoke the very war that is currently happening. We offered our assistance in determining the true culprit, and if it had actually been GILE after all we would have supported you in demanding reparations. But you never responded to our offer, or any of our offers of negotiation. Or even our offers to help rebuild the damage done to your cities.

As for defending them we note that the first attack happened in Haiti. A country which had no relations with Gile at all. And that you are currently allied with pirates. Not just nominal pirates, but actual literal pirates who are currently looting the devastated countryside of the Gile Protectorate and attacking all South American shipping under the guise of legitimate war.

Whether or not GILE was responsible for the attack on you. One terrorist attack by a single country does not justify wholesale pillaging and wanton destruction of its allies. You say that GILE has devastated the lives of thousands, but your own actions have devastated the lives of millions and outright killed tens of thousands on both sides of this war.

That said if you are finally willing to talk, then we welcome negotiations. We never wanted a war, and we would be willing to come to a suitable agreement to end it.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2014-03-04 at 04:50 PM.

10. - Top - End - #190

Ashenhold Legion

To the White Knights (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    All hit equally but with you and non-Hawk aligned factions taking much worse losses due to being in heavier raids. A violation of the spirit, if not the text, of our agreement. The Legion will be attempting to remove them, and I will talk to Greenpeace to see if they would like a friendlier faction to their north.

To Greenpeace (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The PFMC has suffered significant losses in this past year, and I was hoping to take advantage of this by putting a loyal warband in command. While I can certainly use force to do so, I'd like to preserve the remaining assets of the Hawks and unaligned groups. So I request you lend your spies and missionaries to my own forces to put a puppet in command. Though, it may prove more prudent to simply annex the territories and conscript the remaining warlords into the Legion. I do not think they are still as useful as an independent power. Would you be interested in helping me eliminate a dangerous and chaotic faction and creating a more stable Africa?"

OOC: Their Esp, Mor, and Ldr helping me out in full control over the PFMC, with possibly either annexing them or keeping them as a proxy.
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2014-03-05 at 12:20 AM.

11. - Top - End - #191

The Phoenix Division
    Desp: 7

To the Science conference
    Spoiler
    Show
    We agree to pledge our scientists to further develop the Fusion Reactor Technology. Miniaturization of the reactor should open the path to fusion driven vehicles as well as field deployment of these reactors.
    I will personally oversee my scientists (spending LDR into this).

General Josef Markinov

To the Holy Order
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have no interest in your fantasies and misguided ideals. Leave our territory and do not return. Do retreat your agents openly. When we confirm all of your spies are gone we release the men we have captured.

General Josef Markinov

12. - Top - End - #192
    Orc in the Playground

THULE

Sjotuq survives second ballot scare to be elected Lord Chancellor

After attaining a solid 56% during the second turn, Johan Sjotuq has been appointed as the new Lord Chancellor of Thule and has received the mandate directly from the hands of the former head of state Thorkil Sigurdsson. Even more so than his predecessor, Sjotuq has been most vocal about his aversion to war in his first Althing speech and was reported to use harsh words against warmongers according to insiders.

Frontier Republic, Ivy League [6?]

Spoiler
    Show
    Esteemed neighbours, the fires of war are spreading throughout the world once more. It is not our policy to get involved, but we feel it would be best to be prepared accordingly in case of aggression.
    We suggest that our nations enter an economic and scientific covenant with the aim of abolishing customs and permitting the free circulation of people and capital within our borders. Setting up an economic zone between democratic nations could be of great benefit to us all, especially since America have been ravaged by war the most recently, and so would be working on research project jointly. We believe that our local state-of-the-art Mitsuharu campus, which we intend to freely open for your prospective students' perusal, would be a suitable place for research.
    Sealed by Johan Sjotuq, Lord Chancellor of Thule
    Last edited by Andre; 2014-03-06 at 10:55 AM.
    The Pen is mightier than the Sword - when the message is written in Blood.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground

B.E.A.R. [DESP: 8]

To Neo Japan, and Mitsuharu Academy [DESP: 6]
    Spoiler
    Show
    You ask why make a new race rather than improve our own? Well it is a rather simple answer. Most people are of a single belief, that humans have the potential to become anything. We of B.E.A.R. believe this too, but we do not believe in circumventing the conflict needed for us to reach that point. We believe that even though we are able to increase our natural strength and thought to what we call "super human", it should not be done. We as humans simple are not emotionally ready, or capable for such shortcuts. Our nations would be ruled by fear, and mania.

That is why we of B.E.A.R. would are still in support of creating AI. We would like to see if the world could even live next to artificial humans before we can think of trying to see if we could live with super humans. Yet, this conversation is indeed for a later date, but we just wanted to make our opinion clear.

-Signed
    Karen Beecher head of B.E.A.R. Research and Development

To Neo Japan [DESP: 8]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hello,
    We of B.E.A.R. regret to in form you that we have no interest in human augmentations, much to do with the reasons we described in our AI message.

To Tianxia [DESP: 7]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We agree, our friendship has faded. We of B.E.A.R. would like to renew it as well, perhaps we could start a new joint research project.

14. - Top - End - #194

Greenpeace Collective to The Ashenhold Legion (DESP: PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

That sounds like a great plan. We will be at your side.

Ivy League to Sovereign Republic of Thule and The Frontier Republic (DESP: 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Would you be willing to send military aid if needed? Texas's bloodlust must be sasiated for now, after conquering their rebellions but we worry about future expansion. If you agree to aid us should they attack us, we will agree to your economic and scientific alliance. We cannot, however, just give away the technology we have obtained through the science conference as that would breach other treaties we have already signed.

The Frontier Republic to Sovereign Republic of Thule and Ivy League (DESP: 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

Of course we will join with you, brothers!

South American Alliance (DESP: PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Members from the GILE and Brazil also arrive ready to disscuss strategy for defending their land. With Brazil and the GILE already severly damaged fromt the fight, they will follow any sound orders you give.

Haddir Merchant Republic to Amazonia Artificial Collective and The Kingdom of Argentina (Public)
    Spoiler
    Show

We are willing to come down on the peace payment from you, Amazonia, and Brazil to either 1 TECH or 1 ECON from each of you. The GILE's offer remains unchanged.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

Kingdom of Argentina

South American Alliance (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are attempting to negotiate a reasonable peace settlement with the Haddir Republic. However in the event that fails we suggest the following course of action.

To put it simply that the entire South American Alliance moves to a war footing.

For our militiaries to coordinate and defend our lines.

For our espionage agents to sweep GILE and Brazil for the spies infiltrating them.

For our industries to switch to a War economy and produce as much military material as they can.

For our leaders to direct the campaign and hold the lines against the enemy.

For our research facilities to begin designing newer and better weapons. We'll supply our most advanced anti gravity and fusion technology as a starting point for new military vehicles.

And for our propaganda departments to either encourage more recruits to join our militaries or to encourage our soldiers to fight harder. We aren't certain which of those options would be better at the moment.

To the Haddir Merchant Republic (Public)
    Spoiler
    Show
    That is unacceptable to us. But then that is why we called this a negotiation and not our unconditional surrender.

Our position is fairly simple. We are unwilling to provide you with additional assets, when it was you who started this war, and when you've already stripped GILE of its economic assets. Without some concrete guarantee that you would not attack us again it would simply make you more powerful at our expense and likely lead to our being attacked again. Either by you or some other opportunistic nation.

As such we have two counter offers. The first is that we pay you a one time lump sum of an amount of [Temporary Econ] that can be determined in negotiations here. In return you and all your allies will cede back the territory you have taken and a peace treaty will be signed barring further hostilities.

Or we are willing to offer you a continuing payment of [1 t. econ] per [turn]. This would in effect be the same as paying you [1 p. econ], but it would allow us to withdraw payment in the event of a further attack, which would serve as a guarantee against said further attacks.

And before you say that we are in no position to negotiate we would suggest you review your own casualty reports. Your alliance actually lost more military personnel in the last attack than the South American Alliance did. And that was with a surprise attack when we were unprepared to defend against you.

To the Mexican Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just as we are talking with the Haddir Republic we would also like to pursue peace talks with your empire.

We are willing to leave the Caribbean to you undisputed. And potentially support you against your northern neighbors as they seem somewhat expansionist.

To the P.M.F.C.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just as we are talking with the Haddir Republic we would also like to pursue peace talks with your company.

We are willing to offer you technological designs to break your contract with the Haddir Republic as our understanding is that their own designs are what has attracted your assistance.

To the Pirate Territories
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just as we are talking with the Haddir Republic we would also like to pursue peace talks with your territories.

As you have already looted our shipping we will not offer you payment. However we are willing to acknowledge your sovereignty as a nation state, and offer you amnesty for any past crimes your members may have committed against South American shipping.

To the Phoenix Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just as we are talking with the Haddir Republic we would also like to pursue peace talks with your empire.

We are willing to offer you technological designs to break your contract with the Haddir Republic as our understanding is that their own designs are what has attracted your assistance.