New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Persona in the Playground: Curriculum is Key

Rikiya takes off his glasses, rubbing the bridge of his nose. He sighs tiredly, it is an hour after classes have ended for the day and he is in the teacher's lounge working on a new English curriculum for his students. At least they aren't all slackers, he mutters to himself, trying to keep the energy to work on the new material. Looked like he was going to be staying late again tonight.

He looks at the material he is preparing, wondering if it is appropriate for their level of learning. This is his first real class, he doesn't want to screw up. He realizes he left one of his books in the classroom. Damn, he heads back to the classroom to retrieve it. He sits at a desk for a moment, decompressing, before he stands back up, ready to head back to the lounge to get some more work done.
    Last edited by Torgarn; 2014-03-08 at 11:40 PM.
    My awesome avvy by Ceika

Previous avatars by terry576 and Derjuin

My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Persona in the Playground: Curriculum is Key

A student enters the classroom as well, while Rikiya is relaxing. The teen girl is one of the student with a very good level in English due to her origins and lifestyle (though her other grades are a convenient mystery). It takes her a few seconds to notice the other visitor. "Oh! Sorry, I had forgotten something in my desk."
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Rikiya looks up startled, immediately shamed that he let himself relax in front of a student. He thinks for a moment to recal the students name Ah, this is one of the good ones he thinks. He smiles, relaxing, Hepaunton-san, there is no reason to apologize, you can't help forgetting things sometimes.
    Last edited by Torgarn; 2014-03-10 at 05:02 AM.
    My awesome avvy by Ceika

My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Lenora nods, and retrieves a notebook from her desk. "I heard you were a new teacher here, Rikiya-san", she says, serious; "I'd like to know what you thought of this school. I don't mean to sound indiscreet, I'm only asking because I've not been here very long either."
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Rikiya's eyes narrow less than half of a moment. What an insolent child he thinks. I chose this school when I had offers from others, if that helps he responds. It's a good school.
    Last edited by Torgarn; 2014-03-10 at 10:03 AM.
    My awesome avvy by Ceika

My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

"A good school", she repeats thoughtfully. She hesitates for an instant before speaking again. "I had to come here for personal reasons; it was the best school for me, in those circumstances. Even though I've already lost contact with my old friends, and am trying to make new ones, I have to agree with you, it's a good school."
    She shuffles her bag, starting to get flustered for no apparent reason. "... my apologies, you must be very busy, I should probably leave now."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Rikiya smiles, heart warmed by her consideration, I'll never be too busy for one of my students, if you ever need help with something, or have a question, you should feel free to come to me for help. If you are looking to get new friends, my suggestion would be to join a club, it usually helps with that kind of thing.
    Last edited by Torgarn; 2014-03-11 at 05:40 AM.
    My awesome avvy by Ceika

My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

"Thank you very much." He seemed to be a caring sort of teacher. Or he could be a great actor, acting nice because of her parents. The latter was an extremely common sort in her private school, a world where half the students could claim some influence by proxy through their last name.
    That second possibility couldn't be dismissed yet. However, kindness is kindness, forced or not, and she could play that game as well, in doubt. The flustering - completely unintentional and sincere - is already gone, replaced by (faked) curiosity.
    "Is there some kind of English-related club? Perhaps English literature? Some students seem to be good at it, and I'd like to keep practicing."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Rikiya smiles I don't know that there is a English exclusive literature club. I'm fairly certain their is a literature club however, you would certainly be welcome to read English literature in such a club I would imagine though. If you would like some extra help with English, I could prepare a study guide for you, or I could set some time out of my schedule and give you some tutoring.
    Last edited by Torgarn; 2014-03-13 at 12:06 PM.
    My awesome avvy by Ceika

My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

"I would greatly appreciate either, though I hope it won't bother you too much."
    She asked politely, but was she going to commit to it? For all that was worth, it might turn out to be a decent distraction, especially now it was certain she was not going to go home for a while. Besides... what did they say about hope, already? She might even trick herself into giving herself a new goal, even though she had no interest in it until today. Have something constructive to do.
    "My father was a native speaker, being American, but I never got to spend much time with him. Still, I've not given up the hope of reaching his level."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

My job is to foster my students growth, for a student like you, who wants to put in the effort,I could hardly not put in an equal effort to help you. Rikya says, If you want the study guide, I can have one ready by Friday, if you decide you want the tutoring, I would need to check my schedule, then get back to you tomorrow.
    My awesome avvy by Ceika

My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

"That sounds good, thank you very much. I'll leave you to your work." She bows slightly. "See you tomorrow, then, Rikiya-san."
    He's about to invest so much effort in being - or looking - good. Lenora now feels obligated to reciprocate; basic diplomacy, really. Afterward only, will she be able to ask for some favor should she need it, like a grade revision...

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll see you then, Rikiya responds, he heads out the door, heading back to the lounge to finish up for the night.
    My awesome avvy by Ceika

My Homebrew