New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

Quote Originally Posted by HisHolyAngel View Post
    Pokedy-poke Waylander to the edit at the end of my post. It's RP for you. :3
    Replied to it 5 minutes before you posted ;P.
    *Mind reading powers acquired!*

I'm going to sleep now though, I will not respond for a while.
    Don't eat my fish-insect fey in the meantime, 'ke?
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated

2. - Top - End - #872
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    I do like the leader religion addition. Good stuff zab. Mine all looked good.

Also, Morph, does late mean late like last week late or later?

And zap, in regards to the Blazing Temple thread

Spoiler
    Show
    Possibly Monday. Depends on what time I will get home. For that reason the round will stay open a little longer too, but I advise everyone to not make any last minute edits, as per my usual advice, just to be sure. I will make a post in this thread before closing the round, but it will follow soon after.

This will also occur next round, as that Sunday I have a similar one day course, and a few weeks from now, due to LARP involvement.

In the meantime, Murgen, Elemental, Burch, Way and Chacmon, a post for you in the Blazing Temple and or Cantus Sai.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    Raaneki wear clothes...when it's cold... until they get indoors.
    When it's really cold, they find large groups of people rubbing their naked bodies together generates heat... Or is that the Islanders?

4. - Top - End - #874

Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    When it's really cold, they find large groups of people rubbing their naked bodies together generates heat... Or is that the Islanders?

I think that's penguins, actually.
    Amazing Jaune Arc avatar made by the talented artist Comissar. Thanks a lot!

Playing as the Kingdom of Gleiss in Empire! 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    There are always several plots, and which one is the plot is always changing.
    I was going to start getting all philisophical up in here, but I think that may start a debate with someone...

...in the meantime, I'll just leave the idea that perhaps all of these plots are simply within a very large plot we are not truly aware of.

Rhino Cavalry... *Homer Simpson drooling noise*
    ...that's not terrifying at all!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Hrmmmm...so...would anyone be interested in another Grand Ball?
    I can't say that I am as I no longer shall spend any actions on anything whatsoever, but I can say that it is quite the good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Well, I didn't invent it to get bonuses, I merely wanted to be at the forefront of scholarship and scientific development.
    I can't say I'm surprised in the least.

Nope. Not surprised at all.

Dang, and I didn't get to Curiosity 10 clockwork with High Prince Yuuhi then rub it in your face. HA I BE.. Oh, wait I'm not playing anymore.

I suppose you'll beat me now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Burch View Post
    But death beam towers? Next C10, right there.
    Awesome. Then Death Beam Tower Power Generators are the one after that, then Death Beam Tower Protection Fields after that or you may end up incinerating your own guys accidentally, then Death Beam Tower Aiming System so you can actually point it at the enemies, then Death Beam Tower Automated Maintenance because it's lame having to repair it after all of those Faith 10 Earthquakes, Eternal Winters, Spontaneous Volcanoes, well... Y'know.

Death to the World.
    Death to Me.

Is anyone else worried about the first Yphinne miracle being bringing about the icy apocalypse? Not that I am or anything...
    Is anyone excited for it aside from the masochistic Sycians who would wish to undergo their Trial for their Yphine for Eternity?

Quote Originally Posted by WaylanderX View Post
    Replied to it 5 minutes before you posted ;P.
    *Mind reading powers acquired!*

I'm going to sleep now though, I will not respond for a while.
    Don't eat my fish-insect fey in the meantime, 'ke?
    Nerf WaylanderX. WaylanderX OP.

You know... that would be entirely too hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Burch View Post
    I think that's penguins, actually.
    To the North and the South, East and West, all have various creatures, sentient or no, generating heat against each other.

...ummm too many commas. I can't English. O.X
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ogre in the Playground

Due to birthday celebrations, moving 30 miles, and lengthy recertification training, I will be significantly limited in my involvement for the next 2, maybe 3 weeks. I will still update actions, but probably be unable to RP at events (though I really want to attend this upcoming Grand Ball.)

However, if I mentioned a trade/marriage/diplomacy function with you, assume it is still on. My actions will reflect that, as long as yours do as well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Troll in the Playground

Wars started because cartographers kept running out of colors. That's my official belief. Anyway, here colored countries of the overworld

Spoiler
    Show

and the underdark

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Hrmmmm...so...would anyone be interested in another Grand Ball?
    I would! Later.

The technology post has been updated to round 7 to reflect who has what technologies now.

Proposals for existing technologies (due to some being slightly more limited, like the military ones, bonuses have been increased):

Technological Bonuses

{table=head]Technology | Primary Effect | Mechanical Bonus

Adamantine-forging | Allows use of Adamantine resource. | +3 to Military battle checks to defend a region.

Berunda-riding | Allows special uses of Berunda resource.<br />Allows creation of aerial units. | +1 to Military battle checks and tactical maneuvering checks.

Griffin-riding | Allows special uses of Griffins resource.<br />Allows creation of aerial units. | +1 to Military battle checks and tactical maneuvering checks.

Hovercrafts | - |+1 to Military battle checks and tactical maneuvering checks.

Insect Training | Allows special uses of Huge Insects resource.<br />Allows creation of aerial units. | +1 to Military battle checks and tactical maneuvering checks.

Mithril-forging | Allows use of Mithril resource. | +2 to Military battle checks.

Ocean-faring Ships | Allows passage over the open ocean. | -

Plate Armour | - |+2 to Military battle checks.

Printing Press | - | +1 to all Diplomacy checks.[/table]

I'm thinking the printing press could actually give more bonuses all around, but also make it easier to have tech stolen due to notes being easier to read.

As Wombat said, it's a small mechanic to something largely fluff. It's a lot of work to get tech, but this just means that those who are already doing lots of Curiosity stuff are simply much more likely to introduce it. Furthermore, the old bit of wisdom that says science goes faster during wartime can be reflected by those already having Military 10 or such focusing on increasing Curiosity next. Not necessarily so, of course, as playstyles vary wildly, even a bit among military-minded players.
    These are fascinating! Question: I'm eventually going to introduce a basic steam-power (after foreshadowing it a lot more!), but what sort of bonus would that get? Perhaps something that allows primitive locomotion...?

Robo-Rat is a thing now. We have a Robo-Rat.
    More good writing! I take it that Tychris is not leaving anytime soon, and am glad.

Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    But it would be awesome if a miracle caused a Fell Winter for a round or three...
    Ooooh! Worldwide events would be cool....

Wars started because cartographers kept running out of colors. That's my official belief. Anyway, here colored countries of the overworld

Spoiler
    Show

and the underdark

Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, on most maps, they re-use the 10-15 colors they've selected again and again. Also, this round, 53/54 become part of the Guilderene Expanse.

And for those in the Last Visitation, I've got a new post up. I'm especially looking for someone, even as a fluff post, to make a post with a full service. Great opportunity to explain more about the religion!
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

9. - Top - End - #879
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    I can't say I'm surprised in the least.

Nope. Not surprised at all.

Dang, and I didn't get to Curiosity 10 clockwork with High Prince Yuuhi then rub it in your face. HA I BE.. Oh, wait I'm not playing anymore.

I suppose you'll beat me now.
    Well... There are some incidental techs I want to develop first so it's not just a sudden jump into the clockwork revolution...

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Due to birthday celebrations, moving 30 miles, and lengthy recertification training, I will be significantly limited in my involvement for the next 2, maybe 3 weeks. I will still update actions, but probably be unable to RP at events (though I really want to attend this upcoming Grand Ball.)

However, if I mentioned a trade/marriage/diplomacy function with you, assume it is still on. My actions will reflect that, as long as yours do as well.
    Is it your birthday? I'm going to assume it's your birthday...
    Happy birthday!
    Spoiler
    Show

I can believe that. Let us hope that we never run out of colours, the confusion would surely cause the world to devolve into open warfare.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2014-03-15 at 12:56 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

10. - Top - End - #880
    Titan in the Playground

I've started compiling some stuff a little early to get the round start post up faster tomorrow/Monday, since the round will already end/start later. Hopefully not too many action edits to existing posts will come up.

Keep in mind not to edit your posts after 16:00 GMT on Sunday. (Which due to DST differences now is like 10:00 AM East Coast time, I think?)

11. - Top - End - #881
    Ogre in the Playground

We've entered daylight savings so it's GMT -4 now. So 1600 GMT is 1200 EDST.
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

12. - Top - End - #882

Aaaand I got a new Avatar. Or two rather. Meet Nyllana Earthguard! One by RainDragon (Thanks mate!), which is in my sig and one by Lord Fullbladder in OotS style, which is in my avatar spot. Both turned out quite well imo!
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here

13. - Top - End - #883
    Orc in the Playground

And for those in the Last Visitation, I've got a new post up. I'm especially looking for someone, even as a fluff post, to make a post with a full service. Great opportunity to explain more about the religion!
    I'm working on a full ceremonial post, but it's a lot to think about, and I like to think it's something that really needs to be done in Sycia or an equally icy land (but preferably Sycia) to be truly traditional (though of course it isn't required).
    Beautiful Angewomon avatar by the darling Recaiden.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Halfling in the Playground

RangerGuy

Just wanted to pop in to say I might be absent for the next round or two, as there's a minor family crisis going on right now. It looks like everyone will be fine, but I'll spending my time in the hospital for a bit.
    Coven Wars (Just clicking would make me happy)

15. - Top - End - #885
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lorick View Post
    Just wanted to pop in to say I might be absent for the next round or two, as there's a minor family crisis going on right now. It looks like everyone will be fine, but I'll spending my time in the hospital for a bit.
    My godfather/uncle has been in the hospital since Thursday for some major complications, as well as my grandmother. Here's to the hope that any family members in the hospital will be fine, mine and yours.

16. - Top - End - #886
    Troll in the Playground

My godfather/uncle has been in the hospital since Thursday for some major complications, as well as my grandmother. Here's to the hope that any family members in the hospital will be fine, mine and yours.
    An added good hope to both of you.

On another note, It seems it's time to get a new avatar. I suppose I should try and find or request a Khan one.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #887

On another note, It seems it's time to get a new avatar. I suppose I should try and find or request a Khan one.
    In a dress, right?
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HisHolyAngel View Post
    I'm working on a full ceremonial post, but it's a lot to think about, and I like to think it's something that really needs to be done in Sycia or an equally icy land (but preferably Sycia) to be truly traditional (though of course it isn't required).
    Huh... Well, there are cold places in Guilder, to the North. Perhaps you could carry down ice and spread it around during the ceremony?

I'll be praying for you, mate.

Agreeing with Arkhosia: dress is non-optional.
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

19. - Top - End - #889
    Troll in the Playground

Alright I've made my request and included the need for the dress. Hopefully someone decides to take up my silly request and create something.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #890

Alright I've made my request and included the need for the dress. Hopefully someone decides to take up my silly request and create something.
    The players demand dresses! Do not disappoint us, young flyswatter.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here

21. - Top - End - #891
    Troll in the Playground

Wombat, a note on the leadership table. Olwyt's Military is 8 this round, not 6 and his curiosity is 1 not 3

Side note: I've added fluff to my actions post and plan to add more EDIT: I've added more

Tychris, there's a quite few people waiting on your actions still.
    Last edited by QuintonBeck; 2014-03-15 at 04:57 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WaylanderX View Post
    Aaaand I got a new Avatar. Or two rather. Meet Nyllana Earthguard! One by RainDragon (Thanks mate!), which is in my sig and one by Lord Fullbladder in OotS style, which is in my avatar spot. Both turned out quite well imo!
    I would multiquote stuff as usual, but I am on a tablet. I hope people's families get better.

Uh, hey Way, you may have to reshuffle your sig as it is too long now. You don't have to use the sugpicture thing on this website if you don't want.

Dress DoomKhan. Heh.

EDIT - So, I've noticed quite belatedly a request for a VENTURE! in Cantus Sai. I'm totally fine with it but keep in mind I uhh... Here's a secret \I was improvising almost everything there\...

So yeah.

If anyone else wants to join it's definitely not inconceivable that other people get dragged in really, it's no problem.

The plot so far...

Some lady was drugged and an unwitting young fellow saved her from going to do uhh... a thing. We're not sure. Actually dang I haven't told anybody anything really.

The thingy would be on Skype moooost likely, it would be using Morph's system thingy, I guess I'm the GM though 'random man with no plan' probably fits better. I'll have to axe one of those characters I have following you guys around maybe otherwise I'm just going to be talking to myself too much...

It would be next week sometime 「next week starts Monday for me not sure how it is for everyone else's country」 because I'm visiting a friend today and work Saturdays.

Soo..... I'm free Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, maaaybe Thursday. PM me or like, requisition this space or Skype me or something.

Actually, one question about VENTURE. How was the initiative handled. Mil + Luck + roll?

EDIT @ Scooby Doo. So Quinton's Shaggy, Way's Scooby... That kinda leaves me with that blonde guy in a white shirt, blue trousers and red scarf-tie-thing. His name escapes me atm... Uhh, yuh. It's a shame I don't remember any really cool villians I would be...

It's been entirely too long since I watched Scooby Doo 「the cartoon btw, haven't seen the movies」.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-03-15 at 07:24 PM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

23. - Top - End - #893
    Troll in the Playground

The venture thing would be best on Wednesday for me.

Also, I'm adding lots of fluff stuff to the Ignato Empire (Under Government and Culture mostly right now) if people like to read that kind of stuff.

Also, Morph, does having a good reason and logical backing of some degree help the possibility of discovering an underground region? Pretty please?

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #894

Man, I have got to stop procrastinating. Every week I don't put my actions up until Saturday night, and I always feel like I forgot an important action.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    EDIT @ Scooby Doo. So Quinton's Shaggy, Way's Scooby... That kinda leaves me with that blonde guy in a white shirt, blue trousers and red scarf-tie-thing.
    It's an ascot! (Rain Dragon already knew that.)

That said, I should get around to things. Like putting fluff in my post and all that jazz. Maybe later.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

26. - Top - End - #896
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorry about the late post, I got really wrapped up in real life issues that have bogged me down considerably, plus the whole Tale of Ironfang took up a big chunk of my time, and I wanted to dedicate myself to writing it more then actually doing any action.

Anyway, the last part of the Tale of Ironfang will be him ascending to the throne, ending the war, and setting his sights on something new. Namely, Ironfang is pretty much going full blown (As I described it to Morph) America after the revolutionary war. Neutrality/Isolationist! They'll be trading and the like with people, but after Ironfang and the Sympol got dragged through all this craziness by Bloodfang, they are just not feeling the whole "tangling web of alliances" vibe anymore.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

27. - Top - End - #897
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Namely, Ironfang is pretty much going full blown (As I described it to Morph) America after the revolutionary war. Neutrality/Isolationist!
    "The occasion has been judged proper for asserting, as a principle in which the rights and interests of the Sympol people are involved, that the Eastern continents, by the free and independent condition which they have assumed and maintain, are henceforth not to be considered as subjects for future colonization by any Coalition powers.

We owe it, therefore, to candor and to the amicable relations existing between the Sympol and those powers to declare that we should consider any attempt on their part to extend their system to any portion of this hemisphere as dangerous to our peace and safety. With the existing colonies or dependencies of any Coalition power we have not interfered and shall not interfere. But with the Governments who have declared their independence and maintained it, and whose independence we have, on great consideration and on just principles, acknowledged, we could not view any interposition for the purpose of oppressing them, or controlling in any other manner their destiny, by any Coalition power in any other light than as the manifestation of an unfriendly disposition toward Sympolemou."

28. - Top - End - #898
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    "The occasion has been judged proper for asserting, as a principle in which the rights and interests of the Sympol people are involved, that the Eastern continents, by the free and independent condition which they have assumed and maintain, are henceforth not to be considered as subjects for future colonization by any Coalition powers.

We owe it, therefore, to candor and to the amicable relations existing between the Sympol and those powers to declare that we should consider any attempt on their part to extend their system to any portion of this hemisphere as dangerous to our peace and safety. With the existing colonies or dependencies of any Coalition power we have not interfered and shall not interfere. But with the Governments who have declared their independence and maintained it, and whose independence we have, on great consideration and on just principles, acknowledged, we could not view any interposition for the purpose of oppressing them, or controlling in any other manner their destiny, by any Coalition power in any other light than as the manifestation of an unfriendly disposition toward Sympolemou."

The Ironfang Doctrine?

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #899
    Titan in the Playground

Well that was an... unfruitful day.

Round opening may yet be up today.

30. - Top - End - #900
    Troll in the Playground

Well that was an... unfruitful day.

Round opening may yet be up today.
    Sorry to hear that Morph. Did they cancel the seminar thing on you or it just wasn't useful?

Spoiler
    Show