New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 142930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1331
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] WATCHTOWER 17: Through Cloud, Shadow, Earth, and Flesh.

[Entrance ==> Hospital Tower]

Wenomir takes Decker out of Jezebel's arms wordlessly and carries her into the Keep. He has no intention of letting Jezebel have anything more to do in this matter, but he has enough smarts to know that she doesn't need to know that yet. Barring further interference, he'll carry Decker to the hospital.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Ogre in the Playground

Entrance

Jezebel frowns at Morty's back as he walks away. KR still gone after this long? She should have been able to get out of the webbing quickly, unless her skills were greatly over-exaggerated which might be a possibility. She'd been easier to ambush than expected. If I'm to get answers, she needs to get here. Soon. Otherwise they'll just be more likely to stonewall me. Not like they care for anyone other than their own that gets killed. Over a hundred innocent men, women, and children killed in an apartment complex and not a single tear shed. Typical. But if KR gets a single scratch, they'll be up in arms against me. She thinks bitterly as she tears open a hole towards the Cliffs of Inside and steps through.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Outside]

The two are greeted by Wenomir's plotclone right outside the door.

"May we help you?" he asks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Misaka grins.
    Hello! I'm Misska. I'm considering joining WATCHTOWER.
    Misaka explains with a friendly tone, standing slightly still.
    Cerise nods in agreement, smiling faintly. "Y-Yes... if you'll have us, I mean..."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside]

Wenomir looks the two up and down.

"...alright. Come inside so you can tell me what you can do and I'll think about testing you."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Outside]

"...alright. Come inside so you can tell me what you can do and I'll think about testing you."
    A grinning
    Misaka follows him in!
    I manipulate electrons. Pretty good at it too.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

6. - Top - End - #1146

[Outside]

A grinning
    Misaka follows him in!
    I manipulate electrons. Pretty good at it too.
    [Outside]

"Um... I'm a ghost..." Cerise follows Misaka, looking around the place in interest. "I can... well, I can fly and pass through things. I also can make weapons out of my soul..."
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Orc in the Playground

[Meeting Room]

"Yes, I honestly can't see how we'd be supposed to fight a war," Wenomir says. "I think it's best if we leave it to Remnant and Irregulars for the most part and focus on dealing with potential fallout or something that slips through the cracks."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Meeting Room]

"Watchtower is yet equipped to deal with armies unless they happen to blow themselves up." Cessie comments, referring to that Greg incident. "While we could join the defense of a base I don't we can stand against an army in an open field, the AMEN fight really proved that." Watch suffered from just being like four people against an entire base.

"But it proves that we aren't as prepared against apocalypses as we want to be. If we are supposed to face against apocalypses we must be able to counter armies somehow other than hiding in our base." That alternative isn't particularly effective either!
    "Why do you think I do what I do with EI, Cessie? I prop up governments and militaries so that they can fight these kinds of battles themselves. After all, where invasions and apocalypses are concerned, it's everyone's fight," DC points out. It seems he has that particular bit covered. "At least partially thanks to my efforts, Remnant and the Irregulars will stand against these forces. Is that not enough for you?" Bit egotistical-sounding, but not entirely untrue.

DC also glances off in some random direction, raising an eyebrow and twitching slightly, before returning his full attention to the meeting. Wonder what that was about.

[Somewhere In The Main Building Or Something]

Quote Originally Posted by Fan View Post
    Luckily Hayden's head is just as metal as the rest of him, so the impact doesn't do all that much to him aside from "bruising" the synth flesh on his forehead. As for the electric shock, that just gets him going.

"So you want to be a wall in my way?! Fine, but don't get upset when I break you down! I'm getting into that meeting one way, or another."

He said, gritting his teeth through the electrical shock as his arms begin to push against the forcefield, and given Hayden can exert pressure with his finger tips that crush tank armor, the Drone wont exactly be contending with normal human fare. Electrical surges coursing through his form, sparks rolling up his shoulders and up his head, because while Hayden was obviously tough, it was because his body was made out of metal, and we all know how conductive metal and electricity play together. The answer is not nice.

Of course this is all ignoring the fact that Hayden's an idiot for attempting to break through the defenses of the organization he wants to work for, but hey. Hayden's kind of stupid and hot headed.
    The forcefield crackles, and then the drone just...kind of...steps back.

Then Hayden might hear a voice in his head.

If you expect to be a part of this organization, you will shut up, sit down, and STOP TRYING TO WRECK MY GUARD DRONES. Further blatant disrespect of procedure will result in your expulsion, and that's if the others don't see fit to ban you from here for this alone. Oh. That's what he was doing.

Ouch.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Titan in the Playground

[Meeting Room]

Wenomir shrugs.

"I know I'm useless against any sort of army. But that's not going to change," is his only comment.

[Training Grounds]

"Electronic-scrambling and ghost, I see..." Wenomir says, scratching his chin. "Looks like I'll need two tests for you. Have either if you had any real combat experience?"
    Last edited by Morty; 2014-03-15 at 02:22 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1149

[Meeting Room]

Wenomir shrugs.

"I know I'm useless against any sort of army. That's not going to change," is his only comment.

[Training Grounds]

"Electronic-scrambling and ghost, I see..." Wenomir says, scratching his chin. "Looks like I'll need two tests for you. Have either if you had any real combat experience?"
    Not just that! And yes I have
    Misawa replies
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

10. - Top - End - #1150

[Training Grounds]

Not just that! And yes I have
    Misawa replies
    [Training Grounds]

Cerise nods hesitantly. "...yes."
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2014-03-16 at 10:00 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1151

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Hospital Tower

"I've dealt with a few before."
    She says with a small smile. "And if my guess is right, I might be dealing with two of my own shortly enough, but I hope you can keep that between us two for the moment."
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    "Why do you think I do what I do with EI, Cessie? I prop up governments and militaries so that they can fight these kinds of battles themselves. After all, where invasions and apocalypses are concerned, it's everyone's fight," DC points out. It seems he has that particular bit covered. "At least partially thanks to my efforts, Remnant and the Irregulars will stand against these forces. Is that not enough for you?" Bit egotistical-sounding, but not entirely untrue.

DC also glances off in some random direction, raising an eyebrow and twitching slightly, before returning his full attention to the meeting. Wonder what that was about.
    Hospital Tower

Wow, already?! How did he- she even...

"I didn't even realize you had a..." Lover? Boyfriend? Husband? He was a man not too long ago! "...admirer."

[Watchtower Meeting]

"No one is denying your anti-apocalypse efforts DC. I'm well aware of your support to Remnant and the irregulars. I'm talking about Watchtower itself as an organization. We're supposed to fight against apocalypses after all and we aren't simply equipped to deal with all of them at the moment." She explains. "But perhaps we should move towards a more supportive role rather than trying to get an army for ourselves. We're an small elite force, kind of like mortal coil was at the time." Before politics got them!

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ogre in the Playground

Hospital Tower

Cutter shakes her head. "I used to a long time ago, but I don't know where she went. It's not like that." She explains with a sigh. "I wish it were, but it's not. It seems that the species I've become doesn't need a partner to reproduce. It simply does so on it's own."

Hospital Tower 2.0

Cutter takes Decker from Wenomir if allowed and move her to the ICU, hooking her into fluids, antibiotics, nutrients, and anything a devil girl could ever need to get healthy again. Since no one else is in the hospital at the moment, Cutter will grab a small stack of books and set them aside before she begins to read, keeping an ear on Decker's condition the entire time.

Decker isn't restrained in any way except for a hand made quilt being placed over her. Cutter's name is stitched into the corner of the quilt, showing that she made it, but no one is ever likely to actually notice that. Or care. Even so, Cutter takes pride in her work.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2014-03-15 at 03:44 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Ettin in the Playground

DC can hear the palpable disrespect in Hayden's voice as he pulls back, reluctantly, he enjoyed having a chance to pit himself against the tech of tomorrow, and besides.

"If you were just going to intervene directly why'd you send the drone after me? When it started talking about paperwork and membership I just assumed you wanted it defeated to test my capabilities. I mean if you didn't want it broken you could have just let me in, stupid."

He says with a chuckle, leaning against the wall, who puts a wall in a hero's way and got mad when he tried to break it down? Some people just didn't understand heroism at all.

14. - Top - End - #1154

Hospital Tower

Cutter shakes her head. "I used to a long time ago, but I don't know where she went. It's not like that." She explains with a sigh. "I wish it were, but it's not. It seems that the species I've become doesn't need a partner to reproduce. It simply does so on it's own."
    Hospital Tower

"Oh." Cessie didn't have any words at the moment. Just what. "...do you want to have children?" Seems like she should have a choice at least.

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Training Grounds

Fantastic, another successful hit! Unfortunately, the young warrior is moving forward, and is too close to dodge. He's thrown sideways and hits the ground with an Oomph! After a minute or so, he'll stand up and sheath his blade, congratulating the cleric. Shoyler Mctowry, I do not know if I have the authority to accept you as a Watch Initiate, so go find Wenomir Rawicz, or Cessie Mithar and tell them Marcus Hostilius Regulus offers his recommendation. He pauses, as if what he says next pains him. I must say this though. Despite the strength in your fighting style, if I been at top condition, my first beam could've incapacitated you, and my next strike kill you. Be careful.

Shoyler breathes in deeply for a few seconds before moving to lean on his large warhammer. Urgh. Thank you kindly for your time, and for your recommendation. I'll keep that in mind. He moves his shoulders back and stretches a tad, his muscles still a little stiff. Mm. So tell me, where's this Wenomir, Brother? I've never heard of him before.

Is he the leader here? Or an official?

16. - Top - End - #1156

Training Grounds

"That won't be nessesary." Mia says as she comes closer.

"I as a member can accept him as a Watchtower Initiate. That's the whole deal with this fight. You remember that I asked you to test him?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Halfling in the Playground

Training Grounds

Marcus' cheeks gain a pink hue, though not quite the same shade as his armor. Ah, yes. That makes sense...I wasn't aware of the system here. I believe that means I could accept him as well, no? He says curiously, before addressing Shoyler. Wenomir is one of the four leaders here at Watchtower. The others are DC, KR, and Cessie Mithar. And I think I'm closer in age to your son than your brother. He adds with a smirk. The Last Praetorian sits down and cleans off his weapons, having nothing better to do.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Ogre in the Playground

Entrance

After his meeting with Wenomir in Trog's, it takes a bit for Conor to get to Watchtower, but the bard skips happily as he sings bawdy songs on the road up to the gate. Once he reaches it, he'll tap on the gate with a bottle. "Hellooooo!"

Hospital Tower

Cutter looks thoughtful for a few moments before giving Cessie a warm smile. "I want them. I just wish I didn't have to do it alone, but I suppose once I have them I won't be my myself anymore."

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Orc in the Playground

[Meeting Room]

There's another little twitch, but DC keeps his tone level nonetheless. "Most apocalypses have been stopped by small groups. I know, I've been part of several. Forces like those I supply are best at containing the damage, rather than stopping them directly. For example, while it predates my operations, what would have become of Inside with no Empire? Additionally, improving conditions in the Nexus can only help to prevent future apocalypse attempts, considering the motives behind some of them. By all means, if anyone wants to step up to help others fight apocalypses and invasions themselves, they should...although I'd prefer it if it was run by me first. We don't fight every battle by ourselves, and our operations should reflect that."

Who is this guy and what has he done with the rage-filled lunatic?

[Somewhere Else]

DC's telepathic voice, on the other hand, is anything but calm, filled with irritation and anger that can almost be felt rather than 'heard.' Not quite murderous sounding on its own, but far from perfectly calm. If you cannot follow protocol, you will not be allowed in this organization. This was not a test, it was basic security, and you completely failed to understand that.

Further disruptions will be met by my arming the drones with ion blasters to defend themselves. I'm sure a man of the future like yourself knows what those do to cybernetics, and I just so happen to have a surplus of them lately. I'd really rather not have to resort to that against someone who assisted me, but I cannot allow you to wreck our security just because you can't follow protocol.

The meeting is between leaders of this organization only, not nonmembers or even lower-ranked members. You had best learn to deal with authority that isn't your fist, or you're going to find yourself unwelcome everywhere that isn't the slaver-infested hellhole in the sky.

...Ouch.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Ogre in the Playground

Training Grounds

Marcus' cheeks gain a pink hue, though not quite the same shade as his armor. Ah, yes. That makes sense...I wasn't aware of the system here. I believe that means I could accept him as well, no? He says curiously, before addressing Shoyler. Wenomir is one of the four leaders here at Watchtower. The others are DC, KR, and Cessie Mithar. And I think I'm closer in age to your son than your brother. He adds with a smirk. The Last Praetorian sits down and cleans off his weapons, having nothing better to do.
    Shoyler stands there a tad awkwardly as his fate is discussed in front of him. Well, I think that means he's accepted! Shoyler moves to dig the hilt of his warhammer into the ground, resting his arms on the head of the warhammer so he could lightly stretch. Mm.. Thanks for the information. A female leader? Cessie is a female name, correct? She must be quite the warrior to have earned her place as a commander here. At Marcus's jab, the cleric harrumphs loudly. Bah! I'm not that old just yet. When my work for Kelemvor is done, then I'll consider myself old. And my work won't be finished till I'm dead! Ahah! He looks down at Marcus, assessing him quietly. Are you alright? Did I getcha during the fight?

21. - Top - End - #1161

Entrance

After his meeting with Wenomir in Trog's, it takes a bit for Conor to get to Watchtower, but the bard skips happily as he sings bawdy songs on the road up to the gate. Once he reaches it, he'll tap on the gate with a bottle. "Hellooooo!"

Hospital Tower

Cutter looks thoughtful for a few moments before giving Cessie a warm smile. "I want them. I just wish I didn't have to do it alone, but I suppose once I have them I won't be my myself anymore."
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    [Meeting Room]

There's another little twitch, but DC keeps his tone level nonetheless. "Most apocalypses have been stopped by small groups. I know, I've been part of several. Forces like those I supply are best at containing the damage, rather than stopping them directly. For example, while it predates my operations, what would have become of Inside with no Empire? Additionally, improving conditions in the Nexus can only help to prevent future apocalypse attempts, considering the motives behind some of them. By all means, if anyone wants to step up to help others fight apocalypses and invasions themselves, they should...although I'd prefer it if it was run by me first. We don't fight every battle by ourselves, and our operations should reflect that."

Who is this guy and what has he done with the rage-filled lunatic?
    [Meeting Room]

"Yes, most, which would be a good track record if we weren't talking about apocalypses DC. By definition, failing to stop even one would mean the end of the world. I see what you're saying though, people need infrastructure that acts to prevent these things before the grow too large." Cessie replies. "We need to be less reactive and more proactive in our efforts, perhaps having some sort of spy network in the cities? You know I hired MERC to spy on AMEN, but why stop there? We could have Watchtower agents see what's going on in all the major cities so we can strike early and fast before lives are lost. Then perhaps armies won't be needed, and if they are we call Remnant for support"

Entrance

"Hello yourself." Replies the black-hired woman coming out from the keep, closely followed by an gargoyle. "You've come to Watchtower, how can we help you?" She asks with a small smile.

Hospital Tower

"It-it's a big decision. I wasn't sure myself if I should get children or not for a very long time." Cessie admits. "Watchtower will of course help you take care of them and- uh, I have a friend who knows a great deal about taking care of babies." More than she did, but she wasn't sure how much of it applied to whatever Cutter was having.

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

"Let's see..." Wenomir taps his chin. "To save time, I'll put you through the same test, unless you have objections. It'll be a general aptitude test. Get read."

[Meeting Room]

Wenomir can be skipped for now.

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Ogre in the Playground

Medical Tower

"I appreciate the assistance, but that wasn't the kind of companionship I meant." Cutter admits with a small smile. "I'll be sure to ask the moment I need something however. I don't expect the two to be normal children though. I can already sense that much at least."

Entrance

"Hello!" Conor yells with a grin and a wave. "Wenomir sent me so I could join!" He admits before holding up his mandolin and waving it. "I'm a bard!"

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Orc in the Playground

[Meeting Room]

DC sighs. "We are not required to deal with everything ourselves, and those armies I'm supporting like living as much as anyone else does, so they can be trusted to do what is necessary. Dealing with these situations in Inside is precisely why I support the military and law enforcement there. As long as we are acting to increase the Nexus's preparedness for apocalyptic events, we are doing our jobs...and I think I'm doing it quite well. If we had some similar support in place for other cities, that would be ideal...but I don't see that being possible in Riverside and Skyside. I did have an arrangement with Tenebras, but I felt it was untenable after they pointed my own guns at me."

That does tend to be a bit of a dealbreaker.

"Beyond that, the factional nature of both makes them impossible to fully support through Evolution Industries...and to be blunt, I refuse to support that slaving oxygen-starved anarchic hellhole."

DC doesn't like Skyside, apparently.
    Last edited by Darkcomet; 2014-03-18 at 11:27 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

25. - Top - End - #1165

[Meeting Room]

Cessie is quite used to DC's sigh's and groans by now. "Yes, I agree that we can't deal with everything ourselves right now DC, hence why I said we'd call Remnant for support if needed. But I think that might be a goal to strive for in case the situation changes. In any case, have you tried speaking to the two other factions in Riverside? If we had some informants in the city we might understand their interests better and work with them. I know you're disappointed the choose to go the diplomatic approach with AMEN rather than attack them outright but we can't let that stop us from working together. As you said, it would be ideal to have a working network. I think we should go out and talk to them and see if anything can be done rather than brooding her in silence." She replies. "At the same time we could try to set up some sort of spy network, though honestly I'm clueless on that front. Perhaps we could just hire MERC to do it for us."

Medical Tower

"Eh, well either nothing or everything is normal in the nexus Cutter. I'm sure you'll find someone of that companionship too. But if there is anything I can do to help you, just say so." She had the feeling she might regret that offer however.

Entrance

A bard. Like Aegnor. "So I see." She says with a look at the mandolin. "Any particular talents or interests beyond 'barding'?"

26. - Top - End - #1166

Training Grounds

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Shoyler stands there a tad awkwardly as his fate is discussed in front of him. Well, I think that means he's accepted! Shoyler moves to dig the hilt of his warhammer into the ground, resting his arms on the head of the warhammer so he could lightly stretch. Mm.. Thanks for the information. A female leader? Cessie is a female name, correct? She must be quite the warrior to have earned her place as a commander here. At Marcus's jab, the cleric harrumphs loudly. Bah! I'm not that old just yet. When my work for Kelemvor is done, then I'll consider myself old. And my work won't be finished till I'm dead! Ahah! He looks down at Marcus, assessing him quietly. Are you alright? Did I getcha during the fight?
    Training Grounds

Well, his fate isn't discussed in front of him, he is in the discussion as well.

"No you can't Marcus. You have to be at least a member to do this." Well that's the rule you find in the first post. Mia turns to Shoyler "It's still your choice if you want to stay here."
    Last edited by Zefir; 2014-03-18 at 09:18 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Halfling in the Playground

Training Grounds

Marcus nods his head. As you say, I am still fairly new to the Nexus in general...
    He looks up from his pulsing red gladius, Shoyler, I am fine, the Rune of Protection on my helmet spared me a cracked skull. I have just been tired of late, due to some injuries I acquired. He grimaces at the memory, and takes off his armor to clean that as well. Mia and Shoyler might notice the bulge around his torso from many bandages, though they are hidden by his tunic.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1168

[Training Grounds]

"Let's see..." Wenomir taps his chin. "To save time, I'll put you through the same test, unless you have objections. It'll be a general aptitude test. Get read."

[Meeting Room]

Wenomir can be skipped for now.
    Misaka nods as she gets into a combat stance, fingers crackling with electricity.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #1169

[Training Grounds]

Misaka nods as she gets into a combat stance, fingers crackling with electricity.
    [Training Grounds]

Cerise waves her hand, a long spike of pale green extending from her.

"Ready..." Her voice seems quite a bit calmer and less hesitant than before, and her eyes are blank and serious.
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2014-03-18 at 02:52 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Ogre in the Playground

Entrance

"Does a liver that can't seem to be killed off count as an ability? I've tried everything I can to damage the pesky thing, but it seems I can't."
    Conor mentions with a grin. "Overall I'm a bit of a scrapper but I doubt I could hold up in a big fight. Overall I'm here more for morale than for fightin'."

Hospital Tower

Cutter smiles a bit and runs her fingers through her hair to swing it back behind her ear. "As much as I appreciate the sentiment, I doubt even my appearance could be considered attractive enough in this realm to draw a permanent companion."