New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 17 - Where you know all your friends and all your enemies

Sophie and Copi's Place

She has a mouth, but it doesn't have to move when she talks, it seems.

She moves one arm a bit, waving it in the air. "I can feel... air movement. No, air staying still, as my arm moves through it. Odd. There is silence for hearing, and darkness for sight, emptiness for smell, is there a null for touch?"

2. - Top - End - #692
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 17 - Where you know all your friends and all your enemies

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Maxwell's Office

The next scar is across Shark's bicep. This one looks more straightforward. "This? I was sneaking into a Langley camp and got caught like an idiot. Managed to escape, got winged there for my troubles."

Fettina's Place Numero Dos

"So. You crash up at the top of this ivory, right?" Cassidy says, squeezing Tina's hip.
    [Maxwell's Office]

I should note, the food's delectable. The seafood is, for the most part, drowned in butter and coconut sauces. "Infiltrate? Just what all are you trained in?" Maxwell asks, propping his chin on the heel of his hand and watching Shark intently. He smiles coyly. "If you can, of course, tell me without having to kill me."

[Fettina's Place Numero Dos]

"Um. Well. Near the top. Some jackass richer than me, you know how it is," Tina says, as though everyone were loaded. She waves her hand dismissively, and a bit drunkenly. She wobbles forward a little, arm around Cassidy. "C'mon, I'll show you."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2014-03-31 at 09:47 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #693
    Barbarian in the Playground

Maxwell's Office

Shark's palate isn't exactly refined; anything that's not an MRE tastes great to him. "We're just mercs. That's all." It's a lie, of course. Mercenaries don't normally go off into CIA camps or fight giant robots.

Fettina's Place Numero Dos

"Ha! For me, you're the rich jackass. I'd be living in some gutter back in the Seattle plex," Cassidy says. She does her best to keep Tina from falling over, but she's obviously a bit tipsy herself.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Brendan Shop - House of Hobbies, was it?]

A visitor arrives, carrying a small cardboard box which looks as though it's seen better days. He sets about looking for the proprietor, that is, someone he thinks looks like himself, or who is clearly in charge of the place.
    Speaking of the place, the man himself hardly seems to belong in it. He has the rugged, hand-repaired outfit of someone who lives far from the city, if not in veritable wilderness.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #695
    Troll in the Playground

[Brendan House of Hobbies, indeed]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    A visitor arrives, carrying a small cardboard box which looks as though it's seen better days. He sets about looking for the proprietor, that is, someone he thinks looks like himself, or who is clearly in charge of the place.
    Speaking of the place, the man himself hardly seems to belong in it. He has the rugged, hand-repaired outfit of someone who lives far from the city, if not in veritable wilderness.
    It isn't long before the visitor can find the proprietor, Brendan himself, the fellow with the sandy-brown hair currently being involved in cleaning the dust off of a model railroad display. It's been a little while since it was run, after all, and dust on the rails is a problem in small scales.

He looks up as he hears the customer(?) approaching, smiling. "Hello, there. How can I help you today?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #696

"Brendan, right? I'm Felix. We've made you a present." The sandy-brown haired young man replies. He holds out the box.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #697
    Troll in the Playground

Brendan blinks in surprise at both the young man's odd familiarness, and the gift being offered, and then with a smile reaches to take it.

"Ah, thank you. You're...from Ashna's world, right? Forgive me, it's been quite awhile," he says apologetically, even as he takes the box and, presumably, sets about opening it!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

8. - Top - End - #698

[Maxwell's Office]

Maxwell has a good laugh at that. "Oh, yes, and I'm merely Elexxion's janitor." Even if Shark's a good liar, Maxwell doubts he's just a regular old merc.

[Fettina's Place 2!]

"Hey, m'not a jackass..." Tina murmurs as they stumble into the main lobby together. It's... quite barren and neo-modern. Shimmering chrome walls, no building personnel in sight, and three illustrious elevators set into the curved side of the building's tremendous core spire. She puts her hand against a small, unassuming square on the wall to call the nearest elevator.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #699

Maxwell's Office

"Huh. I guess janitors get good benefits in your time," Shark says without missing a beat. "Good for you."

Fettina's Place 2

"Hot damn, this place looks corp. As corp as corpses get. How can you stand it?" Cassidy asks. The lobby reminds her of a couple of places that her runs had taken her.

10. - Top - End - #700

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Brendan blinks in surprise at both the young man's odd familiarness, and the gift being offered, and then with a smile reaches to take it.

"Ah, thank you. You're...from Ashna's world, right? Forgive me, it's been quite awhile," he says apologetically, even as he takes the box and, presumably, sets about opening it!
    "I'm from the Nexus, man, just slightly out of the time you might expect. I'm your grandson."
    The box contains an H0 scale model of the engine car of one of the crystal trains from that world, which he might remember travelling on.
    "And I figure, we ought to be closer a family than mother has had us all be."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Aw, man, don't give em' the Moose Tracks," Adir complains, crossing his arms. But he sees her plan. A grin forms at his wife's devious nature. "Y'know, I never tried givin' em ice cream before..."
    [The Frescot Home]

"Well if they like sweet things, I don't see how they couldn't like ice cream." The dryad grabs a spoon and takes a scoop for herself. "So do you think we should wait in here, or the other room, or what?"

12. - Top - End - #702
    Troll in the Playground

[Brendan's House of Hobbies]

"I'm from the Nexus, man, just slightly out of the time you might expect. I'm your grandson."
    The box contains an H0 scale model of the engine car of one of the crystal trains from that world, which he might remember travelling on.
    "And I figure, we ought to be closer a family than mother has had us all be."
    "Well, that's a very nice model. VERY nice. And thanks...wait, what?"
    Brendan's brain finally catches up to what Felix had been saying, and he blinks in surprise!
    It takes a moment for him to process this information, although he manages not to faint from the shock. Before finally extending his hand with a smile.
    "I...suppose I shouldn't be surprised, with the way things are around here. And...well, it's good to meet you. I hope we'll get along well."

Inside, of course, there is a little voice screaming that he's too young to be a grandfather.

===

[East Dakotas]

Jamie approaches an apartment building, humming to herself. She'd learned something that had made her...curious. And while curiosity may kill the cat, satisfaction brings them back! And thusly she heads in search of satisfaction. And possibly getting Involved In Things.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #703

The East Dakota

Located in an upperclass area of Eastside, these apartments are famous for their expense and luxury. The door is opened for Jamie by a clockwork automaton in an immaculate white uniform. After confirming her identity and calling up to the apartment to find out if she's expected, of course. After navigating the elevator, the redheaded princess will find a girl a few years older than her waiting in the hall. She has strawberry-blonde hair, emphasis on the strawberry, pulled back in a pony-tail, which shows that her ears are a little bit pointy. Her whole face has a quietly elfin appearance to it, but her brown eyes and frame are distinctly human. Her outfit is an interesting blend of schoolgirl uniform and wizard robes. Hi! You must be Jamie Druid. I can totally see the family resemblance; you look just like a younger version of your aunt!
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

14. - Top - End - #704
    Troll in the Playground

[The East Dakota]

"That's me. You would be...Ianthe, right?" Jamie asks, smiling brightly at the girl and offering her hand in greeting - before something clicks in her mind and she tilts her head curiously. "Wait, aunt?" she asks, blinking in surprise. "What aunt?"

She doesn't have an aunt!
    At least, as far as she knows.

Silly Toby...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #705

[The East Dakota]

Yup, that's me! Ianthe takes Jamie's hand with a grin that falters. Tovia Solomon? The owner of this apartment, because there's no way you thought a high school girl could afford a place this swanky. The guy who said he was your father said she was his sister. Do you know a gorgeous redhead who looks somewhat like you? Her hands describe a figure about a foot taller and not nearly as flat in the air, as if that will help Jamie remember the time she saw her father and Reinholdt while they were genderbent.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

16. - Top - End - #706
    Troll in the Playground

And it's at this point that, if Jamie's hand wasn't taken by Ianthe's, she'd be facepalming.

"Dad may have failed to address a few details," she observes, sighing slightly, but with her own grin not faltering. "Guess I get to make even more new friends today!" Giggling softly, she shakes her head. "And this is a pretty swanky place," she admits.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #707

"Well, that's a very nice model. VERY nice. And thanks...wait, what?"
    Brendan's brain finally catches up to what Felix had been saying, and he blinks in surprise!
    It takes a moment for him to process this information, although he manages not to faint from the shock. Before finally extending his hand with a smile.
    "I...suppose I shouldn't be surprised, with the way things are around here. And...well, it's good to meet you. I hope we'll get along well."

Inside, of course, there is a little voice screaming that he's too young to be a grandfather.
    "It's got a little solid-flame reservoir engine in it, so it'll run along." Felix goes to shake his hand, putting his other arm around Brendan's shoulder to steady him.
    "Hey, careful now, pal. Anyway, mother took it really hard that you were human, but the rest of us are alright. I'm sure we'll get along fine."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #708
    Troll in the Playground

"It's got a little solid-flame reservoir engine in it, so it'll run along." Felix goes to shake his hand, putting his other arm around Brendan's shoulder to steady him.
    "Hey, careful now, pal. Anyway, mother took it really hard that you were human, but the rest of us are alright. I'm sure we'll get along fine."
    "...thanks. Every time I think I've stopped being surprised by everything this place has..." Brendan shakes his head, laughing softly. "And it seems I need to do a little re-planning of how I'm going to help raise our kids perhaps. But yeah, we'll get along fine...so..." He pauses, taking a deep breath. "Maybe I should close up for the day, and we can do the 'I'm your kid from the future, lets get to know each other' thing over some grapefruit juce?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #709

[Maxwell's Office]

Max swats Shark's arm, smirking. "Smartass. Ah, I might as well be. All the messes they have me cleaning up."

[Fettina's Place 2]

"No, girl, it's not like I live in the ****in' lobby. This stuff is for robots n' over-augged creeps," Tina says as the elevator arrives. It opens upon a bare, boring compartment, beckoning them inside with a friendly blip. "My place's got style. It's mellow," She wobbles her hand in a wavy motion. "Smoooth."

[The Frescot Home]

"We... should probably hide," Adir says, pulling on her shoulder and moving into the other room. He peeks around at the lonely icecream carton. "Um... what's the plan then? Y'know, when they jump on the bait?" The stag seems like he's having fun at any rate.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2014-04-01 at 10:35 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #710

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Hildur's Cave]
    Thryza kisses her head, stroking her hair. "We'll never be apart again, sugar... my soon-to-be-wife."
    Hildur sighs in bliss and places her fingertips on Thyrza's cheek. "I love you, Thyrza. I always will."

Maxwell's Office

"Heh, I've had to clean up a mess or two myself at MSF," Shark says. "Probably nothing compared to what you deal with."

Fettina's Place 2

"It'd have to be smooth, if it's gonna match you," Cassidy says. "Wait, that line was lame."

21. - Top - End - #711
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hildur's Cave]
    Thryza snuggles closer and grins. Aw, sugar... mhhh, you wanna do something, or just keep snuggling?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

22. - Top - End - #712

"...thanks. Every time I think I've stopped being surprised by everything this place has..." Brendan shakes his head, laughing softly. "And it seems I need to do a little re-planning of how I'm going to help raise our kids perhaps. But yeah, we'll get along fine...so..." He pauses, taking a deep breath. "Maybe I should close up for the day, and we can do the 'I'm your kid from the future, lets get to know each other' thing over some grapefruit juce?"
    "Fine by me, Brendan. Soon as you tell me what a grape is." Felix takes a step away, as Brendan seems steady enough now.
    "I think, around here, we're going to keep being surprised by something or other. And let's not play up the future thing; that's mother. I'm just, I've always now."
    He offers to set the train down and help close up however he can.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #713

((Oh, Baron, I need a post from you in Watch. For Boris. Hopefully I haven't missed it >.>))

[Maxwell's Office]

"I deal with stupidity on an epic scale," Max enunciates slowly, swirling the wine in his glass. "Why sometimes I don't think anyone around here knows how to do their job but me. They're quite prepared to just... just let robots do it for them! I won't stand for this corporation being run by machines."

[Fettina's Place 2]

Tina has a silly little giggle at Cassidy's expense. "Yeah, it was." And with that, they can move inside the elevator. It'll shoot up to Tina's room in a matter of seconds, the compartment opening directly upon a small marble balcony simply... suspended in the elevator shaft, with Tina's slide-aside door set into the wall. 21125 is the number upon that door. A single light illuminates this platform, hanging free in the darkness.

The neon-eyed girl strolls up to the door and... looks to be thinking hard about something. The door opens, seemingly at her will. What it opens upon is a moderately sized, lavish apartment, continuous windows stretching all around its outer edge. There's a main living area, made with yellow stone and lush blue carpet, with a set of wide, curvaceous stairs leading up to different parts of Tina's little home. A pair of dark blue couches follow the curve of those stairs, granting the place a sinuous symmetry. Nude, occasionally erotic statues of the same yellowed stone adorn various pedestals and small fountains, from which a winding stream of water flows in a circle around the main room. The trickling water and gentle silence do lend a certain... mellow feeling to this place. There's other, more standard people-things - a TV suspended on the section of window between the two couches, a few dirty magazines she doesn't bother to hide just... lying about. Maybe not so standard.

Tina steps forward, turns, and holds her arms out, grinning like a fool. "Welcome to my humble abode."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2014-04-02 at 02:05 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #714

Hildur's Cave

"And what something did you have in mind?" Hildur asks.

Maxwell's Office

Shark almost bursts into laughter at the thought of robots doing a job. "Okay, that sounds ridiculous. Who wants a machine to run a company? They almost started a new World War back in my world, they can't run a business."

Fettina's Place 2

Cassidy steps into the apartment, keeping a thoroughly casual response to entering such a swank pad. "Yeah, humble. That's the word I think of." She grins and looks around at everything. "Very you, from what I've seen."

25. - Top - End - #715
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hildur's Cave]
    Thryza stretches, smiling.
    We could work on improving the cave a bit, add some stuff... or we could go out and get that bed. She giggles a little, winking.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

26. - Top - End - #716

[Maxwell's Office]

"See, that's what I said," Max replies, grinning amicably at his companion. The pale man shakes his head. "Unfortunately, given enough free reign, they most certainly can run a business. So too can they watch your home, care for your pets... start a war. See, Shark, what these people don't understand is that for the sake of convenience, they're giving up control of their lives."

[Fettina's Place 2]

"Very me?" Tina asks, walking up and putting her arms around Cassidy, pressing tightly against the runner's front. "What's the word for me then?" She hovers close to Cassidy's face, a few stray strands of dark, oily hair dangling on her cheeks.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #717

Hildur's Cave

"I think the bed can wait a few nights. We just got back from a long trip, after all," Hildur says. "Plus, we can still squeeze some use out of this, right?"

Maxwell's Office

Shark shakes his head as well. "I guess I just can't imagine that. Chalk it up to me being from a simpler time."

Fettina's Place 2

"What, you can't guess on your word?" Cassidy says with a smirk. Her hands drift over to Tina's lower back. "Everything here is so risqué." That might be the fanciest word she's ever said.

28. - Top - End - #718

[Maxwell's Office]

"Ah, yes, simpler. That's usually better, though," Max sighs. He downs what's left of his wine in one go.

[Tina's Place 2!]

While Tina actually quite likes that word, she plays coy. "Risqué? Me?" Alright, not that coy. She shamelessly starts to roll up Cassidy's shirt, stroking fingertips along the valley of her back.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #719

Maxwell's Office

"...Well. Now I feel great about everything," Shark says, obviously not actually feeling great about everything. He takes another sip of wine.

Fettina's Place 2

"I know, isn't that crazy?" Cassidy leans her head back when Tina starts touching her - the spot she's stroking is a rather sensitive one for her.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hildur's Cave]
    Thryza sits on the edge of the futon. Mm, that's true... She turns to caress her fiancee's hair.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show