New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: AtlanteanTroll's Additional Tirade @ Atrocious Threads Random Banter #207

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Ah, but the grad caps are fun! (Congrats.)
    Here's a picture, though I lost my hat after the whole throw-it-in-the-air thing. That thing I'm holding is the place you put your diploma (and the thing they actually handed out ceremonially) - they didn't actually put them in, you had to go get them after.
    Spoiler: My first picture of myself on these forums. Also anywhere else online, as far as I'm aware.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #962
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: AtlanteanTroll's Additional Tirade @ Atrocious Threads Random Banter #207

Flawed logic, I think, as the one shot contest was global. But regardless of that, does it really? I never bothered renewing my subscription when Jump went online. Now I just buy Tankoban.
    Yes, they do actually care about the west as well. It's really cool. We're part of why Assassination Classroom got an english release at all.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Yes, they do actually care about the west as well. It's really cool. We're part of why Assassination Classroom got an english release at all.
    thank you

i love that manga, which reminds me, need to check websites to see if it updated, i've missed quite a bit i think
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

4. - Top - End - #964
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Here's a picture, though I lost my hat after the whole throw-it-in-the-air thing. That thing I'm holding is the place you put your diploma (and the thing they actually handed out ceremonially) - they didn't actually put them in, you had to go get them after.
    Spoiler: My first picture of myself on these forums. Also anywhere else online, as far as I'm aware.
    Show
    Much silliness you have to put in the diploma yourself. You're a high school graduate, not a rocket scientist. What do they want from you, work?

Huh. Would have thought it's sales in Japan would be enough... I just really want Shaman King Flowers in English.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

5. - Top - End - #965

Huh. Would have thought it's sales in Japan would be enough... I just really want Shaman King Flowers in English.
    Assassination Classroom is the last series anyone expected to get taken over to the states, regardless of popularity. It's about a teacher teaching students how to kill him, and prominently features guns and knives in a school environment.

What I'm saying is that if the crazy people who make a big fuss out of stuff saw this, they'd make a REALLY big fuss out of this.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I know it, I'm just not all to surprised.

7. - Top - End - #967

I know it, I'm just not all to surprised.
    Also it'd be really tough to translate because of all the puns.

But yeah, noted. I'm very surprised myself. Anyway, the new series by the mangaka who did Barrage is...I forget the title, but it's a super hero academy series.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Also it'd be really tough to translate because of all the puns.

But yeah, noted. I'm very surprised myself. Anyway, the new series by the mangaka who did Barrage is...I forget the title, but it's a super hero academy series.
    i've watched online translators have so much difficulty with those puns i felt so bad for them
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

9. - Top - End - #969
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Here's hoping he plays the right cliches. Do we have a name or any other info yet?

10. - Top - End - #970
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Get on Twitter and start a #hashtag.
    #supportourmangas
    Note: I am not trying to offend anybody who supports troops.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Troll in the Playground

Guys, I just found out I passed my exams

This means:
    1) Pay increase
    2) Bonus!
    3) One step closer to my qualification

So there will be drinking tonight...
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

12. - Top - End - #972
    Titan in the Playground

Memo to self - do not watch good horror movies just before going to bed. The nightmares aren't worth it.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

13. - Top - End - #973
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Memo to self - do not watch good horror movies just before going to bed. The nightmares aren't worth it.
    But that's the only logical time to watch good horror movies. Otherwise what's the point
    Awesome fremetar by wxdruid.

From the discomfort of truth there is only one refuge and that is ignorance. I do not need to be comfortable, and I will not take refuge. I demand to *know*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zale View Post
    Also, this is the internet. We're all borderline insane for simply being here.
    So I guess I have an internets? | And a trophy. | And a music cookie (whatever that is).

14. - Top - End - #974

Here's hoping he plays the right cliches. Do we have a name or any other info yet?
    We have a title I just forget it. Just found it though. It's called "Boku no Hero Academia"

15. - Top - End - #975
    Titan in the Playground

Boku? Is that "hijinks" in Japanese?

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

16. - Top - End - #976
    Titan in the Playground

Can we just take youtube out back and shoot it before google does anything else to it... this is starting to hurt just to watch.

It's bad enough that every playlist I have now has autoplay on by default (and I can't change it at all), but now I have no way to get into my favorites list? ffs youtube, get your head out of your ass... I should not be looking for 'youtube, but less sucky'
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2014-06-27 at 08:32 AM.
    Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

17. - Top - End - #977

Boku? Is that "hijinks" in Japanese?
    No, you goof. Boku no Hero Academia means "My Hero Academia"

At least as far as I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Can we just take youtube out back and shoot it before google does anything else to it... this is starting to hurt just to watch.

It's bad enough that every playlist I have now has autoplay on by default (and I can't change it at all), but now I have no way to get into my favorites list? ffs youtube, get your head out of your ass... I should not be looking for 'youtube, but less sucky'
    You can turn autoplay off.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

That should be correct. "Boku" is a masculine form of "I" in Japanese.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Titan in the Playground

You can turn autoplay off.
    Yes but how do you stop it from turning back on every time you switch videos after longer than 5 minutes?
    Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #980

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Yes but how do you stop it from turning back on every time you switch videos after longer than 5 minutes?
    That...it should only turn back on if you leave the playlist.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Titan in the Playground

I think "Hero Academia Hinjinks" would have been a much better title.

― Tim Fargo

22. - Top - End - #982

I think "Hero Academia Hinjinks" would have been a much better title.
    Well maybe that's what it'll be dubbed as. Anyway, it's not a gag series, so there won't be much hjinks that you're thinking of. From what we know of the short description of the series, it's..."The story is set in the modern day, except people with special powers have become commonplace throughout the world. A boy named Izuku Midoriya has no powers, but he still dreams."

23. - Top - End - #983
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So Sky High, the manga?

24. - Top - End - #984
    Titan in the Playground

Found two bird legs on the floor this morning. I guess that answers what my cat was munching on last night.

― Tim Fargo

25. - Top - End - #985

So Sky High, the manga?
    ...basically yes, but I don't remember that movie enough to say for sure. It's about a hero school, so I suppose.

Found two bird legs on the floor this morning. I guess that answers what my cat was munching on last night.
    Awe, he gave you left overs.

26. - Top - End - #986
    Ettin in the Playground

So Sky High, the manga?
    Sky High... PS238... There are plenty of thingidoodles* with the premise of "superhero school." It almost has become overdone at this point! Not quite, though.

*Firefox's spell-check suggested "bloodletting."
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

27. - Top - End - #987
    Titan in the Playground

Watching Batman Returns. It suffers from, among other things, the problem of convincing us that Michelle Pfeiffer is unattractive. Buffy had a similar problem with Alysson Hannigan.

― Tim Fargo

28. - Top - End - #988
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

...basically yes, but I don't remember that movie enough to say for sure. It's about a hero school, so I suppose.
    Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Sky High... PS238... There are plenty of thingidoodles* with the premise of "superhero school." It almost has become overdone at this point! Not quite, though.

*Firefox's spell-check suggested "bloodletting."
    Did PS238 also star a character with no powers in said superhero school, though?

Also, the Hell, Firefox.

29. - Top - End - #989

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
    I don't see anything wrong with that though. So long as it's presented well, and I know it will because the two other serialized series he's made are REALLY good. We just...need more attention.

30. - Top - End - #990
    Ettin in the Playground

Did PS238 also star a character with no powers in said superhero school, though?
    Yes. His parents were two of the most powerful superheroes (official term: "metahumans") of all time, and basically strong-armed the school's management into accepting him, and listing his powers as "pending." He never gains powers, but he does gain a duplicate, and the duplicate gains powers.

Read the strip. Seriously. It's over here.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2014-06-27 at 10:54 AM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.