New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Outside 40: It's all downhill from here

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Peaceful Spring]

Nope, Kitty is still there as Obriane and Invidia emerge again. She can't just dive under and leave Annie floating there. "Wish for anything good?" She asks the both of them. She moves closer to Obriane, her attention more on her. When Annie sees Obriane is closer, she smiles and bounces in her little floatation tube.
    Indicia shrugs.
    Good is debatable, really.
    She replies simply.
    ((Hey, I'm just making sure I'm prepared if the wishes made actually do come true.))
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #812
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

[Darkwater Mine]

Wraal points the flashlight towards the source of the voice, his own one echoing through the shaft. "We didn't encounter anyone both alive and sane, up there. Now, show yourself!"
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

3. - Top - End - #813

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbolic sine View Post
    [Darkwater Mine]

Wraal points the flashlight towards the source of the voice, his own one echoing through the shaft. "We didn't encounter anyone both alive and sane, up there. Now, show yourself!"
    We're with MERC, SHEOL contracted us to take care of the monster problem down here!
    Sophia replies, gripping her blades
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

4. - Top - End - #814

[Peaceful Spring]

Nope, Kitty is still there as Obriane and Invidia emerge again. She can't just dive under and leave Annie floating there. "Wish for anything good?" She asks the both of them. She moves closer to Obriane, her attention more on her. When Annie sees Obriane is closer, she smiles and bounces in her little floatation tube.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Indicia shrugs.
    Good is debatable, really.
    She replies simply.
    ((Hey, I'm just making sure I'm prepared if the wishes made actually do come true.))
    [Darkwater Mine]

Whoever is shouting is probably hiding behind a mine cart at the right wall as that's where the voice is coming from. "Those are two opposing organizations and you didn't answer my question! Who hired you?!" The voice demands.
    In the files Dena gave her Sophie will know that Malechenar hired MERC to clear out the mine for them, SHEOL had nothing to do with this though.

[Peaceful Spring]

Obriane smiles widely. "Yup, but you should get a wish too Kitty! I can take care of Annie." She swims closer to the baby and her flotation device.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

[Darkwater Mine]

Wraal points a finger towards Sophia, saying "She hired me". Then, with a more aggressive tone, he barks "But you're not in a position to ask questions! Identify yourself!" while making a gesture as if he was reverse-slapping the air in front of him: the mine cart, after being briefly surrounded by a blueish halo, will suddenly be launched into the air, before (if nothing prevents the fall or modifies the trajectory) crashing into the ground somewhere left (from Wraal's point of view) of its previous position.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ogre in the Playground

[Peaceful Spring]

"Sure, alright. Keep a close eye on her." Kitty nudges Annie next to Obriane. Once she sees she has the baby well in hand, Kitty gives Obriane a smile and dives under.

While her mom is under, Annie reaches out to investigate Obriane's hand with her own. Someone who's not mommy is holding her! That's okay, though. She recognizes Obriane as a friendly face. She laughs and tugs at Obriane's fingers.

Kitty isn't down for long, of course. She emerges close to Invidia and catches her breath. "Oh boy, that used to be way easier." She's a little bit out of shape even now.

7. - Top - End - #817

[Darkwater Mine]

Wraal points a finger towards Sophia, saying "She hired me". Then, with a more aggressive tone, he barks "But you're not in a position to ask questions! Identify yourself!" while making a gesture as if he was reverse-slapping the air in front of him: the mine cart, after being briefly surrounded by a blueish halo, will suddenly be launched into the air, before (if nothing prevents the fall or modifies the trajectory) crashing into the ground somewhere left (from Wraal's point of view) of its previous position.
    Sophia doesn't flinch as the cart flies by her.
    my apologies, I meant Malenchar. I got the two mixed up, I'm afraid.
    She replies.
    [Peaceful Spring]

"Sure, alright. Keep a close eye on her." Kitty nudges Annie next to Obriane. Once she sees she has the baby well in hand, Kitty gives Obriane a smile and dives under.

While her mom is under, Annie reaches out to investigate Obriane's hand with her own. Someone who's not mommy is holding her! That's okay, though. She recognizes Obriane as a friendly face. She laughs and tugs at Obriane's fingers.

Kitty isn't down for long, of course. She emerges close to Invidia and catches her breath. "Oh boy, that used to be way easier." She's a little bit out of shape even now.
    If you want I can always help you fix that....
    She offers, smiling.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

8. - Top - End - #818

[Darkwater Mine]

The mine cart is thrown away, revealing a rugged-looking goblin that was hiding behind it. Unlike the other goblins they seen so far he's dressed in a bloodstained leather armor with a hood pulled over his head. In his hand he's clutching a crossbow shakily. He looks worn out and dangerously thin and most of all twitchy. So as the mine cart is suddenly pulled away he screams and quickly aims the crossbow towards Wraal. "Gah! Botznik!"

[Peaceful Spring]

Obriane smiles as she holds Annie tight, but not too hard either. Afraid of hurting the little girl. When Kitty comes up however she laughs at Invidia's suggestion. "What do you mean?" The changeling asks curiously.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ogre in the Playground

[Peaceful Spring]

"Uh, yeah. What she said." Kitty says, sounding quite confused. The only person not confused is Annie! And that's because she's too busy grabbing at Obriane's arm. And because she doesn't understand a word of it.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler: Barren Waste
    Show
    [Barren Waste]
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "He wishes for nothing but peace," the cat head says. "But he fears that his tormentors will follow him here, and seek to do him harm." "And you..." the wolf head adds. "You seem to have a traitor's smell about you. A faint one. Could be you spoke to one of those who so cruelly turned on him."
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Krayger snorts derisively. "I wonder how many of used the phrase 'wants nothing but peace' and actually meant it? More often a lie than the truth, but let's be optimistic on this one. In terms of your nose, let's be honest here. I live in a city. Chances are with strong enough senses I've got on me the faint smell of every kind of being in existence, and several that aren't." says the minotaur, crossing his arms and looking quite impassive.

The man shifts uncomfortably.

It has no conclusive, prior knowledge of our connections. Interesting. It would seem the King's minions are ill-informed, at the least.

"Could you tell us who exactly is hunting you and your king then? Perhaps we could assist you." says Suscipio. His eyes peer into the wolf head's eyes, searching for a reaction.

Spoiler: Frozen Forest
    Show
    [Frozen Forest - Mjög Kalt]
    Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Stórhríð, the Fell Blizzard, as Vynris would now be known, responds eagerly to his master's call, roaring out a response and bounding forward, wielding his sword far more easily than expected of a man his size.
    Já, Snjókomu, ég mun leiða fryst menn í verksmiðjunni til sigurs! The mad man of ice swings his blade forward, rallying the undead druids to his side, whereas previously they had been behind him, and he behind the Lich.
    The two minions and their lieutenant will rush forward, weariness no longer able to effect their undead bodies as they bear down upon the holy figure and his skeletal allies.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Snowfall walks slowly and steadily forward, the massive cleaver now clutched in it's gauntlet's, the blade held up high. Blizzard and the druids rush forward ahead of the armored creature. It appears that Snowfall is sending in his allies first, and taking his time to prepare for combat against the lich. Next round, the towering foe will be an arm's length away from the lich, however. This round is spent simply walking forward, preparing for the destruction that would come soon...

The undead flood the surface, scrambling and tearing at the dirt and snow, erupting forth to attack the lich's adversaries. They will attack with reckless abandon, gnashing and clawing at whatever they can. Bone hardened and crafted into lethal talons through the necromantic proficiency of the lich.

Raziel will busy itself with unleashing a barrage of its own positive energy, sifting through the air in an arc over the crowd like mortar fire. It would seem the lich had no intention of avoiding friendly fire, however. Should the bolts of holy energy hit undead directly they would suffer severely, as the essence that fuels their undeath is countered. If the bolts would barely catch an undead in the wake of the blast, it should only phase them momentarily.
    Last edited by Solidarity; 2014-07-05 at 01:29 AM.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

[Darkwater Mine]

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    "Gah! Botznik!"
    Whatever that meant, it sure sounded like an insult...and Wraal doesn't like to be insulted. "I recommend you put down that primitive weapon and explain us what happened here. I don't have much patience." he says, if possible even more intimidatingly than before.

12. - Top - End - #822

[Peaceful Spring]

"Uh, yeah. What she said." Kitty says, sounding quite confused. The only person not confused is Annie! And that's because she's too busy grabbing at Obriane's arm. And because she doesn't understand a word of it.
    Invidia isn't confused though!
    I mean I can always lend a hand at keeping in shape if you guys want.
    Invidia explains, blushing
    [Darkwater Mine]

Whatever that meant, it sure sounded like an insult...and Wraal doesn't like to be insulted. "I recommend you put down that primitive weapon and explain us what happened here. I don't have much patience." he says, if possible even more intimidatingly than before.
    Sophia silently watches wraal warily, keeping a firm grip on her blades.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

13. - Top - End - #823

[Darkwater Mine]

The goblin gives Wraal a defiant look but drops the weapon nevertheless. "Just get me out of this place and we'll talk. There is nothing down here for you to investigate." He manages to say without stuttering. He doesn't look to be in any condition to resist, nor put up any actual fight. He must have been down here quite a while considering hos starved he looks. Right besides him are a couple of bloody blankets which appears to be covering something up as well as a small pile of trash from various food containers.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Solidarity View Post
    [Frozen Forest - Mjög Kalt]

The undead flood the surface, scrambling and tearing at the dirt and snow, erupting forth to attack the lich's adversaries. They will attack with reckless abandon, gnashing and clawing at whatever they can. Bone hardened and crafted into lethal talons through the necromantic proficiency of the lich.

Raziel will busy itself with unleashing a barrage of its own positive energy, sifting through the air in an arc over the crowd like mortar fire. It would seem the lich had no intention of avoiding friendly fire, however. Should the bolts of holy energy hit undead directly they would suffer severely, as the essence that fuels their undeath is countered. If the bolts would barely catch an undead in the wake of the blast, it should only phase them momentarily.
    Frozen Forest - Skellur á Köldu Stáli

Stórhríð stops dead in his tracks, allowing the two undead druids to take the brunt of the positive energy. They collapse, only to rise again shortly thereafter to slay the skeletal minions and protect their lieutenant.
    Speaking of the cold warrior, he barrels past his fallen comrades with his shield up high, spinning and hacking and slashing until he his face to face with Raziel. Once he is within range, his steel blade becomes permeated with a magical, infective frost, which the Lich may want to avoid. Should he take too many wounds, the necromancer may find himself unable to move.
    Last edited by Aric Kale; 2014-07-05 at 01:43 PM.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

15. - Top - End - #825
    Titan in the Playground

[Barren Waste]

"You probably know them as goblins, hobgoblins and orcs," the wolf head says, staring Suscipio right in the eyes. The expression of its own eyes is nigh-impossible to read. "They're cruel, base creatures. They turned on us Fae, but they do not get along with the other mortals, either."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ogre in the Playground

Barren waste

Krayger nods.
    "Oh yeah, some of those live in the city. They seem to get along fine with their neighbors. So you'll probably have to watch those statements. Even if things seem like those from your own world they might be radically different. Wouldn't want to offend anyone." he says, managing to sound more polite than sarcastic.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

17. - Top - End - #827
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

[Katz Motel]

If anyone gets this, please help me. i am a prisoner in the Katz Motel. I decided to get a room here, as a midway point in my journey to Inside from my expedition to Mt. Enn. there is a cat person named Katz here, DON'T TRUST HIM! HE'S EVIL. There are many horrors here, zombies, demon, NIGHTMARES FROM DEEP INSIDE THE MIND! If anyone gets this, please, help me before its too late.

Frederick Crowley.

P.S. Dont, EVER, trust the cat

18. - Top - End - #828

[Peaceful Spring]

"Oh. Alright." Obriane didn't know she was fit or not. She'd like to think so at least as for as long as she could remember she had moved around one way or another. "Well, I doubt either of us need it that much." She looks down at Annie, "Your mom isn't that out of shape is she?"

19. - Top - End - #829
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

[Katz Motel]

I hide in a closet, hoping my distress message has had success in reaching someone on the Outside. What I know is its impossible for me too leave on my own free will. Im in Katz's world now, and i'm a mere play piece to him.
    I exit the closet, certain the latest nightmare has left. my black and white striped suit is torn, my tophat has been chewed by hounds, i'm deeply wounded in the arm from clawed hands grabbing at me, and my monacle is broke, making reading difficult.
    I search the bedroom i'm in, looking for supplies. i know sooner or later they'll find me again if i stay here. I find a lamp and a potion, which heals my wounds slightly. I also find alchemical supplies, which i take in my pack for potions later. I now brace myself and open the door to further explore the motel.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Troll in the Playground

Melody's Island - Barn

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Happy is a little thrown by this. If it's odd that Happy and Magtok are friends, what about Melody and... don't mention the cat. Don't mention the cat. Don't mention the cat. She takes a deep breath, and banishes omnicidal felines from her mind.

"I shouldn't tell Magtok's secrets, but he's actually a superhero," Happy says, with a crooked smile. She can't tell Melody about Magtok being the new head of HALO because that hasn't happened yet in this continuity. I think. "In fact, we were superheroing together, when one thing led to another and now..." Happy looks a bit self-conscious. "We're considering maybe... dating... each other..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    "Provided I stop doing nefarious things and keep to the straight and narrow," Magtok adds, even though that was never part of any agreement. If he says so now, he'll be bound to stick with this whole 'being a moral individual' thing, though. The more promises that would be broken if he does evil, the harder it'll be to do anything wicked and malicious.
    Melody blinks. Thinks for a moment. Shakes her head as if she didn't quite understand what she thinks she heard. What was that? I think I'm hearing a few things wrong. Did you say... Magtok's a superhero and.... she lowers herself back down. No, no. I'm... Yeah, I'm dreaming. I just need to wake-up. she nods her head. This is some kind of bizarro world. Up is down. Right is left. That sorta thing. she closes her eyes. Wake-up, wake-up, wake-up!

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

21. - Top - End - #831
    Troll in the Playground

Melody's Island - Barn

Happy gives a sad chuckle and leans down to kiss Melody on the forehead. "Oh darling, you always see the good in everyone. Can't you try for Magtok too... please?"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #832
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

[Katz Motel]

I open the door to a pitch black hallway. I turn on the lamp to get a good look of the area. It's narrow, with various paintings and sculptures on the wall. I dare not look at them closely, they're all horrific, and some look at me as I walk along my way, and move to new places when not in sight. There's only two places to go, left and right, so I go right. The motel always changes, so no use in relying on memory, only luck helps. There's a styled double door in front of me, which I open. It leads to an art exhibit, with a painter painting on a canvas in the middle. I turn around, only to have him speak.

"Hey, leavin so soon", he said as he turned his head to me, revealing his mummified features, "you haven't even browsed yet". He smiled, showing needle like teeth.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Barbarian in the Playground

Melody's Island - Barn

"It's okay, Melody has a point. I mean, it was mostly because Reinholdt said he was going to be superheroing, and I didn't want to be the loser who didn't jump on the opportunity to be a superhero in Skyside." Magtok claims, mentioning Reinholdt because he had no idea Happy was deliberately avoiding that. He's not being entirely honest, though. If it was all about jumping on fads and having fun, I don't think he would've been half as involved in trying to disrupt the slave trade.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

24. - Top - End - #834
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Invidia isn't confused though!
    I mean I can always lend a hand at keeping in shape if you guys want.
    Invidia explains, blushing
    [Peaceful Spring]

"Oh. Alright." Obriane didn't know she was fit or not. She'd like to think so at least as for as long as she could remember she had moved around one way or another. "Well, I doubt either of us need it that much." She looks down at Annie, "Your mom isn't that out of shape is she?"
    [Peaceful Spring]

Annie looks up at Obriane, understanding that she's being given attention but not why. Kitty just laughs. "Well maybe. It's mostly that I wasn't very active while I was pregnant. Nine months is lots of time to get out of shape."

25. - Top - End - #835

[Peaceful Spring]

Annie looks up at Obriane, understanding that she's being given attention but not why. Kitty just laughs. "Well maybe. It's mostly that I wasn't very active while I was pregnant. Nine months is lots of time to get out of shape."
    Invidia. blushes , embarrassed somewhat.
    I didn't mean any offense by it, Kitty. Just, you know, offering to help out a friend, that's all!
    She replies apologetically.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #836
    Firbolg in the Playground

Titan Watching [closed scene]

Dismounting from his horse, Yuki glances around the area. "This is the correct place, yes?"
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Troll in the Playground

Melody's Island - Barn

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Happy gives a sad chuckle and leans down to kiss Melody on the forehead. "Oh darling, you always see the good in everyone. Can't you try for Magtok too... please?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    "It's okay, Melody has a point. I mean, it was mostly because Reinholdt said he was going to be superheroing, and I didn't want to be the loser who didn't jump on the opportunity to be a superhero in Skyside." Magtok claims, mentioning Reinholdt because he had no idea Happy was deliberately avoiding that. He's not being entirely honest, though. If it was all about jumping on fads and having fun, I don't think he would've been half as involved in trying to disrupt the slave trade.
    Oh, Momma. I was just joking. Melody smiles up to Happy as she is kissed on the forehead. Magtok is.... the best cyborg I have ever met. she then looks over to Magtok. You better be good to her. Got it? she says, a little determined look on her face.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

28. - Top - End - #838
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

[Katz Motel]

The monster in front of me raises his clawed hand, and flicks it toward, causing the doors behind me to close. "It has been a long since i've had someone to look at my art, and I apologize, but i'm not gonna let you leave". He said in a calm, friendly, disturbing voice."at least, not yet, we've plenty of art to gaze at, and it's such a shame that very few get to see my... lovely, works."

I play along, "yes", I said, "it IS a pity". He chuckles, bearing nightmarish fangs once. "So? Shall we begin?" I reply. "Sure", then with a fake smile "This will be fun". "Yes, it shall be 'fun'". Then he began the tour of his art.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

[Darkwater Mine]
    "There is nothing down here for you to investigate."
    "Hmpf. On the elevator, then" Wraal replies, waiting for the goblin to get onto the platform before stepping on it himself. Then, realizing that they had not agreed on a way to signal when Wenomir would have had to raise the lift, the Krogan tries to do so by loudly calling out for the warrior and signaling with the flashlight.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Titan in the Playground

[Darkwater Mine]

Wenomir gets the message and turns the crank to bring the elevator up.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.