New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Skyside 3: Explore, Experiment, Explode

Thunderhead Alleys --> Arkant's Workshop

There's lots of good names out there. Recently I've been looking at Anglo-Saxon names, though the last character I named was named in Skyrim's Dragon Language, which is another good choice.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #422
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [En Route To Dead Dan's House!]

"And hot showers."

Toy distantly adds, as if in a dream. She wraps Shantelle's coat tight around her slender frame as she climbs up into the cabin of the truck.

Only then does she realize something awfully important!

"Do you know how to drive one of these things?"

Toy doesn't. It's not a skill that slave owners typically value as it facilitates escape more than anything else! If Shantelle does, off to Dan's they go!
    Shantelle nods, getting in the driver's seat. Yep! I was in the army, after all. I could teach you sometime, if you want.

Onward! Dedicate your beating hearts to humanity!
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

Thunder Row

The Blooming May returns. Valcario steps off, wondering what he will run into this time in this city. No telling what you'll run into in Skyside. He pats his belt where his revolver and gearforged scimitar were holstered and sheathed respectively. Always had to be ready to draw those when entering here. He goes to the nearest bar, put down some coins and asked:
    "Whats the news? I'm a little out of touch with whats been going on in Nexus. Also, rum please."
    Trying to become a crime lord, what was he thinking those month ago? He was too much of a free spirit for that. He disbanded his short-lived crew. No, he was just going to continue just being that free-spirited scoundrel who causes chaos wherever he goes. Like Deadpool, or Cap'n Jack Sparrow. Great men they are, played cards with them more than once, always fun to do: everyone cheats, everyone knows it, and the fun is in figuring out how to outcheat them without getting caught cheating, the cards are not the real game really, just the stage for the real one going on. Thing is he never found out who wins in them because it always devolved into some sort of wider shenanigans that eventually causes them to wake up next morning in jail with three Twi'leks ladies and a goat made out of lightning, and that starts a little jailbreak adventure all of its own with little time to recollect what happened last night.

Point is: free spirit, don't ruin it. Ok MAYBE ruin it with being more good if he feels like it, but primary concern? freedom and individuality.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2014-08-06 at 04:16 AM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #424
    Troll in the Playground

The Heights

Spoiler: Previously...
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by blackouttwo View Post
    The Heights

Arthur's only reaction to Willow taking one of his cigars - There we go! More of my stuff! Please, take it! Grand! Superb! I didn't like it when my stuff was my stuff either! - was to, without missing a beat, raise his lit finger up to the one she popped in her mouth as he complied with her request. "Remember, babe. Taste, don't inhale." He tried to keep his tone from coming across as irritated as he did so.

Shouldn't encourage it. It's a filthy habit. More important, it's my filthy habit. And my cigar.

At least Tori was being searched for, now. They would have a solid lead. He had to thank Tester for that later, or pay him a bonus or something.

"Alright. Game plan. Gattle, you and your crew will be providing most of the muscle when we go in for our meeting with Darvulia, so your job is to cover us as we're leaving when the meeting goes south. Be ready. Tester, your job is to find Tori and Wes, and get them out. Keep us updated by radio. Reyna, keep your hoverbike in reserve and be ready to support Gattle and help us fight our way clear on my word." He glanced up at Willow, then at everyone else. "Tester, Marcus is with you on the rescue. And I'll need to have a talk with Jessica before we leave, after she's done with the fittings."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    The Heights

"We should set up some kind of signal, then," Gattle says, "Some way for us to know we should move in without you having to call us specifically. If they see you going for your phone and decide to not allow that, you'd be stuck if we don't have some other signal."
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    The Heights

Tester nods. "It shouldn't take him too long to come back." and then looking around and identifying Marcus, "How much experience am I working with?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    [The Heights]

Reyna has nothing to add here, since Gattle raised the issue of a signal already and she already pointed out that she was going to go test-fire to make sure this plan would work.

Willow tries to 'taste not inhale', but it isn't exactly a natural thing to do. She fights back the inevitable cough, and tries to disguise it by trying to speak over it. "Radio. I've got a toothcap transmitter and receiver version that works with subvocalizations. You listen for the codephrase, then push the weapons through the portal cloak that Jessica's making for Arthur. Suddenly, we're armed. When you hear gunfire, come in." Willow says. Despite the coughing littered through her words, she takes another puff off the cigar.

Maybe with some more practice, she'll pull off that cigar chomping look from The A-Team.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #425

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post

There's lots of good names out there. Recently I've been looking at Anglo-Saxon names, though the last character I named was named in Skyrim's Dragon Language, which is another good choice.

That's a good idea. This way his name stands for something and only a few know it.^^
    Viidost Kolkir carries the woman into the warehouse. And the first thing she might wonder is the look of the room. The first room shines in a bright white like a waiting room of a hospital. a few plant, chairs and desk with papers are placed around. Only two people seem to wait here, one a man wearing a poncho and resting in a corner, the other one just a normal worker. Viidost just pass the reception without saying anything. the woman behind the reception desk doesn't even pay attention. Viidost walks through the long floor which has several door that lead into operation rooms. He heads for a lift at the end of the floor. At this point the poison effect should fade away.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #426
    Orc in the Playground

Arkant's Workshop

The girl blinks in the light of the first room as her eyes adjust, but won't resist even when feeling is returned to her limbs. It's too late, she feels, for her to try to escape now. Besides, she's been told there's food here, and that's something she really wants.

I can't find Viidost, but I could translate his surname.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Heights

Arthur just pats Willow on the back slightly in that 'it's gonna be OK' manner as she coughs from the smoke she's inhaling. The look on his face is particularly flat and inexpressive at the moment, as if he would start gritting his teeth spontaneously if he wasn't making the effort to keep it fixed the way it was.

"Marcus, based on what I know of him, should be decent in a fight. Infiltrator, most likely. It'd be in the blood, since he's half-drow. Keep close to him and coordinate and you should be fine. As for the signal, it might be best to have a backup plan in case some kind of interference strikes at a bad time over the radio. A short-lived telepathy spell would probably do wonders for solving that problem."
    Vespe Ratavo slowly destroys the GRIMDARKNESS of Warhammer 40K

Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Said by Vespe Ratavo

Stealing romance novels from the tech-priests...we've seriously hit a new low...
    Destro says:
    Ok, it's allowed this once, but only because it gives Vespe the chance to crack awesome jokes

Vespe says:
    That could really be used to justify anything...

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

Let's Play Space Empires V

8. - Top - End - #428

Arkant's Workshop

The girl blinks in the light of the first room as her eyes adjust, but won't resist even when feeling is returned to her limbs. It's too late, she feels, for her to try to escape now. Besides, she's been told there's food here, and that's something she really wants.

I can't find Viidost, but I could translate his surname.
    Arkant's Workshop

Stange, maybe we use different sites.

Viidost will bring her down into the secret area. The lift needs a finger print and some other pins Down their, she wlaks along another floor. This one is much darker and the doors are all closed. Only a few people cross their way, but all seem to respect Viidost. They all avoid standing in his way. He will bring her into a room. The room is sparsely established. Just a table, a few chairs and a bed fill the room. Viidost will try to put her on one of the chairs befor he leaves through the door.
    ((Unless she leaves the room))
    It needs a few moments befor he returns with a plate in hand. The plate is fille with food. Chees bread and sausage also a bottle of water. After he put that on the table he speaks again.

"Eat, there is enougth. Take a nap I wiill wake you when it is time."

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ogre in the Playground

The Heights

Tester nods. "Ah, good. I can work with that. I'm afraid I don't know that one. Do you have one on hand? Else when Rush comes back I can use up another favor to have him pass the signal." he offers.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

10. - Top - End - #430
    Troll in the Playground

Attila the Hutt's Cantina

"[A sum which is above average, but not too suspiciously so]. I trust you find that acceptable?" The orc does have some wriggle room, should the smuggler wish to try to negotiate it upwards. He'd be surprised if she tried negotiating it downwards, but willing to go with that, too.
    "...that sounds reasonable enough," she agrees with a small nod, taking a deep breath. "I believe we have a deal enough to go on with it."

And she offers a hand to shake on it.

[Saturnine Tower]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "Very well, then," Tokmag says with a chuckle. "For [a high price], you can have this book for your beloved. It will introduce her to the secrets of goblin alchemy... if she proves capable of staring into the abyss without blinking. We shall see."
    Crissy gulps; the price was JUST a bit higher than she had been anticipating. But... "But, um, like, there's a risk, you know. I'm not sure that high a price is justified given that. Now if you could guarantee it, totally, but otherwise, I don't think I can go higher than [lower price, but not riduclously so]."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

11. - Top - End - #431
    Titan in the Playground

[Saturnine Tower]

"A risk? A risk of your lover not having the understanding to grasp our secrets, maybe," Tokmag says, with a sneer. "Ach, I suppose it's not worthy of a scion of the alchemical arts to profit by the gullibility of humans. You shall have this price."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Orc in the Playground

Arkant's Workshop

I use the Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages.

The girl won't run away or try to escape, but when presented with food will eat rapidly and ravenously, perhaps making herself ill from eating too rapidly after too long without food.

Attila the Hutt's Cantina

The orc smiles and accepts the handshake; his hand is much bonier than it looks. I can't recall if I mentioned when he arrived that he was coated in layers of illusion, but none are tactile illusions. "Excellent! I look forward to working with you, and I hope this leads to a long and profitable relationship."

13. - Top - End - #433
    Troll in the Playground

[Saturnine Tower]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "A risk? A risk of your lover not having the understanding to grasp our secrets, maybe," Tokmag says, with a sneer. "Ach, I suppose it's not worthy of a scion of the alchemical arts to profit by the gullibility of humans. You shall have this price."
    Crissy blinks in surprise; she'd expected to have to haggle further. The half-elf quickly collects herself, though, and gives a small curtsey. "Thank you, sir," she says, before rummaging into her purse for the appropriate funds. "I'm sure she'll surprise you and do you proud."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

14. - Top - End - #434
    Titan in the Playground

[Saturnine Tower]

"Humans don't surprise me, anymore," Tokmag says, as he waves a halfling to hand Crissy a thick, leather-bound tome. It has a single, thin and angular rune on the cover.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

15. - Top - End - #435

[Tempest Row]

Geneva is a pretty interesting creature. Exotic, even. In general shape she's a hippogriff, and she's huge. Nearly ten feet long and weighing in at roughly eight hundred pounds. Though that's just an estimate, it's rude to ask a lady how much she weighs. She boasts beautiful ash and slate grey feathers on her front half with a dappled snowflake pattern of the same color on her horse-like back half. The darker parts of her plumage shimmer with slight gold iridescence when the light hits her just right. Judging from her facial structure and crown feathers her eagle-part is clearly based on the harpy eagle, with a strongly hooked beak and dark eyes. A lion-like tail trains behind her, ending in a wide fan of feathers. Her hybrid traits aren't limited to the norm of a hippogriff, either. Her forelegs are equal parts lion and eagle, while her back legs have the strength and foundation of an earth pony combined with the nimble, cloven-hoofed grace of a unicorn. A bony plate runs up her forehead and parts at the crown, giving rise to a pair of curving maleficent-style draconic horns. What looks to be liquid gold runs along the grooves and spiraled fluting. Her wings, too, are equal parts griffin and dragon, both feathered and leathery giving rise to a visually pleasing hybrid of both. Though perhaps her strangest feature are the two golden D6 faces on her haunches, flush with her fur. Around each dot are tropical storm symbols of purple star sapphire, each slowly rotating and glittering in the sunlight. Given the way the metal flexes as she walks it appears to be part of her rather than some fancy bit of jewelry, as several would-be thieves have already found out.

In all, quite the unique prize for any feeling unscrupulous enough to try to capture her.

Geneva isn't here for the bars. Nor is she here to watch any griffins or pegasi who happen to be doing hard, sweaty work on the airships loading and unloading (though she does sneak a few looks should the chance arise). Nor is she here to haggle over spices, gold, or fancy rugs.

Nope!

Geneva is here to see if she can't find some information on a particular type of device that is, she discovered, really really illegal inside. They have a lot of names, depending on what universe the machine hailed from, but the end effect is more or less the same. They're designed to crack a hole in the fabric of reality. Thankfully, Geneva isn't wanting to create a bomb that would cause the tapestry of the cosmos to unravel, rather, she needs such a device to lay the foundation for a bridge between the Nexus and other universes that it touches only tangentially.

Why?

It would give her the means to create passages for all the poor, stranded people who can't get home.

Herself included.

And so to that end, she's asking around to see if anyone is familiar with the type of machine she's interested in. Anyone can with eyes in their head can see that she doesn't have much experience in information gathering. Geneva is certainly not the sort of person who would be considered street smart.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ettin in the Playground

Tempest Row

A Salamander comes up behind Geneva, staring intently at her haunches.

It's a real magic salamander, the color of flames with spots black as coal. Not quite as big as she is but still about seven feet long, not counting the tail. Quite stocky too, as his body is very low to the ground. Small flames flicker around it, though they don't appear to be actually burning anything. Along the Salamander's neck is a large spider tattoo, highlighted by the lack of flames coming from it.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

17. - Top - End - #437

[Tempest Row]

Is it because the haunches in question are really shiny? Because they are. What with being made of gold and gemstones. Oh hey, here comes another thief to try stealing the 'ornaments' that Geneva is 'wearing'. She doesn't even notice the guy coming up and trying to lift the Dice off her. There are already so many people bumping into her and touching her that she stopped paying attention to it some time ago. That, and the thief's partner is distracting the dracohippodicegriff with a collection of baubles. Mostly cheap copper ornaments plated with a thin layer of gold to look authentic.

"See miss? Aren't they lovely?" the con-man inquires as he drapes some 'gold' chains over her horns and offers her a little mirror. "The gold makes such a striking contrast with your dark colors."

Geneva tilts her head to the side a bit, looking in the mirror whilst the con-man gestures frantically to his associate to hurry up and steal the huge gold plates that Geneva appears to be wearing. The thief gestures back that he's not having any luck and quickly retreats before he gets caught.

"Well, it does look nice, I suppose. But it isn't really what I'm here for,"
    Geneva admits. She carefully removes the chains and hands them back to the con-man. "I'm actually looking for some pretty sophisticated scientific equipment. Machines that are able to manipulate space? I don't suppose you know anyone who sells anything like that?"

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ettin in the Playground

Tempest Row

The salamander approaches closer. I couldn't help but notice your...striking appearance. Quite handsome. What are doing up skyside?

19. - Top - End - #439

[Tempest Row]

Wow!

There sure are a lot of people coming up to talk to her! At this rate Geneva is wondering if she'll even be able to make it a few blocks before the sun goes down. Probably just aren't that many hippogriffs in Skyside. Maybe? Or it could just be that she's one of the largest people out and about. Not that that's terribly unusual for her. It still strikes her as strange how tiny everyone is. Why didn't the Cosmos spit out more normal-sized people?

"Oh, thank you. Eerr, and I'm a mare, by the way. Not that I'm offended, or anything. Distinguishing sexual characteristics of unusual species can be really hard."

It took her a while to figure out humans, after all.

It would be pretty hypocritical to get upset at someone for assuming she's a stallion. After all, it's not like she would intentionally lift her tail in public. That's just crass.

"I'm Geneva. It's a pleasure to meet you... umm... miss?"

That's just a guess. She might be wrong. Reptiles and amphibians can be pretty hard to tell apart.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Titan in the Playground

Tempest Row

Valcario came out of the bar.
    "How rude of him, wouldn't even sell me rum....."
    He overheard the hippogriff talking about a bomb that cracks reality.
    "Whoa, what now? A Machine to manipulate space? Thats mighty interesting. I just so happen to be an inventor myself. There is a whole lots of ways to manipulate space. What do you have in mind, H-G? I'm sure I could find a way to set you up. Names Valcario by the way, Valcario De Zantasa. Thief of Boredom, Inventor of Steamtech."
    H-G stands for "hippogriff" by the way. He holds out his catfolk paw to shake....but then quickly retracted it, knowing what the hippogriff was. Probably didn't even know what a handshake is. He settled for waving.

21. - Top - End - #441

[Tempest Row]

More people!

People keep coming up to Geneva to talk to her!

It's crazy.

She glances from the cat-person to the salamander back to the cat-person before offering a small smile. "Geneva, the Golden Dice of Wonder," she replies. That little title might explain the die faces on her haunches. Maybe the gold accents on her horns and feathers, too. "I'm specifically looking for a device that can be used to make a crack in the fabric of reality with the goal of using the realital fissure to serve as the foundation for a bridge between the Nexus and another tangentially connected universe."

That sounds complicated.

"Lots of people end up getting stranded here due to various types of mishaps and have no way of getting home. I'm hoping to develop a practical way to solve that problem."

22. - Top - End - #442

Arkant's Workshop

I use the Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages.

The girl won't run away or try to escape, but when presented with food will eat rapidly and ravenously, perhaps making herself ill from eating too rapidly after too long without food.
    [/COLOR]
    Arkant's Workshop

Viidost notice her unhealy hunger and tries to stop her.

"Easy Miss, there is enougth for you and there will be more. You don't need to be that fast."

For now he heas to keep her alive and he worries if she got ill her body might not manage to heal.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Tempest Row]

More people!

People keep coming up to Geneva to talk to her!

It's crazy.

She glances from the cat-person to the salamander back to the cat-person before offering a small smile. "Geneva, the Golden Dice of Wonder," she replies. That little title might explain the die faces on her haunches. Maybe the gold accents on her horns and feathers, too. "I'm specifically looking for a device that can be used to make a crack in the fabric of reality with the goal of using the realital fissure to serve as the foundation for a bridge between the Nexus and another tangentially connected universe."

That sounds complicated.

"Lots of people end up getting stranded here due to various types of mishaps and have no way of getting home. I'm hoping to develop a practical way to solve that problem."
    "Hm. Sounds a little crazy. You'll have to be careful about where you break a crack in reality, cause if you break at someplace too thin....that could end up with a crack a little too big, which can be dangerous to...well lets just say I wouldn't want to be in same universe as it. You'd most certainly would not be able to set it off in Inside. That place has the thinnest reality possible, like paper really. Its my theory why so many end up stranded there- reality is so thin there that people just fall into it by complete accident, from anywhere in the multiverse. Break it there and....well lets just say I highly advise against setting off a Spacebreaker in your only livable multiverse. At least at the weak points.

Its why you don't make much of those in the first place- too dangerous, so if one is to be made, you have to want it real badly, or need it real badly. If we are going to use it, we're gonna have to find a place with thick enough- or good enough- reality structure to withstand having a hole in it and still function, but without y'know, breaking down, or reality structure that is TOO strong which means it won't work. thats half the problem right there. The other half is either getting one or getting the parts to make one."

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ettin in the Playground

Tempest Row

Golden dice of wonder? the salamander inquires.

25. - Top - End - #445

[Tempest Row]

Geneva's ears work back and forth a bit. Two people talking to her at once! She'll just have to prioritize her replies based on length. Or something.

"The Golden Dice of Wonder, yes. I'm a living artifact, sort of. Rolling me," she nods at the die faces on her hind-end. "Causes a random chaos magic event based on the result you get. I know I have one thousand and one results, but I'm not sure what all of them are yet. I'm still filling in my rolling table. Most of the ones I've seen people get so far have been fun or slightly irritating, but there have been a few that could be potentially dangerous. It p-probably isn't a good idea to roll me right n-now since this market is so crowded."

Well!

That's certainly interesting.

Then Geneva turns her attention to the steampunk cat-person! She frowns a bit at the crazy comment.

"Using too much power in creating a realital fissure between the Nexus and a relatively close universe would just result in a very diffuse zone of transition between them, sort of like the Nexus' connection with Faerun. Or at least that's the model that my research is pointing to. I strongly suspect the Spellplauge blasted the previously discrete connection wide open. There are lots of universes like that, where you can freely walk between the Nexus and another world. But that's only a hazard if you don't account for the fifth-dimensional degree of separation between the Nexus and whatever your target universe is. I already have a graviton probe for measuring degrees of separation, so that shouldn't be a problem."

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ettin in the Playground

Tempest Row

The Salamander turns to Geneva. I might be able to hook you up with a private place for experimentation? Somewhere insulated.

27. - Top - End - #447

[Tempest Row]

"Oh! Well, that's very kind of you," Geneva replies brightly. "Do you mean experimentation with regards to my bridge project or my rolling results?"

That's a pretty important question to answer, honestly.

Places that are safe for experimental rolling and places that are safe for throwing rocks through the Cosmos' windows aren't necessarily the same thing.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Orc in the Playground

Arkant's Workshop

The girl will slow down with prodding, and will have a nap after she's eaten, without enough energy to both digest and do anything else. She sleeps deeply and peacefully, especially if she's got proper bedding to sleep on.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ettin in the Playground

Tempest Row
    For rolling, I meant. The salamander is looking over Geneva curiously. His gaze might look vaguely predatory to anyone paying attention.

30. - Top - End - #450

[Tempest Row]

Letting that bit of emotion through might have been a mistake. A predator knows what another predator's 'Ima eatchew' face looks like. Geneva's ears fold back almost imperceptibly as her muscles tense. She's suddenly far more cautious than she was a moment ago. Something's wrong. She doesn't know what, rationally speaking, but something about the salamander is making her feel uneasy all of a sudden.

"That's very kind of you to offer," Geneva replies, her tone still polite but a bit clipped. "But I already have a few places Outside that I use to practice my chaos magic far away from other people."

Though at the same time...

The salamander is suggesting that someone might like to roll her.

And not just roll her a little bit, either.

Roll her a lot.

Geneva's desires and instincts are now warring within her. "B-but I wouldn't want to turn down someone who really wants to roll me. A little bit of chaos can easily brighten up a boring day."