New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1474

Thread: Inside 60

1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 60

Spooktober!

Nick shakes his head.
    "What? No, of course not. That was a joke. It's a black-and-white silent film, though, so it has limited appeal to audiences, that's all. It's a perfectly fine choice, Geneva."

Nick was trying to be funny, not disapproving!
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Slums]

"Be quiet." Snaps Mandrake. She swiftly returns Binder to its pouch, fingers running back up the bell-handles, lingering on the fifth bell, before taking the third bell, and drawing it swiftly from its pouch, ringing it before the echoes from Binder can die out.

Walker's jaunty tune cries out - a trilling melody that tugs at the soul of the undead child, lifting it and inviting him to shuck his burdensome body and follow it wherever it may lead... possibly also at the ankles of the hunter, caught as he is at the edge of its influence, inviting him to tap in time to the swinging of the bell.
    "Your friend awaits you in Death, child. Go now to join her, walk into the Shade, down to the very end of the river, and do not return."
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2014-11-07 at 12:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Ogre in the Playground

It's hard to determine his exact expression behind the solid black lenses of his goggles, but his movements are sharp and precise, his feet tap to the music in waving intervals, turning on and off, as he hastily loads a fresh round of bullets into his first gun.
    Now that they were both full he once again raises his arms only this time towards seperate targets, in his mind each gun pointed towards a monster, one Tommy, one Mandrake.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Barbarian in the Playground

[The Slums]

The bell has precisely the effect the necromancer had expect. Like a puppet with its strings cut the undead abomination drops into an inert heap on the filthy alley stones.

Well.

That's certainly one way to dispose of undead monsters, isn't it?

[Spooktober!]

Fortuna breaths a little sigh of relief. "Oh! Well... That's good. I was afraid I picked something dumb."

She doesn't want to pick dumb things!

Especially not in front of Nick. That would be really embarrassing.

"So... where are we supposed to pay?" she mutters, looking around for something that resembles on concession stand.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2014-11-08 at 01:10 AM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Ogre in the Playground

Spooktober!

The tickets and concession stands are both at the door, the tickets on the left after entering and the snacks directly in front. There's a large purple octopus-like creature manning the snack bar, and behind the ticket booth is a young white dragon with black speckles, a little bit smaller than Nick, and likely sitting on some seat even though the booth is a bit lower than normal to accommodate their clientele. Both are a bit too inhuman for uniforms, so they're wearing old-school red usher caps, and tiny name tags stuck to them through some magic or temporary glue. The octopus is named Barry, and the dragon Monochrome, if the tags are to be believed.

6. - Top - End - #1056

[Spooktober!]

Well.

That certainly answers that question.

Fortuna does an excellent job of not comparing the dragon to a dalmatian. He probably gets that a lot and it is no doubt annoying.

Anywho! The draconequus walks (actually using her legs!) over to the dragon and flashes a winning smile. "Hi there. My special friend and I would like two tickets for Nosferatu, if you don't mind."

Always tickets first.

Then snacks.

That is the proper way of things!

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ogre in the Playground

Spooktober!

The little dragon smiles at her. "Sure!"
    There's a printing sound and two tickets are presented to Fortuna. He names a very reasonable price. Nick starts to pass a large coin up.
    Will Fortuna let Nick pay for their tickets?

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Libra's Lovelorn Lovers

This is basically what Arty was hoping for. He tries to pin her arms using his a bit as she grasps for him, and falls with her, hopefully managing to get her to fall on her side with him somewhat on top of her, but in a position more easily risen from. It might not keep her as pinned as normal from the slippery mud, but he only needs five seconds, and he's banking on her unfamiliarity with the shape to give him another second or two.
    Libra's Lovelorn Lovers

Arty can try to keep her down but even if her technique isn't especially good, she's very strong and the way she keeps failing about with her arms might make him loose his grip on them. Especially with all the mud he and Zhora suddenly are covered in as they fall down.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Ogre in the Playground

Libra's Lovelorn Lovers

Arty's grip does loosen, but he's still hanging on to her for now, and still pressing his weight down on her lower body. His muscles aren't for show even if he isn't particularly stocky, so despite his attitude about the whole contest he isn't so easily beaten.
    Chances are it won't take much more effort for her to break free of his hold. But the question is: does she have time? Arty only needs to hold her down for five seconds to win, after all....
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2014-11-07 at 10:58 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1060

[Spooktober!]

...why wouldn't Fortuna let him pay?

Believe it or not, Equestria has no real tradition of one sex or the other footing all the bills for courtship stuff. Might have something to do with the society being primarily matriarchal.

Anywho!

Fortuna will acquire her ticket and then give the snack stand a look.

Her stomach makes an uncomfortable gurgling noise.

"Yeah... I think I'll survive without any popcorn tonight..."

That was way too much ice cream.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ogre in the Playground

Spooktober!

Some people just don't like when people try to pay for their stuff, particularly when they had been the invitee. Personally, Nick's player sees this reaction far more often among his family than as a gender thing.

"First door on your left past the entrance, just hold up your tickets!" says Monochrome cheerily. From his voice he's probably proportionally sixteen.

The entrance refers to a doorway into a hall situated between the snack stand and the hall of movie posters. Passing through it is the magnificently long hallway of....two doors. Well, six. One door on each side labelled THEATRE 1 and THEATRE 2, a Male and Female bathroom on each side, an Other bathroom on the male side mirrored by a pair of water fountains, and finally a tiny back door at the end labelled EMPLOYEES ONLY.

Nick waves his ticket in front of the door. Assuming Fortuna does the same, it opens into a somewhat small theater, currently empty of patrons. Instead of chairs there is instead ten rows of long couches. The couches are staggered in such a way that creatures like centaurs or others that can't really help but be tall even while sitting shouldn't block the view of other patrons.
    "Do you like to sit close or far from the screen?" asks Nick as he saunters into the room. Good thing the carpet has been scrupulously cleaned so no one ends up walking on discarded snacks or gum with their paws.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Slums]

"I have laid the child's soul to rest." Says Mandrake coldly, staring directly at the hunter past the barrel of his raised pistol. "Do you now intend to shoot me?" She replaces her bell back to its pouch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    [The Slums]

"I have laid the child's soul to rest." Says Mandrake coldly, staring directly at the hunter past the barrel of his raised pistol. "Do you now intend to shoot me?" She replaces her bell back to its pouch.
    As the monster drops, the young hunter lets out a sigh and relaxes his arms. With his guns still in his hands, ready to be called upon in a moments notice, he dusts himself off as he stands, facing the mask he scratches his head with the silver barrel of his pistol and replies to the woman.
    "The thought did cross my mind, what are you anyway?"

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Street Barge Stratus - Ballroom]

Silence from the other end of the line. If Noelle or one of the thestrals leans an ear in, they might be able to make out a bit of whispering in the tube.

"Finally."

The voice belonging to the one called Gurri returns a moment later, having taken a turn for the worse. Ignoring the plea for surrender, it seems, he begins, "I'm supposed to give the first Union person I see a message, so I guess you're it, Major. Hurry down. I'll start putting these people to the sword if you don't."

And then the line goes dead.
    "...I'm heading down. The rest of you, focus on evacuating. Don't get too worried about me, I've got someone watching my back," Noelle says, to everyone present in general, before going to head down as the threat said, weapons readied.

Assuming she can find the way.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

15. - Top - End - #1065

Libra's Lovelorn Lovers

Arty's grip does loosen, but he's still hanging on to her for now, and still pressing his weight down on her lower body. His muscles aren't for show even if he isn't particularly stocky, so despite his attitude about the whole contest he isn't so easily beaten.
    Chances are it won't take much more effort for her to break free of his hold. But the question is: does she have time? Arty only needs to hold her down for five seconds to win, after all....
    Libra's Lovelorn Lovers

Arty has been working out! I did not know this. Zhora would likely have struggled out of it, but it looks like she's out of time already.

"TIMES UP!" The announcer calls. "Looks like we have a winner!"

"Woo! Arty wins!" Libra calls as Zhora grunts in the background.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ogre in the Playground

Libra's Lovelorn Lovers

Oh come now, I've been saying Arty has a runner's build since I first introduced him.

And Zhora isn't background to Arty, since she's directly under him! As soon as the announcement happens he jumps up off of her, trying his best to wipe off his hands on a try patch of his flank. His ears are bright red as he offers the demon a hand.
    "Unnecessary to say I'm sure, but sorry about that. he says bashfully.

17. - Top - End - #1067

[Sky Barge]

Tenebra and Nyx both give each other a glace. "But it's dangerous to go alo-" Nyx starts, only to be silence when Tenebra holds up a wing.

"We can carry people don't to the surface, but it's a little bumpier than getting a ride with Blackout," Tenebra says. "We'll stay here and guard the rest of passengers while Blackout relays them to the ground."

Speaking of Blackout, he should be showing up again next post!

Tenebra dismisses her darkness barrier so the Union agent can head down below. "Harmony be with you." Sorta like the Force be with you?

[Spooktober!]

Huh.

Fortuna was expecting way more doors than this.

But this is the Nexus. Things don't always have to make sense.

Once in the screening room she'll lay down on a couch near the back. "I don't really like craning my neck, I think this one will be good."
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2014-11-08 at 12:30 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ogre in the Playground

Spooktober!

But of course they don't have many doors. They needed space for the Hall of Posters!
    Nick plops down next to her. Maybe a bit close, but he's certainly in a position where it's expected that he does that.
    "Sounds fine to me." he says with a pleased smile. He's happy that their day has been going so well.
    A simple message appears on the screen to let them know that the show will begin in a few minutes.

19. - Top - End - #1069

Quote Originally Posted by Aric Kale View Post
    NPC Memorial Park

Zane curls his lip in disgust.
    Shambles...there's only one person capable of being a remotely charismatic leader, and he's a candy vamp.

Unfortunately for him, Clarissa neither wants to be led, or lead AMEN...
    They tried to run a rampage on New Hope City, but there was no organization...nothing happened.

Nothing big enough to hit the news, that is.

His eyes burn.
    Haven't dropped by to visit since.
    Membership is low, staff is low, haven't seen the Thing in the Walls for awhile...

But Clarissa is there, so I don't know if it's conquerable. Not that that old base is even worth it.

He shakes his head. What a mess...
    Anything else you'd like to know about?
    The RCA chief of station can't believe his luck. If he didn't know any better, he'd say this was a beautiful little set-up, with Zane coat trailing. An AMENite who has no apparent qualms about discussing his organization with a stranger... this is the kind of luck intelligence officers dream about. Douglas writes carefully, not letting his excitement show through. A source can be converted to an asset, it just takes a delicate touch. Very enlightening, thank you. I would like to know one more thing about you, Mr. Darkstar. Why? Why do you work for omnicidal robots and exaggerated villains? The obvious motivation for a pyromancer is a love of destruction... but I'm afraid I don't see how that leads you to getting into a barfight with a scarred swordsman and petty squabbles over who gets to rebuild a bombed out organization. So, what I'd really like to know is: are you just another villain, flailing around with no sense or purpose, or are you something more, somebody with real potential?
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

20. - Top - End - #1070

[Spooktober!]

You know what the best part about watching a movie when you're the only person there is?

People can't yell at you for talking!

Fortuna snuggles up against Nick because who's going to stop her! Bwah ha ha!

"Have you seen this film before?"

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    The RCA chief of station can't believe his luck. If he didn't know any better, he'd say this was a beautiful little set-up, with Zane coat trailing. An AMENite who has no apparent qualms about discussing his organization with a stranger... this is the kind of luck intelligence officers dream about. Douglas writes carefully, not letting his excitement show through. A source can be converted to an asset, it just takes a delicate touch. Very enlightening, thank you. I would like to know one more thing about you, Mr. Darkstar. Why? Why do you work for omnicidal robots and exaggerated villains? The obvious motivation for a pyromancer is a love of destruction... but I'm afraid I don't see how that leads you to getting into a barfight with a scarred swordsman and petty squabbles over who gets to rebuild a bombed out organization. So, what I'd really like to know is: are you just another villain, flailing around with no sense or purpose, or are you something more, somebody with real potential?
    NPC Memorial Park

Zane stops, trying to think.
    I've never been a leader of men.

I don't think up grand visions...well, versions of me have, but that's irrelevant.
    I prefer to stand in the shadows, let those who boast take the fall, where I can stand upon their ever-rising graves and boost myself higher.

I, Zane Darkstar, will never lead an army of 100. I will stand amongst them, and fade away into the night after they are all dead and gone.
    Do I have potential? That is neither here nor there.

I do what I do because it suits my purpose.

He reaches inside a pocket, though the object he removes is too long for a standard pocket.
    Here, take this as an act of good faith.

It's a three foot rod of elementium. It was enchanted to allow fearblaze to be wielded through it without melting it, but such a spell is too difficult to repeat or use on large objects.

Now it is simply a cylinder which serves no purpose beyond an indestructible nightstick.
    It was given to me as a weapon, back when I served Enshadu, and if you can think of a purpose for it, call me.

I'll warn you know, it cannot be hammered into place like steel or iron.
    It must be cast like bronze.

So make a mold, and I will melt the rod...then you can have something that will transcend time.

Keep in mind, this object is three feet long, but only about two inches in diameter.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1072

Libra's Lovelorn Lovers

Oh come now, I've been saying Arty has a runner's build since I first introduced him.

And Zhora isn't background to Arty, since she's directly under him! As soon as the announcement happens he jumps up off of her, trying his best to wipe off his hands on a try patch of his flank. His ears are bright red as he offers the demon a hand.
    "Unnecessary to say I'm sure, but sorry about that. he says bashfully.
    Libra's Lovelorn Lovers

"Hmph, if I had used any other form..." Zhora replies while slowly trying to get up by herself. "How do you control all these legs?!" She grunts as she try to remain stable on all her four legs.

"You know, you really should wash all that mud off. Any prefered method?!" Libra's voice comes right behind Arty this time.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Ogre in the Playground

Spooktober!

Nick shakes his head.
    "No, I haven't. I only really watch color films generally. It's a new experience." he says.
    New experiences are neat!

Libra's Lovelorn Lovers

Arty laughs a bit at that.
    "The same way you control two legs. You just need to know the right ways to stand and move. I guess you need to practice moving about like that." he says with a shrug.

And then Libra. Arty turns. "Uh, just normal ways are fine. Although I suppose that'd need trying for my shirt. I uh, don't think it matters." he says, not really able to think of many methods right now.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2014-11-08 at 08:58 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1074

[Spooktober!]

Hehe...

Yeah.

New experiences can be lots of fun.

And thus the movie plays. As with silent films in general, all the body-language is hilariously over-acted. The film was pretty scary back in the day, but now it seems somewhat comical. Especially the silly-looking rodent-toothed vampire. Fortuna doesn't really have any cultural context for vampires, but they at the very least have something sorta closish.

Draining emotions isn't quite the same as draining blood.

As the film reaches its climax it is discovered that the only way for a vampire to be slain is for a woman pure of heart to distract it until sunrise! The brave heroine gives up her life to destroy the evil count for good. As The End shows up on the screen, Fortuna can't help but comment, "You know, i read that in some folklore vampires will obsessively count any small object you toss in front of them. I wonder why they didn't distract him like that instead of letting that poor girl get killed..."

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Ogre in the Playground

Spooktober!

You know, in some cases that could be taken as an evil laugh of some kind.

Nick shakes his head. "Probably because it'd make for a pretty lame-looking villain. The story has to have tension, and some of the more obscure weaknesses would only make the villain seem goofy instead of threatening."

And no one likes a villain who's goofy instead of threatening.
    Except 50% of all kids' shows.

26. - Top - End - #1076

[Spooktober!]

Malice seems like he's more of a goofy villain than a threatening one. Fortuna prefers him over, say, someone like that monster who murdered all those people at Inari's. But for a film? Sure, for a film non-goofy villains are typically preferable.

"I guess that's true. What works well in folklore or books doesn't always work well in a film. Somethings just don't translate over from one type of art to another."

Very true!

Though it doesn't stop people from complaining that the book was better.

"So... what's next on the agenda? Or are you getting all tuckered out already?" Fortuna asks with a smirk.

Ooooh.

Is that a challenge?

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Ogre in the Playground

Spooktober!

Nick returns the smirk.
    "Well, I didn't really have any plans for anything else, especially since we're both still full. But I'm not tired, if that's what you're asking. After all, I know when you have a night out having fun you're going to start rolling, and I'm obligated to make sure that nothing too crazy happens when you do that." he says.

28. - Top - End - #1078

[Spooktober!]

That manages to get a laugh out of Fortuna. "Oh, is that how it is, is it? If I start getting bored I'll start rolling up some trouble?" she asks as she rises to her feet and begins trotting toward the exit. "Are you sure you would be able to endure that kind of crazy?"

She pauses at the door to the theater and cups her paws together.

"Right! Speaking of crazy, there's something I wanted to give you."

Then she sits down on her haunches and claps her plaws together, her central horn flaring with chaos magic. Then she reaches behind Nick's ear, pulling out a single large electrum coin with a sort of simplified draconequus head wearing a blindfold on one side and a horn of plenty on the other. Writing in Equestrian appears on both sides.

Heads, 'Flip for a change of fortune'.

Tails, 'Hold for fortune's favor'.

Honestly, the thing is big enough to be an amulet or pendant or something.

Fortuna offers the coin to Nick. "A gift for you! I've figured out how to make dice of wonder myself, but I decided to go with coins instead since I figured that fit better with good fortune. Even if you don't ever flip it, it' should bring you good luck!"

She makes a somewhat sour face.

"I discovered that good luck can skew the results of statistical research. That can be really annoying."

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Ogre in the Playground

Spooktober!

What, more WALKING from Fortuna? What is this madness?
    Nick smiles and accepts the coin, looking at it.
    "Well, good thing that I don't care much for statistics. I'll try to remember to leave it behind when you ever ask me to come along with one of your experiments."
    He looks up at her.
    "I'd test it right here, but knowing how much you like being rolled it might be a bit rude to give the honor to an object. Thank you, Fortuna." he says, leaning against her for a moment.
    Nick can't have any bias against Dice of Wonder.
    After all, he's dating one.

30. - Top - End - #1080

[Spooktober!]

Dating the cutest one.

The rest of them aren't very cute at all, what with being inanimate objects all the time.

"Oooh, are you consenting to a roll?" Fortuna giggles. "Feeling adventurous?"

She waves at the dragon and octopus as she trots through the lobby and back out into the streets.

"Best wait until we're outside, though. We wouldn't want to make a mess in here. You never know when the roll might coat everything with chocolate frosting."

That's certainly one potential result.

"Though... I'm hoping for a chaos magic event that doesn't involve food. If we can avoid anything else that involves food for the rest of the evening that would be pretty great."