Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2136373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1512

Thread: Riverside 15

1. - Top - End - #1351
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 15

[Floating Church - Job Interview]

The smile is, technically, returned.
    "Well alright. We'll check in with him, if you could give me some name or contact information for him, and assuming that all checks out, you'd have the job. Keeping track of the records here and running errands when the normal messengers are busy."
    He nods slowly.
    "Nights are the busiest times, you know."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ogre in the Playground

Floating Temple- Job interview

Tep isn't sure how that last statement meshes with him not being what they're looking for, but he's going to go with it.
    "He's very secretive, actually. I'll see if I can't have him contact you. I don't want to give away his address if he doesn't want me to, you see.
    If you don't mind, I couldn't find much information on you when I looked. What kind of services do you provide that makes you so busy at night?"
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #1353

[Floating Temple - Job interview]

"That would do, then."
    He smiles at the imp.
    "We provide communication with the dead, to and from, and there are simply more deaths at night, not to mention how so few can make themselves felt in daylight. Harder to reach."
    "So there are records of that, and of many other things besides."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Ogre in the Playground

Floating Temple- Job Interview

Tep nods.
    "So you need folks to record the messages and manage the archives of them, along with getting the messages to their proper recipients. I get that.
    Well, I should go talk to Elio. Thanks very much."

Tep says, leaning forward to shake the man's hand.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2014-11-07 at 10:43 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1355

[Floating Temple - Job interview]

The man nods back.
    "Just so."
    Hand shook, and he rises up to show the imp out.

Eliseo. A name after all.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Ogre in the Playground

Floating Temple- Job Interview

((that's Elio, by the way. Eliseo is a Ghar character.))

Tep should be shown out without any trouble, flapping away.

A day or so later, The Wizard Elio's reference letter should arrive to the temple, giving a positive if not glowing review.

7. - Top - End - #1357

[Floating Temple - Job Interview]

Letter arrived, read over.
    Notice posted that Tep can start working <n nights from now>

The day shift guy will have to show him around; here are the papers, here are the seance rooms, here is the pile of outgoing messages, here are writing materials, etc.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    The Toy Tinker

Jim blinks. Oh.
    "Is that the issue, Sticks? My dad can give you a loan to at least get the window in and the functions restored. I don't know about adventuring, but that would buy you some time, wouldn't it?" he asks pleasantly.
    It's unlikely Jim has actually mentioned how much money his family has, even though that his father owns a business has likely come up at least once in the last year. Though that doesn't mean Sticks actually remembers.
    The Tinker of toys glances up at his apprentice and narrows his eyes a little. It has come up to be sure, but Sticks is forgetful, and he was never privy to just what sort of money Jim's family possesses.

"Why ever would your father do that, Jim?" Sticks asks, blinking a couple of times as his eyes resettle on the lad's face.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Dragon Inn]

Kitty touches Obriane's face. "It's going to be okay, Obriane. Just stay still. Where does it hurt?" She looks up and her eyes dart between the door and the windows. She can't help but see the writing on the wall. "What is that..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Dragon Inn]

Obriane gestures vaguely towards the lower part of her back, or possibly her rear. "There... there I think." She manages to say, laying perfectly still for the moment.
    Meanwhile the innkeeper is looking up from his counter. "Mrrragghhlhlhlglgh!" Whatever he just said, the murlock heads out from his hiding place with what appears to be a seashell in his hand and attempts to hand it to Kanya. He seems to want her to do something with it. "Murghahralaha!"

Spoiler: Mystery of the Seashell
    Show
    The seashell is in fact enchanted to work as a phone. You simply think of the person you like to call and if they have a telephone or something similar, it will call them.

Meanwhile Stick's little contraption is following the mist which is hastily retreating from the inn, as Stick's reacted pretty quickly the moaning is still audible, coming from a nearby alley. If it hurries it might still catch up with the spirit. Or anyone else who would attempt following it of course (or rather follow Stick's contraption as they can't see it).

[Northern Riverbed]

The construction of a gate has begun at the northern river entrance of the city. It will probably take months before it's completed however.
    Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [Dragon Inn]

Kanya blinks and stares at the Shell for a moment, before muttering, "Oh, of course," and taking it, frost immediately forming on it, and, if she accidentally brushes the murloc, instantly causing frostbite, as she thinks of Zareen and says, "Zareen! I need you at the Inn, as soon as you can come!"

Hopefully, the shell is cold resistant!
    The little bug can hustle. Somewhere approaching thirty miles an hour, but likely no faster. It buzzes along after the mist for as long as it can.

"Gods damn it, I said an ambulance or a doctor's wagon, not the fish woman!" Sticks snaps, his cloak whirling as he turns.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Ogre in the Playground

The Toy Tinker

Jim blinks as if the question is incredibly strange.
    "Because his son told him that a good friend was in a spot of trouble. Would he need a better reason than that?" he asks, ears drooping a bit and peaking an eyebrow.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragon Inn]

"Just lay still, Obriane. Help will be here soon." Kitty stands and looks out a broken window. "I'll be right back." The kitsune takes off, running right out the door of the inn and into the night. She raises a white flame above her head. She looks for their attacker, whatever it is.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Dragon Inn]

Obriane can't but nod at Kitty as she disappears out the door, just turning to look after her. Meanwhile it will actually take a few seconds before Zareen replies. "Who calls- Kanya? How- nevermind, what do you need me for? What has happened?" Her voice comes off as rather stressed.

Outside Kitty can hear the moaning in the distance and possibly see how Stick's little contraption is following the sound of it. If the two follow each other they will eventually see the fog retreating into an dark alleyway where the moaning changes into mere sobbing. Suddenly sounding far less incoperal. The nearby streets are eerily empty even if there really should be people walking around, even this time of the day.

12. - Top - End - #1362

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Cybil will see a woman dressed in jeans and a trenchcoat dashing to where the Cat Burglar is falling to, much faster than any rent-a-cop would. She reaches inside her coat, pulling out a syringe. She's keeping her eyes on the Burglar for now, and she doesn't care about the jewels at all.
    She'll just be in time to see the Burglar land then, a quick blur past one of the windows and then an ugly sounding smack of flesh against concrete, loud enough to hear even inside the museum. The jewelery case comes tumbling off the roof a moment later, to follow him down, down, down.

That's gotta hurt.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Titan in the Playground

[Dragon Inn]

Kanya swallows and says, "It's...A bit tricky to explain. Short version is that I found someone who fit what we're looking for and then this weird thing happened...Look, I need help. I don't really know what's going on anymore."

She then nods to Sticks and says, in an annoyed voice, "Gimme a minute," before visualizing the Riverside equivalent of 9-1-1, and says, "Hello? I need help. I'm at the Dragon Inn, and there's someone here that's been badly hurt. I think her ribs are broken and more could be wrong."

14. - Top - End - #1364

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    [Northside Museum]

There's a yell, lost beneath the piercing screech of the flashbang going off.

And then the case starts going up very fast, as the thief on the other side of the line goes tumbling down - his grip dislodged, trying to lift his hand to shield his eyes in the moment of panic. His weight is on the other side of the grapple now, and Cassidy would have to be quite fast to reach the jewels before they're lifted away. Not that it's much comfort to the Burglar as he goes tumbling down towards the edge of the roof and the long drop below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Cybil will see a woman dressed in jeans and a trenchcoat dashing to where the Cat Burglar is falling to, much faster than any rent-a-cop would. She reaches inside her coat, pulling out a syringe. She's keeping her eyes on the Burglar for now, and she doesn't care about the jewels at all.
    [Northside Museum]

Welp! Now she needed to save him!
    Diving into the earth again, closing the hole she just made, she quickly "swims" through the ground underneath them towards the burglar, hopefully able to pull him underneath the earth before that woman can reach him.

15. - Top - End - #1365

[Dragon Inn]

"Young lady... Miss Kitty? Wait!" Sticks shoots Kanya an apologetic glance before he takes off out the door after Obriane's kitsune friend. "Young lady, the spirit here wanted you! Please be careful!" He pleads at her back.

Sticks does not, unfortunately, give chase. He thinks it might be best if someone stays with Obriane who isn't a heat devouring vampire or an incomprehensible fishman. Still, he takes occasional glances with his Sight through the eyes of his little contraption, and it continues on it's original orders - the tiny bug flies into the alley so it can have a look around. It's buzzing and miniscule glow is conspicuous enough that Kitty can probably notice it's not a normal insect.

The tall man, meanwhile, shakes his head and returns to Obriane's side, dropping down to his knees. If there's any arm pillows on the couch where they were sitting the tall man will take one and try to slide it under Obriane's head. At least he can make her a little more comfortable.

"Perhaps I should have taken those mending classes at University after all," Sticks says to the wounded woman. He smiles a little bit. "Does it hurt terribly, young lady?"

[The Toy Tinker]

"In my experience, most sane fathers would, but that's beside the point. I can't put your father out like that, Jim. the cost of these repairs is going to be significant,"
    The tall man lies back in his chair a little and looks at the dusty ceiling. "Besides..." A stubborn note of wizardly pride creeps into his voice. "I don't make a habit of accepting charity, young man."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragon Inn]

Kitty follows after the fog, casting a flame out before her. Her eyes dart warily from side to side as she approaches the sound of crying. A second flame materializes around her clenched fist and she presses forward.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Ogre in the Playground

The Toy Tinker

Jim shakes his head.
    "Well, you should at least help let me help with the window if you cant afford that. Without that we'll just get robbed again. And if it comes to adventuring well, I've never done it and would probably be pretty bad at it, but I'll help how I can."

18. - Top - End - #1368

[The Toy Tinker]

The little bell on the door rings, if there is one. A tall gentleman with gray hair and a hawkish nose brushes through, walking stick tucked under his arm, smiling an amiable smile. He wears a fine black suit, and under that a red vest shot with golden flowers, expensive shoes squeaking on the floor as he turns to look around at the little shop.

And Sticks will probably notice that there's something terribly wrong with the man.

To those with magical sense, he exudes, well, wrongness. An icky crawling sense of doubt. The urge to run away when he turns to the counter, and smiles wider. "Awfully nice day, isn't it?" To those with the sight to see it, the gentleman is wreathed in magic, alive and crawling over his skin. The old sort of magic, the kind that's wild and willfully dangerous.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

19. - Top - End - #1369

[Dragon Inn]

Obriane looks up at Sticks, feeling awfully sober at the moment the old mage helps her head up. Then she nods again at Sticks question, "Y-yeah. It's a bit better now though." She replies, trying not to squirm in pain, every time she moved her back hurt. "You should help Kitty instead, she might be in d-danger."

Meanwhile in the seashell, Zareen seems to be able to hear Stick's and Obrianes voices. "Okay, but I can't promise I will be there fast Kanya." Zareen was notoriously slow on land. If she was going to say anything else, the fire vampire will never know as her voice fades out and is replaced by a male operator.
    "We'll send a unit there as soon as we can, please stand by. Meanwhile, is there any more information you can give me? What happened?"

[Alleyway]

As Kitty and the contraption moves into the alley they can see that there is no lighting here, so Kitty's flames are the only thing which lit their way. The sobbing grows louder and eventually they can see that it's a dead end, a woman sitting pressed against the wall. Her face hidden behind her knees in a strangely unnatural angle as she sobs. Not even looking at the furious looking Kitsune approaching.

Spoiler: For People with a Spirit Sense
    Show
    It isn't just a woman. There are several others, both men women in ages 1 to 80 and even some non-gendered entities, all stitched together into one "person". Together they take up nearly the entire end of they alley, all locked in unnatural positions as parts of their souls seem to have been removed to better fit into this chimera and then glued together using a single spirit which surrounds these bodies like a gigantic white bubble.

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Titan in the Playground

[Dragon Inn]

Kanya nods, some confidence restores knowing Zareen is on her way, and she says to the EMS person, "Yeah, there was a weird...Thing that happened. All the furniture and stuff started flying around and my friend took a chair to the chest to stop it from hitting someone else."

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lotus Gardens

When Cessie arrives with Jezebel, she'll see that much has changed since she was last here. The architecture and much of the attire the people wore(or didn't wear) was the same, but the air was devoid of the sense of defilement that had been there before. Instead it seemed light and pure despite the powerful floral and spice scents that suffuse it all. Soft music plays everywhere she goes and there are smiles all around. The biggest change though is laughter. Children's laughter. Before, despite supposedly being safe and open to everyone, there was hardly a child to be seen, but here in the streets there were boys and girls racing around and playing, racing through the feet of merchants and couples all over the place, paying no heed to possible dangers as there doesn't seem to be any here.

She'll see that the guards still wear Masks at their belts or on their faces, but instead of the otherworldly eeriness they once had, they seem warm and friendly, even the ones with obvious mutations.

Finally, when they reach the park, Cessie will see that unlike last year, the trees are actually following the seasons and most have lost their leaves, but they also bear plenty of fruit between them. Jezebel herself even seems quite a bit happier than before, giving waves to some of the people that wave to her, but it seems she's a common enough fixture in the place that many ignore the goddess that runs the Gardens. When she reaches a pear tree, Jezebel will remove a couple and give Cessie a smile, offering one to her. "Well? What do you think?"

Overall, while the place mostly appears the same, the feel of it is different, and that's what is important.

22. - Top - End - #1372

The Lotus Gardens

"It's certainly different." Cessie observes as she looks around, it looked similar but it was the feeling. Something on a very subtle level that gave the entire place anther dimension. "I'm not sure what you did, but it feels like a completely different place. It was beautiful before but now it feels more... open. Freer somehow. The air feels easier to breath."

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Ogre in the Playground

Lotus Gardens

"Restraint. That is what it lacked before. There's still sex and drugs and all sorts of vices being given into here, but it's all done in a way that isn't self-destructive."
    Jezebel explains as she sits down, her back against the tree. She even pats the ground next to her for Cessie to take a seat. "Even as a Daemon I tried to preach restraint, but it was only after I threw off the mantle that I was finally able to reach those I was speaking to." She admits with a sigh. "I'd been thinking of bringing my son here now. To escape the clutches of The Imperium. I don't even know what he looks like." After that, she falls silent for a bit, watching a pair of satyr pipe players wander closer as they play their merry tune, but it's obvious that she's simply not effected by the fey magic at the moment.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2014-11-12 at 08:42 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1374

[Dragon Inn]

Sticks grimaces worriedly. "I believe..." He looks up and into the middle distance a moment, blinking. His eyes are the insect's eyes, for that instant, and what he sees... "...I believe you may be right. Try not to move, Obriane. Lie still."

The tall man gains his feet, pulls his hood up over his head, and starts toward the open door. "Make sure someone stays with her," Sticks asks of Kanya, giving her a glance as he halts on the threshold. "I'm going after Kitty. I don't know what it is she's capable of, but... her intentions are black, I'm sure of it."

Unless there's anything else, Sticks takes off down the street as fast as his long legs will carry him. It will take him at least a round to reach the alley, at any rate. His insect hovers and flutters near Kitty's shoulder uselessly, watching.

[The Toy Tinker - Jim!]

Sticks looks at Jim a long moment and, with some hesitation, reaches out a hand to clench his shoulder. Despite the cold cage of Sticks' fingers, the gesture is surprisingly warm. The smile creasing his mouth still warmer. It's staggering how much better the tall man looks when he really smiles. "Your father must be so proud. It is a good man and a friend of men he's raised."

With a series of creaks, Sticks rises from his chair, trying not to draw attention to the fact that he is shirtless and he's just realized it. He looks all about himself. "It may not require adventuring, at any rate. We may simply have to... broaden our services." The tall man points. "And your lessons will have to be accelerated."

[The Toy Tinker - Wizards!]

It would be approaching sundown in any place that still saw the sun, when Sir Hex arrives. There is, in fact, a little bell, and it jangles upon his arrival. He'll be able to note the right front-window of the Tinker has just been replaced, leaving it with only 'The Toy' scrawled in red and trimmed with gold on the other window. Horrible name for a shop.

A mess has just recently been cleaned up. In fact, if Hex was watching, he'll note the shop was closed for much of the day to make way for that clean-up. Two of the simple little shop's three long shelves are empty, swept of toys, and slightly off-kilter. As though they'd been moved. Orange stains mar the floor. A person-sized dent has been punched into the plaster of the left wall, just missing one of the smaller side windows.

Otherwise, Hex will be able to note the usual - exceptionally lifelike contraptions in every direction. Bins of almost-authentic rabbits, their little eyes glowing a dull orange. Stranger things, like brass spiders. A rather spectacular Bird of Paradise dangling on razor-thin cables from the ceiling.

And behind the counter, a tall, blue skinned elfin creature, in a sleeveless brown tunic and pants. Work clothes. His ruddy red hair is combed back over his head, and he's currently leant forward over the counter. From the elbows down his arms are spindly steel things, ending in five sharp points, and currently those points work surgically on the innards of what looks like a complex clockwork doll.

White, lightbulb eyes flit up to meet the stranger, and are repulsed by the wave of Black Magic that washes over them. Old magic of a dark but different vein turns over in the wizard's gut. "Not especially,"He quavers, with an accent bordering on Latin.

"I'm afraid we're closed for repairs the rest of the day," says Sticks, mechanically, eyes never leaving the well-dressed gentleman. He forces a smile. "You're very welcome to come back tomorrow."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Ogre in the Playground

The Toy Tinker

As usual, Jim's ears flush even if his face doesn't as obviously. He gives a bit of a goofy smile.
    "He would be, but I can't visit at all without shedding on the couch and making the place smell like goat, and that's just so annoying it tarnishes my whole record." he jokes a bit weakly. He gets really embarrassed when people compliment him that way.
    "And uh, what do you have in mind, and what does that have to do with my cantrips? Didn't you get that big job from Lord Rhye that we traveled for? Did he really not pay you for that?"

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Alleyway]

As Kitty and the contraption moves into the alley they can see that there is no lighting here, so Kitty's flames are the only thing which lit their way. The sobbing grows louder and eventually they can see that it's a dead end, a woman sitting pressed against the wall. Her face hidden behind her knees in a strangely unnatural angle as she sobs. Not even looking at the furious looking Kitsune approaching.

Spoiler: For People with a Spirit Sense
    Show
    It isn't just a woman. There are several others, both men women in ages 1 to 80 and even some non-gendered entities, all stitched together into one "person". Together they take up nearly the entire end of they alley, all locked in unnatural positions as parts of their souls seem to have been removed to better fit into this chimera and then glued together using a single spirit which surrounds these bodies like a gigantic white bubble.
    [Alleyway]

As Kitty approaches the sobbing woman, the spirits come under the light of her flame. In it's illumination, the come into sight, if only faintly. Kitty stops in her tracks when she sees their vague outlines across the alley. For the first time she realizes this might have been a bad idea. But she's not going to back down now. "You don't scare me, you... thing." She says with more confidence than she feels. "Burn." And she launches her spiritual flame into the center of the ghostly mass.

27. - Top - End - #1377

[Alleyway]

The spirit fire causes the thing to literally go up in flames as the various souls that make up it's being scream out in pain. They panic, all trying to flee, to scatter in different directions, but their sewn together mass make such an escape impossible. But in the middle of the burning souls Kitty can see how the previously crying woman is standing up. She, like the others seem to be in pain the way she moves but and squirms, but then her eyes suddenly lit up into two cold tinders and the flames that consume her go out.

Now Kitty can see her white perfect skin, full red lips and somehow perfect long black hair which drapes around her as if there was no gravity. She would probably be considered extremely beautiful if not for those eyes burning with cold hatred as they bore into the kitsune. "YOU!" She cries out, somehow making herself heard over the anguished screams of the souls around her. "You don't even know..." Kitty can see that tears are still running down her face, turning to small ice crystals before they break against the ground. "You stole him from me you BITCH! HE'S ALL I AM! WHAT WILL I DO NOW?!" Her whole body is shaking and the temperature within the alley steadily seem to drop. "You made me hurt him!" This time she moves to attack, dashing towards Kitty with her hand raised, her nails suddenly turning into claws, ready to tear the Kitsune's throat out.

Sticks may arrive at the scene any time his player wants.

[Dragon Inn]

"I understand miss. This isn't the first time it happens this week. Just stay calm and someone will take care of your friend soon, we'll send the police too."

Meanwhile Obriane is just trying to lay still on the floor, feeling completely useless. Why had just happened? One minute Kitty and she had been having fun and then her whole world had been turned upside down. Was it a spirit out for revenge against her? Was this all because of her somehow? She looks up at Kanya but wasn't sure what to say. She barely knew this strange fiery woman. Could she really trust her? "Are... are they on their way?" She asks weakly.

The Lotus Gardens

Cessie holds the apple Jezebel offered to her as she takes a seat next to the former daemon. She wasn't too comfortable simply sitting on the ground so a small stone appears which she can sit on. "A son? I must admit that I'm only vaguely able to recall you telling me this Jezebel. I honestly-" She suddenly feels interrupted by the music that starts playing. She isn't sure why however, the music was nice and not particularly loud so she wasn't sure why it had made her pause. There was something about it however, something she hadn't felt in a while. It was a far from uncomfortable feeling that made her shiver as goosebumps appeared all over her skin.
    It was like falling down into a big comfortable warm bed after being out in the cold for a while with a warm blanket suddenly warped around you, making you forget all the troubles of the outside world for a while.

Jezebel might note a subtle change in Cessie's appearance as she grows slightly leaner and her hair shorter, also shifting color from raven black to stark red. Her figure becoming more lithe as some of the weight she put on during the pregnancy just seem to melt away. "Damn..." The sorceress whispers. but can't help to smile slightly at the feeling. It was a rather awkward moment but she could never really hate it. Normally she would have panicked over suddenly changing in public, but now she kept her cool. "Sorry, I have a condition, fey blood." She attempts to explain to Jezebel. "Didn't mean to interrupt you." Jezebel was talking about something close to her after all!

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Titan in the Playground

[Dragon Inn]

Kanya nods and says, in a voice pained from a knowledge of first aid and of what would happen to Obrianne if she tried to apply it, "Yeah, help is on it's way. Just...Just stay with me. You're going to be alright."

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Titan in the Playground

[Westside and Northside]

Today, MERC has begun fulfilling the obligation of their new security contract. Four companies of mercenaries have been licensed, sworn in and educated in the laws and regulations of the two districts. They have been authorized to keep the order and protect the peace of the parts of the city ruled over by Malechenar.

The first group, Wazlido's Wingmen, is composed of Trolls, mounted on giant bats. They patrol the two thirds of the city from the air, responding quickly in case of trouble.

Then comes the Doom Brigade, a rag-tag band of engineers of all stripes, gathered and sworn in by Krayger, the minotaur MERC member. They come in all shapes, races and walks of life, and have all sorts of specializations. But what they do have in common is the skill in quickly putting together field machinery.

The third crew hired by MERC is composed of Skaven, the sneaky, clandestine rat-men. A gathering of Clan Eshin outcastes and escaped clan-less rats, the Chipped Tooth Crew isn't seen much on the streets. But when they're needed, they tend to appear as if they've always been there.

Finally, there come the Howling Commandos. A pack of gnolls that make up for their profound lack of subtlety, tactics and savour-vivre with brute strength, ferocity and unrelenting tenacity for hunting. They're the strong arm of the new security detail, falling onto criminals and saboteurs in a pack to simply beat them down until they go along peacefully.

OoC Notes:

Spoiler
    Show
    • Any player with a MERC member can control those. The member in question need not be present, but they can be. If you need details about them, feel free to make something up.
    • Feel free to come up with your own groups as well.

My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Ogre in the Playground

Lotus Gardens

Jezebel watches the changes, carefully keeping her expression neutral as she looks Cessie over. "You...well, you've definitely changed." She says as she reaches under her cloak to pull out a small hand mirror, offering it to her. "But you look quite nice, so I wouldn't worry." She adds, trying to reassure the mage before giving a small smile. "And you didn't interrupt me, you only interrupted yourself. You were in the middle of saying something." She points out, and while she tries to keep looking at only Cessie's face, she fails every once in a while as she looks the woman over, taking notice of the changes and maybe appreciating them slightly too much. Still, Jezebel's trying at least. That counts for something, right?