New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The White Queen: Reign of Winter

Spoiler: Allin
    Show
    The beast within Allin scoffs with scorn for the magic his granted powers have revealed to the boy. With a sneer the young man can hear, Nocturne explains, "It's the stench of Irrisen. The stench of pure Cold, Allin. If you value your world very much, you would do well to stop it. It won't survive if this keeps spreading. My world would have been a much better option for yours to fuse with, I'd say."

Toothless' stature and preternatural reflexes leave him unharmed for the trap clearly meant for someone a bit taller. Noting everyone's pristine conditions, Cyrus opens the chest after noting no further traps attached to it. His blood boils for a moment when he sees the bottom of the wooden receptacle immediately, but something waving in the bitter cold wind catches his attention.

Wedged into the exposed grain on the lid of the chest's wood is another note. This one simply reads:
    Underneath.
    - D

The hasty scrawling of the writing indicates the note was likely left in a hurry.
    Yves Talbot, bard extraordinaire, avatar by Ishmi and the King's Men on Facebook.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Artair, now visibly hurting from the wound, although still refusing to admit it, reaches the others just in time to see the goblin fly out in front of him, then stand up, perfectly fine. He immediately spots the chest with the rest of the members in various states of pain around it.

"Och, laddies, is a wee chest beatin' ye up? Ah would nae have expect'd tha."
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-01-02 at 02:09 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"It was trapped. Ultimately I think we were lucky though. The real issue is that we went through all that for nothing. It's empty." Cyrus was in a sour mood, he'd tried to be cautious and had failed. It wouldn't do for things to keep going so poorly.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Artair peers into the chest for a moment and then says.

"It's nae empty, it jus' does nae hav' what'd ye expect in a chest like thissun.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

5. - Top - End - #185

SwashbucklerGuy

Toothless didn't even notice the trap which went over his head and thinking he successfully disarmed the trap the goblin was prepared to get to his prize. However that honor was denied to him when Cyrus opened the chest first.

Well if the longshanks wanted to take the risks he can take it. All goblins know that words steal from the mind and he wasn't going to read the note. "What note say?" he asked before looking around the chest for hidden goodies.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+5)[16]

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"The note just says 'Underneath, -D.' Do you think it could mean underneath the chest?" Cyrus replied to the goblin.

7. - Top - End - #187

As the question leaves Cyrus' lips, Toothless' rummaging around the chest turns up an unusual sound. Moving the chest around produces an unusual scraping sound, like wood scraping against metal, in addition to the sloshing of the packed down snow.
    Yves Talbot, bard extraordinaire, avatar by Ishmi and the King's Men on Facebook.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Let's try and move this chest out of the way. I think I heard something underneath it." Cyrus said. He pushes the chest aside, revealing whatever lies beneath.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

I don't know if this calls for a strength check, but I'll give it a shot. Hopefully if I screw up somebody will come to aid me
    Strength check: (1d20+1)[8]

Also, my push/drag is supposedly 650 lbs. according to mythweavers.

9. - Top - End - #189

The chest gives way to Cyrus' attempts to muscle it away from its resting spot rather easily. Underneath, he finds some of the evidence sorely lacking from the ambush site. The chest was resting atop a stash of equipment, likely looted from the bodies of the caravan guards. A plethora of armors, weapons, and other standard equipment for mercenaries are stashed under the snow. The packed in snow gives in to reveal the stash goes down quite deep and wide around the chest.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm AFB presently. I'll give an update to this post or a new one with some of the actual equipment you've found.