New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Those who choose to walk the light&Tomb of our own making joint IC

Most unfortunate, as that's literally not how death works for my kind.. And so with an alien gesture that in mortal eyes most closely corresponds to an exasperated sigh, Fevral scatters a swarm of miniscule tongues of flame onto the ground, all the while exhaling nether-worldly fumes that coalesce into four distinct creatures bearing his resemblance.

Immediately after, an invisible maelstrom assaults the room, forcefully yanking away the items from the stranger's possession.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Free Action: draw the shurikens and drop them on the squares adjacent Fevral.
    Swift Action: cast Body Outside Body (CL21) to make 4 clones, using Instant Metamagic for Echoing Spell, so that the spell can be cast again 1 hour later at -4 CL as though it had been prepared an additional time.

Spoiler: Clone 1
    Show
    Goal: Dispelling attempt for good measure
    Standard Action: use Chain Greater Dispel Magic SLA. Primary targeting the creature's held mask (1), then its sash of masks (2), then each of its article of clothing (3-19)(up to 17, but who wears that much anyway?), and finally the stranger himself (20). The clothing prioritizes those worn in the 8 (or was it 9?) magic item slots.
    Mask: (1d20+20)[27]
    Sash: (1d20+20)[39]
    Other clothing (up to 17 pcs): (1d20+20)[36], (1d20+20)[24], (1d20+20)[28], (1d20+20)[24], (1d20+20)[40], (1d20+20)[32], (1d20+20)[29], (1d20+20)[40], (1d20+20)[23], (1d20+20)[22], (1d20+20)[21], (1d20+20)[35], (1d20+20)[37], (1d20+20)[37], (1d20+20)[40], (1d20+20)[35], (1d20+20)[30]
    The Stranger: (1d20+20)[29]

Spoiler: Clone 2 & 3
    Show
    Goal: Stripping the stranger naked for good measure
    Standard Action: each of them use Extend Chain Telekinesis SLA. Primary targeting the stranger, then targeting any 20 random squares behind Fevral.

Target: Stranger using the Combat Maneuver option, Full Attack Telekinesis (Ex) at CL24 allows Clones 2 and 3 to make 4 iterative disarm checks each, aiming for the sash until it gets disarmed, and then the mask until it gets disarmed, and finally any of the main articles of clothing that can still be disarmed with any leftover iteratives. Disarm modifier for the opposed attack roll is 49 = 24 [CL as BAB] +9 [INT as STR] +16 [Legion's Battle Skill (Ex)], or 53 = 49 + 4 if the item is poorly secured.
    Clone 2's checks: (1d20+49)[52], (1d20+49)[55], (1d20+49)[50], (1d20+49)[64]
    Clone 3's checks: (1d20+49)[57], (1d20+49)[55], (1d20+49)[67], (1d20+49)[52]

Target: 20 squares using the Violent Thrust option, Clones 2 and 3 can have, per target (square, in this case), up to 15 items (with a total weight of 375 lbs) be thrown to it. In this case, these items are chosen among the stranger's apparels, with the priority of being the mask, then the sash (if disarmed), then the articles of clothing (if disarmed), and then any bag or similar sort of container. Basically, the clones will keep on trying to throw them away from the stranger's reach. Only held items get a Will Save and SR check to resist, but I think a worn item can't be thrown anyway (thus needing to disarm the sash and the clothing).
    Attack rolls won't matter, since the target is the square area anyway (DC5), but held items will need up to 20 Will Saves in order to not get thrown.

Spoiler: Clone 4
    Show

Standard Action: uses Void Disciple's Moment of Clarity to grant itself 9 ranks in Spellcraft for 4 rounds
    Standard Action: use Ring of Telekinesis (CL13), using Combat Maneuver version and Full Attack Telekinesis to make 1 trip and 2 grapple attempts against the stranger. Trip Modifier is 49 = 12 [INT as STR] + 12 [Brains over Brawn] + 25 [Mark of Cania], and Grapple Modifier is 50 = 13 [CL as BAB] +12 [INT as STR] + 25 [Mark of Cania]
    Trip: (1d20+49)[58]
    Grapple: (1d20+50)[52], (1d20+50)[63]
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raunchel View Post
    Ashourina remains seated in the air, her eyes barely opening to observe her surroundings. She hardly seems to move when the magic starts to come. Nothing can be seen, but those who can feel it know. Those who can hear her thin voice know. This is the Queen. And she does not lift a single finger to destroy such a lowly creature. Her eyes show power, and all who meet her gaze must shiver. She floats closer to the creature, even as she is readied to take lifes. Magic flows from her, as she floats closer to the creature. Finally a whisper leaves her dead lips: "Apokteine"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    So, either no active magic, or no auras. I'm guessing the last, because I don't believe in enemies completely free of any and all magical auras at this level. But that might just be my slight paranoia. Ashourina starts of with a Greater Dispel magic, using a swift action against all ongoing spell effects of this creature. She uses a free action to turn her fear aura on (dc 31 or shaken) which she follows by turning on her belt of battle for two charges, gaining herself an invisible true casting and she uses her standard action for an invisible, maximized, twinned empowered enervate. She also looks at the creature with her fear gaze, which requires another dc 31 will save, or it is panicked, shaken if succesful.

To hit 1: [roll0], Levels drained (if you will forgive me for using 1d2 for half a 1d4): [roll1]
    To hit 1: [roll2], Levels drained (if you will forgive me for using 1d2 for half a 1d4): [roll3]

I know that nearly everyone will have some immunity to stuff like this, but it feels good. And I hate having a whole spell list of which virtually every spell is useless. And if this works, this should hurt. The same goes for all the fear-based stuff. It hardly ever works, but it working for a change could be a lot of fun. And otherwise, well, there always is more insanity to go on.

And if anyone hits the Masked One in melee, I recommend that they do so from the other side, so Ashourina can make her attack of opportunity with her full sneak attack.

I already roll, in case it is needed:
    To hit: [roll4], Damage: [roll5], sneak attack: [roll6], a dc 31 fort save against paralysis for [roll7] rounds and there will also be another 2 negative levels.

The masked man chants again "Karsh Hack Kort Hevnar Kutark Havvatnons Hecorta." A dark purplish ooze of magic slides down his arm like sweat but faster, flinging itself forth as if with a will of it's own, and as it propels itself the masked man continues to chant again "Karsh Hack Kort Hevnar Kutark Havvatnons ..." Causing another grouping of droplets to form about his arm...

Quote Originally Posted by Crinias View Post
    From the shadows, unseen and unheard as far as he knows, Camus outstretches a hand towards the strange creature, prepared to utter one of his last arcane spells of the day if it attempts to cast one of its own. He only hopes it is strong enough to work.

Show
    I ready an action - if the creature starts casting another spell, I try to counterspell by casting Greater Dispel Magic.
    As the first blob of purplish energies flies forth to counter the first enervation a burst of pale white light flows from behind the dark paladin, speeding forth to interrupt the spell. In a split second the masked man finishes his incantation "...Hecorta! Keveratia!" And along his other arm silver fire lances forth faster then a bolt of lightening, catching the pale white light just as the second oozy blob of magical energies detaches itself from the masked man's arm. Catching the enervation, the purple blobs release the dark energies back towards the queen as they themselves fade to magical smoke. The silver flames, meanwhile, absorb the intensity of the white light as they return and strike Camus, but already the masked man is chanting again.
    Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Most unfortunate, as that's literally not how death works for my kind.. And so with an alien gesture that in mortal eyes most closely corresponds to an exasperated sigh, Fevral scatters a swarm of miniscule tongues of flame onto the ground, all the while exhaling nether-worldly fumes that coalesce into four distinct creatures bearing his resemblance.

Immediately after, an invisible maelstrom assaults the room, forcefully yanking away the items from the stranger's possession.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Free Action: draw the shurikens and drop them on the squares adjacent Fevral.
    Swift Action: cast Body Outside Body (CL21) to make 4 clones, using Instant Metamagic for Echoing Spell, so that the spell can be cast again 1 hour later at -4 CL as though it had been prepared an additional time.

Spoiler: Clone 1
    Show
    Goal: Dispelling attempt for good measure
    Standard Action: use Chain Greater Dispel Magic SLA. Primary targeting the creature's held mask (1), then its sash of masks (2), then each of its article of clothing (3-19)(up to 17, but who wears that much anyway?), and finally the stranger himself (20). The clothing prioritizes those worn in the 8 (or was it 9?) magic item slots.
    Mask: [roll0]
    Sash: [roll1]
    Other clothing (up to 17 pcs): [roll2], [roll3], [roll4], [roll5], [roll6], [roll7], [roll8], [roll9], [roll10], [roll11], [roll12], [roll13], [roll14], [roll15], [roll16], [roll17], [roll18]
    The Stranger: [roll19]

Spoiler: Clone 2 & 3
    Show
    Goal: Stripping the stranger naked for good measure
    Standard Action: each of them use Extend Chain Telekinesis SLA. Primary targeting the stranger, then targeting any 20 random squares behind Fevral.

Target: Stranger using the Combat Maneuver option, Full Attack Telekinesis (Ex) at CL24 allows Clones 2 and 3 to make 4 iterative disarm checks each, aiming for the sash until it gets disarmed, and then the mask until it gets disarmed, and finally any of the main articles of clothing that can still be disarmed with any leftover iteratives. Disarm modifier for the opposed attack roll is 49 = 24 [CL as BAB] +9 [INT as STR] +16 [Legion's Battle Skill (Ex)], or 53 = 49 + 4 if the item is poorly secured.
    Clone 2's checks: [roll20], [roll21], [roll22], [roll23]
    Clone 3's checks: [roll24], [roll25], [roll26], [roll27]

Target: 20 squares using the Violent Thrust option, Clones 2 and 3 can have, per target (square, in this case), up to 15 items (with a total weight of 375 lbs) be thrown to it. In this case, these items are chosen among the stranger's apparels, with the priority of being the mask, then the sash (if disarmed), then the articles of clothing (if disarmed), and then any bag or similar sort of container. Basically, the clones will keep on trying to throw them away from the stranger's reach. Only held items get a Will Save and SR check to resist, but I think a worn item can't be thrown anyway (thus needing to disarm the sash and the clothing).
    Attack rolls won't matter, since the target is the square area anyway (DC5), but held items will need up to 20 Will Saves in order to not get thrown.

Spoiler: Clone 4
    Show

Standard Action: uses Void Disciple's Moment of Clarity to grant itself 9 ranks in Spellcraft for 4 rounds
    Standard Action: use Ring of Telekinesis (CL13), using Combat Maneuver version and Full Attack Telekinesis to make 1 trip and 2 grapple attempts against the stranger. Trip Modifier is 49 = 12 [INT as STR] + 12 [Brains over Brawn] + 25 [Mark of Cania], and Grapple Modifier is 50 = 13 [CL as BAB] +12 [INT as STR] + 25 [Mark of Cania]
    Trip: [roll28]
    Grapple: [roll29], [roll30]
    Snapping his fingers he mutters "Kernockt" dispelling the magical energies of the clones as the spell is cast, both neutralizing the clones and preventing the spell's remaining diminished energies from returning to their caster. Tilting it's head and making a clucking sound it flings forth a wave of pinkish purple energies which envelop the pure arcane energies utilizing by the ring, dispelling them, and recreating them to trip the demon instead. (same rolls.)

As the white flame contacts Camus the might of his own spell falls upon his, tearing savagely at any wards and buffs he may yet have retained.

Turning to Camus&Balien he declares "Hah! Hide from me you might foul wretch, But now you tilt your hand, and knowing that you exist, you hold no power over me. Horrigto! Horrigta!" Two blasts of dark arcane energies swirl through the air striking the dark queen, resonating with her wards, and tearing that the magics through which she yet lives.
    Spoiler
    Show

Crinias, roll dispel magic against yourself.

Raunch, two twinned, one of which quickened, Reciprocal Gyre
    (will DC 24 for half, 2d6 damage/spell level of active spells up to the first 25 spell levels of magical/psionic effects)
    (will DC 24 for half, 2d6 damage/spell level of active spells up to the first 25 spell levels of magical/psionic effects)

ben, roll required rolls against being tripped/grappled by your own telekinesis.

Party Up
    Last edited by drack; 2015-06-20 at 03:40 PM.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

"You succeed only in prolonging your suffering."

Like a dark bird of prey, Balien descends upon the Masked one and attacks him relentlessly.

"Do not resist. Accept Ashourina's love.
    "Accept death."

Spoiler: Attack
    Show

Divine Strength (Not a spell, so it can't be dispelled) and then.. CHEAAAAAARRRRGE!!! (Lion's Charge already Activated )

1st Attack: (1d20+45)[46]
    Crit Chance: (1d20+45)[52]
    Damage (2d6+34)[41] x3 valorous & leap attack +30 from PA
    Crit damage:(2d6+34)[38]
    Electric (1d6)[6]
    Cold (1d6)[2]
    Icy burst (2d10)[17]
    Unholy (2d6)[10]
    Take 1 negative level.

2nd Attack: (1d20+45)[52]
    Crit Chance: (1d20+45)[60]
    Damage (2d6+34)[43] x3 valorous & leap attack +30 from PA
    Crit damage:(2d6+34)[45]
    Electric (1d6)[4]
    Cold (1d6)[3]
    Icy burst (2d10)[6]
    Unholy (2d6)[7]
    Take 1 negative level.

3rd Attack: (1d20+35)[41]
    Crit Chance: (1d20+35)[44]
    Damage (2d6+34)[40] x3 valorous & leap attack +30 from PA
    Crit damage:(2d6+34)[39]
    Electric (1d6)[6]
    Cold (1d6)[3]
    Icy burst (2d10)[14]
    Unholy (2d6)[11]
    Take 1 negative level.

4th Attack: (1d20+30)[47]
    Crit Chance: (1d20+30)[44]
    Damage (2d6+34)[39] x3 valorous & leap attack +30 from PA
    Crit damage:(2d6+34)[44]
    Electric (1d6)[2]
    Cold (1d6)[6]
    Icy burst (2d10)[10]
    Unholy (2d6)[5]
    Take 1 negative level.
    Very busy these days and so posting will be sparse.

Extended Sig.

Lady Cordelia of Grimmfell Avatar created by yours truly.

Spoiler: Full image
    Show

4. - Top - End - #184
    Bugbear in the Playground

Camus appears from nothing as his cover is blown; the act of trying to stop the creature's spell made him visible. He does not seem alarmed at many of his spells being dispelled. Rather, he seems annoyed at the creature's general mannerisms. Like he is boring. Like his tone and theatrics are out of place. Like he's a badly written character out of a particularly unimaginative narrative. There is a lot that is out of place in this situation, he thinks.

He starts to speak to the creature, and as he does, his eyes start to shine a little with light. "Inspect. Now that you know I exist, I don't hold power over you? What sort of logic is that?"

Show
    Before taking the rest of my actions, I activate my Contingency via the keyword to receive the effects of Analyze Dweomer, and examine the masked creature as a free action. It probably won't work but it's worth a shot.

I also want to see what effect Balien's attacks have on the creature before making my own.

EDIT: I guess this means I delay until just after Balien.
    Last edited by Crinias; 2015-06-20 at 08:37 PM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ashourina remains serene, unaffected by the spells searing through her body. She has died, too often to be counted. It does not affect her, not truly. She does not even blink. She remains, the body intact. Unaffected.

Finally her eyes open, staring into the distance. The face is passive, as it should be. Motion is bad, emotion is a flaw. The whisper again emerges from her ancient throat: "Yashmagh verath."

Show
    An invisible Harm to deal with the hp loss, and a greater magic weapon for my dearest champion. Alongside that, the attack of opportunity thing is still on, just like the fear aura and all those things.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Fevral mumbles an ancient baatorian curse, causing a cloud inky blackness to creep out from beneath his foe, blocking all sights and sounds. Once he saw the seeds of darkness bear fruit, he once again exhales the nether-worldly fume that breathes life into his doppelgaengers.

His body then begins to slowly peel itself off, layer by layer, with each portion of sloughed-off shed transforming into a deathraven, until his previous vessel is completely gone and replaced by the latter's entire unkindness. The entire flock swiftly swarms the enemy, bringing misery and woe upon it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler: Knowledge/Spellcraft checks (whichever apply) to find out the nature behind the enemy's capability to repel and reflect magic
    Show
    Spellcraft: (1d20+67)[68]
    Arcana: (1d20+60)[67]
    the Planes: (1d20+44)[61]
    Religion: (1d20+38)[46]
    Psionics: (1d20+38)[43]
    Nature: (1d20+38)[55]
    Geography: (1d20+38)[50]

Swift Action: cast Creeping Darkness, such that only the foe is within the area and is thus the only one with blocked sight and sound.
    Standard Action: use Body Outside Body SLA. I will post the actions later, if it succeeds.
    Free Action: change form from Shapechange into a Deathraven Swarm (BoED p.189)
    Move Action: move into the foe's space, with it getting the following effects once under my space:
    • Wreath of Flames*: (1d6+25)[30] fire damage (ignore resistance, or halved damage if normally immune), causes shaken condition, deals 1 negative level
    • automatic swarm damage: (4d8+25)[36]
    • Distraction (Ex): if foe is a living creature, DC21 Fort save or be Nauseated
    • Pluck Eyes (Ex): if Fevral manages to deal any damage to the foe, it becomes permanently blind at a roll of 20 or below, (d100)[29]
    • Touch of Death (Su): if foe is a living creature and was damaged by Fevral, DC21 Fort save or die. Can't be raised/reincarnated/resurrected, except by a Wish or Miracle

*Has no save, no SR, no attack, and the target is the caster (Fevral) instead of the enemy; Metamagics: (Searing, Fell Drain, Fell Frighten, Transdimensional)[/INDENT]

I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Camus appears from nothing as his cover is blown; the act of trying to stop the creature's spell made him visible. He does not seem alarmed at many of his spells being dispelled. Rather, he seems annoyed at the creature's general mannerisms. Like he is boring. Like his tone and theatrics are out of place. Like he's a badly written character out of a particularly unimaginative narrative. There is a lot that is out of place in this situation, he thinks.

He starts to speak to the creature, and as he does, his eyes start to shine a little with light. "Inspect. Now that you know I exist, I don't hold power over you? What sort of logic is that?"

Show
    Before taking the rest of my actions, I activate my Contingency via the keyword to receive the effects of Analyze Dweomer, and examine the masked creature as a free action. It probably won't work but it's worth a shot.

I also want to see what effect Balien's attacks have on the creature before making my own.

EDIT: I guess this means I delay until just after Balien.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see no magic upon the masked man.

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Fevral mumbles an ancient baatorian curse, causing a cloud inky blackness to creep out from beneath his foe, blocking all sights and sounds. Once he saw the seeds of darkness bear fruit, he once again exhales the nether-worldly fume that breathes life into his doppelgaengers.

His body then begins to slowly peel itself off, layer by layer, with each portion of sloughed-off shed transforming into a deathraven, until his previous vessel is completely gone and replaced by the latter's entire unkindness. The entire flock swiftly swarms the enemy, bringing misery and woe upon it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler: Knowledge/Spellcraft checks (whichever apply) to find out the nature behind the enemy's capability to repel and reflect magic
    Show
    Spellcraft: [roll0]
    Arcana: [roll1]
    the Planes: [roll2]
    Religion: [roll3]
    Psionics: [roll4]
    Nature: [roll5]
    Geography: [roll6]

Swift Action: cast Creeping Darkness, such that only the foe is within the area and is thus the only one with blocked sight and sound.
    Standard Action: use Body Outside Body SLA. I will post the actions later, if it succeeds.
    Free Action: change form from Shapechange into a Deathraven Swarm (BoED p.189)
    Move Action: move into the foe's space, with it getting the following effects once under my space:
    • Wreath of Flames*: [roll7] fire damage (ignore resistance, or halved damage if normally immune), causes shaken condition, deals 1 negative level
    • automatic swarm damage: [roll8]
    • Distraction (Ex): if foe is a living creature, DC21 Fort save or be Nauseated
    • Pluck Eyes (Ex): if Fevral manages to deal any damage to the foe, it becomes permanently blind at a roll of 20 or below, [roll9]
    • Touch of Death (Su): if foe is a living creature and was damaged by Fevral, DC21 Fort save or die. Can't be raised/reincarnated/resurrected, except by a Wish or Miracle

*Has no save, no SR, no attack, and the target is the caster (Fevral) instead of the enemy; Metamagics: (Searing, Fell Drain, Fell Frighten, Transdimensional)[/INDENT]

The masked man counters the darkness, but you feel your body splitting as the duplicates once more take shape about you, even as you turn to the swarm of dark terrors that plague the man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raunchel View Post
    Ashourina remains serene, unaffected by the spells searing through her body. She has died, too often to be counted. It does not affect her, not truly. She does not even blink. She remains, the body intact. Unaffected.

Finally her eyes open, staring into the distance. The face is passive, as it should be. Motion is bad, emotion is a flaw. The whisper again emerges from her ancient throat: "Yashmagh verath."

Show
    An invisible Harm to deal with the hp loss, and a greater magic weapon for my dearest champion. Alongside that, the attack of opportunity thing is still on, just like the fear aura and all those things.
    Even silenced as he is the man counters the healing effect, looking every bit as if he's laughing at you despite the silence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Grave View Post
    "You succeed only in prolonging your suffering."

Like a dark bird of prey, Balien descends upon the Masked one and attacks him relentlessly.

"Do not resist. Accept Ashourina's love.
    "Accept death."

Spoiler: Attack
    Show

Divine Strength (Not a spell, so it can't be dispelled) and then.. CHEAAAAAARRRRGE!!! (Lion's Charge already Activated )

1st Attack: [roll0]
    Crit Chance: [roll1]
    Damage [roll2] x3 valorous & leap attack +30 from PA
    Crit damage:[roll3]
    Electric [roll4]
    Cold [roll5]
    Icy burst [roll6]
    Unholy [roll7]
    Take 1 negative level.

2nd Attack: [roll8]
    Crit Chance: [roll9]
    Damage [roll10] x3 valorous & leap attack +30 from PA
    Crit damage:[roll11]
    Electric [roll12]
    Cold [roll13]
    Icy burst [roll14]
    Unholy [roll15]
    Take 1 negative level.

3rd Attack: [roll16]
    Crit Chance: [roll17]
    Damage [roll18] x3 valorous & leap attack +30 from PA
    Crit damage:[roll19]
    Electric [roll20]
    Cold [roll21]
    Icy burst [roll22]
    Unholy [roll23]
    Take 1 negative level.

4th Attack: [roll24]
    Crit Chance: [roll25]
    Damage [roll26] x3 valorous & leap attack +30 from PA
    Crit damage:[roll27]
    Electric [roll28]
    Cold [roll29]
    Icy burst [roll30]
    Unholy [roll31]
    Take 1 negative level.
    Even as the blade pierces his skin spewing oozing purple blood across the catacomb floors he continues to caught, a condescending look in his eyes. Again and again the blade tore at his flesh and still he laughed up until he finally fell unmoving to the ground.

As the masked man falls you're all struck with the instant intuitive knowledge of danger. All about you the catacombs begin to blur as dark specks form leaving you with a mere instant to respond.

Crinias&Grave
    Spoiler
    Show

You recognize this as almost identical to how the other plane looked the instant before Shamberstaff finished leaving, the moment before the plane imploded in upon itself.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

Balien, after watching his opponent fall to the cobbled stone they stood on, looked about him as everything began to collapse, just as it did in Shamberstaff's realm. He knew it wouldn't be long before the void consumed this place, and it would spare none within.

But there was still the chance that the fallen wretch at his feet was still alive. He needed a... proper execution. And Proper executions take time. Time they did not have.

"We must be away from here. And the Masked One with us."

Extended Sig.

Show

9. - Top - End - #189

Quickly, and glad that he waited before acting, Camus moves right next to the Queen, and starts speaking urgently. "My lady, this plane is about to implode, and with it all of us. We need to leave right now."

Then, turning to the others: "Balien, come quickly. Fevral, use your telekinesis to bring the body of the creature with us, I'll get us out as soon as you both do."

Show
    Camus readies himself to cast Plane Shift on himself and the rest of the group once they and the body of the masked man are all in range.

Spoiler: drack
    Show
    The destination shall be the Plane of Shadows.
    Last edited by Crinias; 2015-06-30 at 05:51 PM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Invoking the powers of magic to leave the crumbling world behind you find yourselves in a small patch, perhaps half a mile across, that vaguely resembles the material plane, but that everything is grey and looks like it's melting. Amongst the melting goo a single figure stands garbed in black with a staff of interwoven wispy strands of shadow itself. Pointing the staff down at you the figure demands "State your purpose in intruding upon my realm."

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by drack View Post
    Invoking the powers of magic to leave the crumbling world behind you find yourselves in a small patch, perhaps half a mile across, that vaguely resembles the material plane, but that everything is grey and looks like it's melting. Amongst the melting goo a single figure stands garbed in black with a staff of interwoven wispy strands of shadow itself. Pointing the staff down at you the figure demands "State your purpose in intruding upon my realm."
    Another one.

Balien was tired of dealing with one would be "god" after another. It was time to make an example of one.

He looked to the shadowy figure. "Excuse us."

He kicked the Masked One onto his back and spread his wings.

"I now commit your soul to the void, creature. Only Ashourina can save you.
    "If ye be unworthy in her eyes, then may the cold oblivion claim thee."

He raised his blade high and brought it down upon the creature's neck with all of his might.

Spoiler: Coup de Grace
    Show
    (2d6+71)[78]
    crit(2d6+41)[46]
    Last edited by Sir Grave; 2015-06-30 at 07:33 PM.

Extended Sig.

Show

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Your blade sinks hungrily into the corpse catching the spine.

"...and I'm wearied of half cocked adventurers blabbing on about their own great prowess and ignoring the civil discourse of others. perhaps I had better just kill the fools who think to trespass upon that which is mine."

As an arc of frost crosses the still air a huge shadowy figure detaches itself from the landscape.
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+25)[39] touch attack
    (10d6)[30] cold damage to Balien.

Shadowy figure is a nightstalker.

"Now perhaps you'll give up on this nonsense about cold oblivion and treat the fellow upon who's land you trespass with some respect."

13. - Top - End - #193

Deep inside his heart of hearts, Camus suppresses a sigh. He feels the overwhelming condition of suffering pervading the world. He feels compassion for Balien in this moment. And then he returns to reality.

"Balien, stop that, you're really embarrassing yourself." He turns to the shadowy figure. "I was not aware that the Plane of Shadows was suddenly under new management, but I should have expected it. With who do I have the pleasure of speaking?"

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm Harry Osbin, greetings unnamed trespasser." The robed figure returns with a flourished bow.
    "... now if you might state the nature of your abrupt intrusion...?"
    Last edited by drack; 2015-06-30 at 08:10 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

"I'm Harry Osbin, greetings unnamed trespasser." The robed figure returns with a flourished bow.
    "... now if you might state the nature of your abrupt intrusion...?"
    After executing the Masked One, Balien took biting frost to his arm, numbing it without feeling any real pain. The paladin raised his arm, examining the damage. "..."

He focused his powers towards healing. A frozen arm wouldn't do.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Cure Serious(4d8+20)[39]
    Lay on Hands (27 pts healed)

He then looked to the one who attacked him. "Life or death.
    "The realm we came from was collapsing around us after this one,"
    he said kicking the Masked One's body, "fell by my blade. Action was needed. Now..." he added, looking directly at Camus, "Why this realm was chosen I cannot answer."
    Last edited by Sir Grave; 2015-07-01 at 10:30 AM.

Extended Sig.

Show

16. - Top - End - #196

Camus rolls his eyes. Would there be no respite wherever they went? "There was no real significance to this location. I chose it on a whim. This plane is generally comforting and easy to live in. Time passes here, unlike the Astral, and compared to the Material it's easier to hide or move around without people bothering you." He says this with a straight face.

"If anyone really insists, I could get shift us again, elsewhere. But I'm frankly tired of having to run around aimlessly. What is it with everyone trying to brutally murder us or tell us to surrender? Can't we just, relax, maybe eat something while talking things over?"

He turns towards the queen. "What would my lady think of this? Should we move on or stay?"

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

Camus rolls his eyes. Would there be no respite wherever they went? "There was no real significance to this location. I chose it on a whim. This plane is generally comforting and easy to live in. Time passes here, unlike the Astral, and compared to the Material it's easier to hide or move around without people bothering you." He says this with a straight face.

"If anyone really insists, I could get shift us again, elsewhere. But I'm frankly tired of having to run around aimlessly. What is it with everyone trying to brutally murder us or tell us to surrender? Can't we just, relax, maybe eat something while talking things over?"

He turns towards the queen. "What would my lady think of this? Should we move on or stay?"
    "..."

Balien at least knew enough about the planes of existence that they were many, and plenty of these realms fit the needs of the material. If anything, this world would be one of the last to be considered safe. Many things lurk in the blackness... dangerous things. Camus claims he chose it on a whim, but Balien wondered...

Within the Masked One's cathedral, there was hardly light... and not once did he see Camus until he revealed himself. Not even his true seeing unveiled him... there were no illusions to cast aside. Somehow, he blended with the shadows. And this was a plane of shadow...

Camus, in a very subtle way, has offered his opinion that they should remain here. On the surface, it would seem he had a point. Despite this 'Harry Osbin's' previous aggression, he did not seem to regard them as enemies. And it did seem like a good place to hide...

...for Camus...

The paladin had wondered if he had made the right decision in allowing Camus to be so close to the Queen, even under the present circumstances. He had learned much from just observing him, but it was what he didn't know that concerned him. So if they end the current threat. then what? What was Camus' end game?

What was worse, Balien wasn't sure if the elf had earned the Queens trust. He could never read Ashourina. Could she see past Camus' inexpressive demeanor? Or was she allowing Camus to manipulate her?

He wanted to voice his concern. He wanted to speak against this course of action to remain in shadow.

But no one speaks before the queen is allowed to answer.
    Last edited by Sir Grave; 2015-07-05 at 01:07 PM.

Extended Sig.

Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Fevral spoke to the queen in thoughts, Your majesty, I find the matters of your dominion's apparent spatial distortion of greater importance than killing for sport. I suggest the path of diplomacy, perhaps leaving the matter up to your servants if such tasks are too menial for her highness.

The baatezu had his phantasms remain prostrated to the shadowy ground, while he himself approached the being who was introduced as Harry Osbin. While his voice is brimming with spite, it also felt irritatingly straightforward and disturbingly (for a fiend, at least) bereft of deceit. "Trespassers we may be, oh great Harry Osbin, but I can assure you that such passage of your realm remain mostly coincidental."

19. - Top - End - #199

Ashourina sits in the air, serenely with her legs folded and her eyes closed, cut off from the irrelevances of her surroundings. At least, that is how she appears. In fact she is thinking, considering and planning. This new being is an enemy, but not a mortal foe. To be used, to be twisted. To be made to see. "Realms gain birth and collapse, as all things rise and fall. Servants are to act, not to think. There is nothing to be forgiven, it is against the natural order of all that is, was and will be. Travel is a whim by necessity, one that ought to be entertained, not condemned."

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

"That was before the death of the gods, now reality does not rise and all abides by our whims. I was agreed that all must submit and accept our rule, especially within the realms we control, so I fear if you do not bow, submit, embrace me as your god, or obey me, I am honer bound to end your existence. Just as what you describe are the laws of the reality that was, these are the laws of the reality that is now. ...and just as those had been, were, and always would be, so too have these new laws always been, are, and always will be. Perhaps you have cause to be misguided on such topics as you are, but as of the death of the gods such a thing simply holds no truth. Now if you would each incline your heads I would take it as a bow of submission and allow you safe passage from this plane, but otherwise I fear I'm bound to my word..."

Waving his hand slightly he causes some of the shadowy earth to move uncovering some hundred odd humanoid corpses. Waving his hand back he re-covers the dead. "It is an unsightly ordeal." he adds, wrinkling his nose at the slaughter as it's hidden once more.

21. - Top - End - #201

"Here we reach the point of issue. You are under the illusion that there are no more gods, but you are most gravely mistaken. I am Ashourina, divine queen of all that is. You must submit, or you must perish, as all must before me. Lay yourself down on the ground, touch your forehead to the ground, and I will allow you to rise, with my blessing. If you do not, you will be destroyed, and you will still serve me.", Ashourina answers, still serenely sitting in the air.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

Ashourina's words were spoken. And in Balien's experience, these supposed gods would not back down. The coming conflict was as clear as the last.

Positioning himself between Ashourina and Osbin, he readied himself. But before he engaged, he had to ask before there was no chance.

"Who promised you this world? Who is the one responsible for the death of the gods? Who's contract do you honor? On who's behalf should we 'bow and submit' to you? Tell us."

Spoiler: Readying stuff
    Show
    Lion's charge, Divine Shield, Divine Strength
    Last edited by Sir Grave; 2015-07-06 at 12:03 PM.

Extended Sig.

Show

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Harry shakes his head, and as he does magic flickers dispelling all active effects. Otherwise ignoring the foot-soldier's demands he turns to the queen. Firmly but with surprising gentleness he replies. "You are not a god, else you wouldn't flee to my realm in such ragged shape. Forget your arrogance least it take from you your unlife too."

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

Harry shakes his head, and as he does magic flickers dispelling all active effects. Otherwise ignoring the foot-soldier's demands he turns to the queen. Firmly but with surprising gentleness he replies. "You are not a god, else you wouldn't flee to my realm in such ragged shape. Forget your arrogance least it take from you your unlife too."
    "But you. You're a god?"

Balien pointed his blade at the Masked One who lay dead with his head missing. "Was the Masked One a god? He claimed to have killed gods, just as you have claimed to have killed gods. Tell, be, Osbin, how is it a 'lowly mortal' such as myself executed him so easily?

"And you've not answered my previous line of questioning. Who is it you are sworn to?"
    Last edited by Sir Grave; 2015-07-06 at 04:15 PM.

Extended Sig.

Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Speaking slowly as if explaining something complicated Harry Osbin replies with the same emphasis. "I'm busy negotiating telepathically so I don't get screwed in our little deal. So far I've done remarkably well, the plane of shadows is quite a nice place after all. You are going to bow your heads and walk to safety counting your lucky stars that I am so otherwise occupied and you'll think long and hard on your manners for future encounters with your betters. It does not boost your charm to add threats, demands, and questioning atop trespassing." Waving his staff Harry changes the traits of the plane. In an instant it seems to shrink to a cube, a mere 20 feet in length with a glistening portal of silver before you.

New planer traits
    Spoiler
    Show

Subjective directional gravity
    Normal time
    Finite size
    non-morphic
    No element dominant traits
    no energy dominant traits
    Not aligned with any alignment
    normal magic
    travel-locked (as of forbiddance were cast, the portal however is still there so you'd assume it works.)
    Last edited by drack; 2015-07-06 at 05:08 PM.

26. - Top - End - #206

"Let not a word of insult be spoken. Submit yourself in life or in death. I do not care, you are beneath me, like all those little creatures that fill the planes. But whatever happens, you will submit."

Show
    So, let's try again, against this creature. First another invisible, maximized, twinned empowered enervate.

To hit 1: (1d20+32)[34], loses [rol]1d2+4[/roll] levels
    To hit 1: (1d20+32)[41], loses [rol]1d2+4[/roll] levels

And the fear aura goes on again (DC 31 or shaken)

And she uses her fear gaze. (DC 31 or panicked, shaken if passed)

I will determine the swift action once I know if the enervate works.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Speaking slowly as if explaining something complicated Harry Osbin replies with the same emphasis. "I'm busy negotiating telepathically so I don't get screwed in our little deal. So far I've done remarkably well, the plane of shadows is quite a nice place after all. You are going to bow your heads and walk to safety counting your lucky stars that I am so otherwise occupied and you'll think long and hard on your manners for future encounters with your betters. It does not boost your charm to add threats, demands, and questioning atop trespassing." Waving his staff Harry changes the traits of the plane. In an instant it seems to shrink to a cube, a mere 20 feet in length with a glistening portal of silver before you.

New planer traits
    Spoiler
    Show

Subjective directional gravity
    Normal time
    Finite size
    non-morphic
    No element dominant traits
    no energy dominant traits
    Not aligned with any alignment
    normal magic
    travel-locked (as of forbiddance were cast, the portal however is still there so you'd assume it works.)
    "Then you make a poor negotiator. For you've only earned the Queen's wrath."

Like with previous enemies, the dark paladin flies on swift wings at Osbin, blade crackling with an unholy energy.

"Perhaps after you die, we can speak of respect."

Spoiler: He gonna die
    Show

Activate Law Devotion, CHEEAAAAAAARRRGE!!!!!

1st Attack: (1d20+64)[72]
    Crit Chance: (1d20+64)[79]
    Damage (2d6+39)[50] x3 valorous & leap attack +30 from PA
    Crit damage:(2d6+39)[47]
    Electric (1d6)[4]
    Cold (1d6)[1]
    Icy burst (2d10)[11]
    Unholy (2d6)[6]
    Take 1 negative level.

2nd Attack: (1d20+64)[65]
    Crit Chance: (1d20+64)[69]
    Damage (2d6+39)[44] x3 valorous & leap attack +30 from PA
    Crit damage:(2d6+39)[48]
    Electric (1d6)[3]
    Cold (1d6)[5]
    Icy burst (2d10)[15]
    Unholy (2d6)[10]
    Take 1 negative level.

3rd Attack: (1d20+54)[56]
    Crit Chance: (1d20+54)[74]
    Damage (2d6+39)[43] x3 valorous & leap attack +30 from PA
    Crit damage:(2d6+39)[42]
    Electric (1d6)[5]
    Cold (1d6)[4]
    Icy burst (2d10)[16]
    Unholy (2d6)[5]
    Take 1 negative level.

4th Attack: (1d20+49)[59]
    Crit Chance: (1d20+49)[51]
    Damage (2d6+39)[44] x3 valorous & leap attack +30 from PA
    Crit damage:(2d6+39)[43]
    Electric (1d6)[1]
    Cold (1d6)[1]
    Icy burst (2d10)[12]
    Unholy (2d6)[7]
    Take 1 negative level.

Extended Sig.

Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Despite diplomacy being already thrown out the door like an unwelcome guest, Fevral remains still from where he stands, brewing his next ploy while his doppelgangers do the mechanical work for him. O, why must subtlety be such an elusive weapon for you to wield?, he thought to himself.

One of the fiends is making a hushing gesture at Osbin when an overwhelming dweomer of arcane desolation surrounds the latter. A pair of fiends then make wide-arcing, sweeping gestures with each of their hands, apparently causing invisible maelstroms to violently pry the staff off of Osbin's hand.

Another pair had each of their body erratically contort, forcibly realigning muscles, tendons, and leathery skin, into an aberrant silhouette that unmistakably resembles that of a beholder. From their hatred-filled eyes, each beholder-mockeries initially fire a concentrated beam of pure entropy that revitalize the queen, and then a disintegrating ray and a ray of invisible force towards the staff, and finally a ray of petrification against the lone enemy itself. After the salvo of eyebeams, the bodies discorporate themselves into flocks of foul deathravens that seek to sate their craving for the enemy's flesh.

Just as they finished with their meal, yet another pair follow suit, discorporating themselves into the same voracious scavengers of despair that feast on Osbin once again. Soon after, their form reconstitutes into two sets of animated suits of ornately crafted, polished, black ceramic plate armor. Their new knightly figures then begin manhandling Osbin to the ground.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Since the conversation didn't seem to last a minute, I'm going to assume that the clones are still around. If not, the clone/s reusing the SLA during their last round will cause a new set of 8 clones to appear (it's actually more than that at 64 clones, but as I already mentioned before, I will tone it down to manageable levels, so I'll only be using what's effectively just a single casting's worth of clones).

Fevral
    Standard Action: Ready to use Telekinesis (from his ring) against any of Osbin's action that could be avoided by tactical repositioning via Telekinesis.

Clone 1 (this clone is not mentioned in the fluff, as he isn't doing anything but readying)
    Standard Action: Ready to use Telekinesis (SLA) against any of Osbin's action that could be avoided by tactical repositioning via Telekinesis but that Fevral couldn't avoid (such as by already using up Fevral's readied action, or by Fevral being unconscious for some reason).

Clone 2
    Standard Action: use Chain Greater Dispel Magic SLA, targeting the staff primarily, and then the rest of Osbin's individual clothing, containers, and weapons (max 19 items), and finally Osbin itself.
    Spoiler: Dispel Checks
    Show
    Spoiler: Dispel 1 (Staff)
    Show
    (1d20+20)[33](1d20+20)[23]
    I'll roll more later if needed
    Spoiler: Dispel 2 (arbitrary item)
    Show
    (1d20+20)[35](1d20+20)[33]
    Spoiler: Dispel 3 (arbitrary item)
    Show
    (1d20+20)[32](1d20+20)[26]
    Spoiler: Dispel 4 (arbitrary item)
    Show
    (1d20+20)[21](1d20+20)[34]
    Spoiler: Dispel 5 (arbitrary item)
    Show
    (1d20+20)[37](1d20+20)[39]
    Spoiler: Dispel 6 (arbitrary item)
    Show
    (1d20+20)[30](1d20+20)[26]
    Spoiler: Dispel 7 (arbitrary item)
    Show
    (1d20+20)[37](1d20+20)[35]
    Spoiler: Dispel 8 (arbitrary item)
    Show
    (1d20+20)[39](1d20+20)[21]
    Spoiler: Dispel 9 (arbitrary item)
    Show
    (1d20+20)[28](1d20+20)[31]
    Spoiler: Dispel 10 (arbitrary item)
    Show
    (1d20+20)[32](1d20+20)[34]
    Spoiler: Dispel 11 (arbitrary item)
    Show
    (1d20+20)[31](1d20+20)[33]
    Spoiler: Dispel 12 (arbitrary item)
    Show
    (1d20+20)[31](1d20+20)[27]
    Spoiler: Dispel 13 (arbitrary item)
    Show
    (1d20+20)[21](1d20+20)[30]
    Spoiler: Dispel 14 (arbitrary item)
    Show
    (1d20+20)[24](1d20+20)[28]
    Spoiler: Dispel 15 (arbitrary item)
    Show
    (1d20+20)[33](1d20+20)[26]
    Spoiler: Dispel 16 (arbitrary item)
    Show
    (1d20+20)[36](1d20+20)[26]
    Spoiler: Dispel 17 (arbitrary item)
    Show
    (1d20+20)[29](1d20+20)[31]
    Spoiler: Dispel 18 (arbitrary item)
    Show
    (1d20+20)[38](1d20+20)[21]
    Spoiler: Dispel 19 (arbitrary item)
    Show
    (1d20+20)[37](1d20+20)[38]
    Spoiler: Dispel 20 (arbitrary item)
    Show
    (1d20+20)[34](1d20+20)[33]
    Spoiler: Dispel 21 (Osbin)
    Show
    (1d20+20)[37](1d20+20)[24]

Clone 3-4 (technically Clone 3 will go first, so if Clone 3's tactics didn't work on Osbin, Clone 4 will change its tactics)
    Standard Action: each will use Chain Telekinesis SLA, targeting as many of the clones' items as possible (up to 21 individual targets per clone) for the Violent Thrust option, forcibly using Osbin's staff as ammunition (i.e. the staff must succeed on 42 DC23 Will saves or be yanked away from Osbin's possession).

Clone 5-6 (technically Clone 5 will go first, so if Clone 5's tactics didn't work on Osbin, Clone 6 will change its tactics)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Action: each will use Shapechange SLA, to turn into a beholder
    Free Action: each will turn their Antimagic Cone (Su) off
    Free Action: each will use their Inflict Moderate Wounds eye ray on Ashourina to heal her: (2d8+10)[23], (2d8+10)[25].
    Free Action: if at any point the ray is deflected back towards the clone, that clone will change form as a free action into a deathraven swarm in response (and thus can't be targeted as a single creature)
    Free Action: each will use their Disintegrate eye ray on the staff (DC20 Fortitude Save for partial, if applicable)
    Ranged Touch 1: (1d20+16)[29] for damage of (26d6)[95], or (5d6)[22] on successful save
    Ranged Touch 2: (1d20+16)[18] for damage of (26d6)[106], or (5d6)[25] on successful save
    Free Action: each will use their Telekinesis eye ray. If the staff is no longer in Osbin's possession, then use all four iterative telekinesis attacks (CL17=BAB17) to grapple Osbin. If the staff is still not destroyed and still in possession of Osbin, then use disarm for the iteratives first.
    Telekinesis Full-Attack 1: (add +4 if check is for grapple) (1d20+26)[40], (1d20+26)[36], (1d20+26)[45], (1d20+26)[40]
    Telekinesis Full-Attack 2: (add +4 if check is for grapple) (1d20+26)[32], (1d20+26)[36], (1d20+26)[44], (1d20+26)[46]
    Free Action: each will use their DC20 Fort negates Flesh to Stone eye ray on Osbin. Ranged Touch 1: (1d20+16)[36], Ranged Touch 2: (1d20+16)[26]
    Free Action: if they haven't already changed form into a deathraven, now they each change into one.
    Move Action: each will occupy Osbin's square one at a time, for swarm damage: (4d8)[23], (4d8)[20], and these rider effects:
    Distraction (Ex): 2 DC21 Fort Saves at the start of Osbin's round, or nauseated for 1 round if he's a living creature
    Pluck Eyes (Ex): if Osbin was damaged by the swarms this turn, he is permanently blinded if any of these (d100)[32], (d100)[40] rolls 20 or below
    Touch of Death (Su): if Osbin is a living creature and was damaged by the swarms this turn, 2 DC21 Fort Saves or die (can only be revived via Wish/Miracle)

Clones 7-8 (technically Clone 7 will go first, so if Clone 7's tactics didn't work on Osbin, Clone 8 will change its tactics)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard Action: each will use Shapechange SLA, to turn into a deathraven swarm
    Move Action: each will occupy Osbin's square one at a time, for swarm damage: (4d8)[17], (4d8)[15], and these rider effects:
    Pluck Eyes (Ex): if Osbin was damaged by the swarms this turn, he is permanently blinded if any of these (d100)[81], (d100)[37] rolls 20 or below
    Touch of Death (Su): if Osbin is a living creature and was damaged by the swarms this turn, 2 DC21 Fort Saves or die (can only be revived via Wish/Miracle)
    Free Action: each will change form into a Zodar from Fiend Folio (I'm not using their Wish, Zodars are just actually pretty good in this cramped situation)
    Free Action: each will use Zodar's Burst of Strength, to get Str score of 50.
    Standard Action: each will try to grapple Osbin
    Grapple 1: touch attack (with Inspiration point) (1d20+43)[44] that provokes AoO, if AoO fails then Grapple check (1d20+34)[45]
    Grapple 2: touch attack (with Inspiration point) (1d20+43)[60] that provokes AoO, if AoO fails then Grapple check (1d20+34)[53]