New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Stolen Land - Mythos Kingmaker [IC]

"That means between eight and fourteen that would be opposed..." Aluine says, thoughtful. She seems to have forgotten to translate for Liu as she got more into the issue, "and you say they are some of your strongest?"
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

He nods. "Yes, those who would be opposed are also many of those who are strongest. Because they are strong, they bully and extort from others. They will not want to lose this power. I know of seven."

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

"Suppose we'll have to deal with the seven then" Liu commented, having otherwise been content to listen to the conversation without interjecting. Not that she hadn't wanted to. Only, she recalled that of late she'd been the subject of frequent reminders that her experiance with the world was lacking, and things were not quite as they seemed. As such, she bit her tongue and listened, rather than interrupt in a matter that she sensed that she only just understood. "What would it take to bring them in line, and what would it take to keep them there?"

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

After translation, Grabbles almost immediately responds with a decisive nod. "Kill them." But then he hesitates, and tries again. "...Or, perhaps bribe them? Or make them work elsewhere?" He seems unsure of how to work the new ideas of friendship with those who most definitely would not accept them.

5. - Top - End - #215

Aluine hums quietly, "I think the name of the game, so to speak, is compromise," she says after a moment, "bring up the idea to your whole tribe, get reactions and concerns, so that everyone gets a say, then see if we can come up with a solution that will allow everyone to work together."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Grabbles slowly nods. "I do not think it is possible, but I will try to get as close to that as I can. Will you let me out or rebuild a larger cage for all of us so that I may speak to them?"

7. - Top - End - #217

Aluine nods, and unlocks the grate, "we will need to organize those here, some fled from the tunnels, so not everyone is here, we'll need to go back soon if we're to set this up properly."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    I'mma call that good enough, sorry Spades if you wanted to do more, we can do that separately if you'd like.

The group makes the journey back to the mites' cavern, but finds it strangely empty. Only once you silently make it within eyeshot of the chasm do you see a massed gathering of the mites. One seems to be making a quiet, tearful speech over the chasm, and a moment later, ends it by tossing a small ball in. It seems like a... funeral?

Spoiler: Map
    Show

Put yourself anywhere, though I'd guess you'd be around the bend in R5.

Numbers represent numbers of mites.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    (1d20+8)[16], (1d20)[15], (1d20)[3]
    Last edited by r2d2go; 2015-10-05 at 11:11 PM.

9. - Top - End - #219

Aluine looks on with a mild curiosity, before asking Grabbles in a whisper, "what exactly is going on here?"

If it was of some importance, Aluine really didn't want to interrupt the ceremony.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Grabbles seems to have teared up as well, softly saying, "It is a funeral for Tickleback and Whippy." He looks around, wiping the tears from his eyes with the back of his arm, then attempts to point out a few of the mites. "We know this 'friendship' with our bugs. But... those, the ones who are only frowning, not crying. They are likely the ones who do not know this. They... will likely try to fight, if their rights are threatened."

11. - Top - End - #221

Aluine nods, "we should wait until the ceremony is over then... you can join them if you want."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Grabbles nods, and joins the mites silently. There is a commotion as he walks in, but most of the mites bow their head in respect, parting to let him through. He steps to the front and makes a short speech in Undercommon. At the end, he drops a small bone trinket into the chasm, causing the commotion to return, slightly louder, before he bows and walks back to the party.

Spoiler: Speech
    Show
    "When we were young, we all struggled to grow. We all remember the siblings we killed in the reach to adulthood. But not all had to kill. The ones best at caring for you, our dear insects, such as Quoggy... they became powerful because they could feed you, and help you grow, and bring you to battle. And in doing so, you became powerful with them, growing big and strong."

"We will miss your contribution, but more, we will miss what your presence meant to us. In my travels, I have learned of a new word. 'Friend'. It means what you meant to Quoggy, and I want us to learn from your sacrifice, and not to waste it in vain. Perhaps if we had more friends, you would not have died, or you would have a mate to lay eggs with and to care for, and your line would go on."

"So, my allies, I wish to start a new year for us. I wish to remember Tickleback and Whippy by remembering what they showed us. We must make more friends, and not just insects. We have feared the rest of the world for so long, we have forgotten the power of friendship. And in hope of that, I cast aside this symbol of conquest. May its power bring Tickleback and Whippy to higher power in Paradise, and may its absence bring us prosperity in friendship."

Once Grabbles returns, he sniffles a bit, then wipes his eyes and hardens his gaze. "There will be fighting over this. I will go to the room above. Without the Shiny Bone, those who wish power have the right to challenge me. They will group together. Then we can... do what we need to do."

Leading the group to the tunnel that leads to the surface, he sits, and asks, "So, what do we need to do?"

13. - Top - End - #223

Aluine bows her head respectfully as the ceremony progresses, and places a hand on Grabbles' shoulder when he returns, letting him know she at the very least respected what he did.

Once his eyes hardened and he commented on what needed to be done, Aluine nodded and spoke up, "We'll need to go somewhere they can gather around, and will... make fighting less desirable. It would at least prompt some to listen to what needs to be said before they try to cause trouble. After that, it's a matter of getting the troublemakers to see some reason, rather than their own interests. That's going to be the hard part."
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2015-10-16 at 04:24 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Grabbles briefly considers, his large eyes staring at the ceiling. Then, he shrugs, and continues towards the narrow tunnel that he initially pointed out. "They will have to go one by one there, and we are stronger. It is a good place for fighting and for making them not-fight. If we stand on the edge, they will be less likely to try to challenge me, as the challenge is only valid if both are in the tunnel."