New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Everyone Is John I

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    (6, and I believe I have an applicable skill here.)
    Seduction?

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Good work, John! By listening to me, you've taken a step in the right direction. Now, to start with, you're going to sneak away from here. VERY QUIETLY. Take Grey with you if you want. Actually, before you go, can you ask her why on Earth she was at your funeral? And then sneak away, with or without her. Actually, scratch that, take her with you. Maybe head towards a bookshop. I like bookshops. They're so... peaceful.

Aw, there's nothing to do in bookshops. Jane grumbles. Let's go to a bar or something. Meet some people.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm down for that as long as we're going somewhere with a nice view."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Aw, there's nothing to do in bookshops. Jane grumbles. Let's go to a bar or something. Meet some people.
    Shadup! It's my turn. And you've clearly not been going to the right bookshops.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

Good work, John! By listening to me, you've taken a step in the right direction. Now, to start with, you're going to sneak away from here. VERY QUIETLY. Take Grey with you if you want. Actually, before you go, can you ask her why on Earth she was at your funeral? And then sneak away, with or without her. Actually, scratch that, take her with you. Maybe head towards a bookshop. I like bookshops. They're so... peaceful.

John pauses for a split-second before nodding his head, trying to ignore all the other voices for the time being. "Let's go!" He says, pulling Grey with him. She follows, and together they sneak away very quietly towards the bookstore. "Why were you at my funeral?" He asks her.
    "We went to high school together?" She simply replies, wondering why the question.
    "Ah, right."

They eventually arrive at the bookstore, and John is filled with overwhelming peace. Looking around, he spots a propane tank in the distance being wheeled by a janitor. The receptionist sits at her stand, and her nametag says Jane. There are quite a few other people in the bookstore, and other things you can feel free to point out.

6. - Top - End - #66

I'm sure I would have remembered a detail like that. Maybe I wasn't... Oh well. See if you can get a lighter. I like lighters. And then... well, what does one usually do with a lighter and a propane tank? *chuckle* See if you can get Grey in the blast... I never liked her.

(... A whopping 8 to steal a lighter and set the propane on fire... Oh well...)
    Last edited by Silent_Interim; 2015-10-27 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Minor addition of RP

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

"What... what are you doing? You can't just go around killing people!"

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

8. - Top - End - #68

...What do you mean? I'm sorry, I don't think I understand. I think you meant "That's a great idea, Dave!".

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

I'm sure I would have remembered a detail like that. Maybe I wasn't... Oh well. See if you can get a lighter. I like lighters. And then... well, what does one usually do with a lighter and a propane tank? *chuckle* See if you can get Grey in the blast... I never liked her.

Let's not be too hasty. Just remember, John, fire is a creature of destruction. It exists only to consume. If you embrace it, it will consume you. What you have to do is go back to the funeral where people who cared about you and can care for you are present.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

"I... okay. Grey, I have a surprise for you. Could you close your eyes?" John asks his voice actress friend with a smile. "Okay..." She says with a weird look, but nonetheless closes her eyes. Quickly, John prepares the propane tank, placing it just close to Grey. People nearby will feel the impact of the blast. He lights the tank and begins to run away quietly. "Count to ten and open your eyes."

He barely succeeds in escaping the blast. Grey gets to the count of four before she tries searching for the source of the strange noise. On the fifth count, it explodes, killing her and injuring four others, including Jane the receptionist.
    Someone screams outside. "HELP! SOMEBODY!" Pandemonium begins to spread as John stumbles out of the library.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    "What... what are you doing? You can't just go around killing people!"
    "I'm... sorry..." John says, tears beginning to streak down his eyes.

((Sorry, folks. It's been a hard week.))

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

"Well that was needlessly cruel and violent. Too late to take it back now though. If you're going to escape, I suggest heading up. Police will probably look for people running away from the building first."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

What, like climbing the building? Someone's totally going to notice that. Go try to help the injured people or something, if you look like a nice person the police won't notice you.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

13. - Top - End - #73

I believe that my obsession was just fulfilled, which triggers a bid for control, yes?

Aw, come on, it's just a bit of harmless fun. The world can shrug off a single death, a handful of injuries and the destruction of a bookstore. John, there's no reason to ever feel guilty. Guilt hurts and holds you back. Feel powerful. With me, you can do things that the others will never be able to. There is a beauty in death, and it is there whether or not you see it or care for it. You don't need to be afraid. Fear is like guilt, it holds you back.
    And don't listen to Jes. Go back to the funeral? Hah! The funeral where everybody hated you? The one where they ran screaming? Because you did what Jes told you to? I thought better of you, John. Keep on listening to me. Don't you feel powerful? Don't you feel alive?

Bidding two, since it seems that that's enough to outbid you all.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Put out the fire, John!
    I have a skill in putting out fire. I'm not sure if I'll ever get to use it again... but I don't want to lose three points when I've already lost two.
    Also, I think running is actually smarter than waiting to die by fire.

15. - Top - End - #75

Smart, schmart. The words I care about are interesting and fun. Also, the game is never going to move if nobody else does anything. I may be down to... five willpower already, but I've also had a lot of fun and completed my obsession once.

Also, quick RP point- none of you really seem to want anything from or for John. I'm deliberately setting up a personality here that has a clear goal for John. The fact that that goal doesn't necessarily align with John's (or your) goals is irrelevant. All of your voices are just kind of meandering around with thoughts of what's right or what's best for short term survival. We're supposed to have goals! Obsessions! And none of you seem to be working towards anything.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Bidding 3 willpower.

Also, quick RP point- none of you really seem to want anything from or for John. I'm deliberately setting up a personality here that has a clear goal for John. The fact that that goal doesn't necessarily align with John's (or your) goals is irrelevant. All of your voices are just kind of meandering around with thoughts of what's right or what's best for short term survival. We're supposed to have goals! Obsessions! And none of you seem to be working towards anything.
    Eh, I was trying not to be too obvious about my obsession, although you'll probably figure it out when I get control so I'm not really sure why I did that. But Jane's comments are definitely directed towards her goal.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

((Not bidding since I'd have to raise to 4 at this point.

Yeah, I have goals, I'm just not broadcasting them for you. Though uh...yeah. It's not really cool to bid really high constantly and then when most of us haven't had a single chance at control complain about how we don't seem to be trying to do anything. We haven't actually had a chance to do anything and any suggestions that have been stated by anyone not in control so far have been completely ignored.))

"I was thinking more along the lines of the stairs. We are still inside the building afterall. Why would your mind go to climbing the outside first? Weirdo."
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2015-10-29 at 10:25 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78

...To be entirely fair, I've had control for exactly two actions. The suggestions from you guys weren't of a lot of interest to me. Also, really high bids? Yeah, no. I bid two. That's not high by any reasonable metric. And constantly? I've done it twice! Twice, for Christ's sake! The first round, I bid one, and just now, I got out-bid and you're saying I'm constantly bidding high? To say you haven't had a reasonable chance at control is completely unjustified- you have just as much bidding power as I do, I just happen to have taken it earlier than you. So no, you have had a chance to do things. To say you haven't is blatantly incorrect. Additionally, I was just making an observation regarding RP. You guys don't really seem to have strong personalities for your characters. That's what I'm saying. It was in no way a game play or strategy comment. I wasn't even complaining. I don't know if you saw it that way, but that's not at all what I said.

...I'm sorry, that came out more rant-y than I intended. However, I stand by what I'm saying. You are blowing what I said and did way out of proportion.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

((Not really. I thought you were being kind of rude. Your response has upgraded my assessment to medium rude. I think I'll leave it at that as I'm already currently entrenched in drama that has pretty much ruined another game for me. I hope you will also leave that at that as I'll probably just wind up exploding if I have to deal with that in two games I was really looking forwards to at once.))

20. - Top - End - #80

...I apologize, that was rude of me, and I will honor your request to leave it at that. However, I would like it to be clear that this is certainly a discussion I intend to be able to have at a future point in time, possibly via PM if you prefer.

Hrmph.I never get to have any real fun. Fine, do what you want, I'm done here for now anyway.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

((Here, have a hug, Ramsus. *hug*))

Yes, bid for control. Forgot to add that.

Time up, Elenna gains control of John! He's stills standing outside and weeping. Loses 3WP.

Command (and roll) away!

Player Name Willpower
    Ramsus Linzy John 7/7
    Elenna Jane 7/10
    Duck999 Gnaw 10/10
    Silent_Interim Dave 5/10
    Indarra Jes 8/10
    Penguinator Lowen Dartmouth 10/10
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-11-02 at 09:43 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

The receptionist's cute. You should go give her a kiss.

(Spent 2 more WP, and got 4. Well darn. )
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

((So does the bidding war immediately commence now or do we wait to see what John does? I have a second question. Is it possible to have John do things that shouldn't require rolls in order to get him in a situation where he would or could without losing your turn?))

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

John walks up to the receptionist and leans in slightly. "Jane is a nice name, and you're real cute. May I kiss you now?" She's so surprised she just nods, and they kiss. A while into the kiss, Jane realizes she shouldn't be kissing random strangers, but decides 'to hell with it' and enjoys the kiss anyway.

After the kiss, John just nods and starts to leave, but Jane stops him and murmurs something about being free for five minutes. In her hands is a scrap of paper.

((I'll PM you why it's so, but I'm sure you can already guess.))

Elenna has 5/10 WP. No need for bid... yet.
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-11-04 at 01:45 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Now wasn't that more interesting than running away? Jane sounds smug. John, why don't you find somewhere private and go have some fun together.

((John will try to look for a nearby building with an empty room they can sneak into. Rolled 4.))
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

26. - Top - End - #86

You're... Dave sounds utterly, utterly flabbergasted. This... well. If you, you know, enjoy that sort of thing, then go right on ahead.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

((BTW, I'm trying to keep this reasonably PG-13, but feel free to warn me if anyone thinks it's a problem. Although this should be fine, since I just failed my roll. ))
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

28. - Top - End - #88

((So far, you're absolutely fine, don't worry too much.))

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

You're... Dave sounds utterly, utterly flabbergasted. This... well. If you, you know, enjoy that sort of thing, then go right on ahead.
    Lowen seemed amused by Dave's disgust. "I suppose you would rather kill her, then?" He shook his head. "I'm fine with this. I'm closer than ever to where I want to be."

(I'll bid 3, since Elenna says she failed the roll.)

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Linzy mentally shrugs at what's going on.

((And bids nothing because I'm not even gonna bother competing with 3 right now.))