New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343550 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Simple Q+A by RAW for Pathfinder 4

Q396

Am looking at the Tattoo Guardian and wondering... What if it's size is increased by some means? Either through magic or through the application of a template (like the Amalgam Template with a larger creature or the Giant Simple Template)?
    Can its till be worn by its medium size master if the construct itself has become a larger size? A much larger size?

I mean I can imagine a large or larger 2 dimensional creature wrapped around and around the limbs and torso of a smaller master but I worry that there could be a RAW reason this couldn't work.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Simple QA by RAW for Pathfinder 4

A396: When worn, it should use the master's space (regardless of its own size) for the reason you stated. After all, I don't see anything stopping a Small or Tiny master from wearing the normal Medium TG.

I can't comment on the implications of Amalgam specifically as it's both third party and looks pretty complex.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #723
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Default Re: Simple QnA by RAW for Pathfinder 4

Q397: Given that panicked is the most extreme state of fear, followed by frightened and shaken… Do the penalties of panicked override those of frightened and shaken, or do they stack together?
    My Homebrew Material, mostly focusing on Dreamscarred Press's Path of War and psionics material!

4. - Top - End - #724
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Simple QnA by RAW for Pathfinder 4

A397
    Relevant rules
    Frightened: Characters who are frightened are shaken, and in addition they flee from the source of their fear as quickly as they can...Characters unable to flee can fight (though they are still shaken).

Panicked: Characters who are panicked are shaken, and they run away from the source of their fear as quickly as they can
    You can be Shaken/Frightened, and Shaken/Panicked, but you can't really be Frightened/Panicked.

The reason you can combine Shaken with the other two is that Shaken has "number" penalties (-2 to attack rolls, saves, etc...), and the others are "allowed action" penalties ("must run away").
    Frightened and Panicked have different rules about how/when to run, what to do if escape impossible, etc... so they cannot stack.
    Last edited by grarrrg; 2015-12-05 at 11:00 PM.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Simple Q&A by RAW for Pathfinder 4

Q398:

Crafting a wondrous item cuts the market value to 50%. Improving a wondrous item (e.g. belt of dexterity from +2 to +4) also costs 50% of the market value. Does the same rule apply to enhancing a magic weapon as well? In the item creation rules in the srd the following line appears almost in every craft example except from weapons.
    Creating an item costs half the market value listed.
    "Once, a bear grappled me and I dropped my weapon. She holded me so hard that the only thing I remember is the bear releasing me and running away. All I saw was a huge part of its arm missing and the wound being burned like someone bit it with fire."

The story of a barbarian while resting after being fatigued by his rage

I AM NOT QUITTING ANY GAMES. I'LL KEEP CHECKING THEM AND BE SUBSCRIBED TO THEM UNTIL THE DM DECLARES THEM DEAD.

6. - Top - End - #726

A398: Upgrading all magic items that follow the normal pricing rules costs half the difference in market price between the original and the target item, weapons included. Ultimate Campaign pg. 171:

Adding more magic to an existing item can be quite simple or very math-intensive. If the item's current and proposed abilities follow the normal pricing rules (particularly with weapons, armor, and shields), adding the new abilities is a matter of subtracting the old price from the new price and determining how many days of crafting it takes to make up the difference.

Example: Patrick's wizard decides to use his downtime to increase the armor bonus on his bracers of armor +1 to +3. The price difference between the two types of bracers is 8,000 gp, so Patrick's wizard must spend 8 days and 4,000 gp (half the 8,000 gp price difference) upgrading his bracers' magic. If he has fewer than 8 days before the next adventure, he'll need to finish his crafting while traveling or use accelerated crafting in town to speed up the process.
    Items that don't follow the normal formulas, like specific magic items, are treated slightly differently - Ultimate Campaign covers that too. This info is also on the SRD/PRD if you want to read in more detail.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

7. - Top - End - #727

Q399
    the Oma has EX spaceflight. Am wondering if this is a typo as the Shantak and Star Monarch have SU space flight?

8. - Top - End - #728

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Q399
    the Oma has EX spaceflight. Am wondering if this is a typo as the Shantak and Star Monarch have SU space flight?
    A399: This is the RAW thread, AW it's Ex. But my guess is that it can survive in space as Ex, but flying at those speeds should be Su.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

About a rogue with at least 1d6 sneak attack, with ranged weapon, within 30ft.

Q400: Is this correct: An opponent that is flanked does not receive sneak attack damage, unless it's the rogue herself that flanks ? (If not otherwise denied his dex bonus to AC ? )
    Last edited by unbutu; 2015-12-08 at 03:34 PM.

10. - Top - End - #730

A400: You have to be one of the flankers to gain the benefit. (In syntactical terms, "Flanking" is a buff on you, rather than "flanked" being a debuff on your target.) However, if the opponent has lost its Dex bonus to AC for any reason, you will get your sneak attack against them - that is a separate condition than being flanked.

Generally you can't flank with ranged weapons because they don't threaten, though some abilities (e.g. Snap Shot) can change that.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2015-12-08 at 03:42 PM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

11. - Top - End - #731

Q 401

Do druids maintain their armor bonus to AC when Wild Shaped?

I could have sworn there was a special exception for druids that said 'yes', and boy was I embarrassed yesterday when I couldn't find it.
    Rules that supersede Rule 0:

Rule -1: You're all there to have fun. The GM and the players should never do anything that would limit people's fun, for any in-game or real-life reason.

Rule -0.5 (corollary): That means that if someone's fun is getting in the way of other people's fun, that person needs to change how they're playing.

12. - Top - End - #732

A401: If it comes from most kinds of armor, no (that gets absorbed), unless you have the "Wild" enhancement on it. However, non-armor sources of an armor bonus, like Bracers of Armor, Mage Armor, or Ice Armor (cast after you shift) will continue to protect you.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

13. - Top - End - #733
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

A402: How to extrapolate the weapon damage by size and monk unarmed strike tables ?

Trying to find a monk's unarmed strikes DMG at different levels if counted as 2 size categories larger. For example with with Titan's strike (mythic) + Enlarge Person.
    Last edited by unbutu; 2015-12-10 at 03:09 AM.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Ogre in the Playground

A402
    Size damage generally goes 1>1d2>1d3>1d4>1d6>1d8>1d12/2d6>3d6>4d6>6d6>8d6>12d6>16d6 and so forth
    For d10s, if they go a size lower, they go 1d10>2d8>3d8>4d8>6d8>8d8>12d8>...
    Exceptions: Sometimes, when downgraded a size, 2d6 will get reduced to 1d10. When going a size lower, 1d10 becomes 1d8.
    When it's 2d10, 3d10, or something similar, double the dice and rescale to 8s on the next size upgrade, like in monk going 2d10 for medium and 4d8 for large monks at max level.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Titan in the Playground

Q403 Is there some kind of armor that (1) allows a monk to retain his wis-to-AC feature, and (2) allows armor enchantments with a flat cost? Bracers of armor don't work for the latter, so is there another option?
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

16. - Top - End - #736

A402 addendum: See this FAQ. For monks it works the same as anyone else, find the starting die (or equivalent, per the last two bullets) on the chart and extrapolate accordingly.

A403: None that I know of. You can get an armor bonus to AC from other sources, like an appropriately aligned Robe of the Archmagi or regular clothing with magic vestment on it, but nothing that allows those flat gp enhancements.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

17. - Top - End - #737

Q404

Do creatures using the Infest ability enter the space of the creature they are Infest-ing? Or is it more of a grapple?

Different creatures seem to have different text on the Infest ability and it has me a bit befuddled.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Q405

Do the caltrops from an alchemist's glassfoot bomb cover the entire area affected by the bombs splash damage?
    If not, what area does it cover?

19. - Top - End - #739
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Q 406

Magus Spellstrike, Chill Touch and Two Weapon fighting.

Situation a Magus with CL 9, Two Weapon fighting and Improved Two weapon fighting, Quickdraw and a BaB of more than 6

In the first round he uses Spell Combat to cast Chill Touch giving him 9 touches before the spell is expended.

He uses his Spellstrike to hit with his Scimitar for the free attack and then his two normal attacks with the Scimitar using 3 touches from the spell.

In the second round he uses Quickdraw to draw a kukri in his off hand and makes a full attack with two attacks by the scimitar and two with the kukri.

Can he apply the chill touch with his spellstrike to any all or none of those attacks?

20. - Top - End - #740
    Titan in the Playground

A 406 There is some debate on whether a held touch spell (like Chill Touch) applies to one specific hand or not.

If so, then you can use Chill Touch and Spellstrike on all attacks with the scimitar, and none with the kukri (since it's in your other hand).
    If not, then you can use Chill Touch and Spellstrike on all attacks with both weapons (as well as bite/gore/etc attacks if he has any).

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain

21. - Top - End - #741

A404: It probably depends on the specific creature(s) you're looking at but I would guess that they just sit on top of them much like a swarm. Gray Goo for example seem to not become part of their host the way that, say, a Hellwasp Swarm using Inhabit would be.

A405: It's not clear but that's the most logical reading.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

22. - Top - End - #742

Q 406: How does bleed damage stack?
    Clarifying examples:
    What's the bleed damage the opponent takes if I've inflicted two instances of 1d4 bleed damage?
    What's the bleed damage the opponent takes if I've inflicted 1d4 bleed damage and 1d6 bleed damage?
    What's the bleed damage the opponent takes if I've inflicted 1d3 Constitution damage bleed damage and 1 Constitution drain bleed damage?

23. - Top - End - #743
    Titan in the Playground

A 406: It doesn't. You take the higher of the two values, and that's it.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

A406 Extended
    Bleed damage only stacks if it does different types of damage, OR if one of the abilities specifically says that it stacks.

As for the 3rd part of the question, that is answered in the link as well:
    When two or more bleed effects deal the same kind of damage, take the worse effect. In this case, ability drain is worse than ability damage.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Troll in the Playground

Q407 can cleric use flipping a bird motion as divine focus for calling the wrath of his/her god?

26. - Top - End - #746

A407: If that's where your birthmark is, sure, go nuts!
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

27. - Top - End - #747

Q408 Is it possible to key any monk abilities off charisma and not wisdom?
    Q409 Can the same alter an oracle's spell effects to use charisma instead of wisdom?

28. - Top - End - #748
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    A407: If that's where your birthmark is, sure, go nuts!
    c407 nope I mean lets say cleric of sune using filliping bird motion as holly symbol for casting divine spell is she can use it or not

29. - Top - End - #749
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowscale View Post
    Q409 Can the same alter an oracle's spell effects to use charisma instead of wisdom?
    A409: Oracles already use Charisma as their casting stat. Are you sure you don't mean "wisdom instead of charisma" instead?

P.S.: @Shadowscale, your PM storage is full, could you please delete some messages to make space?
    Last edited by EldritchWeaver; 2015-12-15 at 09:26 AM.

30. - Top - End - #750

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    c407 nope I mean lets say cleric of sune using filliping bird motion as holly symbol for casting divine spell is she can use it or not
    A407: I think you mean "somatic component" (i.e. the gesture you make when casting), not holy symbol (i.e. the object you hold that provides a divine focus for your spells.) And the gesture you make is completely up to your GM, so as long as they agree to this you're fine, but there's nothing in the rules one way or the other.

A408: Not without 3rd-party or 3.5 material. However, you can at least get your ki pool to key off Charisma if you go into a class that does that, like Ninja or Enlightened Paladin.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy