New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast

Thread: Riverside 17

1. - Top - End - #661
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 17

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Eastside Jail]

There are no records of her anywhere in the city archives. Even contacting Malechenar for information will give them nothing. The name she gave doesn't even seem to exist. Even pictures of her turn up with nothing. No one seems to even have seen this demon before.
    A tired, dead-eyed clerk informs the demon that she's been sentenced to death and will be executed the next morning at dawn. She's permitted to consult with a lawyer and file any appeal till the stroke of midnight, and may request a final meal and some details of the proceeding.

This may or may not seem quite unusual to her. And it is. Even in the Nexus, it's not too often they have to deal with criminals who are complete non-entities.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2016-01-06 at 02:56 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #662
    Halfling in the Playground

[Malechenar]

"Ah, long as you have some power in your soul then the groups won't matter. Please, just... choose who you like. Vax is... certainly competent, she can decide her people. Perhaps another leader?"
    The tall man raises his eyebrows. "Tep, or Eschelle I should say. Eschelle is familiar with my workings."

"Intimately," says Eschelle wickedly, bowing to the group. Sticks grumbles something at her.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #663
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

[Toy Tinker]

((Sorry for such a long deadtime. I'm still in an area with patchy coverage, so posting is still going to be slow))

The slime blob cowers, and the man opens fire.

Same magic is designed like a scalpel, precise and vicious, paring away that which is unwanted.

This magic is not a scalpel. It's a hammer. And Sticks is looking mighty nail-like at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xefas
    I wonder how big something has to be before it gets its own weather.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymme
    You can do whatever the heck you want and I'll follow like a starving sycophant so long as I can read it.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    "I see it. ...If it was...darker I could...try to fly...us over the wall."

El Cuervo has a lot of lifting power, but during the day its hard to miss a large black and brown flying object.

"Could we arrange...a distraction? That...way we could...send attention away...from the wall...we go over."

[Light's Heart]

((Sorry that I forgot that in my first post))

"Hmm." he says with a nod and then points at the bird creature a top the entrance. "This thing over there might be a problem. I'm not sure we can distract that."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

5. - Top - End - #665

[Light's Heart]

"I don't know...if we can't. ...If we can't...than perhaps I...could be the...distraction and you...get through? I...don't have a....way to put...it to sleep...quietly."

El Cuervo reaches into its chest, rumbling for something in there.

6. - Top - End - #666

Quote Originally Posted by spwack View Post
    [Toy Tinker]

((Sorry for such a long deadtime. I'm still in an area with patchy coverage, so posting is still going to be slow))

The slime blob cowers, and the man opens fire.

Same magic is designed like a scalpel, precise and vicious, paring away that which is unwanted.

This magic is not a scalpel. It's a hammer. And Sticks is looking mighty nail-like at the moment.
    The tall man brings up his scepter and, with a word of whispered command, unleashes its power at his assailant. The two opposing forces meet, one a kinetic violet nova and the other presumably the color of the stranger's soul. It is Sticks intention that the spells cancel each other out, and should that prove successful, he lunges forth out of the dissipating energy to drive his hand into the stranger's chest.

But this is no attempt to kill him. At least, not yet. Sticks' has, in place of a metal prosthetic hand, an artifact called the Molkov claw, which is quite capable of rending space, spell and soul with equal ease. It will enter the man's body ethereally, hopefully dissipating any power the upstart attempts to conjure, and if it remains there the man will quickly find himself frozen. Unnable to move as Sticks' fingers dig into the essence of his very being.

The old wizard's eyes burn like oily torches, the light inside winking a scorched orange. His face is a blank alien thing as he attacks the stranger right there in the street.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2016-01-08 at 03:04 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #667
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {{{Slave Tunnels}}}

As Vincent charges in, he is barely able to perceive that there are four thugs as his blade comes crashing down in the middle of their game, sending gold, cards, and slivers everywhere. He unfortunately isn't able to kill any 'mooks' before the battle commences.

There are four thugs, none of them use magic during the fight, but one stands in the back firing a crossbow at Vincent, 3 times every two rounds. Feel free to describe the battle.
    Slave Tunnels

These battles where there's only one party member tend to just be easier overall. They have to be designed that way of course. If you two shot the only character they'll be unable to win without using some cheap unreliable tactic of status effects.

Still that guy in the back hurts a whole lot. After getting walloped by him once, Vincent starts focusing on him entirely. No magic for Vincent this time around since most of his magic sucks and this isn't even the boss, but he does use a few potions until ranged guy is dead. Can't be helped really. Once he's gone, Vincent mops up the rest, leaving the last guy alive not to interrogate, but so he'll keep hitting Vincent and get his limit break nearly to max. The controlled damage requires another hi-potion, but it'll be worth it down the line. THEN he'll kill the last guy.

One victory pose later, Vincent takes a look around the room he's in, swapping briefly to detective mode just to make sure he doesn't miss anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #668

[Light's Heart]

"I don't know...if we can't. ...If we can't...than perhaps I...could be the...distraction and you...get through? I...don't have a....way to put...it to sleep...quietly."

El Cuervo reaches into its chest, rumbling for something in there.
    [Light's Heart]

"Well, if the distraction doesn't work. We can go for that." Zefir replies. "I just wonder how we can distract them. If we blow up something they might just close the gates. Or flood the area to help. I assume we would need to enter through a window then. Or do you have an idea for a distraction?"

9. - Top - End - #669

[Light's Heart]

"If we wanted...them out, a...fire would likely...work. But there...is this."

El Cuervo pulls a scroll out of its chest.

"This will create...a vast amount...of darkness. It...will not last...long but could...be thought as...just the old...spell."

10. - Top - End - #670
    Ogre in the Playground

[Malechenar]

Jigg raises his hand in protest. "I believe Sticks should be the one that decide the groups."

"Oh, I don't care either way if you want different groups." Zhareen states with a nod. Nazaan remains silent, his expression impossible to read behind that helmet of his.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Malechenar]

"Ah, long as you have some power in your soul then the groups won't matter. Please, just... choose who you like. Vax is... certainly competent, she can decide her people. Perhaps another leader?"
    The tall man raises his eyebrows. "Tep, or Eschelle I should say. Eschelle is familiar with my workings."

"Intimately," says Eschelle wickedly, bowing to the group. Sticks grumbles something at her.
    [Malechenar]

"You seem to be the only one objecting, Jigg. Do you have a better suggestion?" Vax lets some irritation show on her face, as though his interjection was an problem for her.

11. - Top - End - #671

[Light's Heart]

"If we wanted...them out, a...fire would likely...work. But there...is this."

El Cuervo pulls a scroll out of its chest.

"This will create...a vast amount...of darkness. It...will not last...long but could...be thought as...just the old...spell."
    [Light's Heart]

Zefir looks back confused. He's not sure to get the thoughts of the scarecrow. Using the fire then darkness or using only one of them?

"So we you suggest to wait for the night and use that scroll to come inside?"

12. - Top - End - #672

[Light's Heart]

"I meant a...fire for the...men and darkness...for the bird. ...But if you...want something different...sir then we....do that."

El Cuervo is trying to come up with a way in soon, as Zefir requested.

"Sorry about the...confusion."

13. - Top - End - #673
    Troll in the Playground

{{{Slave Tunnels}}}

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    These battles where there's only one party member tend to just be easier overall. They have to be designed that way of course. If you two shot the only character they'll be unable to win without using some cheap unreliable tactic of status effects.

Still that guy in the back hurts a whole lot. After getting walloped by him once, Vincent starts focusing on him entirely. No magic for Vincent this time around since most of his magic sucks and this isn't even the boss, but he does use a few potions until ranged guy is dead. Can't be helped really. Once he's gone, Vincent mops up the rest, leaving the last guy alive not to interrogate, but so he'll keep hitting Vincent and get his limit break nearly to max. The controlled damage requires another hi-potion, but it'll be worth it down the line. THEN he'll kill the last guy.

One victory pose later, Vincent takes a look around the room he's in, swapping briefly to detective mode just to make sure he doesn't miss anything.
    ((Well that was a bit unexpected. I thought you wanted the last guy alive?))

With the last thug killed, Vincent is not only awarded a small sum of XP, but 200 gold and a sword upgrade option. With it, using half the limit-break meter will allow Vincent to fire a blast of energy that hits all enemies. The blast does 500 damage, divided by the number of enemies, rounded down.

As Vincent goes into Detective mode, he'll notice a small hole, about the size of a thug's arm, hidden along the wall. It glows faintly brighter than the rest of the wall.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

14. - Top - End - #674

[Eastside Jail]

They better have the demon restrained when they give her those news since unsurprisingly she goes completely furious and will attempt to escape, biting or clawing anyone standing in her way. As before she seems far stronger than anyone at that age should be.

[Malechenar]

Jigg only response is a dismissive gesture in Vax's gesture. He doesn't seem to have anything else to say.
    "Shall we get working then? It doesn't sound like anyone have anything else to add."

The next moment Zhareen's arms are around Vax. She moves fast when she wants to apparently. "I call this lady! She can be the leader of this group!"

15. - Top - End - #675

[Light's Heart]

"I meant a...fire for the...men and darkness...for the bird. ...But if you...want something different...sir then we....do that."

El Cuervo is trying to come up with a way in soon, as Zefir requested.

"Sorry about the...confusion."
    [Light's Heart]

"I'm sorry. I just didn't understand you right. I got a bit of a problem with your speech pattern, but we can handle that."

Zefir replies. Might be a player problem^^.

"Well then we set a fire close by and then use the darkness to get in." He repeats the current plan. "I think it's best I set the fire up, since fire is not really something you want to be close right?"

16. - Top - End - #676

[Light's Heart]

(Sorry. Its just something that helps me keep Cuervo a part from my other characters.)

"Sorry sir. And...its true about...fire. So, should...I wait here?"

El Cuervo looks towards the walls, thinking about the best flight path over them.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ogre in the Playground

{{{Slave Tunnels}}}

((Well that was a bit unexpected. I thought you wanted the last guy alive?))

With the last thug killed, Vincent is not only awarded a small sum of XP, but 200 gold and a sword upgrade option. With it, using half the limit-break meter will allow Vincent to fire a blast of energy that hits all enemies. The blast does 500 damage, divided by the number of enemies, rounded down.

As Vincent goes into Detective mode, he'll notice a small hole, about the size of a thug's arm, hidden along the wall. It glows faintly brighter than the rest of the wall.
    [Slave Tunnels]

Vincent did, but he can't save someone from dying once they go into the battle screen. There's attack, magic, item, and defense, but no special option for 'spare life'. That's some new age, satire, Undertale level stuff right there. Only rare recurring villains like Mr. E get to escape the doom that comes from battle.

Besides, a sword upgrade is way better than information he's probably going to find out anyways. That AOE is bound to come in handy against some swarm in the future. He's a bit wary of that set damage amount though. But bonuses are bonuses.

In the meanwhile, better check out that possible clue. A hidden stash maybe? Secret switch? Sphere of Annihilation? Either way, Vincent heads to it and presses A. Which probably means sticking his arm in in this situation.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #678

[Eastside Jail]

They better have the demon restrained when they give her those news since unsurprisingly she goes completely furious and will attempt to escape, biting or clawing anyone standing in her way. As before she seems far stronger than anyone at that age should be.
    Well, they've got metal bars between her and anyone else. They're very solid! Make a satisfying ringing sound when you claw at them madly.

"..."
    "I'll mark that down as declining counsel for the time being."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #679

[Light's Heart]

(Sorry. Its just something that helps me keep Cuervo a part from my other characters.)

"Sorry sir. And...its true about...fire. So, should...I wait here?"

El Cuervo looks towards the walls, thinking about the best flight path over them.
    [Light's Heart]

((No worrie. I just might ask what the meaning is))

"Not your fault. Such things happen sometimes." Zefir starts.
    "Yeah you wait and i set a fire close bye. it should attract them and give us some time."

He will then head off, setting up one of his explosives nearby which wil cause a big fire. He shouldn't got any problems unless there are guards or police who take special care.

20. - Top - End - #680

[Light's Heart]

There are no guards to stop Zefir from planting explosives (and Recaiden is controlling the police) so he can probably plant them and set them off.
    The homeless of course react with fight, except a bunch of them who just keep chugging vodka. There is gonna take a lot more than fire to keep these guys from moving anywhere. But the clergy are more well-organized and calls the fire department right away. Then they start directing the homeless out of the citadel. Of course, they're going to have a hard time with those vodka-lovers.
    Moments later a large being clad in a shining full-plate moves out of the citadel and then heads towards the source of the fire.

21. - Top - End - #681

[Light's Heart]

No one has recommended this place for special police protection or attention. If anything, the city assumes the citadel can take care of itself.

Which isn't to say that the fire department doesn't come when called.
    ((Anyone can say that they do arrive when it's appropriate for the scene.))
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #682

[Light's Heart]

Once Zefir comes back, El Cuervo is already up in the air, waiting for him. After it sees Zefir, it raises the scroll to its eyes and reads, channeling its magic to try to surround the bird guarding the temple in darkness.

EditV That's right.
    Last edited by ThePhantom; 2016-01-22 at 10:49 PM.

23. - Top - End - #683

[Light's Heart]

So it's encased in a cloud of darkness then? Just making sure.
    The fire department isn't called to the citadel itself, just the place Zefir blowed up. So it doesn't really matter when they arrive.

[Eastside Jail]

If looks could kill the guards would all fall down dead at this point. The demon wishing for nothing but their immediate demise even as they walk away. She's going to be hanging her arms in-between the bars, looking at anyone who happened to pass by. She needed new targets to wish dead, to imagine being killed in painful fashions. She had to channel that rage to keep sharp, she had to get out of here somehow...
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-01-23 at 07:07 AM.

24. - Top - End - #684

[Westside Alleyway]

It's pretty inscrutable, the machine that's scurrying along the road where the bricks meet the pavement. The red operating lights of its sensors sweep back and forth calmly and methodically, the only thing illuminating this space during the night-cycle. Someone should really replace the streetlamps, but that would require caring. Its many mechanical tendrils click along the ground and grab hold of the bricks in a way that presents some sort of pattern, even if it's troubling complex.

Still, it manages to look nervous as it goes along - seeking to answer one question: is anyone around here?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #685

[Malechenar]

"The ladies seem like fun. I will accompany them,"
    says Eschelle, smiling a very small smile. "If that's alright."

"Then the other group can be... Tep, Jigg, and Nazaar. I will have Bolts follow you three gentlemen,"
    Sticks says. "I myself will remain here. There are... more complex sigils to prepare."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ogre in the Playground

Malechenar

Tep looks at the two and nods.
    "Very well, Mister Sticks. Get me a map to mark the sigils of the first circle, and I'll send my imps to start on your signal." says Tep. He has really no opinions on the matter now that the plan has been set in stone.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

27. - Top - End - #687
    Troll in the Playground

{{Slave Tunnels}}

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Vincent did, but he can't save someone from dying once they go into the battle screen. There's attack, magic, item, and defense, but no special option for 'spare life'. That's some new age, satire, Undertale level stuff right there. Only rare recurring villains like Mr. E get to escape the doom that comes from battle.

Besides, a sword upgrade is way better than information he's probably going to find out anyways. That AOE is bound to come in handy against some swarm in the future. He's a bit wary of that set damage amount though. But bonuses are bonuses.

In the meanwhile, better check out that possible clue. A hidden stash maybe? Secret switch? Sphere of Annihilation? Either way, Vincent heads to it and presses A. Which probably means sticking his arm in in this situation.
    Vincent sticks his arm in the hole and feels around for a bit before his fingers touch something that no longer feels like rock. It's smooth and cylindrical, like a door handle.

If he pulls on this, he will hear a rumbling from further on.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

28. - Top - End - #688

[Light's Heart]

After Zefir returns and El Curvo made his cloud spell, he makes himself ready for the flight.

29. - Top - End - #689
    Ogre in the Playground

[Malechenar]

Vax has a smile for her wife and puts her hands on Zhareen's arms. "That will do fine." She looks at the three men. "Let's not waste any time then. We'll meet you three to bind the demon. Good luck."

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ogre in the Playground

{{Slave Tunnels}}

Vincent sticks his arm in the hole and feels around for a bit before his fingers touch something that no longer feels like rock. It's smooth and cylindrical, like a door handle.

If he pulls on this, he will hear a rumbling from further on.
    Slave Tunnels

Huh. Well there is a disadvantage of triggering all the hidden stuff early. There's no idea what counts as a hidden passage and what's a regular passage. Or if this is one of those open one routes, close another, mazes that were all the rage once.

Vincent pulls out his arm, turns detective mode off, and heads further into the complex.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast