New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Three Boar's Inn - Team B (is for Bzzz; IC)

Do you investigate the corpse? Continue looking in the woods? Leave and search elsewhere?
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

"So..." Silvistral says, Not paying the more recent corpses any mind. "Should we continue on to find the orcs, or should we take the body back to the guards? I'd vote for continuing on, personally."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Just one moment," Stelliel says, laying the corpse out in a resting position, searching it for to find any effects to return to a potential family, then says a quiet prayer before lighting the body up with his fire breath, "now, we continue."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Zipper's already patting down the dead soldier and the area around him for lost valuables. She keeps her eye open for evidence of foul play, but she figures there probably won't be any; this is just a case of forest monsters forest monsting.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just to make it official, here's a search check, since that's kind of Zipper's thing:

(1d20+13)[22]

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Beeatrice

Beeatrice stares blankly for a second. "Welp, I have no idea what just happened." She shrugs. "We should bee going," she says, nudging Clunk and giving a wink.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Slowly but surely the forms of the two planty? Fungoid? predators become wholly visible. The only signs that Zipper find, however, are consistent with an attack from whatever those creatures were.

Spoiler: Zipper
    Show
    The only valuables the soldier seems to have had are a bit of pay, amounting to a few silvers, and his sword and armor.

Traversing the forest once more you find no sign of the orcs, though you do manage to find another scout when you hear him calling out, "Bodrick? Bodrick where'd you get to?"

Spoiler: Beeatrice
    Show
    You do see more of those creatures momentarily watching your group as you walk, but they seem to think better of attacking a group of 5 people invisible or not. They seem to be by nature a cowardly lot.

OoC: If you want to point them out to the party to kill feel free, but they aren't about to initiate combat.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Sorry for the delay!

"Ah... Hello There!" Sivistral calls. "We're looking for the orcs!"

He deliberately doesn't mention the dead scout. Running up to somebody and saying 'hey, I found your dead friend!' isn't the best way to start things.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Beeatrice

"There a bunch of those bitey things around. They're invisible,"
    Beeatrice says. "They are not attacking, though. Maybe this has something to do with the orcs?"
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

Zipper doesn't share Silv's reservations about getting straight to the point.

"Bodrick, huh?" Zipper sighs as she pockets the loose change, puts on her rhetorical White Mage hat and draws the dead man's eyes closed before getting anyone else's attention.

"Yes, I think we found him... I'm sorry."

Once the wandering soldier comes over to identify the body and Beeatrice's impeccable reconnaissance has a chance to sink in, she continues. "If the forest is going to be filled with invisible monsters, you and the rest of your squad should probably clear out. We can finish our mission alone."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Clunk

Clunk waved to try and appear friendly. "We didn't kill your dead friend" he offered. Social interaction was clearly not his strong suit.