New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Black Dragon's Den XIII

He's not a squirrel-person, as squirrel-person (much like cat-person, or fox-person) implies a human scale. Slightly Bizarre notably lacks that, being similar to a standard Red Squirrel in size.

"I thought she was a human, not a sniper. Are you a sniper, or a human?" Recovering, the squirrel crawls up and stands back upon the table, re-gathering his pile of belongings and going back to weaving his replacement basket.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #452
    Orc in the Playground

The boy blinks. "Ah, you're not used to the human ways!" He realizes with a flourish. "Well, I can teach you human things! For instance, she's a human like you're a squirrel, and she's a sniper like you're a... err..." He scratches his head as he squints at Slightly-Bizarre for a bit. "Warrior-shaman?"

Then he salutes. "Askhenaz Palmer! Call me Askh." Pronounced like Ashk. "My name!"

A pseudonym, of course, but no one needs to know that.
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2016-03-22 at 09:09 PM.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Knight View Post
    [Private Room]

Oh, Yvette won't tell Adeline anything of the sort. Yes, she has come to feel a certain closeness to the guard, but life has taught her to treat people as tools, means to her desired ends, assets to be utilized and discarded if necessary.

However, she isn't completely heartless. She knows how much Adeline cares for her, and that makes her someone she'd want to keep around for a long long time.‎

"Of course, mon cherie." Yvette saunters up to Adeline, blows her a kiss teasingly and undoes her breastplate. When that is shed, she'll run her hands up and down Adeline's tummy, and will begin teasingly nipping at her earlobe while she speaks.‎

She allows the guard to continue, and though she doesn't stop what she's doing at first, she frowns inside. At least, Adeline's presence will make her goals more achievable, but she disliked the fact that she was found so easily, or that Adeline came in search of her in the first place.‎

She does know what the guard will want to hear, though. "Adeline, ze apple of my eye, you came all zees vay for moi?" She asks, looking quite surprised as she turns the guard around and pulls her in for a hug. "Vat vill I ever do vithout you? Mon cherie, ze sucre in my tea." The hug turns into some more earlobe nibbling.‎
    [Private Room]

Adeline appears very much out of her element as Yvette lustily tempts her. Not only is she blushing, she's crossing her legs and rhythmically rocking side-to-side. Adeline desperately tries to make and maintain eye contact with Yvette as she lightly tugs on a wide gold necklace hidden beneath her buff coat (a garment that doubles as padding for her plate armor and a second layer of armor underneath her plate armor), biting her lip to keep herself focused on her objective.

"Uhm, before we get too carried away, I'd like to give something to you."

Adeline hurriedly slips the necklace off by pulling it over her head before offering it to Yvette. This reveals that a beautiful amulet (with exquisite etchings and a ring of uvarovite (emerald green garnet gemstones) inlaid around an emerald the size of the tip of Yvette's thumb) is attached to the gold chain. Yvette might be able to detect that the amulet is indeed enchanted but not with a locator spell like Adeline said it was - not that Adeline knows all that much about magic.

"I found you, so I won't need this anymore. I want you to have it. The jewels just about match the color of your eyes, even if they're nowhere near as dazzling."

4. - Top - End - #454
    Orc in the Playground

[Private Room]

Yvette smirks in satisfaction inwardly as her charms work. Well, not entirely charms, that might imply the feelings weren't mutual on some level. She does show a certain amount of curiosity at what Adeline has to give her when she mentions it, slightly reducing the amount of touch-teasing going on at any moment.

When she spots the amulet, her eyes widen a bit and it's all she can do to keep from gasping, keeping her mouth closed instead. It is quite beautiful, and magical.

"Eets... magical! Merci beaucoup, mon cher. But vat kind of enchantment?"

She focuses, whispers a word in an abyssal-like language and the amulet glows a bit. She's trying to sense the nature of the enchantment.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Pixie in the Playground

[Private Room]

After Yvette casts her identification spell, she will learn that there is not one enchantment on the amulet but two. The first is a "simple" enchantment designed to keep the amulet bearer's clothes clean and whole. The second enchantment is an intricate ward that converts some of the magical damage inflicted upon the amulet bearer into raw magical energy that the amulet bearer may tap to fuel his or her own spells.

And here Adeline thought she was in possession of a magical trinket that would help her track down Yvette! Boy was she gypped!

Even without the enchantments, Adeline could never have afforded such a magnificent piece of jewelry on a guard's salary. It begs the question of how she acquired this treasure - not that that really matters.

With Yvette completely distracted by shinies, Adeline makes quick work of her buff coat and the rest of her armor. By the time Yvette is done casting her spell, Adeline is wearing as much as Yvette is.

"I knew you'd like it! It's enchanted with a spell that helped me locate you! I had to call in every favor I was owed by the smugglers at the docks to get my hands on it, but it was well-worth it! It worked like a charm!"

6. - Top - End - #456
    Orc in the Playground

[Private Room]

Yvette looks up at Adeline with an unreadable expression. "I..." She looks back down at it, wondering whether to tell her the truth or just keep it to herself. Or, assuming Adeline didn't notice her spell, could just act like it later. "Merci, mon cherie."

She chooses to try it on for a bit. "Oh, c'est enchanté, of courze." The smile comes back on and she looks Adeline in the eyes, hoping to distract her with lust. She pulls her in for a kiss.

(Godmod approved)

After the kiss connects, Yvette drags her lover down on the bed before pulling the curtain on both of them. There, she makes sure Adeline feels loved and wanted, more than she'd ever felt. Not just for the positive benefits it will have on their relationship. No matter what her true feelings may be, she does not wish for love to entrap her and blur her 'attentiveness', but in moments like these, she can let 'loose' somewhat... and let loose, she does!

When the curtain slides back, an hour or so has passed, and Yvette has Adeline in her arms, whispering sweet nothings into her ears, covered by the sheets and so well tangled.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Pixie in the Playground

[Private Room]

As a lowly guards(wo)man, Adeline may not be able to cast spells or read anything more scholarly than a picture book, but she's in peak physical condition. In other words, her stamina is off the charts. On top of that, she's accustomed to taking orders and getting results no matter the cost. In conclusion, Yvette should cherish their private time together as much as Adeline does, with any luck.

Sweet nothings are whispered into Adeline's ears. This prompts Adeline to fetch the bowl of grapes she placed on a low table beside the bed in a previous post. She blissfully giggles as she whispers a sweet something back into Yvette's ears before attempting to feed the grapes to her as if she was a queen (yes, Adeline is under the impression that royal people live such extravagant lives that they employ other people to feed them fruits). If Yvette asks Adeline anything at all during this period of time, Adeline will insist on addressing Yvette as "my queen" and doing whatever she requests as quickly as she can.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Orc in the Playground

"Oh, you mean sniper's her career! I never bothered with one of those. Stole a ring when I was young, and never looked back. Well, that's a lie. I regret keeping the ring. Nothing else, just keeping the ring." As he says it, the squirrel fiddles with a tiny ring just visible under the fur of his finger.

"Ashk is a silly name. Do all humans have such odd names? I'm Slightly Bizarre." Which is, at least, descriptive and completely accurate.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Orc in the Playground

[Private Room]

Oh, Yvette does. Very much so.

Yvette smiles and opens her mouth, taking it like a queen, though she can't help but giggle after eating one of the grapes. "Zees is vonderful, is it not?" She smiles, smiling wider when addressed like 'my queen'. She's loving being treated as a queen, after being forced to be treated like dirt. Unconsciously, she fingers her old slave brand, along with the extra dots that indicate she's a freed slave. Her sorceress mentor offered to wipe it off magically, but she wanted a reminder.

"Ve need to get un chateau, résidence principale. I got Tilalle, mon serviteur, to clear one, for moi. After zis moment, ve are going to ze chateau. I vant a base d'opérations for ze army I vill build." She whispers into Adeline's ears. "Mon cherie. Je t'aime." I love you, but in French. She's not quite sure why she says it, or why she kisses her lover passionately on the lips.

[The Coin Dilemma]

"Oh, so you're a thief! Just delightful." Askhenaz shakes his head a bit. "Well, don't go stealing my stuff!"

Then he frowns. "You're one to talk, Slightly Bizarre is a silly name. Difference in cultures, see? More importantly, what's this about burning a coin?"

As he asks, he prepares a big fireball in one hand and holds the coin ready in the other hand.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Orc in the Playground

"I am not a thief! I don't steal, mostly. Unless it's an item of great power and leaving it in the paws of its current owner is incredibly dangerous. Or if obtaining it poses a particularly interesting challenge." He's particularly indignant over how, despite stealing things, he's not a thief. He'd agree to being called 'adventurer', and it's fairly accurate too.

"The coin's cursed. Chap who had it had a crab-thing growing from his face, it was one of a horde of similar things. A cat-giant burnt the rest with alcohol. Hopefully that'll be the cure for this one, too." Slightly didn't actually see what was in the duffel bag; he was occupied at the time.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

[Closed Plot]

Raril wanders into the Den from behind the bar and tacks up a sign on the wall.

WANTED

Skilled Adventurers
    Underdark experience preferred
    Discretion a must!
    See Raril
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

Who should decide to wander in at this point other than a certain smoking hawt hunkalicious turbodreambabe of a tiefling? Kal, dressed in his typical Infernal Blacks (a very distinct and totally different shade than Abyssal Black, which is, of course, heresy) and fancy phoenix feather hat that he got from his first appearance in the Nexus, all those years ago. He see the sign and reads it, evaluating his own qualities in reference to those desired.

Skilled Adventurer? Check.
    Underdark Experience? Banging hot drow babes counts as 'experience', right? Check.
    Discretion? Totally check.

I guess he's looking for Raril now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

Raril's standing behind the bar, dressed today in shades of grey and black. His usually flamboyant hat replaced with a simple bandana. He tugs uncomfortably at a golden collar tight around his neck, emblazoned with the blue and gold spider on a web of House Xar'Cha.

He notices Kal looking at the want ad and stops tugging at the collar before giving a wave. "Interested in a job?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

14. - Top - End - #464
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "I am not a thief! I don't steal, mostly. Unless it's an item of great power and leaving it in the paws of its current owner is incredibly dangerous. Or if obtaining it poses a particularly interesting challenge." He's particularly indignant over how, despite stealing things, he's not a thief. He'd agree to being called 'adventurer', and it's fairly accurate too.

"The coin's cursed. Chap who had it had a crab-thing growing from his face, it was one of a horde of similar things. A cat-giant burnt the rest with alcohol. Hopefully that'll be the cure for this one, too." Slightly didn't actually see what was in the duffel bag; he was occupied at the time.
    "Riiiiight. You aren't a thief, but you take things that don't belong to you." Askh shakes his head and purses his lips. "'Mercenary adventurer', then."

((Time to poke Murkus))

"Cursed coin? Crab thing? You'll tell me about the cat later, this thing has to be destroyed now. Follow me and watch me work, then, Bizarre." He thinks Bizarre fits as a short form, as the squirrel is rather bizarre...

Without waiting, he walks to the [Outside] of the bar and empties the duffel bag into an industrial-grade cast-iron pot. When looking at it makes his head knock, he quickly covers it with the duffel bag, steps back and blasts the coin with a directed fire beam with a temperature of about 3500 Celsius. That heat is directed on the coin and the probably melting pot, and won't burn anyone in the surroundings, because in this case: 'convection schmovection'.

"Fire Point: Tungsten Melter!"

15. - Top - End - #465
    Halfling in the Playground

[Outside]

Though it's difficult to tell with the blast of searing fire, the coin is certainly melted. It emits an evil stench as it's reduced to a molten state, sloshing in a small, glittering puddle at the bottom of the pot.

[Closed Scene]

Not far behind Kal comes a towering creature clad in battle-dulled steel. She walks with the grace of a practiced noblewoman, yet is dressed and adorned solely for the spilling of blood. Vicious curves and bulging plate adorn her powerful form. Each pauldron on her too-broad shoulders protrudes in the shape of a gnashing bird's beak, each one has eye sockets that gleam with strange black stones. The collar of the armor's breastplate is inordinately wide, and from it springs a collar of immaculate white feathers. From her hips hangs steel weapons, strange sheathed things that might be swords or similar arms but seem somehow misshapen, caught in belts or jangling as they clatter against her backside. A spear-shaft - entirely without the all-too-necessary tip - is strapped against her back.

Capping this strange sight is an even stranger one. Bright pink skin, a full but graceful throat, a smartly tapered jaw. One eye glows, the other hidden beneath a curtain of tumbling, curly pink hair. And on her head, most antithetical of all, sits a great broad-brimmed hat that sways and bobs as she walks. Up from its top pokes a long, slender flamingo feather.

The tall lady looks about, smiling, then bows slowly to Raril. Hat doffed and all. "Greetings, dear heart. Are you the proprietor? Perhaps the one called Raril?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2016-03-28 at 12:45 AM.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

Immediately after the imposing woman enters, well, someone quite a bit less imposing. Especially since compared to the woman in armor, she's downright teeny. The little lady's small size is a bit misleading, as there is some muscle there. But not too much, as that would weigh her down, and that's rather obvious by the wings at her side, connecting her arms and legs and generally being a nuisance as she tries not to drag them along the ground as she hops into the place. She's wearing a navy blue outfit, like a flightsuit with a simple little aviator jacket on top, all cut to accomodate her wings. Her face is covered by a pair of bulging aviator goggles and a simple blue mask that covers the sides of her face and her forehead. Out of it sticks her little black-grey snout, and above it perch her giant, gently twitching ears. Between them is a head of black hair, almost like a short mohawk as it sits between the ears. And at her waist, impossibly there despite her wings, probably thanks to some clever clips, is a bulging metallic and leather belt just bursting with pockets.

Who knows how the little bat-girl heard about the job from the outside after the thing was posted, but that's really not the kinds of questions Nexus natives bother to ask.
    "Yeah, you needed help with a job, right?" she bubbles with a grin.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2016-03-28 at 12:31 AM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

Kal gives his customary charming grin, showing off his rows of perfectly straight, gleaming white teeth. Damn, what a stunner that tiefling is.
    "Well, usually I'm running in the other direction at anything that seems even slightly like an honest paying job, but I think you'll find I'm more than qualified for the task." Overwhelmingly qualified, even. Why, there's probably people applying who haven't even banged a single hot drow babe. Not even one! "Boredom bug bites hard sometimes, which is why I'm willing to compromise my strict dedication to non-productivity in this case."

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

Raril is, at first, intimidated by the armored woman. She was so very large and so very... pink? However the bow and the soft speech made him smile, bowing in return. "That's me. Well met, miss."

He gives a bit of a laugh at Kal. "Paying, yes. Honest, not so much. I hope you all don't mind that. Let's discuss this in my office. Hm?"

The drow steps out from behind the bar and leads the way to a door marked "Private." He taps it in a few places, humming as he does so, before pulling it open. Inside was a desk laden with ledgers and paperwork, most written in blue ink in either Drow or Goblin. Raril took a seat behind the desk in a worn but cozy chair. Two more sat on the opposite side of the desk. There was also a couch, shoved against the side wall. A blanket and pillow were on it, as it seemed to have been used as a bed somewhat recently.

"Have a seat where ever, and make sure you close the door behind you." Raril advises. "Before we begin, would anyone like some wine? Cormyrian Fireamber, very good stuff, a favorite of mine, in fact." From somewhere behind the desk be pulls out a tray laden with glasses, as well as a bottle filled with golden liquid.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

19. - Top - End - #469
    Orc in the Playground

"Not a mercenary, really. Adventurer I'll own up to, but mostly I do what I want, when I want to do it, and not because I'm paid. I've made and lost a fortune, and when I had it? It wasn't so fun." Though he did try to con a silver coin out of somebody earlier, but they kept pressing for details before they paid up and he generally found them quite annoying.

He watches, as the coin melts and burns.

20. - Top - End - #470

Eschelle follows the newborn troupe into Raril's office. She'll politely sit in the back, on the edge of the couch. Her steel-capped knees jut out this way and that. She must be approaching seven feet tall and as such looks a little awkward on normal furniture.

She wrings her gauntlets together and places that great wide hat of hers on the couch at her side. A brief hesitation. Normally she would refuse a drink, certainly, but that would be impolite. Better not to offend a potential employer, especially a business owner. They could often pay handily.

"I will indulge a small glass, barkeep," says the woman. She'll stand to get it too, unless it's indicated that someone will bring it to her. She fancies perhaps asking the barkeep what his trouble is, but he'll most assuredly commence explaining on his own, and she would rather hear business before exchanging names if at all possible. With wine in hand she'll remain quiet and still for now.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

The bat-girl carefully closes the door behind them, slowly and carefully as to not make much sound. Must be a habit of hers. Then she hops over and plops herself into a chair, her feet kicking gently.
    "I'll take some, but only a little. It's not right to drink on the job." she says with a polite smile.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2016-03-28 at 05:33 PM.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

Kal saunters into the office, slightly aloof from the group, as if he had just decided to wander in of his own accord, rather than been summoned in. He takes a seat on one of the chairs, briefly glancing over the documents, but not really taking any care to read any of it. Private business is private.
    "Sounds good to me."

23. - Top - End - #473
    Pixie in the Playground

Default [Closed Plot - Raril's Office]

Bringing up the rear, the spitting image of Fenric quietly lurks in... except this guy is so very distinctly younger than the 600+ year old patriarch of the NorZilliar clan. His voice is so very similar, though...

Hello, Raril. I heard you were looking for some adventurers.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

Raril starts pouring wine, only a small amount for the ladies and more for himself and Kal. Lastly, he offers a glass to the fox who'd entered his office. He looked so familiar and yet, the drow couldn't be sure. "Fenric?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

25. - Top - End - #475
    Pixie in the Playground

Default [Raril's Office]

Frederick laughs softly

I've been told I look a lot like Grandpa. No, Mr. Raril...

he bows jauntily

I'm Frederick Elteron NorZilliar: Krystal and Exachix's oldest boy.

He grins

Time flies, huh?

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

"Gods, you know how to make an elf feel old." Raril exclaims. "Here, have a drink, take a seat. We were just about to begin."

The drow takes a sip from his own glass, letting the drink warm him a bit before he begins. "As you all know, I have a job for you, one that requires the utmost discretion. What I say here doesn't leave this room, or it could cost lives. Your lives. My life. The lives of my children. Do you understand? If you don't think you can hold your tongue, leave now."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

27. - Top - End - #477

Eschelle takes a moment to study the newcomer, giving him a once-over and a songbird 'hello' before turning her head back to Raril. Then, as though to affirm her ability to remain silent, Eschelle makes no reply. Merely watches with those crisp pink eyes and inclines her head, just the once.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2016-03-30 at 09:26 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

The bat-girl nods energetically.
    "Golly, mister, of course you can trust me. No one will hear a peep outta me." she says, before "elegantly" sitting back in her seat to sip at the wine.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "Not a mercenary, really. Adventurer I'll own up to, but mostly I do what I want, when I want to do it, and not because I'm paid. I've made and lost a fortune, and when I had it? It wasn't so fun." Though he did try to con a silver coin out of somebody earlier, but they kept pressing for details before they paid up and he generally found them quite annoying.

He watches, as the coin melts and burns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Though it's difficult to tell with the blast of searing fire, the coin is certainly melted. It emits an evil stench as it's reduced to a molten state, sloshing in a small, glittering puddle at the bottom of the pot.
    [Outside]

"Pheee-ew! That is some evil-smelling ****. Good thing I don't use that pot to cook food..." Askh grimaces and fans the front of his nose after stopping the fire-beam attack. "So, you're a free-spirit, like me! Tell me, is the coin useless now? Don't touch the pot, it's hot! Obviously, y'know..."

He's been avoiding looking at the melted coin for too long, but eventually takes the risk and peeeeeeers at the melted coin, watching for any evil-like effects, or knocking.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Orc in the Playground

"How'm I supposed to know if that worked? I don't have much experience breaking curses. They don't turn up often where I'm from- natural magic tends to either be beneficial, subtle, or passive. Or a mixture of the above. Unnatural magic is hard to shape, rare, expensive and not often worth the effort of twisting into something openly malignant to a prospective wielder." There are exceptions, but more often 'cursed' items in his homeworld are ones created to have effects which either don't work as intended, or with effects that weren't fully thought through. Slightly Bizarre possesses an example of the second type.