New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Murder At Hogwarts

Alohamora... alohamora... alohamora|alahomora|alahomora|alahomora|alahomora alahomora ALOHAMORA ALOHAMORA

Wait, what? oh...

Alohomora

Ah, finally in.
    The BareFoot Programmer

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post
    Been away from ww for a while but I'll give it a go.
    Same here, man

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Ooh, this looks set up to be an absolute mayhem game. Haven't had one of those in a while. In.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Sounds like a lot of fun.

Even though I`m new to Forum Games (here that is, been doing it elsewhere for about 9 years^^) I`d very much like "in".
    Last edited by GrayDeath; 2016-11-10 at 12:29 PM.
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I've been reading the rules and I do not understand how spells work. When can we cast spells and how? Are spellbooks assigned to spells used up?

Also, are PMs allowed? If so it will be easy for Voldemort to connect with the Inner Circle.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Disc Lorde View Post
    I've been reading the rules and I do not understand how spells work. When can we cast spells and how? Are spellbooks assigned to spells used up?

Also, are PMs allowed? If so it will be easy for Voldemort to connect with the Inner Circle.
    Spells are cast during the Night Phase, by assigning spellbooks to the spells. Spellbooks are not used up permanently, but each spellbook can only be assigned once per night. You cannot assign more than three spellbooks to a particular spell. Each spellbook dedicated to a spell gives that spell 1 Power. Some spells have a minimum power, meaning that the spell cannot be attempted unless you are capable of reaching the power minimum somehow; most spells have a minimum Power requirement of "1", meaning that you can cast them as long as you dedicate any number of spellbooks to them.

PMs are allowed, and that's totally a thing Voldemort can do, if they choose to trust their identity to the Inner Circle. The Inner Circle's official win condition is to kill off the Order Members before Voldemort dies three times, meaning Voldemort does not seem to have any reason not to get in contact with them.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I'm still considering whether I want Voldemort to start out knowing the Inner Circle or not for mechanical reasons, as it could add an extra element of mind-****ery to the rules.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2016-11-11 at 05:43 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #37
    Colossus in the Playground

The Inner Circle's official win condition is to kill off the Order Members before Voldemort dies three times, meaning Voldemort does not seem to have any reason not to get in contact with them.
    Am I the only one who looks at this and wonders what secret win conditions the members of the Inner Circle will have, and how many of them will want or need to backstab Voldemort?

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Am I the only one who looks at this and wonders what secret win conditions the members of the Inner Circle will have, and how many of them will want or need to backstab Voldemort?
    Utter nonsense, I didn't explicitly say anything of the sort would be going on.

EDIT: To clarify for any would-be Voldemorts in the game: the win conditions in the OP aren't necessarily a lie, they start out being true...but they can become false depending on how the game goes.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2016-11-11 at 05:51 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

Day one:

- everyone claims Voldemort
    - Ramsus votes Ramsus
    - Xihirili dies
    - Murska is head of the order
    - i am clueless

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Generic-Guy View Post
    Day one:

- everyone claims Voldemort
    - Ramsus votes Ramsus
    - Xihirili dies
    - Murska is head of the order
    - i am clueless
    Nah bro. Check it:

Quote Originally Posted by Day One
    Everybody: Kill Murska just in case!
    Quote Originally Posted by Night One
    Everybody: I use Avada Kadavra on {insert target}
    Quote Originally Posted by Day Two
    Narrator: Everybody's dead, just as planned. Good game everybody!
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2016-11-11 at 06:08 PM.

My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

So can someone with the Herbology specialty cast Herbalism and Devil's Snare each night for free then because their bonus allows them to meet the power requirements without spending any spellbooks?

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

So can someone with the Herbology specialty cast Herbalism and Devil's Snare each night for free then because their bonus allows them to meet the power requirements without spending any spellbooks?
    No, casting a spell still requires at least a single spellbook be invested. It does mean they're spells have more power for less book investment.

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #43
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sign me up.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Same here- this looks very...
    Interesting.
    Xykon's not Evil. He just get bored really easily. And he doesn't have constructive hobbies.
    Spoiler: Gen/Degen
    Show
    Generation 4
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your signature and add one.
    Degeneration 92
    The first time you see this, copy it into your signature and subtract one.
    Spoiler: Super Secret Awesome Point Counter
    Show

Iceseer - 3

HUGS FOR ALL!
    Spoiler: I be an awesome pokemon
    Show

Spoiler: Le Quotes on le topic of Me
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Socksy View Post
    You're a perfect person.
    Isn't Socksy adorabibbles?

15. - Top - End - #45
    Garraban
    Guest in the Playground

Sounds like fun, count me in!

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Looks fun!!

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

This is going to be a long game...
    Or we kill us each other fast
    My guess Voldemort needs Unicorn-blood. Order, kill everyone trying to enter the forrest.
    Winner of the game: The only person that hides all the time in the forbidden forrest, not becomming adicted to unicorn-blood night one.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Not much activity recently.
    The Greatest Threads Of GiantITP (in my opinion):
    A story of the exact wrong way to run a campaign.
    The best thread derailment of all time.
    The "canonical" list of Mostly Useless Magic Items.
    A ridiculous campaign.
    Weird dreams.

Working on a laptop connected to the Internet is like writing on a typewriter welded to a circus. -Unknown

My Nexus character

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sniccups View Post
    Not much activity recently.
    Nothing to worry about, at least not on my end; it's still recruitment phase...but that phase ends on the 19th, as per the schedule in the sticky thread.

My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Am I too late? I don't know the exact deadline, or how it converts to GMT.

So if I can locate a Time Turner, count me in.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Am I too late? I don't know the exact deadline, or how it converts to GMT.

So if I can locate a Time Turner, count me in.
    You cannot locate a Time Turner before the game begins, silly!

It's currently about 13:30 local time for me, and I'm going to be up until about 6:00 tomorrow morning. I'll be busy with some gaming today, but at midnight local time (in about 10.5 hours), I'll announce that it's closed and start doling out roles.

My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, I'm gonna start randomly assigning roles, making QTs, and sending PMs. Once the last ones are away, I'll post the N0/D1 Narration. A couple quick rules changes that I've been waffling about in regards to Voldemort:

1) Voldemort does not start out knowing the Inner Circle Members.

2) Previous Voldemort's can communicate with current Voldemorts. In addition to this, as the original Voldemort (who will die during the Night Zero narration), I will attempt to make my responses to questions in the Voldemort QT be in-character when possible.

- - - Updated - - -

3) Also, if people find it preferable, I may end up combining the Night and Day phase into the Night phase and make the Meeting phase the new Day phase, to speed the game up

My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Voldemort's body was found the next morning, blackened by burns and riddled with strange holes. Some of the gathered teachers exchanged worried looks, while others schooled their expressions into the appropriate horror and disbelief to avoid tipping their hand. A message on the wall made their fate crystal clear:

THE DARK LORD YET LIVES. UNTIL HE HATH BEEN THRICE MORE DEFIED, WE SHALL SEARCH TO PURGE HIS SPIRIT BY RIDDING HIM OF PROFESSORS TO POSSESS

One of the gathered professors observed the message, a cool rage building within them as their features remained unchanging. They would avenge their own death from beyond the grave...

Night Zero/Day Zero Results

AvatarVecna was killed. They were Voldemort Zero. Voldemort has three remaining lives.

Meeting One begins now. It will end somewhere 30-42 hours from now.

Future phases will be the originally-stated 48 hours, this one's a bit short to align better with my time zone than the 2am local time it is right now for me.

Remember, vote for both lynchee and deputy. If you care about those things, I mean.

My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

The professor stumbled into the meeting room, carrying an armful of books. Her hair was uncombed and messy, as if she had been lying face-down on a couch before the meeting had been called. Which was exactly what had happened.
    "Hi! Sorry I'm late. I was up late last night reading about Nifflers. Did you know that Nifflers make up 25% of all life on earth? That means that if you meet someone, there's a 1 in 4 chance that they're secretly a NIFFLER IN DISGUISE.
    This Voldemort stuff is nasty business!
    Now, then. Generic-Guy, I find it suspicious that you're so generic. It seems like the perfect cover....
    As for the deputy.... well, everyone's guilty until proven innocent. So I think I'm the best choice. I mean, just look at these stylish Black Socks!"

((Random random random, random d1 lynch vote!))
    Last edited by Black Socks; 2016-11-20 at 10:12 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Ah, Madam Black Socks. If you could step through the cabinet, we've got some new items in the store I'm sure you'll wish to check out.

Spoiler: Borgins and Burkes
    Show
    Votes for sale. Get your votes here. <Cost: Bane Me>

I'll vote for anyone but myself, for either type of vote. All it costs from you is a bane of any strength you'd like cast in my direction. Of course, if someone bids a higher strength bane, I'll take their bane over yours. I'll post who won the bids at the start of each night. If no one bids, I'll hide out in the forest so my votes won't count the next day.

Day 1 special!

Normally I wouldn't provide a vote without first getting my payment, but I'll make an exception for day one. Just the promise to bane me the first night will allow you to determine who I vote for Today.

Imperio Delux edition. <Cost: Double Bane>

If you can muster a combination of a least six points worth of bane power for just one of my votes, I'll let you choose a target for me to cast Imperio on to double the value of the votes you bought. (This offer can not be combined with specials or coupons)

Poly-Juice <Cost: Market Rate>

Worried that someone might be coming after you? Unable to cast powerful transmutation, charm or potion spells? Never fear, your resident apothecary can ensure that your enemies never find you.
    Last edited by TBFProgrammer; 2016-11-20 at 10:57 AM.
    The BareFoot Programmer

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Already sitting in one corner of the room, meditating (about some kind of laugheably esoteric thing the quibbler might not print....or more likely sleeping) was another professor. He looked like he was trying too hard to look "moderately evil". Goatee? Check. Slightly styled Hair? Check. Green Eyes? Also check (although sadly the wrong shade for the intended look).
    It might have actually worked had he not looked rather a bit too fond of good food otherwise.

Anyway, he snapped awake as his collegues came in....Ahem "out of meditation".
    "Harumph. Yes, yes, terrible business, terrible. if the School is not safer than when the Madman Dumbledore ran it, what has changed?" Aside from the obvious, his tone said.

Then he looked at the meeting list somebody had fixed to the north wall.
    "Well, this TBFProgrammer sounds suspicioully like one of these Muggel Rune Thingy makers, no?" His glare wandered towards the named Wizard. "Maybe we should inform Kish. Wasn`t (s)he the one with the uncle in the "Control of Muggles" department or whatsitsname??"

He stood up and dusted some silvery residue off his left Sleeve. Trying and partly succeeding at looking imposing. At least he was tall and had a Goatee. And (dark) Blonde Hair.....
    Last edited by GrayDeath; 2016-11-20 at 11:59 AM.
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

A young professor looks up from the other side of the room, a stack of books on the table beside him.. He'd look like a student if you took a few decades off him, due to his messy hair and face that says 'I haven't truly slept in weeks'.

I'm worried that the students have been infiltrated, you never know what lines those half-bloods feed their kids.

Any, I always thought that
    Duck999 seemed like a suspicious fellow. But you know what I think, you can always trust a Generic-Guy to deal with things. Do you really think an order member would spend so little time on their cover?
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Lexi, the lovely young human woman (totally not a pixie), is found pacing in front of a large plate of éclairs. She bites her thumb, occasionally looking at the delicious looking pastry, clearing wanting one.

Then the others begin coming inside, and she has someone to finally distract her from the utterly desirable chocolate confections.

Lexi flutters over, totally without wings, it's just a descriptor of how she moves, not how she literally grew wings and flew over, and listens to the others give their opinions and viewpoints.

"I think we should be looking for Disc Lorde. He stole a cake from me once, and I haven't seen him in forever. Oh!! Are those new?" Quickly distracted, Lexi glides over and begins to inspect the stylish Black Socks.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Ramsus Sr walks past Lexi (Lex-kat), his cane clicking against the floor, not really paying attention he just smiles and nods. He inspects himself in a mirror, frowning a bit at his salt and pepper hair, and when a (The)Phantom pops out she shoos it away with his cane.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Barbarian in the Playground

Professor Brondwall, a middle aged man wearing a gray suit, finally spoke up.

"In times like these, I think we should look out for each other. I am willing to help protect anyone who will protect me."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    ImperatorV
    Thematthew
    PM me if you want to trade banes.