New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: You just gained a level in real life! What class would you take?

Well, if I'm reading everything right, and still going the assumption that homebrew is off the table, I'm now a troll-blooded elan crusader 1 / arcane spellcaster 1, who has used sculpt self extensively.

Since I haven't been abducted by government agencies, I apparently either am alone, or will travel back in time (have traveled back in time?) to Mind Rape away all evidence of those who used their powers in obvious ways to draw attention to our existence. Either way, no point in worrying about it.

Looking back on this past year, I haven't become more evil, or good, or lawful, or chaotic... But I have become more *me*. From this, I conclude that I will go Tainted Sorcerer, but with me taint. From this, I conclude that "me taint" is a thing. Since taint only previously existed for one of the four alignments, I therefore conclude that my future self has modified the universe to include a new, "me" / "not me" alignment axis, to allow for the existence of the me-tainted sorcerer prestige class. Good thinking, future me. Since this is clearly what future me wants me to do, I guess I'll plan for eventually picking up the variant tainted sorcerer prestige class.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzerdrix View Post
    So get some DR. Heck, take troll blooded and just sleep it off in a few hours.
    My misunderstanding of the previous thread had me believing I was going from a 20th level expert to a 1st level character; in the ensuing paranoia of potentially dieing from what had previously been trivial injuries, physical defenses like good HP, elan resilience, and troll blooded were essential. Besides, crusader gives infinite free healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Troacctid View Post
    You didn't have ability scores before. Now you do.

You didn't have levels before. Now you do.

You don't have this information at the time you make your decision.
    This feels like bad role-playing, but... If I pick, say, an 8 int, what does that mean? Do I get dumber, or does it only affect my "character sheet" (ie, skill points, bonuses to int based skills, prereqs for feats, casting, etc)? If I take an 8 str, does my body change, or does it only affect my character sheet? Etc.

Or did I read that you finally caved, and told people that, if they felt that the elite array more accurately represented their real life stats, and they didn't want to change, they could just use those?

More importantly (perhaps), if I'm already, say, murky eyed, and I take the murky eyed flaw, does my vision get worse, or do I only take the mechanical penalty listed in the flaw (which, in this theoretical example, I perhaps already take)? Eh, or I could just take inattentive and vulnerable, perhaps slightly refluffed, if I want to stay true to what I'm used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I mean, if your ambition is simply, "Do what I would do ordinarily, but be extremely competent on you," I applaud your dedication. Me, I want flying invisible laser murder.
    In a different thread like this one, the OP specified that my loved ones being endangered was potentially part of "suddenly, D&D". In that scenario, the ability to defend them, or resurrect them, was top of my list. Honestly, it's pretty high on my list here, too. Going by "you don't know until you try" logic, not knowing what a 5000gp diamond looks like, using my favorite Arcane Spellcaster / Tainted Sorcerer approach to D&D seems like the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Azoth View Post
    For the Pathfinder builds looking at easy crafting, if you don't mind murder/being Evil there is a way to craft for free. The second level spell Summon Cacodaemon. A Cacodaemon, can devour the soul of anyone that has died within one minute and create a Soul Gem from it. The soul of a lvl1 commoner is worth 100gp in crafting/expensive spell components. I will leave how to get a fresh cadaver to your imagination. Animals are worth 25gp is that is more stomachable.
    So... If you know when they are going to die / have time travel, is there anything inherently evil about stealing the soul of someone who isn't using it any more?

Quote Originally Posted by Azoth View Post
    You missed the point. It isn't about knowing whether I will gain a level or not, or what to build upon. It is about knowing if even currently available choices are valid.

Gaining any kind of teleportation effect may be a no fly if we aren't a plane bordering the Ethereal/Astral Plane. So even something like Abrupt Jaunt a level 1 Wizard ability could be a no go.

Taking that ACF would be worthless, and gimping one self if we aren't in a similar position on the planar wheel similar to what the Prime Material Plane is in D&D.

By the same token, if certain plains don't exist then certain summons are locked away. If certain books are unavailable then familiar/animal companion choices become limited.

Granted these are all Metagame concerns, but in reality we are metagaming every step of this exercise.
    A wizard should be able to develop spells which work with alternate planar geography. Few do, to my sadness. Hopefully, alternate planar geography versions of all spells and abilities can be assumed as a given in this experiment?

2. - Top - End - #332

I plan to pick up a level in oracle at some point, and I'm going to pick up the Unchained curse. I hate the alignment system, and I don't want anything messing with my alignment. Plus, I have a number of "Good" and "Evil" and "Lawful" and "Chaotic" feats, spells, items, soulmelds, and classes that I want, and I honestly don't see what the point of labeling most of them as such is, so I'm just bypassing that crap altogether. Plus, holy word and its ilk are terrible, and I'd just as soon never be subject to any of them, ever.

Plus, I know ways to make lots of 1 level dips work for me, even for casting classes.
    Last edited by MaxiDuRaritry; 2017-01-09 at 10:08 PM.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quertus View Post
    Well, if I'm reading everything right, and still going the assumption that homebrew is off the table, I'm now a troll-blooded elan crusader 1 / arcane spellcaster 1, who has used sculpt self extensively.
    You do actually have to be a human, but otherwise, sure.

This feels like bad role-playing, but... If I pick, say, an 8 int, what does that mean? Do I get dumber, or does it only affect my "character sheet" (ie, skill points, bonuses to int based skills, prereqs for feats, casting, etc)? If I take an 8 str, does my body change, or does it only affect my character sheet? Etc.
    Just your character sheet.

Or did I read that you finally caved, and told people that, if they felt that the elite array more accurately represented their real life stats, and they didn't want to change, they could just use those?
    No, but you can use the standard array (11, 11, 11, 10, 10, 10).

More importantly (perhaps), if I'm already, say, murky eyed, and I take the murky eyed flaw, does my vision get worse, or do I only take the mechanical penalty listed in the flaw (which, in this theoretical example, I perhaps already take)? Eh, or I could just take inattentive and vulnerable, perhaps slightly refluffed, if I want to stay true to what I'm used to.
    The descriptive text of the flaw ("Your vision is obscured") applies as well.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

So... If you know when they are going to die / have time travel, is there anything inherently evil about stealing the soul of someone who isn't using it any more?

A wizard should be able to develop spells which work with alternate planar geography. Few do, to my sadness. Hopefully, alternate planar geography versions of all spells and abilities can be assumed as a given in this experiment?

Unfortunately it is still Evil. This is because when summoning a creature with an alignment subtype the spell gains that descriptor. Cacodaemons are Evil. The process also traps their soul indefinitely in a gem denying them an afterlife/resurection until it is destroyed.

In D&D, outside of ripping open a planar gateway all teleportation effects use the Astral Plane. The reasons for this are too long to explain while AFB and on mobile. Basically, no Astral Plane no teleportation.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Barbarian in the Playground

Let's go with Cleric of Bahamut 1!
    Check out my threads:
    Video Game Characters as D&D Characters v2.0
    Anime Characters as D&D Characters v2.0

I never use Psionics in my games.

Avatar by the amazing AsteriskAmp!

Quote Originally Posted by John Longarrow View Post
    Gold Dragon - Go Bard.

Alter Form into Elvis Presley. You are now the KING!

6. - Top - End - #336
    Barbarian in the Playground

Just your character sheet.
    I am confused now. So assigning an 8 to Int will not reduce my native intelligence?

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    As for 3pp... it's simply not specified one way or the other. Wasn't in the original thread, either. Pathfinder in general though is more encouraging of 3rd party all around.
    I'm counting on 3rd party material, but then I'm also counting on being able to find a water elemental before I can attempt to form a psychic link with it, so there's at least one other avenue for failure for me. Won't know until you try, though.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Reader View Post
    I am confused now. So assigning an 8 to Int will not reduce my native intelligence?
    Whoever said the thing about "real-you/DND-you" has it down, i think; your ability scores, flaws, feats et cetera don't affect whether or not you lose your college education, professional training, and such. If you've got an IQ of 142 in real life, putting an 8 in Intelligence won't put a damper on it, but it will mean that your skill points/level will go down for the sake of learning DND skills, which I assume is faster than learning them the normal way (ranks in perform[sing] = choral training on some level) but also means you're not boosting Use Magic Item.

Come to think of it, this would change my setup...Intelligence is much more of a dump stat since I keep my real-life knowledge base, and I already have ranks in Perform...okay, back to the drawing board. I'll reset my build as a level 1 and see what I come up with (got Time Scratch'd). Best part of all of this is relearning Pathfinder, and 3.5 to a lesser degree...

Spoiler: 2017 - New Year, New Build
    Show
    NG Alternate Human Evolutionist Summoner 1
    Str 8 Con 10 Dex 12 Int 11 Wis 9 Cha 15

Alternate Human Racial Traits: Comprehensive Education (All Knowledges as class skills, +1 racial bonus on skill checks for each Knowledge skill that they gain as a class skill from their class levels [from Summoner that's all of them...so +1 to All Knowledges?{going the RAW reading that isn't how I first read it...}]), Focused Study (Skill Focus at 1st, 8th, and 16th; picking Diplomacy)
    Favored Class: Summoner (+1 SR to Eidolon)
    Speaks Common and Celestial

Spoiler: Vitals
    Show
    8 HP, Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +1, BAB 0, AC 12, Init +1
    5'8, 178 lb, blonde, blue-eyed (spectacled)
    Spoiler: Base Attacks
    Show
    Quarterstaff: -3 vs AC, 1d6-1 bludg
    Light Crossbow: +1 vs AC, 1d8 pierce

Spoiler: Gear
    Show
    Hide Armor, Light Crossbow, Quarterstaff

Spoiler: Skills
    Show
    Linguistics: +3, Spellcraft: +3

Spoiler: Feats
    Show
    Noncombatant (-2 to melee attack rolls) Flaw: Resilient Eidolon - Eidolon sticks around (Summoner levels) rounds after you are knocked unconscious, fall asleep, or are killed, in case you don't get back up
    Vulnerable (-1 AC) Flaw: Vigilant Eidolon - While your eidolon is within your reach, you gain a +4 bonus on Perception checks. If you have 10 or more ranks in Perception, this bonus increases to +8. This does not apply if your eidolon is helpless or unconscious.
    Focused Study - Skill Focus(Diplomacy): +3 to Diplomacy checks (+5 total bonus)
    1st Level: Extra Evolution - +1 to EP Pool

Spoiler: Spells
    Show
    0: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Light, Mage Hand
    1: Life Conduit, Snowball

Spoiler: Class Features:
    Show

Spoiler: Life Link
    Show
    Starting at 1st level, a summoner forms a close bond with his eidolon. Whenever the eidolon takes enough damage to send it back to its home plane, the summoner can sacrifice any number of hit points. Each hit point sacrificed in this way prevents 1 point of damage done to the eidolon. This can prevent the eidolon from being sent back to its home plane.

In addition, the eidolon and the summoner must remain within 100 feet of one another for the eidolon to remain at full strength. If the eidolon is beyond 100 feet but closer than 1,000 feet, its current and maximum hit point totals are reduced by 50%. If the eidolon is more than 1,000 feet away but closer than 10,000 feet, its current and maximum hit point totals are reduced by 75%. If the eidolon is more than 10,000 feet away, it is immediately returned to its home plane. Current hit points lost in this way are not restored when the eidolon gets closer to its summoner, but its maximum hit point total does return to normal.

Spoiler: Summon Monster (SP)
    Show
    Starting at 1st level, a summoner can cast summon monster I as a spell-like ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + his Charisma modifier. Drawing upon this ability uses up the same power as the summoner uses to call his eidolon. As a result, he can only use this ability when his eidolon is not summoned. He can cast this spell as a standard action and the creatures remain for 1 minute per level (instead of 1 round per level). At 3rd level, and every 2 levels thereafter, the power of this ability increases by one spell level, allowing him to summon more powerful creatures (to a maximum of summon monster IX at 17th level). At 19th level, this ability can be used as gate or summon monster IX. If used as gate, the summoner must pay any required material components. A summoner cannot have more than one summon monster or gate spell active in this way at one time. If this ability is used again, any existing summon monster or gate immediately ends. These summon spells are considered to be part of his spell list for the purposes of spell trigger and spell completion items. In addition, he can expend uses of this ability to fufill the construction requirements of any magic item he creates, so long as he can use this ability to cast the required spell.

Spoiler: Eidolon
    Show
    Spoiler: Feature Wording
    Show
    A summoner begins play with the ability to summon to his side a powerful outsider called an eidolon. The eidolon forms a link with the summoner, who, forever after, summons an aspect of the same creature. An eidolon has the same alignment as the summoner that calls it and can speak all of his languages. Eidolons are treated as summoned creatures, except that they are not sent back to their home plane until reduced to a number of negative hit points equal to or greater than their Constitution score. In addition, due to its tie to its summoner, an eidolon can touch and attack creatures warded by protection from evil and similar effects that prevent contact with summoned creatures.

A summoner can summon his eidolon in a ritual that takes 1 minute to perform. When summoned in this way, the eidolon hit points are unchanged from the last time it was dismissed or banished. The only exception to this is if the eidolon was slain, in which case it returns with half its normal hit points. The eidolon does not heal naturally. The eidolon remains until dismissed by the summoner (a standard action). If the eidolon is sent back to its home plane due to death, it cannot be summoned again until the following day. The eidolon cannot be sent back to its home plane by means of dispel magic, but spells such as dismissal and banishment work normally. If the summoner is unconscious, asleep, or killed, his eidolon is immediately banished. The eidolon takes a form shaped by the summoner’s desires. The eidolon’s Hit Dice, saving throws, skills, feats, and abilities are tied to the summoner’s class level and increase as the summoner gains levels. In addition, each eidolon receives a pool of evolution points, based on the summoner’s class level, that can be used to give the eidolon different abilities and powers. Whenever the summoner gains a level, he must decide how these points are spent, and they are set until he gains another level of summoner.

The eidolon’s physical appearance is up to the summoner, but it always appears as some sort of fantastical creature. This control is not fine enough to make the eidolon appear like a specific creature. The eidolon also bears a glowing rune that is identical to a rune that appears on the summoner’s forehead as long as the eidolon is summoned. While this rune can be hidden through mundane means, it cannot be concealed through magic that changes appearance, such as alter self or polymorph (although invisibility does conceal it as long as the spell lasts).

Spoiler: Eidolon Form and Stats
    Show
    Kye - Using Aboleth Model (Reach [Tentacle], 2x Tentacles), Multiattack feat

Basically a complete build; if I ever play a Pathfinder campaign, I'd probably use this as a template (change it to fit campaign rules, of course). Having a baby aboleth at my side is a dream come true .
    Last edited by JBPuffin; 2017-01-10 at 11:43 AM.
    Cookie Count: One

Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Spoiler: True Facts
    Show

9. - Top - End - #339

So... If my stats don't matter, except for my character sheet, then I am neither worried about "losses" nor exited about "gains", and can / should focus only on min maxing the character sheet.

Flaws matter outside the character sheet... What about alignment? If I, say, pick "evil", will I suddenly start enjoying the suffering of others, or will it not affect my personality?

If it is merely a label on a sheet, then it's just a choice between being able to cast all spells, vs being able to take ur priest + "normal" evil tainted sorcerer. ... Or has tainted scholar replaced that prestige class?

IIRC, in the previous thread, we knew we were getting a level every year (up to a limit of 20th level?), but not whether we were alone. IIRC, we could not level up except for once per year. We were also forbidden to do cheesy tricks at levels lower than they could normally be performed. Did I remember those rules right / remember those from the correct thread / anything else I missed? OP, any chance of spoiling the established rules in the initial post (and in future threads)?

And... I apparently missed the whole "human" thing in the last thread. Anybody got any clever ways to get a new body on the cheap?
    Last edited by Quertus; 2017-01-10 at 11:03 AM.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

What about alignment? If I, say, pick "evil", will I suddenly start enjoying the suffering of others, or will it not affect my personality?
    You don't pick your alignment, except by acting in accordance with it.

IIRC, in the previous thread, we knew we were getting a level every year (up to a limit of 20th level?), but not whether we were alone.
    Well, you wouldn't have known it in the first year, anyway. A few years in, you might start catching on.

11. - Top - End - #341

SwashbucklerGuy

Rogue definitely. Especially when in today's economy skill points is king and SA means I can be as dirty scum as I can be when **** hits the fan.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Banned

GreenSorcererElf

So... If my stats don't matter, except for my character sheet, then I am neither worried about "losses" nor exited about "gains", and can / should focus only on min maxing the character sheet.

Flaws matter outside the character sheet... What about alignment? If I, say, pick "evil", will I suddenly start enjoying the suffering of others, or will it not affect my personality?

If it is merely a label on a sheet, then it's just a choice between being able to cast all spells, vs being able to take ur priest + "normal" evil tainted sorcerer. ... Or has tainted scholar replaced that prestige class?

IIRC, in the previous thread, we knew we were getting a level every year (up to a limit of 20th level?), but not whether we were alone. IIRC, we could not level up except for once per year. We were also forbidden to do cheesy tricks at levels lower than they could normally be performed. Did I remember those rules right / remember those from the correct thread / anything else I missed? OP, any chance of spoiling the established rules in the initial post (and in future threads)?

And... I apparently missed the whole "human" thing in the last thread. Anybody got any clever ways to get a new body on the cheap?
    I would say it's not a character sheet, but more like the way character options work in a video game. Because you, as a person, already exist the base creation has likely already been filled out with your current actual stats. Basically a popup appears in front of you with character level up selection. "What class would you like? Here are your options for that class. Perform feat selection." etc. Invalid selections would simply not appear as a choice.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ettin in the Playground

Barbarian...Duh...

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mhkay!

I'm a psionic artificer level 2. For rules system I don't see why we can't go with 3.X so let's roll with that.

Stats wise I've got STR 8, DEX 10, CON 11, INT 15, WIS 12, CHA 9.

I've got flaws, I'm not perfect, I'm a non combatant, and most definetively vulnerable.
    I've also got some traits, I love my mom and I'm pragmatic, a lot.

Feat wise, I've got a hidden talent to create vegetable matter that lasts for an hour (unless someone finds a use for it first , like my diesel car), I'm a magically extraordinary artisan and I'm an able learner. That is hidden talent (minor creation), extraordinary artisan, magical artisan (extraordinary artisan) and able learner.

I've got 4+2(Int)+1(Human)+1(trait)+1(FC) 9 skill points per level, that go to use magic device (use psionic device is rolled into umd in pathfinder), spellcraft and the requeriments to eventually become a chameleon.

Most of my time is spent actually working on my current job, I enjoy it and I can only craft 8 hours a day. For crafting I'm mostly buying common salt (which is a valuable trade good in D&D and a crystal) to use it to create power stones. Within those power stones there are a lot of useful spells/powers.

Recently I've been getting some tattoos too... wonder where they came from.
    So I've been rethinking the whole thing thanks to some good pointed questions from the people in the thread. The thing is if I'm alone I want as many options as possible, I have downtime, try to keep the masquerade (at least as long as I cannot survive anything anyone throws at me), have useful day to day abilities (magic item crafting is expensive enough that I cannot simply break it with salt economy), and more importantly have fun.

So my build:

Stats: STR 8, DEX 10, CON 11, INT 15, WIS 12, CHA 9 (Although I'm jelly if red fel gets away with his 26 to int)

Class: Psionic Artificer 2

Traits (PF): Finding your Kin (+1 HP, +1 SP per level) Pragmatic Activator (UMD is keyed of Intelligence), Spark of Creation (+1 to craft checks, 5% discount on item crafting)
    Drawbacks (PF): Naive (-2 AC against improvised weapons / dirty tricks)
    Flaws (3.5): Non Combatant (-2 Melee Attack Bonus), Vulnerable (-1 AC)
    Feats: Imprint Stone (P. Artificer), Scribe Psionic Tattoo (P. Artificer), Wedded to History (Golden Ager) (1st level), Hidden Talent (Psionic Creation) (Human), Cosmopolitan (Flaw), Apprentice (Crafstman) (Flaw)
    Languages: Chinese, Russian, Arabian, Java (cosmopolitan adds two languages)
    Maxed Skills: Autohypnosis [Addded through cosmopolitan], Concentration, Craft (Alchemy), Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (engineering) Knowledge (planes), Lucid dreaming [Added through cosmopolitan], Spellcraft, Use magic device.

At this point of time I'm mostly (ab)using autohypnosis and lucid dreaming for kicks, with autohypnosis I've got perfect memory and with lucid dreaming I've got plenty of training opportunities (I'm gonna learn kung fu, matrix style). I'm also capable of making a craft alchemy DC 25 to produce shapesand I'm sure I can find some good uses for that, so for now I'm just building a reserve. I'm using psionic creation to produce fuel regularly.

As for power stones I'm not using them regularly, just keeping some guidance of the avatar ones when I need to make a particularly tough "check". I'm not wholly convinced about using bestow curse in a positive manner, but I'm certain I can try in my dreams.
    Last edited by thethird; 2017-01-11 at 02:05 AM.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

Stats: STR 8, DEX 10, CON 11, INT 15, WIS 12, CHA 9 (Although I'm jelly if red fel gets away with his 26 to int)
    First, I'm a villain. S'what I do. There are certain advantages to not being the protagonist of the story, and one of them is having competitive stats. Be glad I didn't push for extra levels.

Second, if you manage to derail a thread into a discussion of your Int score, you can establish your in-game stats. And no, this one doesn't count.

Although, if it makes you feel any better, I will totally pay fair market value for whatever powers you have on hand. And by fair market value, I mean that I will pay you enough to survive on after your home and possessions are destroyed in an unfortunate accident while I'm conveniently away overseas.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

Feats: Imprint Stone (P. Artificer), Scribe Psionic Tattoo (P. Artificer), Wedded to History (Golden Ager) (1st level), Hidden Talent (Psionic Creation) (Human), Cosmopolitan (Flaw), Trollblooded (Flaw)
    ... doesn't Troll Blooded require Toughness?
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

Second level of wizard, in accordance with my previous plan.
    Copy this to your signature if you love Jade_Tarem, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    A 20th-level fighter should be able to break rainbows in half with their bare hands and then dual-wield the parts of the rainbow.

Dual-wield the rainbow. Taste the rainbow.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    ... doesn't Troll Blooded require Toughness?
    Oh crap it does. Damn you memory!
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

19. - Top - End - #349
    Banned

You could swap Cosmopolitan for Toughness. It's not terribly useful.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Banned

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Tiri View Post
    You could swap Cosmopolitan for Toughness. It's not terribly useful.
    2 extra picked class skills and 2 extra languages not useful? In the real world take chinese and spanish and you can pretty much go anywhere and be able to talk to people.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calthropstu View Post
    2 extra picked class skills and 2 extra languages not useful? In the real world take chinese and spanish and you can pretty much go anywhere and be able to talk to people.
    The 3.5 version of the feat gives you +2 to Bluff, Sense Motive, and Gather Information.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Banned

GreenSorcererElf

The 3.5 version of the feat gives you +2 to Bluff, Sense Motive, and Gather Information.
    Oh, yeah... that's umm something less than optimized.

23. - Top - End - #353

Quote Originally Posted by Calthropstu View Post
    Oh, yeah... that's umm something less than optimized.
    Though admittedly not half bad for real life.
    That's all I can think of, at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    All hail the mighty Strigon! One only has to ask, and one shall receive.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Banned

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Though admittedly not half bad for real life.
    True enough. I wouldn't call it useless in the game either, but with so many amazing feats in 3.5 this one just screams "meh"

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

If you have Speak Language as a class skill, Open Minded is good for five whole languages. That's not too shabby.

26. - Top - End - #356

Troll-Blooded happens to be my favorite feat, and I abuse it mercilessly. However, in this case, I think I will use something even better. I also consider myself an antagonist, and thus worthy of better stats, but I will restrain myself.

Human Pugilist 1
    HP: 1d10-1(9)
    str- 11 dex- 12 con- 8 int- 10 wis- 15 cha- 9
    Spoiler: As an antogonist with better stats
    Show
    str- 14 dex- 15 con- 7 int- 12 wis- 16 cha- 10

Shake it Off

Shaky
    Insomniac(IRL too. )

+Improved Unarmed Strike
    +Endurance
    Diehard
    Intuitive Attack
    Improved Natural Attack: Unarmed
    Spoiler: As an antagonist
    Show
    I would lose INA for Power Attack.

My next 2 levels would be in Swordsage, unarmed variant.

By the way, Red Fel. You mentioned derailing a thread to your Int score - my Int is only a little above average, but I bet my Wis is derail-worthy.
    Last edited by Xanyo; 2017-01-11 at 08:46 PM.
    Ifrit avatar by linkele

Spoiler: Other Avatars
    Show

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xanyo View Post
    By the way, Red Fel. You mentioned derailing a thread to your Int score - my Int is only a little above average, but I bet my Wis is derail-worthy.
    Step into my interrogation room for a moment.

Are you now, or have you ever been, Shawn Spencer? Has your carefully tousled hair ever been instrumental in catching criminals? How many fingers am I holding up?
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Step into my interrogation room for a moment.

Are you now, or have you ever been, Shawn Spencer? Has your carefully tousled hair ever been instrumental in catching criminals? How many fingers am I holding up?
    Something tells me that investing ~5-8 ranks in Spot/Perception and Sense Motive would get a pretty reasonable facsimile, I'd reckon.

Which also segues back into thinking about skills and which ones and at what point they'd basically be super powers even outside of PF characters taking something like Signature Skill or Master Alchemist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm using the pf version, in order to get autohypnosis and lucid dreaming as class skills.
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Something tells me that investing ~5-8 ranks in Spot/Perception and Sense Motive would get a pretty reasonable facsimile, I'd reckon.
    Oh, Spencer has rubbish Sense Motive. That's kind of his whole thing. He's incredibly good at noting physical details, which the show conveniently highlights with a little glowy border, but it's super easy to lie to or manipulate him.

... Which, come to think of it, somewhat cuts against a high Wis argument for him, doesn't it? Spot/Perception seems more likely, particularly when you factor in all the training flashbacks - which suggest that it's a trained skill, not natural ability. Yeah, I could see "Shawn Spencer's Hair" as basically being a feat that gives you +20 Spot and allows you to take 10 on Spot at any time.

Interrogation retracted.