New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coscarla

1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Coscarla

"And so, if we find such anomalous human tissue - whether similar to what you've shown us or something entirely different - we are to take whatever samples can, and return them to you. For ones we find dead, in the same way as this, the solution is simple. But if we find this kind of anomalous tissue in a living subject, should we attempt to bring them back to you alive? Or are we to just leave them be, to allow further examination of them in a more 'natural' situation?"

2. - Top - End - #32

"This evil is solely of man, at least. As for living subjects, yes, it would be useful to know it's effects in situ."
    Last edited by ribblle; 2017-01-29 at 09:48 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Lucien claps his hands together, with a loud crack, "Well then, if we are satisfied with our interrogation of the esteemed Integrator I think we can be off. Should we arrange for our own lodgings or are there suitable estates at our disposal..." he pauses scrunching his face as if he had bit into an extremely sour fruit, "..in Coscarla hab-stacks?"

While waiting for the answer, he looks towards Detective Quad and Mae, "You two seem in exemplary physical health and athletically inclined, veritable paragons of puissance, be a pair of dears and gather up our equipment would you? Mistress Petal and myself are of a more... delicate disposition and intellectual inclination." his eyes quickly dart between the Assassin and Arbite, as a waxen half smile remains frozen on his face.
    Last edited by TankLaser007; 2017-01-29 at 10:28 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34

"The rest is on you. If there are no more questions, please be off, i want your report by Monday." Sand turns away and the glass slowly begins to tint.

"This mission is a... portent for your future. Remember that."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruce (to Lucian)
    As you wish, but I request you refrain from insulting my intelligence. Finding Villians are half the Job.

(To the Interregator)
    By the Emperor, it shall be done.
    Last edited by Novabomb; 2017-01-29 at 01:16 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36

The Twilight City

You all pile into a rickety rail car, surrounded by sad-faced clerks, grubby back door salesman and others surely looking forward to a trip down hive. Eyes flicker to the rifle protruding from Nihila's backpack, and you sense they'd have shuffled away if there was any room. There soon is.

An hour passes; you switch line after line, and passengers bleed away. An unctuous looking official sidles through the crowd, examines your identification and indiscreetly adds your names to a thick binder. Once he notices the rifle he happily underlines them.

Over the next 2 hours you change yet more rails and into increasingly dilapidated and vandalised cars - your pass tokens and cognomen are oily with the sweat of all the palms that have held them up to the fading light.

You pass from the relatively open spaces and clean air of the government district, down and across whole hive levels, past collapsed finery and the fallen architectural splendours of the “good of olden days” and through vast steel sky vaults filled with endless rows of habstacks and kilometre after kilometre of thunderous
    Spoiler: manufactora.
    Show

The further you go

the more depressed, ill maintained and decayed things become; these are the lower stretches of the mid hive, the outer circle beyond which no transit rails run and no law holds sway. Long stretches of the journey are spent in the stale tainted air of the wormholelike
    Spoiler: tunnels
    Show
    within the Hive’s thick supporting bones and in the nameless black voids of deserted spaces between, the car’s lights flicker and fail regularly.

Alone in a single car, now deserted but for your group, the rattling carriage breaks into another vast and dilapidated habvault and begins to slow. You look out upon a vista of vacant and decayed buildings in a worse state than any that you have seen up until now, stretching beyond sight into a dark horizon beyond.

The rail car shudders to a stop and the doors open onto a wide, raised platform devoid of passengers save for a single huddled figure dressed in rags. The figure quickly
    Spoiler: bundles
    Show
    themselves onboard, flashing a pass to the door mechanism with unseemly haste and takes up a seat as far from your group as possible. Angry yells soon
    Spoiler: follow,
    Show
    and the kid springs into the next carriage. Seconds later a dull, crackling servitor intones:

Coscarla Southern Railhead. Passengers to Coscarla to disembark. This conveyance will depart in…” The rest is lost in a howl of static.

This is Coscarla and you have arrived.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruce as he gets out scans the immediate area.

8. - Top - End - #38

As the doors slide open for you two
    Spoiler: gangers
    Show
    push past, scrambling over seats in pursuit of the kid.

As for the station;

9. - Top - End - #39

The two gangers dash in swinging their ugly haircuts around and into the next carriage in pursuit of the kid. But when they open the door to the next carriage, a figure was sitting in their way.

The Kid was at the other end, but halfway down occupying a seat, one foot occupying the seat oppercent of him: a stranded whale.

wearing a large coat of black and faded filigree, attire fit for a noble perhaps if it didn't look like it had been worn for several generations without a wash.

Almost merging with his torn uniform was his mane, and over his one arm rested a hunting shotgun with the breach open like a real sportsman would

Spoiler: haze glance
    Show
    [IMG][/IMG]

"No... you won't" he said deep, shaking his head slowly imploring the gangers to back off.

He slowly leaned his head back and with a sudden snap his hand was around the shotgun and the breach clicked up into position, the dual hammers ready.

He reached up with his other hand and hoisted himself up on a passenger bar and stood unsteady up, his right leg was shiny with a brace and swayed as if it was a peg leg. with that appearance he looked like the king of beggars.

10. - Top - End - #40

Quote Originally Posted by Checkmate-Pony View Post
    with a sudden snap
    Initiative:

Pony: (1d10+2)[8]

Travolta
    : (1d10+3)[9]

Batter Up
    : (1d10+3)[10]

Point blank Stub Revolvers:
    (1d100)[98] <58
    [roll]1d100[68] <58

This is the most ironic roll i've ever had.

You hear a screech from the left mans gun, while the ganger with the bat drops it and wildly shoots from the hip, shattering a window. You are slightly deafened but unharmed.
    Last edited by ribblle; 2017-01-30 at 11:35 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41

"troglodytes!" He howls amidst the streaming bullets, he lifts his shotgun, and strikes a pose that seems like he's about to fall over on his brace, the shotgun belched so much smoke and noise it might as well have been a musket. Not that Catapec could hear that.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    My first Action is to shoot at one of them, lets say the one that carried bat just now, and then afterwards I will use the remaining action to draw my Autopistol

As for the shot: (1d100)[28] At point blank I need to roll 61

Spoiler: Damage if it hits
    Show
    (1d10+4)[12]

Spoiler: 2nd hit from scatter if nessesary
    Show
    (1d10+4)[11]

Spoiler: a 3rd hit if it somehow happens!
    Show
    (1d10+4)[7]

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Throughout the entire ordeal, Lucien kept fidgeting with his "new" clothes, since they would officially be unofficial he would have to dress as one of the locals. He detested field work almost as much as he hated dealing with people. Yet now, here he was, faced with both. That is if one was to consider those lower hivers to be people. Of course they were of the sacred human stock, a lineage of renown and scions of Terra. Yet biology alone a man did not make. A true man was a some of his know-- wha? Again how many times would they look at these little cards and chips, how tiresome, the only good thing is the longer they went the less packed with sweaty, stinking flesh the cars became.

There had been something else of import he was supposed to remember, ah yes, he was going to apologize to Detective Quad over their misunderstanding, social interactions were so very tiresome, but it seemed a necessary evil.

"Mister Quad, I thought it most prudent that I review with you our most recent exchange, it seems -- fault entirely mine -- that there has been a misunderstanding, resulting not by any deficiency in faculties or lack of comprehension but entirely due to my poorly used verbiage. You see when I mentioned that you and Miss Mae were more powerful examples of the human form I was in no way undermining your other ample attributes, I will have you know as a... well in my vocation I have worked with many who share your occupation and as you rightly noted you are in possession of a sharp and keen intellect. I only intended to highlight the deficiencies present in myself and Miss Petals, not to imply by any means that you or Miss Mae were dullards."

With that out of the way--

There was the sound of gun fire then a thunderous boom, Lucien scurried behind a seat away from the sound of the firefight. Methodically he drew his revolver opened the cylinder, counted the six rounds, the closed it once again intoning the rite of reloading, just to be sure. And crouched behind his makeshift barrier, concealing himself as best hi could.

Spoiler: Concealment vs. 16
    Show

Concealment vs 16 - (1d100)[14]

13. - Top - End - #43

They lie dead at your feet. Whimpering emanates from the back of the carriage.

14. - Top - End - #44

Catapec stood there in the smoke and blood, auto pistol in left and shotgun in the right, he looked furious for a moment, looking at the two bodies. He took a step closer aiming at them. Then he let out a sigh of relief.

He slowly lowered the shotgun and tucked the Auto Pistol into his coat again.

Without a word he lumbered over and picked up one of their revolvers.

He'd turn around and slowly wobble his way back to the end of the train car with a metalic stump each step. He'd sit down on a seat next to the hiding 'kid'

"Are you alright there little lass?"

he rubbed his face and smiled, opening the breach of the shotgun over his knee and putting it to rest beside him

"I didn't actually think they'd be that stupid, S'all the same, I'd shot them in their ends anyway. So what are you doing, why were they after you?"
    He asked as he opened the revolver and inspected it's design and capacity.

15. - Top - End - #45

Slowly getting his breath back, he mumbles "I owed them some protection money. Who, eh, are you? The new gang in town? I like you already."His eyes shift from the fully loaded stub revolver you're cleaning out, to the other which has bounced across the floor. "Could i have that please?" His voice is interestingly shaky, and he looks at the center of your forehead rather then your eyes.

16. - Top - End - #46

"I was going to give it to you as a matter of fact"

He stood up and reached his hand down to pick him up, handing him the revolver he had patting him on the back

"take this and go home, it's dangerous to go alone, I won't always be here to save you"

He wobbled away from him over to loot the bodies of the two scum, for he was petty enough to partake in such things, one item of course being the revolver, the bat however he looked at not to sure.
    Last edited by Checkmate-Pony; 2017-01-30 at 01:42 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47

Slipping the gun in his waistband he hurries away, avoiding the gaze of the others. Those who care to observe watch him break into a run just as you hear the sound of

With experienced if grubby hands Catapec pats the bodies down, coming away with (2d5)[8] thrones, a couple of obscura injectors and 4 clips for the revolver. The ringing in your ears finally gives way to what everyone else has already noticed.

18. - Top - End - #48

"Oh wait, damn I didn't get to introduce myself, that's what I get for being Greedy, reputation is worth more than a few thrones, what was I thinking, I hope the kid puts in a good word for me in town hehe" he mumbled and rumbled to himself as the kid ran away

A smile flashed across his face when he saw the Obscura, he knew how sweet an experience that was. No sooner did he hear the sirens and barked "What!? I barely touched the stuff and you're already here for me?" he started mumbling to himself "Oh no dear Sir, I was just going to sell the illegal drugs for some hard cash, Just an honest Trader"

He got up stuffing it in his coat and continued, adding a pistol and 8 thrones to his possessions before loading a new shell into his shotgun and hobbling to the other train car meeting gaze with the acolytes

His eyes narrowed "Some Heroes you all turned out to be"

He pointed at Lucien:
    "You there! get up and look alive. Well what are you all looking?"
    he spread out his arms addressing the rest of the acolytes "Yes I know who you are and I'm with Sand; I'm late, we can introduce each other later; but if we don't get running, those panzers out there will kick our heads in, So hurry up you skinny runts let's get running... Like, now!"

He waved his arm and rushed out the train car, as fast as his pathetic state could take him.
    Last edited by Checkmate-Pony; 2017-01-30 at 03:05 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Lucien rises from his concealed position between the back wall of the cart and the end of one of the seats.

"Run from the authorities? I will do no such thing." he says indignant his revolver still in hand, its barrel sweeping the entire car as he gesticulates wildly waving his arm to and fro, "I have no idea who you are or who this Sand is but I will tell you we are bonded agents of the Coblast Assay and we are here about our business and authorized to carry arms. Further more we have no part in your knavery so as they say in the lower parlance 'bugger off'"

He then straightens his jacket and holsters his pistol.

20. - Top - End - #50

Who will get to the entrance first? Let's see:

Catapec: (1d10+2)[7]

Arbitrators: (1d10+3)[7]

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Anyone else who's running, beat the arbitrators initiative and you'll get further then Catapec did.
    Last edited by ribblle; 2017-01-30 at 05:18 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51

As Catapec hauls himself over the ticket barriers and bursts through the front doors, a fleet of arbitrator police cars pull up screeching before the cracked glass entrance. Your wide eyes struggle to adjust; your surroundings are picked out by the glaring sirens, rather then the twilight that must pass for the midday sun. "Drop the gun and put your hands behind your head! NOW!" You see Arbite after Arbite reach for their guns, but you also see a promising alleyway just metres away. It's anyone's guess who will act first.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Bruce to Lucian
    Fair enough.

In Response to the action, he takes a position out of the firing line between the Arbites, and Shotgun wielder.

23. - Top - End - #53

"Well, if we're staying..."

Nihila will stand up, make sure her rifle is slung over her shoulder (and currently unloaded) and slowly exit the train.

24. - Top - End - #54

At the first sounds of trouble, Petal had ducked behind Bruce and Lucian. Peeking around Bruce's broader shoulders, she shook her head and whispered to the others. "Is he seriously supposed to be working with us? What's the point of having a cover if you're just going to attract the Arbites' attention the first chance you get?"

She made no attempt to follow Catapec but stayed close to the others, doing her best to appear as harmless as possible. Fortunately, as the only visible weapon was her nondescript staff, she did not expect to stand out with her tattered robes and the equally disreputable jacket they'd all been provided.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Lucien gets near to Bruce, "Master Bruce, might I suggest that you be in charge in speaking to these troopers, we would be ever appreciative of your expertise, and benefit greatly from your experience." He turns to face the others as he runs his hands over his hair in an attempt at improving his appearance, "I think Mister Quad is best equipped to represent us as regards the Arbites, we may be best served by following his lead and allowing him to handle this situation. Let's just remain calm, we are after all, bonded agents and within the bounds of the law. I shant think we will have any worries at all."

26. - Top - End - #56

he looks towards the allyway, wishing to escape, but he can't with that blasted leg of his

He drops his open shotgun and puts his hands behind his head, sitting down on one knee, the braced leg preventing him from bending all the way.

Catapec announces"My good sirs, I was viciously attacked by a gang on my train ride over here; and I rightfully defended myself when fired upon. With them they carried illigal drugs that I most certainly and harmlessly will hand over for destruction at your most tough but fairdiscretion "

"If you will let me slowly reach into my coat I can show you, But I will not lie to you benevolent men of Lex Imperialis, I do carry 2 pistols within my coat, I will fully disarm myself first at your command"

There was no reason to forge a deception or lie to them, if they pieced together the scene of the crime there was nothing to hide for he in truth defended himself and an innocent, as innocent as they get anyways, he regretted nothing; but part of him was furious, for why would the Arbites be here in the first place.

27. - Top - End - #57

"Don't reach for a ****ing thing. You're coming with us." You hear the doors crack open and squint up at the five approaching... enforcers, actually, green cloaks and all, though you've never seen some half so
    Spoiler: well armed.
    Show
    Four fan out into the train station, while a clearly fit trooper pins you,

Search(1d100)[74]<55 vs Concealment (1d100)[28]<3

finds the knife you neglected to mention and throws you bodily into the back of a squadcar.

Taking no chances, the enforcers catch sight of Nihila's rifle and immediately pat the 4 of you down, coming away with

Search (1d100)[18]<55 vs Bruce's Concealment (1d100)[3]<2
    Search (1d100)[51]<35 vs Petal's Concealment (1d100)[38]<7
    Search (1d100)[12]<55 vs Lucien's Concealment (1d100)[13]<6
    Search (1d100)[89]<35 vs Nihila's Concealment (1d100)[47]<7

everything but Nihilia's knife and las pistol, seeing as he was a little - distracted.

A minute later Catapec sees you all meet the same fate, marginally more gently.

*Some time later*

After your short journey you have arrived at the squat, rockcrete pillbox that constitutes the enforcer station. You have been marched past shuttered windows and sterile walls into separate rooms, your licenses checked, mugshots made and false names taken. There is a mirrored glass wall to your right, and you're hands are cuffed to the scuffed wooden table before you. You've had just enough time to notice the small desk drawers when the door begins to swing open.

The interrogation will take place in private messages, please do not share notes, pass go or collect 500.
    Last edited by ribblle; 2017-01-31 at 02:13 PM.