New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Pathfinder] Dreamscarred Press FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Mcduff View Post
    My apologies if these have been answered. My Google searches yielded zip.
    - Time Skitter. During my google search I found Errantx's 3.5 write up of Riven Hourglass. Time Skitter had a du ration of one round. In pathfinder, that might seem a bit low, but initiation mod in rounds seems a bit much for an on demand/no daily limit/no resource expenditure haste. Especially when you're an Inquisitor with a 20 wisdom(5 rounds), a repeating crossbow, and rapid shot. I could see 1 round every 4 levels being reasonable. I open to an argument for why the way it is is ok.
    Not that this really belongs in this thread, but do you find haste reasonable? At least just a few levels from when you can first get haste (which can be before Time Skitter), not to mention in higher levels, it's typically a lot more powerful in a party often making full attacks. Time Skitter is certainly a strong maneuver, especially on a dedicated full attacker (like most ranged weapon wielders tend to be), but I would only rarely take it in most parties, since a caster will give me the same effect for free. In this particular case, considering he's using a xbow and isn't exactly the strongest ranged class, I wouldn't worry. And even though his peak damage might feel a bit high during a level or two, there are plenty of ways for opponents to avoid much of it. Also, keep in mind that at least as long as he's full attacking with his xbow, he won't be able to much besides dealing damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Mcduff View Post
    - Lastly, Telekinetic Maneuver and Solicit Psicrystal. I had a player the that combo with the intent of having his Psicrystal take over concentration so he could do other thing, but with the assumption that he could continue to use the power WHILE he was doing the other things, continuingto let his psicrystal maintain concentration. I'm pretty sure that's not how that works. The way I understand it, you hand over concentration to your psicrystal and you have to take it back to use the power, thereby ending solicit psicrystal. I could see that being useful tactically. Just not in the way he described it.

Thank you!
    AFAICT, the solicit psicrystal effect description remains exactly the same as in 3.5, which does mean your player is correct. It simply means your psicrystal handles the job of concentrating on a certain power and doesn't otherwise affect that power in any way (besides potentially affecting it's maximum duration):

"Your psicrystal takes over the responsibility of maintaining concentration on any single power you have manifested and are concentrating on."

2. - Top - End - #782
    Pixie in the Playground

Question Re: [Pathfinder] Dreamscarred Press FAQ

I'm looking for clarification on how a few Path of War abilities stack. I've heard that errata may change or clarify these at some point but I haven't seen anything that changes the RAW yet.

Powerful Build (Half-Giant racial from Psionics Unleashed) and Primal Warrior Stance (from PoW):
    Do these stack for a total of +3 damage increases from size? If so, that would move a standard Earth breaker (2D6 base) to 6D6, correct? And if someone were foolish enough to cast Enlarge, it would stack and boost the weapon damage to 8D6?

Weapon Group Adaptation feat, Discipline Focus feat, and Broken Blade Discipline (all in PoW):
    1. Does Weapon Group Adaptation allows access to the Broken Blade +2 damage for using a discipline-specific weapon when wielding my gargantuan-equivalent Earth breaker?
    2. Does the above bonus stack with the +2 damage bonus from the Discipline Focus feat? Would either of these be multiplied on a critical hit?
    3. With the above feats, am I then eligible to take and use Steel Flurry Strike while wielding my gargantuan Earth breaker?

If all of the above stacks, Steel Flurry Strike is giving me 3 attacks with my big dumb hammer at 9D6+4 damage, plus strength, power attack, etc. Right?

Thanks!

3. - Top - End - #783
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanPDX View Post
    I'm looking for clarification on how a few Path of War abilities stack. I've heard that errata may change or clarify these at some point but I haven't seen anything that changes the RAW yet.

Powerful Build (Half-Giant racial from Psionics Unleashed) and Primal Warrior Stance (from PoW):
    Do these stack for a total of +3 damage increases from size? If so, that would move a standard Earth breaker (2D6 base) to 6D6, correct? And if someone were foolish enough to cast Enlarge, it would stack and boost the weapon damage to 8D6?

Weapon Group Adaptation feat, Discipline Focus feat, and Broken Blade Discipline (all in PoW):
    1. Does Weapon Group Adaptation allows access to the Broken Blade +2 damage for using a discipline-specific weapon when wielding my gargantuan-equivalent Earth breaker?
    2. Does the above bonus stack with the +2 damage bonus from the Discipline Focus feat? Would either of these be multiplied on a critical hit?
    3. With the above feats, am I then eligible to take and use Steel Flurry Strike while wielding my gargantuan Earth breaker?

If all of the above stacks, Steel Flurry Strike is giving me 3 attacks with my big dumb hammer at 9D6+4 damage, plus strength, power attack, etc. Right?

Thanks!
    Yes, powerful build and stuff stacks. Remember that with Powerful Build you're wielding a Large Earthbreaker, not a medium sized one, however. To note, you can use Expansion and augment it so you get a total of 12d6.
    And yes to all below, but then you'd be tryharding too much to cheese damage imo.
    Or as Gareth once told me when I brought up using Zursvaater's Sentinel boons with Mystic and Elemental flux: "The DM throws a bunch of dice at your face."
    The one and only Tuvarkz across all the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    And then I vanish in a burst of fire and brimstone, because this is my dream sequence, Me damn it, and in my dream sequence, I can teleport.

4. - Top - End - #784

In addition to mentioned cheese, Primal Warrior Stance has been tagged for errata IIRC. My guess is that the revised stance's weapon size increases won't stack with other "virtual" weapon damage size increases (such as from Impact Weapon or Bashing Shield), which is also how the stance has been house ruled in my own game. Note that this in no way makes the stance weak for damage purposes, especially for wielders of anything but unarmed strikes, natural weapons or shields.
    Last edited by upho; 2017-03-01 at 09:11 PM.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ettin in the Playground

Still waiting for answers for these:
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    4 Questions:
    1: If I have maneuvers form two separate sources; say Zealot and Soulknife [War Soul]. Seeing as each maneuver progression uses its own recovery mechanic (i.e., I can't recover Zealot maneuvers with the War Soul recovery and vice versa) and assuming I have the same discipline in both classes (Sleeping Goddess in this case), can I ready the same maneuver once in each class (Ego-Wounding Strike, for instance)?
    2: The Awakened Blade prestige class has the Path of the Warrior class ability that says, in part, "If the character possessed levels in the soulknife, then the awakened blade treats all levels in this class as +1 to existing manifester level with regards to the soulknife's mind blade enhancement bonus". I assume that this supersedes the table for soulknives that enter this class? It'd be weird if a Soulknife [War Soul] 4/Psion 1/Awakened Blade 10 had the mind blade of a 14th level soulknife and the powers of a 9th level psion.
    3: Psionic Augmented: Soulknives (I forget which of the 3 did it) had provisos for a War Soul entering some psionic prestige classes and still advancing their maneuvers. Does the reverse apply? i.e., does a War Soul 5/Landsnecht 10's mind blade have an enhancement bonus of +3 or +7?
    4: What happens if a War Soul take the Discipline Weapons blade skill and chooses unarmed strike? Does his fists get empowered like a Deadly Fist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

6. - Top - End - #786

Still waiting for answers for these:

4 Questions:
    1: If I have maneuvers form two separate sources; say Zealot and Soulknife [War Soul]. Seeing as each maneuver progression uses its own recovery mechanic (i.e., I can't recover Zealot maneuvers with the War Soul recovery and vice versa) and assuming I have the same discipline in both classes (Sleeping Goddess in this case), can I ready the same maneuver once in each class (Ego-Wounding Strike, for instance)?
    2: The Awakened Blade prestige class has the Path of the Warrior class ability that says, in part, "If the character possessed levels in the soulknife, then the awakened blade treats all levels in this class as +1 to existing manifester level with regards to the soulknife's mind blade enhancement bonus". I assume that this supersedes the table for soulknives that enter this class? It'd be weird if a Soulknife [War Soul] 4/Psion 1/Awakened Blade 10 had the mind blade of a 14th level soulknife and the powers of a 9th level psion.
    3: Psionic Augmented: Soulknives (I forget which of the 3 did it) had provisos for a War Soul entering some psionic prestige classes and still advancing their maneuvers. Does the reverse apply? i.e., does a War Soul 5/Landsnecht 10's mind blade have an enhancement bonus of +3 or +7?
    4: What happens if a War Soul take the Discipline Weapons blade skill and chooses unarmed strike? Does his fists get empowered like a Deadly Fist?
    Well, I think I can at least try to answer the first two and the last:
    1: The current RAW provides no clear answer to this. But at least if going by what I presume will be the errata on this and related matters (see for example post 135-143 in this thread), the answer is: "No, you can never learn the same maneuver more than once". On the other hand, for this cross-class interaction to be consistent, this also means maneuvers you have gained through levels in one class should allow you to meet the prerequisites of maneuvers in the same discipline which you gain through levels in another class. (I believe the recovery mechanics have no real bearing on this, since having more than one instance of the same maneuver readied is only possible if you can also learn the same maneuver more than once.)
    2: RAW, yes, that is exactly what the AB feature says it does (my emphasis): "treats all levels in this class as +1 to existing manifester level with regards to...". Note that it does not say: "treats all levels in this class as if levels gained in the soulknife class with regards to.." or similar, which would've meant for the soulknife's normal progression table is followed.
    4: Yes, since Discipline Weapons says: "While in the shape of a discipline weapon, the mind blade functions exactly like that weapon and gains the weapons damage, damage type, special properties (such as brace or reach), and critical range and multiplier for a weapon sized appropriately for the war soul." Though note that this of course does not mean his "discipline unarmed mind strike"(?) will gain any of the unique qualities a Deadly Fist's Empowered Strikes gain (1d6 medium base damage die, changeable damage types) but which an unarmed strike normally doesn't have, nor does it grant Improved Unarmed Strike which is typically required to fight effectively with unarmed strikes. It would however for example also be impossible to give his "discipline unarmed mind strike" the broken condition, just as in the case of Empowered Strikes.

Hope this helps!

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by upho View Post
    Well, I think I can at least try to answer the first two and the last:
    1: The current RAW provides no clear answer to this. But at least if going by what I presume will be the errata on this and related matters (see for example post 135-143 in this thread), the answer is: "No, you can never learn the same maneuver more than once". On the other hand, for this cross-class interaction to be consistent, this also means maneuvers you have gained through levels in one class should allow you to meet the prerequisites of maneuvers in the same discipline which you gain through levels in another class. (I believe the recovery mechanics have no real bearing on this, since having more than one instance of the same maneuver readied is only possible if you can also learn the same maneuver more than once.)
    2: RAW, yes, that is exactly what the AB feature says it does (my emphasis): "treats all levels in this class as +1 to existing manifester level with regards to...". Note that it does not say: "treats all levels in this class as if levels gained in the soulknife class with regards to.." or similar, which would've meant for the soulknife's normal progression table is followed.
    4: Yes, since Discipline Weapons says: "While in the shape of a discipline weapon, the mind blade functions exactly like that weapon and gains the weapons damage, damage type, special properties (such as brace or reach), and critical range and multiplier for a weapon sized appropriately for the war soul." Though note that this of course does not mean his "discipline unarmed mind strike"(?) will gain any of the unique qualities a Deadly Fist's Empowered Strikes gain (1d6 medium base damage die, changeable damage types) but which an unarmed strike normally doesn't have, nor does it grant Improved Unarmed Strike which is typically required to fight effectively with unarmed strikes. It would however for example also be impossible to give his "discipline unarmed mind strike" the broken condition, just as in the case of Empowered Strikes.

Hope this helps!
    Yes, it does. One last question: What maneuvers can you initiate when grappled? The Systems and Use says "...if you are pinned or grappled, most maneuvers simply won't work until you are able to move freely", so obviously some maneuvers can be used. Also, so you specified "pinned or grappled", are some maneuvers able to be used while grappled, but not pinned? I'm not asking for a whitelist or anything, but some guideline would be appreciated. I mean, full-round action maneuvers seem obvious, but what about one with standard action ones? Is it just strikes that are unavailable, or are boosts and counters blocked too. Give us something!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

8. - Top - End - #788
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Yes, it does. One last question: What maneuvers can you initiate when grappled? The Systems and Use says "...if you are pinned or grappled, most maneuvers simply won't work until you are able to move freely", so obviously some maneuvers can be used. Also, so you specified "pinned or grappled", are some maneuvers able to be used while grappled, but not pinned? I'm not asking for a whitelist or anything, but some guideline would be appreciated. I mean, full-round action maneuvers seem obvious, but what about one with standard action ones? Is it just strikes that are unavailable, or are boosts and counters blocked too. Give us something!
    I expect that only refers to maneuvers that intrinsically involve movement, such as the more acrobatic maneuvers from Thashing Dragon and Mithral Current. Teleportation (such as Veiled Moon maneuvers), though, is not likely to be blocked.
    Extended Signature

Words of Wisdom from other Playgrounders:
    Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Like your own little harem of jealous wearable anime girls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterkerfuffle View Post
    I've seen horsemancers absolutely shred campaigns.

9. - Top - End - #789

Planetar

Also the ones where you need to be wielding weapons you can't use in a grapple.

10. - Top - End - #790

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaxenomorph View Post
    Also the ones where you need to be wielding weapons you can't use in a grapple.
    Why not? You can attack with light or one-handed weapons in a grapple just fine normally.

11. - Top - End - #791

Planetar

Now that I look at it, even Piercing Thunder could theoretically be used by using a light piercing weapon.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Barbarian in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by legomaster00156 View Post
    I expect that only refers to maneuvers that intrinsically involve movement, such as the more acrobatic maneuvers from Thashing Dragon and Mithral Current. Teleportation (such as Veiled Moon maneuvers), though, is not likely to be blocked.
    I was under the impression that not a single maneuver could work. That's the way it is treated at my table.

most maneuvers simply won't work until you are able to move freely
    We were thinkin' that movement refered to be able to move your body due bein' grappled. So you can make maneuvers as long as you can attack with the weapon? (Mostly one-handed or light weapons)
    But the strong man is stronger when alone.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fenryr View Post
    I was under the impression that not a single maneuver could work. That's the way it is treated at my table.

We were thinkin' that movement refered to be able to move your body due bein' grappled. So you can make maneuvers as long as you can attack with the weapon? (Mostly one-handed or light weapons)
    I'm pretty sure the devs answered this one "Yes to most maneuvers while grappled, none while pinned." It'd take a while for me to search it around again, though.
    And then I vanish in a burst of fire and brimstone, because this is my dream sequence, Me damn it, and in my dream sequence, I can teleport.

14. - Top - End - #794

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvarkz View Post
    I'm pretty sure the devs answered this one "Yes to most maneuvers while grappled, none while pinned." It'd take a while for me to search it around again, though.
    I would be very grateful. Or if you remember who said it and on what site to search as well.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fenryr View Post
    I would be very grateful. Or if you remember who said it and on what site to search as well.
    http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/44124715/#44133440
    Found it.

16. - Top - End - #796

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvarkz View Post
    Thanks a lot!

17. - Top - End - #797
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Q: Autohypnosis:Resist Dying lists a DC15 check in place of the normal DC10 Con check to stabilize. Does this check still take the penalty to the check of however much you're below 0hp that the Con check does, or is it a flat DC15?

18. - Top - End - #798
    Pixie in the Playground

Akashic Mysteries:
    Q: Page 49 in Akashic Mysteries under Essence Capacity. The text mentions character level, the table class level. Which one is true? This is relevant for multiclassing.

19. - Top - End - #799

PirateGuy

Akashic Mysteries:
    Q: I know it is based on magic of incarnum, and incarnum had the reputation of being great for multiclassing, a little dip could do amazing things. Is this also the case for this pathfinder version? Im planning a unarmed character with some Steelfist commando levels and thought the girallion arms from incarnum would be great. Is that still in?
    just wanted to know stuff like that before i buy the book, what do you guys think are the best reasons to get the book?
    Quote Originally Posted by Orderic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swaoeaeieu
    Or maybe, i dont know... adoption?
    Don't be ridiculous. We need those orphans...
    If at any point you notice mistakes in my English, please let me know, I am always looking to improve.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Okay this might be stupid but ...
    Path of War :
    Q: What is the maximum maneuver level for Awakened Blade that entered through Pathwalker class ? Since Pathwalker has different table than normal one, does it mean that for example, Pathwalker 6/Awakened blade 2 can choose lvl 3 maneuver (as Pathwalker table) or lvl 4 maneuver(as normal initiator table) ?

This is somehow confusing, since AB doesn't "advance" Initiator class (like it is a case of Psionics or Spellcasting for other prestige classes), but rather grant maneuvers/stances on it's own accord and since Pathwalker grants Full Initiator levels, that means we should use normal table for initiator level 8 ? It feels weird and maybe a bit overpowered, since Pathwalker 10/AB 10 can get level 9 maneuvers ?

Since we are on this topic :
    Q: What is the maximum maneuver level for Pathwalker gaining maneuvers with Advanced Study feat, as in Pathwalker table or as normal initiator table ?

21. - Top - End - #801
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Raihen View Post
    Okay this might be stupid but ...
    Path of War :
    Q: What is the maximum maneuver level for Awakened Blade that entered through Pathwalker class ? Since Pathwalker has different table than normal one, does it mean that for example, Pathwalker 6/Awakened blade 2 can choose lvl 3 maneuver (as Pathwalker table) or lvl 4 maneuver(as normal initiator table) ?

This is somehow confusing, since AB doesn't "advance" Initiator class (like it is a case of Psionics or Spellcasting for other prestige classes), but rather grant maneuvers/stances on it's own accord and since Pathwalker grants Full Initiator levels, that means we should use normal table for initiator level 8 ? It feels weird and maybe a bit overpowered, since Pathwalker 10/AB 10 can get level 9 maneuvers ?

Since we are on this topic :
    Q: What is the maximum maneuver level for Pathwalker gaining maneuvers with Advanced Study feat, as in Pathwalker table or as normal initiator table ?
    9th and 9th. Prestige classes and advanced study allow you to bypass the limiter on maneuver levels.

22. - Top - End - #802

Does the Bladecaster's battlecaster's strike work more or less like a magus's spell combat? Specifically I'm wondering if it requires a free hand to use and follows the same rules for critical hits, obviously the actions required are different.

23. - Top - End - #803
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler: Awakened Blade: Path of the Warrior
    Show
    Path of the Warrior

The awakened blade’s trip along the Path of War is one of constant devotion, and for those with a focused aptitude in the field of war with the psionic arts, their discipline is rewarded.

If the character possesses levels in psychic warrior, then he adds his class level to his psychic warrior level for the purposes of determining the trance and maneuver abilities of his path abilities. If the character possessed levels in the soulknife base class, then the awakened blade counts all levels in this class as +1 to existing manifester level with regards to a soulknife’s mind blade enhancement bonus.

1.Does a Soulknife need to be at least 3rd level where he gains the Enhanced Mindlade class feature to take advantage of the AB Path of the Warrior class feature? Or is one level of Soulknife sufficient?

2. Similary does a PsyWarrior need to be at least 3rd level where he gains the
    Spoiler: Expanded Path
    Show
    Expanded Path

At 3rd level, the psychic warrior expands his understanding of his chosen path. From this point on, he can use the Trance and Maneuver associated with his chosen path.
    class feature to take advantage of the AB Path of the Warrior class feature? Or is one level of PsyWarrion sufficient?

3.For a multiclassed character with one level of Soulknife and one level of PsyWarrior and 5 levels of AB, will AB's Path of the Warrior progressBOTH abilities so that the character has a Mindblade AND the Trance and Manuevers =to 6th level Soulknife and 6th level PsyWarrior?

24. - Top - End - #804
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Althrion View Post
    Akashic Mysteries:
    Q: Page 49 in Akashic Mysteries under Essence Capacity. The text mentions character level, the table class level. Which one is true? This is relevant for multiclassing.
    Character level is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaoeaeieu View Post
    Akashic Mysteries:
    Q: I know it is based on magic of incarnum, and incarnum had the reputation of being great for multiclassing, a little dip could do amazing things. Is this also the case for this pathfinder version? Im planning a unarmed character with some Steelfist commando levels and thought the girallion arms from incarnum would be great. Is that still in?
    just wanted to know stuff like that before i buy the book, what do you guys think are the best reasons to get the book?
    Akashic Mysteries is extremely favorable for multiclassing or otherwise dipping into the system if that's what you want to do. It does not contain any of the soulmelds from MoI, but they're fairly easy to convert to the new akashic veil system if you want (I do).
    Professional 3pp reviewer Endzeitgeist did a pretty thorough review of Akashic Mysteries if you'd like to check that out.

25. - Top - End - #805
    Pixie in the Playground

Apologies if these have been answered before, but I couldn't find them in the summary.

I'm rolling up a Gunsmoke Mystic, and I have a few questions:

1. How do scatter weapons (shotgun, blunderbuss, dragon pistol, etc.) interact with a maneuver? If I use a standard action maneuver, do the bonus effects apply to all targets struck by the scatter? For instance, let's say I use Dustcatching Breeze - would that allow me to do an extra 2d6 damage to every critter in the area and require that I roll sleight of hand against CMD against each of them for a dirty trick attempt?

2. How does Extra Granted Maneuver work? Do I get the standard two maneuvers that I choose, and then one granted maneuver of my choice each time my maneuvers refresh, or does it add to the base two granted maneuvers, including those that I get out of combat?

3. I'm considering going Animus Adept because those glyphs look amazing. How does learning maneuvers interact with a prestige class like this? Do I solely gain maneuvers when the class tells me to, or do I also get to swap out maneuvers on even levels as the base classes do (for instance, swap out a maneuver at Mystic 5/AA 1, because total initiator level is 6, and a Mystic would swap out a maneuver at 6)? Is it reasonable to discuss with my GM about keeping the maneuver progression the same as the base Mystic in order to avoid having to figure out all the details, or is any restriction on maneuvers gained part of the balance of the prestige class?

3b. Does the Mass Martial Glyphs ability cost one animus or one animus/ally?

4. Does the +2 DC bonus for using the correct type of weapon with a maneuver apply to saving throws forced by stances, such as the Water effect from the Elemental Nimbus stance?

5. How does the feat Discipline Mastery work? Does it apply to all disciplines that you have access to, or is one discipline (and associated skill) chosen when the feat is taken?
    Last edited by DirkTheAverage; 2017-03-08 at 04:01 AM.

26. - Top - End - #806

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    Akashic Mysteries is extremely favorable for multiclassing or otherwise dipping into the system if that's what you want to do. It does not contain any of the soulmelds from MoI, but they're fairly easy to convert to the new akashic veil system if you want (I do).
    Professional 3pp reviewer Endzeitgeist did a pretty thorough review of Akashic Mysteries if you'd like to check that out.
    i read the review, quite excited now, just bought the pdf, gonna read it and explore!
    Last edited by Swaoeaeieu; 2017-03-08 at 09:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orderic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swaoeaeieu
    Or maybe, i dont know... adoption?
    Don't be ridiculous. We need those orphans...
    If at any point you notice mistakes in my English, please let me know, I am always looking to improve.

27. - Top - End - #807
    Dwarf in the Playground

Concerning the Gambler archetype for the Kineticist in Psionics Augmented: Kineticist:

The two wagers Double or Nothing and Raise the Stakes can be used together because Double or Nothing is a free action, unlike what normal wagers are (swifts). Double or Nothing forces critical threats on a hit. Raise the Stakes allows you to manifest powers that discharge on hit with the kinetic blast, but, when used with rays/touch spells, reads "A power that normally requires an attack roll (such as a ray or touch power) uses the gambler's blast's attack roll to determine whether or not it hits or critically hits."

Does this mean that if I activate a Kinetic Blast with both of these wagers, the power criticals along with the kinetic blast? Or does it not because the attack roll is not naturally a critical, even though Double or Nothing causes a critical on hit?
    Last edited by AncientSpark; 2017-03-08 at 11:20 PM.

28. - Top - End - #808
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AncientSpark View Post
    Concerning the Gambler archetype for the Kineticist in Psionics Augmented: Kineticist:

The two wagers Double or Nothing and Raise the Stakes can be used together because Double or Nothing is a free action, unlike what normal wagers are (swifts). Double or Nothing forces critical threats on a hit. Raise the Stakes allows you to manifest powers that discharge on hit with the kinetic blast, but, when used with rays/touch spells, reads "A power that normally requires an attack roll (such as a ray or touch power) uses the gambler's blast's attack roll to determine whether or not it hits or critically hits."

Does this mean that if I activate a Kinetic Blast with both of these wagers, the power criticals along with the kinetic blast? Or does it not because the attack roll is not naturally a critical, even though Double or Nothing causes a critical on hit?
    The power criticals along the blast, unless stuff changed from when I asked.

29. - Top - End - #809
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

i read the review, quite excited now, just bought the pdf, gonna read it and explore!
    Call me biased, but I can definitely vouch for how cool akashic mysteries turned out. There is a lot of depth in that book and some very fun combos you can pull off.

30. - Top - End - #810

AM is one of the best books ever written for PF, and probably the best book in terms of the PC options, in my (somewhat less biased) opinion. Every group playing PF should get it. I really mean that, it's honestly that great.