New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

out of context
    http://
    upload html free
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

2. - Top - End - #482
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

Alright, character's up - tell me your thoughts!

Togari
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 5' 11 (6' 7" with horns included)
    Weight: 280 lbs
    Species: Oni/Ogre
    Station: Galactic wanderer expelled from the Other World.
    Description
    Spoiler
    Show
    Togari, being an oni, has rich blue skin and the same colored eyes. Togari is a stocky ogre, large and intimidating in form - his massive horns jut from the back of his head. He has black hair kept in a neat bun and a short mustache and beard. His physique is incredibly muscular, covered by a thin layer of fat and skin.
    He wears a bright red martial arts uniform - a traditional gi top and short athletic shorts for the bottom, with the letters HFIL written in bold on the back of his top. He wears bright red boots with black laces that go up his bulky calves, finishing his ensemble.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show
    Despite his intimidating physique, Togari is a calm man. He is in a constant battle to overcome his vices, pride and laziness, by acting with humility and working with diligence. Thus, his personality more-or-less revolves around those axes - he tries to act humble and respectful to other, but carries unspoken envy for mortal races. He strives for unending determination, but ultimately has trouble working over long periods of time without giving up. He is calm and confident in manner, warm and compassionate to speak to, but oftentimes slow to act and indecisive. His compassion and indecisiveness make him a less effective fighter, though he would never admit it.

History
    Spoiler
    Show
    Originally a bureaucrat of HFIL, like most of his kind, Togari grew disdainful of his position. Unlike the freedom that he saw in mortal society, when he looked down, celestial bureaucracy was seemingly preordained and almost entirely arbitrary. In addition, he felt powerless in his position - King Yenma, his people's leader, never left his desk and many mortals and demons that filtered through the otherworld were leagues ahead of the ogres. So, he left his job to travel the planes of the otherworld, and he found them equally lacking - the kais were petulant and entirely outclassed by the mortal warriors they trained, the god of destruction was impossibly powerful but a sociopathic manchild, and the Supreme kais were powerless to help or hurt their own creations.
    How could the kais, divinely born and ordained to lead the universe, be so weak? This question haunted Togari for years - he could not rationalize a universe that allowed such weakness to rule uncontested - how could mortal races have such potential for knowledge, power, and compassion, but have no say in their own governance?
    From here, Togari studied. He studied for years, imitating the martial arts that he saw kais and HFIL inmates practice, studying magic from the magicians of Snake Way, and increasing his own power in secret. One day, he spoke against Yenma's system of power, the system of the Kais, and the layout of the universe, and was immediately expelled from the Other World. Now, he travels the universe, looking to aid mortals and re-enter the otherworld, to transform it for good.

Abilities
    PL: 40,000
    Full-Aura Charged: 55,000
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a member of a celestial species, and an incredibly powerful martial artist, Togari utilizes a potent combination of body, ki, and magical abilities.

Martial Arts: His focus. He specializes in defensive grappling, at which he is an expert - throws, takedowns, joint locks, and dangerous strikes are all under his purview.
    Magic: The domains of the Other World offer many opportunities to train in magic - Togari, throughout his many years, has learned some abilities.
    • Magic Materialization - the ability to create matter out of thin air. He can materialize objects smaller than buildings.
    • Magic Healing - the ability to heal living beings back from grievous injuries.

Ki: After years of training, Togari is adept at using his own ki. However, he has extreme trouble in manifestation - for that reason, he cannot channel ki blasts or use visible ki. But, he still has several ki techniques.
    • Flight - What it says on the tin, the ability to fly through
    • Kiai Explosion- His inability to channel ki does not leave him without an equivalent blast power. Through the Kiai Explosion, Togari can conjure an explosion at a location outside of his body, creating an unseen and potent blast.
    • Aura Charging - While he cannot channel ki to specific parts of his body, through intense concentration he can charge his aura and power up his techniques and martial arts abilities.
    • Explosive Wave - After charging his aura, he can release it in an explosive blast around him powerful enough to deflect ki blasts and repel enemies.

Last edited by Fine Dining Set; 2017-03-20 at 02:33 PM.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

It checks out. I think him and Tarasai will get along well, once he gets past Tarasai being a shin and former apprentice to the Supreme Kai.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    It won't work.. Corsairs have their own sense of honor.. and they won't likely go against the empire to commit a suicide
    Yeah, but it would have been nice to have him explicitly deny it outright. Besides, it wouldn't have been a suicide at the time I posted it.

BTW, what are your plans for the battle between Vodkana and Blizzan? I don't want to step on your toes.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #485
    Titan in the Playground

Raziere-Ok. I am with you. Sorry, just ideas keep popping in my mind.
    But aren't our team to weak to go against Hailing? Or we are planning on time skip?

Dinning Set- Great character! Also I think you might enjoy encounters with the Cross Clan Namekians. (Made up clan of 'vampire" god hunters).

Hawkflight-

I think Raziere already told it... no major plans, just playing along. I am not a GM here, so no worries.
    I didn't planned Vodkana to do such a grave horrible mistake.. (again) but I played along, mostly because it's a good roleplay for her.

about Piradroid ignroing Starlight- I apologize, I have only 2 excuses-
    first, I'v missed that she has spoken to him.... and then I think other already replied to it, as it is.
    Second- Raziere said that we should wrap Talsagia-Arc, so I hurried...
    if you wish, I can edit that, the hamster answering Starlight...

I'm waiting on Apfel's response to Jalo's actions...

------
    My previouse Avater

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

Raziere-Ok. I am with you. Sorry, just ideas keep popping in my mind.
    But aren't our team to weak to go against Hailing? Or we are planning on time skip?
    If I remember, there is supposed to be a one year time skip between now and the Hailing Arc, according to Ing. Which I think makes sense- we are too weak right now, if our range is Saiyan-Ginyu Saga levels as they are now, then we have no business fighting anything resembling Freeza, who has a range all of his own.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Titan in the Playground

Of course, there could be sudden discovered super modes...

------
    My previouse Avater

8. - Top - End - #488
    Titan in the Playground

Of course, there could be sudden discovered super modes...
    You misunderstand.

We will need the super forms for the later parts of the fight. As in, we both need the training AND the super forms discovered then to face a foe of that caliber. Every form of Freeza is a completely different tier of power that far surpasses the previous.

To get an idea what I'm talking about:

say that Android 23 got her super mode of x50 power up right now, at her 32,000 PL. her PL after that would be 1.5 million. Say she fought Freeza, whose second form is 1 million. and fights relatively evenly. until Freeza goes into third form, 23 like Piccolo before her would get utterly trounced. Assuming she survives, Freeza goes fourth form and his power level rises to 60 million. As in, Final form freeza would be 40 times more powerful than her and defeat her without any effort and that isn't even him at 100%. 100% Freeza is 120 million.

Ginyu PL in comparison? 120,000 PL. Yup. Freeza is literally one thousand times more powerful than the second most powerful fighter he has.

Even if we all got our super forms right now, it still wouldn't be enough cut it. Goku had to start at 3 million PL in order to beat Freeza. that is how much Freeza is in a league of his own. Its not just that he is stronger than Captain Ginyu, its that you could gather together hundreds of Captain Ginyu's together and still not match him. and even if you gathered one thousand Captain Ginyus to face him, he could simply blow up the planet they are on.

Freeza is a scale of his own. the 1-100 million range is populated entirely and solely by him, whatever Z-Fighter managed to get enough power ups throughout the Namek Saga to scrape the surface of that (AKA Piccolo and no one else), and beginner Super Saiyans.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Titan in the Playground

Humm. I see.then we need some awesome Sensei. Maybe Tarasai?
    Shanakhan could be a good sensei as well- he has a senseish wisdom+his fate reading is ideal for a teacher. Sensei doesn't have to be STRONGER- Even at Dragon Ball Super Roshi has what to teach Goku... (maybe he could use his evil sealing on him... never mind)

as for Vodkana I am conflicted if she should train just likw thw others or find her own sensei. (possibly her mother(?)

------
    My previouse Avater

10. - Top - End - #490
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Dinning Set- Great character! Also I think you might enjoy encounters with the Cross Clan Namekians. (Made up clan of 'vampire" god hunters).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    It checks out. I think him and Tarasai will get along well, once he gets past Tarasai being a shin and former apprentice to the Supreme Kai.
    Thanks for the feedback! If I may ask, how should I join, now that I have a character? Should I interact with Tarasai or the Cross-Clan Namekians, or join an already-existing plot?

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm ... the thing is, each character has their own way of achieving a "super mode". For 23 and 22, it's perfecting their next-level cosplays (or am I mistaken?). For Starlight, it's an Equestrian McGuffin and mastering the magic of friendship. For the arcosians, it's unlocking their final forms. And I don't want to just skip over those, I would prefer to give them the time and attention they deserve, since it's such a huge moment of their personal stories.

Hawkflight- I think Raziere already told it... no major plans, just playing along. I am not a GM here, so no worries.
    I didn't planned Vodkana to do such a grave horrible mistake.. (again) but I played along, mostly because it's a good roleplay for her.

about Piradroid ignroing Starlight- I apologize, I have only 2 excuses-
    first, I'v missed that she has spoken to him.... and then I think other already replied to it, as it is.
    Second- Raziere said that we should wrap Talsagia-Arc, so I hurried...
    if you wish, I can edit that, the hamster answering Starlight...
    No worries, I already had Starlight react and move on to the battle.

Also, speaking of the NXC, did you still want to use those Namekian children? What are your plans for them? I can go a couple of different ways with that.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

12. - Top - End - #492
    Colossus in the Playground

The stuff with Hailing suddenly intruding on Zorbab's spying is supposed to result in him finding Earth. I imagine he'll quite enjoy it there and engage in some evil shenanigans intended to both establish his character a bit more. Though he doesn't know about the dragonballs, it would be very difficult to get to Earth without his forces knowing about it, meaning it's only a matter of time.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

I plan on the androids achieving Enlightened Human form rather than exclusively cosplay forms actually.

I might have Masala's Super Forms be exclusively Cosplay though. Mostly because the Majin super forms are boring and don't fit well with her character.

Shanakan's super Forms will be esoteric, weird and require thought to make work.

Luxana has already achieved her Super form of Sun Warrior Form, y'know, golden sun armor and spear? the arc where she defend the earth from those cultists? I haven't been mentioning it, because that means she is technically stronger than Apfel and Ing has talking about Apfel being the 3rd strongest behind Hailing and Beerus in the galaxy or something, and I didn't want to burst his bubble and be rude and whatnot, especially when Luxana is pretty much being kept on Earth, mostly for avoiding culture shock in space reasons and being a mother who has to protect Astralys and the Earth with her almighty power.

14. - Top - End - #494

I have it in mind that while Apfel will have a power-up in time for the confrontation with Hailing, he won't have a super form until the next arc. I imagined his Super forms would be unique to his bloodline, given that one of his ancestors is an eldritch abomination that is the source of his psychic power.

I also imagine him dying during the battle against Hailing, and part of his arc involving training in the otherworld.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Titan in the Playground

Dinning Set- Where ever you want. Just letting you know that the Cross Clan are quite evil. And there are three family branches at threw from the four galaxies.

Hawflight- Well, we kind of abandoned the Equestrian storyline, so honestly.. I don't have anything specific for them... they can serve any neex of the plot. right now beside Clarin's brothers I have two intresting(?) Cross Namekians....

Sensei doesn't neccarily will trigger Super Forms.. but he will give imlortant pointers. But... that a reason why I am considering sending Vodkana to her mother.

About Sun Godess form- I think it balanced by being a dangerouse form. If she will use it on earth- everyone will burn to death, probably...
    anyway such things could be excused because she isn't famouse on galactic scale.
    That is my excuse for Trombone- his very existence and hia offsprings is a secret.. so they doesn't count.

No prob, Ing... I'll write a reply soon.

Just a silly request- sometime, maybe during the battle against Hailing I would like to give Vodkana a good reason to destroy planet- maybe a "death star" or the planet of Cooler's style... we don't have to do it of course.

edit- maybe death of Vodkana and being sent to Hell could trigger the Solitus saga?
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2017-03-21 at 06:01 PM.

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

Hawflight- Well, we kind of abandoned the Equestrian storyline, so honestly.. I don't have anything specific for them... they can serve any neex of the plot.
    Well, we could conclude their arc in the timeskip, if you like? Encounter them in Equestria while Vodkana is visiting, along with whomever would like to come?

Just a silly request- sometime, maybe during the battle against Hailing I would like to give Vodkana a good reason to destroy planet- maybe a "death star" or the planet of Cooler's style... we don't have to do it of course.
    Could be fun.

edit- maybe death of Vodkana and being sent to Hell could trigger the Solitus saga?
    Just expect Starlight to be highly distraught.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

17. - Top - End - #497
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm.. I am not sure what exactly to do with them.. maybe to wait for Trombone's Saga? But sure... they are supposed to be deadly to gods...
    Also Steam Punk... maybe we'l find for him a good use someday...

----

I am not sure about the death of Vodkana, but I'v got a feeling that a battle against Hailing should have a price.

And, well beside Spoon who will atempt to get a spot of Right Hand of Solitus, I thought it would be intresting to have an opposition for Solituis in Hell.

B/S- sorry. I hope to reply tommorow.

------
    My previouse Avater

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm.. I am not sure what exactly to do with them.. maybe to wait for Trombone's Saga? But sure... they are supposed to be deadly to gods...
    Also Steam Punk... maybe we'l find for him a good use someday...
    Actually, if you're interested, I have an idea about that. They could be the foe that unlocks Starlight's super form.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

Eeeeeeeeeh.

I'm not sure how compatible some of those ideas are with what I have planned, especially when Androids will going full Hopes and Dreams on Hailing? their super transformations can't be triggered by anger and loss of Vodkana or Apfel, they're too positive. Super Saiyans can be triggered that way, but that is because they are a bunch of warrior berserkers who harness their rage to overpower their foes. But humans? Cosplay of the final boss of one of the idealistic games ever? nope. I'll have to figure out how to balance such sadness and loss with the positive emotions these things are supposed to be triggered by.

while Solitus Arc doesn't really need a trigger- Solitus is the driving force behind it all. He doesn't need a reason to attack heaven other than his own all-consuming ego and his newfound obsession with somehow getting even with Oxyribo. Who he will continue to obsess over even though Oxyribo isn't here, probably won't be in the arc at all and will probably be defeated by someone whom he doesn't consider anywhere near his idea of egomaniacal perfection- a fitting way for the arc to play out. Solitus will basically be after an ideal that can't be achieved and a fighter thats no longer around. So, its still perfectly thematic for his character. The real problem I see is figuring out how to do the arc in a way so that Solitus has time to actually be on the throne and try to run things according to his whims instead of just being an attack that the RA responds immediately to and foils before he can get anywhere. Because the real fun of Solitus is him making his insane speeches of how everything revolves around him he has more opportunity to do that if he has a measure of success and tries to do things like use the resources of the Spirit World to find Oxyribo to mishandle people in heaven that are angry that the oni who usually do this or that Heavenly Service aren't around and such and so on. Y'know show how he would actually try to rule Heaven in the short time he will have.

20. - Top - End - #500

I'm not dead-set on Apfel's death, no pun intended, the only thing i'm certain of is that Apfel will not transform until after the Hailing arc. Still, I would like to see him learn to use his psychic powers actively rather than just passively.

Also, for some reason i'm interested in a romance between Artic and Flake.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ogre in the Playground

That makes me wonder ... what are y'all's top ships this game?
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-03-21 at 09:06 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

.........o_0 Man, Flake, when did you get so popular? Vodkana now Artic? Whose next? Now I'm wondering if Flake was some girl back in school who didn't realize that everyone was interested in her because she was so focused on her studies. Ok, you can try, but I'm not going to lift a finger to prevent any love-triangle conflicts from breaking out with Vodkana. Nor are the Androids going to help with the issues if they show up. They will just be eating popcorn and being thankful that they have a stable relationship.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ogre in the Playground

.........o_0 Man, Flake, when did you get so popular? Vodkana now Artic? Whose next? Now I'm wondering if Flake was some girl back in school who didn't realize that everyone was interested in her because she was so focused on her studies. Ok, you can try, but I'm not going to lift a finger to prevent any love-triangle conflicts from breaking out with Vodkana. Nor are the Androids going to help with the issues if they show up. They will just be eating popcorn and being thankful that they have a stable relationship.
    I know who I ship Starlight with, let's hope it doesn't become a love quadrangle. ;P
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

24. - Top - End - #504
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    I know who I ship Starlight with, let's hope it doesn't become a love quadrangle. ;P
    Not a love Parallelogram? In any case, hello. I've been reading through the most recent in character thread because...someone in discord mentioned the Ballad of Edgardo. Which got a few people curious about forum roleplays, and someone linked this RP in particular. So I've been reading along in the current thread to get caught up and get an idea of not only what's going on, but how things are being resolved.

And I have to say it's refreshing to see people working together to bring a storyline into being instead of just trying to kill each others characters to prove who the strongest is or what have you.

Anyway, I was thinking that I would like to join in on this and, if no one objects, bring in a character from a different dbz rp and edit them down to being more reasonable for what's going on here. And yes, that would involve time shenanigans, but along the lines of 'his universe finally gave up on existing while he was in transit with a jury rigged modification to his ship's FTL drive'.

Spoiler: rambling and context
    Show
    To give that some more context, I made this character originally for one Forum RP, then that one died in a horrible gas fire of terribleness. Then another forum RP was like 'come on over here, it's all good'. And that also turned out to not be so true. But having already done a lot of posting for that one, when someone from that one said 'I'll make my own and it will be better' I was allowed to import the character on over. It was during that process that the admin for the third RP in this conga line of gas fires told me that it was a thousand years in the future of the previous time line, but that time had been compacted and crazy shenanigans had happened in the intervening time, so that the end result was that the Earth my character would be showing up on was going to be a few decades behind in technology but also mismashed with npcs who were explosively higher in power level and basically used this same idea to explain why the setting was the same but different. So as far as I'm concerned, that entire timeline probably just gave up on existing, with it's time tendons having been stretched and broken with all the bending going on and the universe in question looking at the tattered remains that used to be it's legs of history and going 'no, If I cannot run, if I cannot sprint, I choose to end my life!'. Anyway, with regards to the character I have in mind, he would have been on a jank ship that he won in a fight and proceeded to modify the engine of to try and skip around the universe as a means of FTL instead of through the universe...and while he was outside the universe, his killed itself. So his ship blows it's fuel supply chugging to the nearest safe timeline.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

So, three questions. First, after watching Fall of the Crystal Empire, I was thinking of having Starlight copy Blizzan's weapon-summoning power and using it for herself. Would that be okay, or would that be stepping on any toes? I figure it's justifiable, since Goku and Twilight can both seem to copy pretty much any move after seeing it once.

Second, has DBZ:S given us any rules about the same person existing between universes? Like, the Goku of Universe 7 vs the Goku of Universe 6? I haven't seen it yet, as I'm waiting for the English dub. (As an aside, this will determine whether I decide the "canon" Equestria was from Universe 6, or if the one in Universe 13 is the canon one.)

Third, I was thinking of having Doctor Whooves try and round up everyone on Earth who comes from either a different timeline or future and unite them under one organization, with the purpose of ensuring that everything that happened can and will happen by making sure that any "future shenanigans" either come from Universe 7/6 or form a stable time loop. They wouldn't be beholden to the Time Patrol, though that's normally their jurisdiction, because ... let's face it, most of the characters have a hissy fit at the mere mention of having to follow orders, but it would get everyone on the same page. They could even work with or be a branch of the Alliance, though that's not entirely mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagetim View Post
    Not a love Parallelogram? In any case, hello. I've been reading through the most recent in character thread because...someone in discord mentioned the Ballad of Edgardo. Which got a few people curious about forum roleplays, and someone linked this RP in particular. So I've been reading along in the current thread to get caught up and get an idea of not only what's going on, but how things are being resolved.

And I have to say it's refreshing to see people working together to bring a storyline into being instead of just trying to kill each others characters to prove who the strongest is or what have you.

Anyway, I was thinking that I would like to join in on this and, if no one objects, bring in a character from a different dbz rp and edit them down to being more reasonable for what's going on here. And yes, that would involve time shenanigans, but along the lines of 'his universe finally gave up on existing while he was in transit with a jury rigged modification to his ship's FTL drive'.

Spoiler: rambling and context
    Show
    To give that some more context, I made this character originally for one Forum RP, then that one died in a horrible gas fire of terribleness. Then another forum RP was like 'come on over here, it's all good'. And that also turned out to not be so true. But having already done a lot of posting for that one, when someone from that one said 'I'll make my own and it will be better' I was allowed to import the character on over. It was during that process that the admin for the third RP in this conga line of gas fires told me that it was a thousand years in the future of the previous time line, but that time had been compacted and crazy shenanigans had happened in the intervening time, so that the end result was that the Earth my character would be showing up on was going to be a few decades behind in technology but also mismashed with npcs who were explosively higher in power level and basically used this same idea to explain why the setting was the same but different. So as far as I'm concerned, that entire timeline probably just gave up on existing, with it's time tendons having been stretched and broken with all the bending going on and the universe in question looking at the tattered remains that used to be it's legs of history and going 'no, If I cannot run, if I cannot sprint, I choose to end my life!'. Anyway, with regards to the character I have in mind, he would have been on a jank ship that he won in a fight and proceeded to modify the engine of to try and skip around the universe as a means of FTL instead of through the universe...and while he was outside the universe, his killed itself. So his ship blows it's fuel supply chugging to the nearest safe timeline.
    Nah, a love square if anything.*

Anyway, welcome! So, his ship is basically a time machine of sorts? Interesting. Would his original timeline be in Universe 7, or Universe 13 (ours)? The latter could make a lot of sense, since there are various rogue "time eddies" that need to sort themselves out, but being from Universe 7 or even 6 could work too, or even one of the other universes. Maybe his original timeline was erased by the Time Patrol?

*Well, okay, technically a series of three interlocking love triangles forming a square boundary, but let's not be too technical.** ;P

**Let's totally be too technical. =D
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-03-21 at 11:13 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

26. - Top - End - #506

I imagine Artic and Vodkana might come into conflict, but then again I do remember Vodkana attempting to flirt with Ulgo Al'Taradassian so...

27. - Top - End - #507

RedWizardGuy

I figured it might get messy to try and make this explanation work with words alone. So I used MS paint to make a nice, low quality graphic to help with the explanation.

Spoiler: Not sure how big it's going to be, spoilering just in case
    Show

So, his ship isn't so much an intentional time machine as something that exits the space which encompasses the universe and tries to cheat it's way around the distance to the destination by flying through less than nothing to get there. Also known as 'What?'. I'll see if a second picture will help it make more sense.

Spoiler: Second Picture
    Show

Okay, so line 1 is a point of comparison. Light moving through the universe goes from point at to point b. It might get diverted by gravity or solid stuff in the way, but that doesn't really matter for this explanation. Line 2 then, is ships that move with sub light drives, following the same basic rules as light in moving around the universe. Line 3 represents what warp drives, aclubierre drives, whatever you want to call them do, they warp space around the ship so that it has less distance to travel, and in so doing they move faster than light. Wormholes do the same thing, but on a much more direct scale, with basically no intervening space between point a and point b by going through the wormhole. Line 4 is what Max's ship did- it exited the confines of the universe to try and skip around and re-emerge somewhere else. But then his universe ceased to be while he was outside of it...and it just kind of skipped over to the next nearest place stable enough for it to land: Universe 13. The idea being that since it's outside the universe, there is no space to traverse, right? At least that's what Max was operating on the assumption of.

So, to be clear- his ship doesn't have the ability to aim for time coordinates, even when it's working correctly. The time travel would be a side effect of time passing differently in different dimensions and possibly his ship riding some kind of temporal shockwave as his universe unraveled.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ettin in the Playground

So short version: your character is from an universe which doesn't exist anymore, with a ship capable of moving outside universal space-time.

That works for me. It's not any more convoluted than some other backstories in this game. Plus, you have plenty of destroyed universes to pick from.

@Hawkflight: the numbered universes are not parallel existences. Between twin universes such as 6 and 7, there are similarities (both have Earths, Sayajins, humans and Arcosians) but I wouldn't expect any individual-level parallelism. Of course, universe 6 could have another Sayajin named Goku or Kakarot by sheer chance. Sheer coincidence can create alike people between universes, even without any real parallelism.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground

What about Black Goku then?

Also, obviously, since Universe 13 is basically 6 and 7's daughter, it would have similar yet differing elements from 6 and 7, right?
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

30. - Top - End - #510

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    So short version: your character is from an universe which doesn't exist anymore, with a ship capable of moving outside universal space-time.

That works for me. It's not any more convoluted than some other backstories in this game. Plus, you have plenty of destroyed universes to pick from.

@Hawkflight: the numbered universes are not parallel existences. Between twin universes such as 6 and 7, there are similarities (both have Earths, Sayajins, humans and Arcosians) but I wouldn't expect any individual-level parallelism. Of course, universe 6 could have another Sayajin named Goku or Kakarot by sheer chance. Sheer coincidence can create alike people between universes, even without any real parallelism.
    Oh, don't worry, the convoluted part is what happened on those forums. Among other things, they had a 'power level by post' system, and a 'power level and other reward' quest system enabled. So, for example, you would fill in posts to complete a quest (or a series of posts to complete a quest line) and notify a mod to get that approved then accounted for on your account for your character's power level, and say, powers known list. So, you know, the convoluted shenanigans happened when I wrote my way through all of the various quest lines to get All The Things.

But starting at something like 80k, with transformation(s), and a list of like 20 powers would be completely ridiculous. Especially with some of the continuity that gave rise to those abilities. And while I may want to keep some of the story that happened (like being hunted down by a mafia composed of failed crane style students) I don't think my character needs to keep things like the super dodon ray or the hellzone grenade (and other powers) that were a reward for a convoluted namek quest line.

Edit:
    Spoiler: Super Stuff having to do with universes
    Show
    So, Goku Black is ultimately just from universe 7. He's the result of a bunch of time shenanigans that all have to do with universe 7. Like Future Trunks, he's from a wayward universe 7 timeline. I imagine universe 7 has at least a few wayward timelines splitting off from it like branches off a tree trunk. One of the is where Future Trunks lives, one of them is the future where he got ganked by Cell so that cell could go back to the main storyline, and there's probably a few more. At least one involves how Goku Black came into being, and since we haven't seen the supreme kai of time on screen, it's safe to say that none of the ones shown in the show so far has been clipped.

Universe 6 baseline has no inhabited planet Earth, to be clear. It gone done nuked itself out of existence. And the saiyans took a different path in their social evolution, going good instead of evil (and losing touch with that anger berzerkery that would allow them to go super saiyan in the process). While interactions with Universe 7 during super do change some things, Universe 6 is a very different place to Universe 7.

A helpful way to differentiate is that Universes have different superme kai, different gods of destruction, and so on. It's why you have Champa and Beerus, instead of Beerus and Beerus. However, timelines split from the same Universe have copies of the same people in them, so Beerus is in Future Trunks' timeline, Beerus is in Cell's timeline, etc.
    Last edited by Sagetim; 2017-03-22 at 02:04 AM.