New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dyer's Absalom Beguiled IC

Rufus

The gunslinger trudges though the sewers as best he can to find the route the other way before racing home to change and wash and running down to the docks.

Skidding to a stop he breathes heavily waving tontge others. "Evening fellows. Ready for some slave rustling eh? looking about he eyes up the 'flock' of whores arriving. "Aye, that'll distract them the way water will a thirsty man." He eyes up the boats looking to see if he can spy the Chelaxian trader.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show

Perception (1d20+7)[13]
    Know (local) (1d20+7)[13]
    Prof (sailor) (1d20+7)[18]

Last edited by DrK; 2017-03-21 at 01:30 AM.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ettin in the Playground

Garren

"Not so damned loud. Now, what do you think of paying off a couple of these ship captains to switch over to those far docks to fill them, before our ship arrives?"

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Absalom never truly sleeps. It's always active. The sun has recently set and the sky is hued with purple and grey—not yet black. Nightslash kneels on the edge of a 4th floor balcony in The Coins and scans the intersection. To the North, lovers embrace on construction scaffolding. To the East, drunken friends revel in song as they stagger and sway to another pub or some unknown destination. To the South, a group of feral youngsters argue in the midst of some dice or card game that's been underway for an hour or more. To the West, two teamsters load a two-mule wagon with various crates and goods. They speak to one another about sailing, drinking, and whoring. Above you, on the roof of this 4-story building you hear two, maybe three men and a woman arguing. The pitch rises as they become louder, more angry. Then, the woman SCREAMS in a shrill that erects the hair on your neck.

Nightslash, what do you do?

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Garren and Rufus consider the situation at the docks as Krelista and Oberon listen on. Two ships can be seen entering the harbor. The first, is a 3-masted Carrack flying the Taldor flag. Not your ship. The Carrack moves into dock #8. The second ship is nondescript. It flies no flag and has the look of a stripped down, 2-mast cargo ship. Clumsy sailors and poor handling of the sails show the crew to be rough and untrained seamen. With some luck, they finally tie off at dock #5.

What do you do?

Tock shows a bit of hospitality and invites the man in. He introduces himself as well. The man walks slowly, shuffling at times. He has a distinct limp and Tock notices a few, small, random insects falling off of the stranger as he slowly sits. Taking the beer, he drinks and then responds; I am called Ipe. ... Thank you for the chair. My left knee was crippled many years ago. You see, master Tork, I'll not mince words. There are many forces that work in Absalom for a many different goals and ends. One such organization, operates in such secrecy that none of its members ever meet. They communicate through various means and recruit only those with the most potential preserve their agenda; balance in Absalom. Their members are well rewarded and most live normal lives, only be called upon for specific tasks for which they are proficient, and rarely more than once per moon. Would you be interested in an introductory offer by such an organization?

What's your move Tock?

(Time is permeable here)
    Maria was ready for the theatrical party, or so she hoped. Placard in hand and a nice blue and black dress, she easily found the address; a well-built and handsome home just inside the Foreign Quarter. Walking up the long marble stairs to the double doors, Maria was alone and greeted by a single servant in common garb. He was a short, human man, middle-aged and balding. Welcome, madame. I have but three requests of you this evening. 1. Do not exit by these doors. 2. Do nothing beyond your desire. 3. Open your mind. Are these requests to which you will hold yourself?

Your answer and move?
    Last edited by DyerMaker; 2017-03-23 at 12:49 AM.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Titan in the Playground

Standing in the shadows Rufus watches carefully. One we are looking for should be called "the Purloin". If that ain't it it's a big coincidence with a pair of slavers docking"

Looking carefully he ambles down the road to walk past the docks and then circle back, an eye on the ships names and ear for Chekuaxan accents.

Spoiler: skills
    Show

Perception (1d20+7)[17]
    Know (local) (1d20+7)[10]
    Prof (sailor) (1d20+7)[11]

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ettin in the Playground

Women screaming inmy area? Nightslash thought to himself. He wasn't going to stand for it, not one bit. After all, why should anyone be afraid of him if there is other ruffians around who seem to be doing more frightful things? He looked up and gauged how easy it would be to climb up to the room from the balcony he was brooding at, verses how hard it would be to get up the stairs they took to get up there, and begins going down the fastest route.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

7. - Top - End - #367
    Troll in the Playground

Tock
    "Maintaining balance? That sounds ...dangerous. Expensive".
    Tock instinctively starts negotiating, before he has even considered the offer. "But yes, I'm interested in hearing an offer."

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ettin in the Playground

Maria chuckles. Am I to assume there are other doors, given a fire or other such emergency? Given that stipulation, I agree. She strides inside.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC! Since she's going to a literal sex party, I suggest keeping it PG 13 for the board and I will note one of my personal triggers (for lack of a better, less severe word) is lack of consent.
    LGBTA+itP

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ettin in the Playground

Garren weighed up his options, took a deep breath, and walked slowly towards the newly arrived ship with the novice sailors, pretending to be eyeing the ladies, but actually looking for the name of the newly arrived ship. Somehow he doubted the Chelish would entrust such valuable cargo to such a novice crew, but he wanted to be sure. If he could rule out this ship as the target, he might be able to bluff or bribe its captain into relocating to Dock 10.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Krelista mentions to Garren and Rufus; That ship. The cargo ship with the haphazard crew. It's the IBIS. She's here once a week. Those are decent sailors but they're all pickled by this time of day. We're looking for the Red Virjen if Maria spoke true.
    Last edited by DyerMaker; 2017-03-23 at 03:10 PM.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Nightslash takes the stairs to avoid a tricky climb. Upon reaching the top of the stairs there is a hinged, wooden hatch, unlocked. Peering from the hatch, Nightlash can see that one male humanoid lay on the roof while the other two figures, both cloaked, wrestle with the woman in an attempt to take her bag and possible cause her harm.

What do you do?

Ipe looks at Tork and seems encouraged as he takes another sip of the stale beer.
    Very good. The first task is quite simple. There is a prisoner being held in the Keep. His name is Sholto. He has asked for a priest. You will visit him tomorrow. Sit outside of his cell for 10 minutes and then leave. Do you agree to these terms?

Tork, do you agree?
    Last edited by DyerMaker; 2017-03-23 at 06:18 PM.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ettin in the Playground

Nightlash
    Nightlash wasn't a big hero. He wasn't a knight in shining armor. He slowly got up out of the hatch, carefully, as he became ready to draw the blade of his swordcane. He didn't know why they wanted her. Possibly human traffickers. He wasn't overly concerned with such petty details after all.

He need to be careful watching for his time to strike and run one of the cloak figures through with his blade.

Spoiler: OOC Rolls
    Show

(1d20+6)[22] +2 for concealment in darkness

If the opportunity to attack arises (as in mostly, I don't screw up my stealth) I charge the closest one.
    (1d20+6)[12] Attack Roll
    (1d6+3)[9] + (1d8)[3]

If the stealth is screwed up however will end up going a different route.

Last edited by Triskavanski; 2017-03-23 at 09:56 PM.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DyerMaker View Post
    Krelista mentions to Garren and Rufus; That ship. The cargo ship with the haphazard crew. It's the IBIS. She's here once a week. Those are decent sailors but they're all pickled by this time of day. We're looking for the Red Virjen if Maria spoke true.
    Garren

"Guess I'm going to find out if they're happy drunks. I'll go see if their captain is open to moving the ship down to dock 10, before they start loading or offloading—" He broke off for a moment with a frown. "Didn't Rufus say it was called the Purloin?"
    Last edited by Athaleon; 2017-03-23 at 09:03 PM.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Troll in the Playground

Tock
    ”That easy, huh?".
    Tock stares at Ipe, trying to get a reaction out of him about this obvious about-to-get-complicated very simple job. "Oh well, it's not like I moved here in order to NOT take risks". Besides, this guy is not just some errand boy. I'm not convinced that backing out is safer than going forward. "I will be there." Tock surreptitiously catches a live insect in a jar for later study.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Maria enters the home to a small, coat room occupied by a minimally-clad, petite tiefling girl. If Maria does not have a mask, this girl provides one for you. The door out of this room opens to a wide hallway, lined with the occasional table and two chairs. All seems tame at this point. The home is lit by sparse candle light and there are a number of masked patrons elegantly dressed sitting and standing in this area. Some drink wine and others laugh mid conversation. All eyes seem to fall on you as you enter the space. At the end of the wide hallway is one woman and one man. Both hold large silver platters and wear only their masks.
    Describe your mask? What do you do?

Nightlash moves with stealth as he approaches one of the cloaked figures, running the man through with his blade. The other spins toward Nightlash; a half-orc, now wielding an axe. He releases the woman, who runs. Nightlash has the initiative.
    What do you do?

Garren walks the dock toward the cargo ship. As he approaches one of the sailors yells out; Whadya want ya landlubber?
    What do you do?

Tock catches the insect, as Ipe stands to exit. Thank you, master Tock, for your hospitality. We may, or may not, meet again. After Ipe has gone, you discover that he has left a green gem in the chair where he sat.
    What's next for Tock?
    Last edited by DyerMaker; 2017-03-27 at 04:30 PM.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ettin in the Playground

Nightlash
    Taking this opportunity to press his advantage, Nightlash goes after the orc with the axe. Fortune Favors the bold, and the bold take action. "Curse the day you tried to upstage me." he growls under his breath going for the next attack.

Spoiler: OOC rolls
    Show

(1d20+4)[8]
    (1d6+4)[9] + (1d4)[4] now that the guy is just flatfooted.

(1d20+6)[12] knowledge local check now that I'm close to ID the perps.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

Oberon:

Oberon is content with waiting to see what unfolds as his companions goes to check out the scene. Garren seemed to have the situation in hand, and Oberon didn't want to add another body into the scene to make things more conspicuous. He continues to wait as he sees Garren in the distance speaking with another person.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ettin in the Playground

Garren walked up without pause. "Wanna talk to your captain, before you start unloading. Got a favor to ask him, and I'll make it worth his while."

Spoiler
    Show

Diplomacy: (1d20+12)[23]

19. - Top - End - #379
    Troll in the Playground

Tock Ironthunder

Tock is going to spend the rest of the day selling the gemstone (Profession: Merchant
    (1d20+13)[29]), and doing experiments on the insect. Is it smart? Does it want to leave or does it want to eat? Is there a specific direction it wants to go? Basically, trying to determine if it's part of a hive mind. [/B]

Spoiler: Preparations for the trip to the Keep.
    Show

Buy a scroll of Obscuring Mist, a scroll of Animate Rope, and a scroll tube. Memorize: Guidance, Light, Detect Magic, Purify Food & Drink//Cause Fear, Sanctuary, Burning Hands, 1 open slot.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Nightlash takes a stab at the cloaked half orc but misses. The half orc swings his axe toward Nightlash with determination; Attack (1d20+5)[22], potential damage (1d8+4)[12]. The woman is nowhere in sight. Describe the cut from the axe and where it struck you?

Oberon holds his ground.

Garren smooth talks the drunken sailor and is allowed to board the ship. The captain is on deck attempting to get his crew to move at a more brisk pace and unload their cargo. He doesn't appear to be having much luck in the matter. The captain is a tall, thin fellow, who's dressed more like a soldier than a merchant or ship's captain. He meets your gaze; Captain Montbelliard‎. Who are you and why are you on my ship?

Tock makes his way to a jeweler in the Coins, selling the green gem for 100gp. He then returns to study an insect. It then occurs to Tock that his friend Rufus had asked for a meet at The Doxy, in The Docks district. To stay or go?

What do you do, all of you?
    Last edited by DyerMaker; 2017-03-28 at 11:43 AM.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DyerMaker View Post
    Maria enters the home to a small, coat room occupied by a minimally-clad, petite tiefling girl. If Maria does not have a mask, this girl provides one for you. The door out of this room opens to a wide hallway, lined with the occasional table and two chairs. All seems tame at this point. The home is lit by sparse candle light and there are a number of masked patrons elegantly dressed sitting and standing in this area. Some drink wine and others laugh mid conversation. All eyes seem to fall on you as you enter the space. At the end of the wide hallway is one woman and one man. Both hold large silver platters and wear only their masks.
    Describe your mask? What do you do?
    Maria steps inside and smiles. She puts on her own mask, a thing of silver swirls and red flowers, before looking about, seeing who she recognized.

Spoiler
    Show
    Know: Local (1d20+9)[15]
    Know: Nobility (1d20+9)[25]
    Diplomacy (for a graceful entrance): (1d20+11)[17]
    LGBTA+itP

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

Rufus

The gunslinger, hanging out in an alley looking at the ship watches Garren brazenly approach the ship with a smile as he waits for any signs of trouble or a signal that its the right ship that they need to liberate the slaves for. As he watches he checks the priming on the pistol and the sharpness of the sword blade in case things turn south. He glances sideways at Oberon. "How do you reckon Garren will get on eh? I give him to the count of 5 before something kicks off"

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ettin in the Playground

Garren held his hand out for a handshake. "Garren Fletcher. Glad I caught you before unloading, because I need you to do me a quick favor, and move the Ibis down to Dock 10. I have a special cargo coming in shortly, and it would go a lot easier if it came in to this dock. I'll make it worth your time."

Spoiler
    Show

Diplomacy: (1d20+12)[14] + (1d6)[3] Inspiration

(I've been forgetting that since these checks are keying off Linguistics I can add an Inspiration die to them without spending it).

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

Oberon:

Oberon slowly shrugs his shoulder at the gunslinger's question. "I've known Garren a while, and he can turn on the charm if he needs to. My own specialty's in the intimidation act, but it's all a roll of the die, I suppose. Either way, there is no situation that one could not escape from. There is no situation that one could not turn to an advantage. The group did not go for the violent route, so now let's see what my old friend's mind will contemplate."

25. - Top - End - #385
    Troll in the Playground

Tock

"The Doxy, eh? That sounds...lively."
    , Tock mutters to himself. Let's see, this coat buttons down, keep my pistol and a light purse on the inside, to ward against pickpockets, and hope I wont stumble into an unexpected fight. Well, I never want to stumble into an unexpected fight even on the best of days.

Tock makes his way to the Doxy.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ettin in the Playground

Nightlash

Well, Nightlash thought, this is less than optimal, as blood spatters from the gash of an axe from the orc. He couldn't believe it, he used a really good line on that attack, and wasn't rewarded for it. A fool and his life are soon parted, and Nightlash was too young to be a fool! Fight or Flight, he chose flight, quickly withdrawing away from the big bad mean orc. How was he going to take on those that betrayed him if he couldn't even take on a few street thugs?

He rushed as quickly as he could trying to job across to next roof

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Man I hope this works.
    Using Withdraw action to get away from big meany head.
    (1d20+7)[23]

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Maria enters the home with grace. She recognizes a woman and a gentlemen (Who are they and how do you know them?).

Rufus and Oberon discuss if Garren will be successful.

The Captain listens to Garren and ponders a bit. Aye, the Captain replies, I might'n be 'bliged to change a dock if'n there's measure sufficient for me trouble? ... Say, maybe 300 measure.

Tock rendezvous with Rufus and meets a new companion in Oberon (Introduce yourselves at will)

Nighlash withdraws across the rooftops. Turning 'round. He notices the cloaked half-orc in pursuit of the woman.

What are your moves?

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ettin in the Playground

NightLash

Nightlash feels a pang running through him, a call to arms as it were. The rush to run in like a white knight and try to save her once more. But then the pain of the axe blow reminded him why he doesn't do that. It was as close as he could get to being a knight in shining armor.

Instead he waited for the Orc to leave running after the woman. If there was money to be made, perhaps the corpses had clues? He waited a little while longer till he was sure the Orc would be a bit of a distance away, before heading back to where the two bodies lay.

He needed to get the information and get out of there, looking for a street doctor of some kind to patch up his wound.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Troll in the Playground

Tock Ironthunder, on his way to the Doxy, wanders right by the alley where Rufus and Oberon are hanging out.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ettin in the Playground

Garren

"Deal. I don't just walk around by the docks at night with that kind of coin, you understand, but I'm good for it," Garren told him. "I can get it to you as soon as you're at the new dock."

Spoiler
    Show

Bluff: (1d20+12)[14] + (1d6)[5] in case it's required, since Garren does have the measure. But he doesn't want to get robbed either.

Just a heads up, I will likely be unable to post until Saturday night.