New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls XIII: Born Under a Certain Sign

I managed to lure him into a group of three guys, but he's so tough he just flattened them with single shots. I ended up abusing the water to kill him, since was the last survivor.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

My Paladin build via Ordinator has hit a few roadblocks but is budding finally. But since being evil is far more rewarding and Oblivion is practically calling nonstop for the Paladin I have decided to start up as Dawnguard member. During my very first Vampire Hunt he stumbled upon a Conjuration skill book. Curious he devoured it. Then Serana and I headed to Whiterun's Dragonreach to ask the local Wizard if he knows where the Moth Priest might be. There he offered me some intriguing spells. After of course decking myself out in undead hunting spells I thought I almost died to the Vampire and could use a hand or two. Tearing myself a vengeful spirit or two from Oblivion I feel much safer now.

Spoiler
    Show
    The eventual downfall is planned when Serana and I have to go to the Soul Cairn. Not wanting to loose power I will become a Vampire and stay that way. Deeper urges will bubble up. then I will heed the call of Molag Bal and receive his Mace.

The finalized build will use Onehanded (until the aoe buff), Heavy Armor (another aoe buff plus thematically appropriate), Conjuration (skeletons and their buffs). I am still unsure, if I should use Restoration (for healing and some sort of Life and Dark vibe) or Illusion (mainly for the perk for follower buffs plus call to arms).

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    My Paladin build via Ordinator has hit a few roadblocks but is budding finally. But since being evil is far more rewarding and Oblivion is practically calling nonstop for the Paladin I have decided to start up as Dawnguard member. During my very first Vampire Hunt he stumbled upon a Conjuration skill book. Curious he devoured it. Then Serana and I headed to Whiterun's Dragonreach to ask the local Wizard if he knows where the Moth Priest might be. There he offered me some intriguing spells. After of course decking myself out in undead hunting spells I thought I almost died to the Vampire and could use a hand or two. Tearing myself a vengeful spirit or two from Oblivion I feel much safer now.

Spoiler
    Show
    The eventual downfall is planned when Serana and I have to go to the Soul Cairn. Not wanting to loose power I will become a Vampire and stay that way. Deeper urges will bubble up. then I will heed the call of Molag Bal and receive his Mace.

The finalized build will use Onehanded (until the aoe buff), Heavy Armor (another aoe buff plus thematically appropriate), Conjuration (skeletons and their buffs). I am still unsure, if I should use Restoration (for healing and some sort of Life and Dark vibe) or Illusion (mainly for the perk for follower buffs plus call to arms).
    I guess you don't actually care about finishing the Dawnguard quest line then. Isran will just frown deeply at you until you get your vampirism cured.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

I don't think it's even necessary to talk to Isran again until the last part of the quest, because your next interaction is Dexion and then you're straight off to Darkfall.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    I guess you don't actually care about finishing the Dawnguard quest line then. Isran will just frown deeply at you until you get your vampirism cured.
    We will see. For now my plan is coming to fruition. In dire need of some oomph I decided to travel to Markath first and RP'ed resisting Molag Bal. When Tyranus attacked I just defended myself. Intrigued by His offer the possibility of removing two Daedra cults I freed the Priest of Boethiah and followed him back inside. Molag Bal trapped us both, offering substantial reward for killing a Daedra worshipper. And ironically with the Smite perk the Mace of Molag Bal is far superior vs undead than any Dawnguard equipment or even the Dawnbreaker ever will be.

Crushed a few bandit camps and Forsworn along the way - because I have discovered the happy world of necromancy. After all they don't need their bones anymore anyway, right? Right now I am a Vampire inside the Soul Cairn raising the dead and trapping the immortal souls of my enemies. But it's for the greater good, I swear!

6. - Top - End - #156
    Firbolg in the Playground

Morrowind: Part 12. Chord death count this episode: 2. One to a lesser bonewalker, once to a trapped chest and clicking on the wrong spell hotkey.

After dropping my burden off at the fields of Kummu, I decided to warp back to where I'd picked her up and continue my exploration. Scrutinizing the map, I noticed that the Foyada continued past the Dwemer bridge near Arkngthand, and that it looked like it terminated just past the mountains where I stood. So long as I was here, I might as well explore just a bit, right?

I regretted my decision when almost immediately on cresting the hill, a few Cliff racers lifted their heads and chirped at me. Still, as I hacked away at them with my spear, I could already see a cave worth exploring.

Darkness and the scent of brimstone permeated the cavern. I wrinkled my nose as the scent of rotting flesh wafted across my face, and then the ash slaves jumped me. They swarmed, forcing me to beat a hasty retreat down a side passage, stabbing as I went. Have I mentioned how much I love and despise being born under the sign of the Apprentice? More magic means I can cast more fireballs downrange without pausing or resorting to enchanted items, but also means that I'm much more vulnerable to enemy magic. You know, like the fireballs and electric bursts cast by ash slaves.

The dungeon culminated with a fight on a ledge over a pool of lava with a much larger... I don't even know how to describe it. Like a dunmer, right? But it's like someone took a belt-sander to their face, ground off their features, and replaced it with the very tip of an elephant's trunk. And they stink to high heaven; by the time I finished fighting it, I was ready to turn around and vomit into the pool of lava.

Once Dagoth Favon (that was the name of the ash ghoul, I think) crumpled, face first, into the lava, all that remained was to loot the several chests of goods nearby. However, what Dagoth Favon couldn't do, his chest nearly did; I had to panic and force-feed myself a dozen potions just to avoid "death by loot" when the chest exploded in my face.

After that, I was both overladen and tired, and so decided to just sleep it off before teleporting back to the Mages guild in Balmora. One assassin later--how do they keep finding me?--I decided that sleeping would be better with a bed and a distinct lack of people stabbing me.

========

The Mage's guild was the same it always was: peaceful. Ajira welcomed the flowers I delivered, but told me that someone had stolen her reports! It had to be Galbedir! I groaned, but walked up the stairs and buttered up Galbedir until he admitted that yes, he stole them, but just to hide them. "One of them is in the herbal supplies, so I knew that Ajira would never look there. After all, she just sends you out instead." I frowned, and the frown deepened when I read Ajira's reports, where she claimed to have gone out herself to collect all these plants from dangerous areas. Still, I gave them back; if she wants to commit fraud and plagiarism, that's on her. And besides, it's useful to have some leverage over another person, just in case.

Gra-Muzgob was only too glad to have her necromancer's skull, and proceeded to tell me all about Lord Nerevar, about how he helped to form the first Council of the great houses, and how the Ashlanders believed that he would eventually be reborn to cast down the false gods of the Tribunal, restore ancestor worship, and help drive the outlanders out of Morrowind again. Still not sure what this has to do with me, but I figure Caius will want the notes Sharn gave me.

On the way out, Ranis awarded me the rank of Magician for my efforts in making the Mage's guild successful. Then she assigned me to go to Maar Gan and murder a necromancer for her.

========

Caius was quite glad to get the notes Sharn gave me, and told me that I could go adventuring if I wanted to, so he could figure out what I should do next. I pushed him a little bit, and he told me to just go to Vivec, and talk to some informants.

Maybe I'll do that after I go get rid of all this junk I've picked up.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Northern Encounters is kind of an interesting mod. I haven't fully explored it but it's definitely amusing.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Bugbear in the Playground

Regarding your question about the dream, I only recall getting a text pop-up about the dream in unmodded Morrowind.

Also, congratulations on clearing a Sixth House base. If you recall the guy who interrupted one of your walks in Balmora with ravings about Dagoth Ur and the Sixth House, you might want to talk to him again.

Have I mentioned how much I love and despise being born under the sign of the Apprentice? More magic means I can cast more fireballs downrange without pausing or resorting to enchanted items, but also means that I'm much more vulnerable to enemy magic. You know, like the fireballs and electric bursts cast by ash slaves.
    Unless one of your mods changed things, the Apprentice birthsign's drawback is only Weakness to Magicka, and in Morrowind Weakness (and Resistance) to Magicka does not affect frost, fire, shock, or poison damage. At least in the unmodded game, you get a separate icon for each distinct Weakness effect, and you normally only have one red icon so I doubt the mods you're running have changed the Apprentice to be more than just Weakness to Magicka.

One assassin later--how do they keep finding me?
    It's that trail of dead cliff racers you leave everywhere you go.

9. - Top - End - #159

...Do you know, I can't believe I forgot to include the friggin' dream sequence in the writeup? I'm a moron.
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Aeson View Post
    Also, congratulations on clearing a Sixth House base. If you recall the guy who interrupted one of your walks in Balmora with ravings about Dagoth Ur and the Sixth House, you might want to talk to him again.
    ... Or not.

Every time you talk to him, his disposition will drop by 10. I don't think there's any way of either avoiding or reversing that. When it gets to 0, he will attack you uncontrollably (with hilariously untrained fists, naturally) whenever you enter the town, and at that point it becomes hard to avoid killing him.

I take great care to avoid going within talking distance of any of the Sleepers, if I can possibly help it.
    "None of us likes to be hated, none of us likes to be shunned. A natural result of these conditions is, that we consciously or unconsciously pay more attention to tuning our opinions to our neighbor’s pitch and preserving his approval than we do to examining the opinions searchingly and seeing to it that they are right and sound." - Mark Twain

11. - Top - End - #161
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    ...Do you know, I can't believe I forgot to include the friggin' dream sequence in the writeup? I'm a moron.
    Oh it's not that bad. People forget dreams all the time.

Just add it in the next one as an aside.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

12. - Top - End - #162

Quote Originally Posted by veti View Post
    ... Or not.

Every time you talk to him, his disposition will drop by 10. I don't think there's any way of either avoiding or reversing that. When it gets to 0, he will attack you uncontrollably (with hilariously untrained fists, naturally) whenever you enter the town, and at that point it becomes hard to avoid killing him.

I take great care to avoid going within talking distance of any of the Sleepers, if I can possibly help it.
    Balmas killed Dagoth Fovon, so four of the Sleepers, including both of the ones in Balmora, are now safe to speak with.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

My Vampire Paladin isnt working out as well. Conjuration is still ridiculously low while Onehanded deals with almost everything. Stacking Stoneflesh on top of Heavy Armor deals with melee damage and being undead with cold damage. But my 20 level improve shouldve gone towards Fire resistance. I burn incredibly easy as a stage 3 vampire

My skeleton warrior feels largely imconsequential as he lacks the damage and i lack the body parts for his two buddies. I wish I had invested in standard undead and summons.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

As I'm playing through Skyrim, I wish I could find a specific mod: One that does NOT refund your perks when you make something legendary. I know, it's the opposite of what most people want, but I wouldn't mind the ability to keep building my character WITHOUT resetting all those perks that I use.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by veti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeson View Post
    ... Or not.

Or not.

Spoiler
    Show
    Every Sleeper will be "freed" when you kill a specific creature/NPC (killing Dagoth Ur works for all, obviously) at which point talking to them will result in gaining a point of reputation (and a thank you from the NPC).
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

16. - Top - End - #166
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    As I'm playing through Skyrim, I wish I could find a specific mod: One that does NOT refund your perks when you make something legendary. I know, it's the opposite of what most people want, but I wouldn't mind the ability to keep building my character WITHOUT resetting all those perks that I use.
    You could just use the console to give yourself those perk points.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

17. - Top - End - #167

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    You could just use the console to give yourself those perk points.
    I am loathe to use the console for anything other than tcl... Once I start down the dark path, forever will it dominate my destiny. And I don't want the perk points... I want the perks to stay put, while still letting me relevel the skill.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Anyone know the console command to adjust the number of available perk points?

19. - Top - End - #169

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    I'm pretty sure there's not a console to grant perk points. However, you can add the perks you want directly.

Open the console and type: Help "Perk Name" 0. Then you can scroll up and down the results with PgUp and PgDn. When you find the perk you want, grab that perk ID number, and type in player.addperk XXXXXXXX. Boom, new perk added.

Should even be able to work with Ordinator.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

To my knowledge there isn't one. There is a kludge you can do to get more though. Remember your current level. Make super potions and sell them to up your speechcraft. Get it up to 100. Console player.setav speechcraft 15 and repeat a few times. Level up. Console player.setlevel (whatever your original/preferred level). You can get stupid huge extra perk points. It's only in the one direction, though; you can't give yourself less perk points doing that.
    I used to live in a world of terrible beauty, and then the beauty left.
    Dioxazine purple.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

I am loathe to use the console for anything other than tcl... Once I start down the dark path, forever will it dominate my destiny. And I don't want the perk points... I want the perks to stay put, while still letting me relevel the skill.
    That actually seems more complex than it sounds at first blush. Given many Perks have a minimum skill level to acquire, reducing your skill to below a level you qualify for it could have wonky effects.

I might suggest, instead, you download the Community Uncapper to simply allow you to level skills past 100. For most skills, this has no or negligible effect (since there are few perks that scale purely off skill level, and the ones that do often have a hard or soft cap at 100 or some other arbitrary point like an armor/resistance cap), but would let you continue leveling.

For Triaxx, there are quite a few mods that let you add perk points. From purely free ones (like a book that adds perk points whenever read) to ones that have a cost (I like the ones that require you to spend Dragon Souls to get perk points). I'd suggest getting those or making a similar one that constantly using the console since even simple console use done too often can bork things for some reason.
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2017-06-19 at 02:45 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

I have Deadly Dragons for Soul>Perk conversion, was just wondering if there was an option. I know there's supposed to be one to add souls, but it never was a thing I needed. Just wondered if one was available for perk points.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

I have Deadly Dragons for Soul>Perk conversion, was just wondering if there was an option. I know there's supposed to be one to add souls, but it never was a thing I needed. Just wondered if one was available for perk points.
    player.modav dragonsouls [number] is the one to add dragon souls. It's considered a stat (like Health/Magicka/Stamina) for some reason and controlled by the same console commands.

There isn't a command to add perk points directly though, no.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, well then thanks for the command. Though I am surprised by it not being accessible by the console if it is via scripts, such as the one to trade Souls for Perks.

25. - Top - End - #175

You know, I have had Transmute Dragon Soul in my spell list for so long, and I have no idea where it comes from.
    The Cranky Gamer

26. - Top - End - #176

You know, I have had Transmute Dragon Soul in my spell list for so long, and I have no idea where it comes from.
    Eh? Maybe?
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

27. - Top - End - #177

Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    Eh? Maybe?
    Likely, but I don't remember getting it.
    The Cranky Gamer

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, well then thanks for the command. Though I am surprised by it not being accessible by the console if it is via scripts, such as the one to trade Souls for Perks.
    Because console commands don't let you do scripting, they're just individual commands.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Possibly I'm confusing it with NV and earlier when you could trigger console commands via scripts.

30. - Top - End - #180

The Bee and Barb, Evening Star 3
    As Aela and I returned to Jorrvaskr, we were called around to the training yard behind the longhouse. There, the leaders of the Companions had gathered. Aela vouched for me, and I was acknowledged as a Companion.

After the ceremony, I spoke with Kodlak. He confirmed that the Companions' leaders: "The Circle" were all werewolves. I'm not sure I'd want to become a werewolf myself... But then, it's a lot of power and the Circle don't seem any the worse for it. Kodlak does want to cure himself, but he doesn't seem to resent the curse.

I needed to make the trip back to Fort Dawnguard, I'm running low on crossbow bolts. I asked around Jorrvaskr, but they didn't have any jobs for me in the Rift. Maybe I'll find something when I'm there. I reached the fort late in the afternoon, purchased some bolts from Jurard, then made my way back to Riften as night fell.

Avanchnzel, Evening Star 4
    In Riften, an Argonian begged me to take a dwarf lexicon from her and take it back to a nearby ruin. She was haunted by the memories of her expedition to that place. Since I was out here to collect more dwarf bolts for my crossbow, I figured it'd be worth checking out.

When I reached the ruin, I saw what she meant by memories. I thought I was seeing ghosts until I saw the same Argonian amongst the spectral figures. Somehow her memories were imprinted upon this cube, and playing out before me.

The ruin was filled with dwarven machines and traps. As I pressed on, I found where the argonian's party had made camp. It seemed like a good place to rest, so I've done so myself.

Nilheim, Evening Star 5
    I broke camp and continued on. I witnessed the memories of the party falling apart, fleeing and getting caught by animunculi, falling to traps, being crushed by a centurion. In the end only the argonian I met in Riften was left. Another centurion barred my way, but I've long learned their weaknesses. I finally returned the Lexicon to its receptacle, with a shock travelling up my arm as I did. A lift a short way beyond took me back to the entrance of Avanchnzel.

I passed through Riften to sell off gear I didn't need and let the argonian know it was done, then set of for Whiterun, stopping at Nilheim to camp for the night.

The Bee and Barb, Evening Star 14
    In the time since I last wrote, I've continued to work as a Companions. I've tracked down escaped criminals with Meeko and dealt with more groups of bandits. Nothing remarkable happened... nothing memorable anyway. Thinking about werewolves has been distracting me from reflecting on my days.

This last job was something different. Skjor sent me to retrieve a stolen heirloom, taken by a coven of necromancers. They were defiling a tomb called Ansilvund. I learned something of the history of this place, needed to open a puzzle-lock. This place was built by a grieving husband for his wife, and the leader of the necromancers was a widow herself, hoping to bring back her husband.

She was a Redguard! What sympathy I might have had for her evaporated on that realization. When I reached her she had animated the couple that were interred in the heart of the tomb, but I ignored them and charged at her directly. She was not prepared for this, and I got a good hit on her before she could defend herself. As she fumbled with her dagger I cut her down before the corpses behind me could strike, and they to fell as her magic left them.

The spirits of the two appeared before me, thanking me for freeing them from the necromancer's magic. They left for me a curious spectral blade, insubstantial, but still able to cut.

I recovered the ancestral hammer that I had been sent to retrieve and left. Since I was in the Rift, I visited Fort Dawnguard, stocking up again on crossbow bolts, before setting out for Whiterun once more. By the time I reached Riften it was getting dark, so I've stopped off here for the night.