New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

Hawk? why? because of the updated lore?

Ing- Nope. Epic nope. I can't trust my computer. I guess, I will as usual use the writing app from my phone, which is more or less could be trusted for long relpies....

By the way, I guess you have ninjaed me, just notice that I have replied with Vodkana.

speaking of which...
    how about instead of a wedding, they would host "The Greatest Party Of The Universe"? sound more fitting?
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball In the Playground OOC IV: Planetary Annihilation for Fun and Profit

Ing, I think I ninja'd you.

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Hawk? why? because of the updated lore?
    Nope, because then Starlight could have a scene where she becomes an alicorn.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-06-19 at 08:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Colossus in the Playground

Hey Raz, I was thinking we could have a scene where the current host of the Heart of Arcos arrives on Talsaiga to talk to 23 about Hailing's possible fate. Needless to say, it will be an interference in Vodkana's plans for Hailing. Not right away, fortunately.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2017-06-22 at 02:31 PM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Hey Raz, I was thinking we could have a scene where the current host of the Heart of Arcos arrives on Talsaiga to talk to 23 about Hailing's possible fate. Needless to say, it will be an interference in Vodkana's plans for Hailing. Not right away, fortunately.
    Okay, lets do it. Sounds interesting.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Titan in the Playground

Intresting.
    But one way or another, Vodkana will have Hailing at her side in the future... nyhahaha

I wonder if it would intresting enough, that one of the RA notice, that she devolping an actual feeling toward Hailing?

By the way... what stopping us from getting to the final battle?

------
    My previouse Avater

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Oh, I think I figured out what Max would be up to during the time skip that would involve more than one or two quick posts or a summary: He'd probably spar with Yankar. After all, the guy's got a baseline power level above the maximum that Max can push to, and is a human martial artist. So there's a baseline level of trust with regards to sparring.

Also, I didn't have anything super specific in mind for human transformations other than it being wildly variable per person. Kind of like turning that individual up to 11, magnifying their greatest strengths (and possibly greatest weaknesses) and probably having a rather individualized visual difference (instead of 'all humans transform into blonds and get gold auras' more 'when humans transform they take on their ideal body shape and their aura takes on a color suited to their personality')

So, would you be up for a spar or two between Max and Yankar in one of the side threads, Raz?

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sagetim View Post
    Oh, I think I figured out what Max would be up to during the time skip that would involve more than one or two quick posts or a summary: He'd probably spar with Yankar. After all, the guy's got a baseline power level above the maximum that Max can push to, and is a human martial artist. So there's a baseline level of trust with regards to sparring.

Also, I didn't have anything super specific in mind for human transformations other than it being wildly variable per person. Kind of like turning that individual up to 11, magnifying their greatest strengths (and possibly greatest weaknesses) and probably having a rather individualized visual difference (instead of 'all humans transform into blonds and get gold auras' more 'when humans transform they take on their ideal body shape and their aura takes on a color suited to their personality')

So, would you be up for a spar or two between Max and Yankar in one of the side threads, Raz?
    That was also my thought to human transformations going to be, I just I had a default one where they had a silver aura just in case one wanted a default one, no changing hair color, just the standing up. that was what Enlightened Transhuman was going to be, but whatever. Technically the Androids transformations are just going to be weird cosplay versions of that.

but yeah, I'm up for the spar.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm.. those who follow only the dub- is that ok for me, to update, Vodkana's abilites, by stuff discovered during the anime?

Raz- anything in practicular you would like to see in Vodkana Vs 23?
    Have you recieved my last pm?

------
    My previouse Avater

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Titan in the Playground

Raz- anything in practicular you would like to see in Vodkana Vs 23?
    No, I already achieved that and am just wondering what you were still trying to get to in the fight, just going along because I thought you were going to achieve your Storm Nyagato form or something.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Titan in the Playground

Stormart Nyagato... is something I wonder how to make it right.

Ummm.. I more trying to find effective style to fight for Vodkana. And enjoy the fight of course.

------
    My previouse Avater

11. - Top - End - #1181

RedWizardGuy

Alright, did you want Yankar to approach Max (probably on Earth, if anywhere, since part of his time skip is going to be spent using multiform and matter materialization to build a city on planet) or Max to track down Yankar? I figure Max would eventually seek out Yankar after hearing about him from one of the others (probably 23), while Yankar might seek him out first if only because he's 'just' human and decently strong.

Also, if Apfel is going to be training his ability to process multiple tasks at once, it might behoove him to learn the multiform technique, which Max would be more than happy to teach, if anyone bothered to ask him (and, seeing as he's used it before and will be using it extensively to build a city, it wouldn't be out of the question for Apfel to find out about it 'through the grapevine' of whatever gossip and stories pass between various members of the rebel alliance or what have you).

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe Apfel should train against the R.A as unit?It would important training to act as unit.

Unless we want to be Gokus...

------
    My previouse Avater

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Hey! So I posted a couple of months ago with a character concept (a fighter from the same race as Pui Pui). I never actually posted (I've moved several times, and now I'm finally settled) and I would love to jump back in! Would it be okay if I posted another character concept here and joined in?
    What's the Moskstraumen?

14. - Top - End - #1184

Sure, go ahead. Though you might have to repost your character.

Quick recap:

First ever world martial arts tournament is entering the final rounds
    Frieza's ancestor, Emperor Hailing rules most of the known universe with an iron fist.
    Hailing has destroyed planet Plant aka Planet Vegeta 500 years ahead of schedule
    Hailing is on Earth, currently watching the tournament
    Dragonballs successfully evacuated.
    Rebel Alliance members presently training to become strong enough to defeat Hailing

15. - Top - End - #1185

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Thanks for the update, Ing! That gives me a good idea of where we are - are people training on earth? A

Also, here's the new character! Decided to try something new, let me know if you have any comments or concerns!
    Coladar
    Spoiler
    Show
    Height: 5'8"
    Weight: 170 lbs
    Species: Konatsian
    Station: Exiled Champion

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Like many of his kind, Coladar possesses pale-gray skin and long, sharp ears. His hair is purple, and drapes down his back in an elegant ponytail. He also has a thick, bushy purple mustache on his otherwise soft face. Matching his purple hair is his purple and gold outfit - a long, purple tunic with flecks of gold at his shoulders. He wears chainmail underneath of this tunic, and thick brown leather boots and gloves complete his outfit. On his back is a thing and long sword, strapped in a leather scabbard.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Severe but just. Coladar carries the scars of war with him, which have made him outwardly cold and unkind, but he inwardly always strives to fight for what he deems just. He values study and rigor very much, considering those who think on-their-feet or rush into situations without plans to be fools.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    While the Guardian of Konats and his two disciples, Tapion and Minotia, did battle against the monstrous creature Hirudegarn, many other Konatsians were called into the war with the malicious Kashvar. Coladar was one of those Konatsians - he was a royal knight of Konats, a warrior capable of using ki, magic, and his blade all to deadly effect. Throughout the war, he fought hard, but ultimately reached a stalemate in a long campaign against the powerful Kashvar commander, Kez. To break this stalemate, and change the course of the war, Coladar led a band of daring Konatsians in a discrete raid against Kez, hoping to destroy the evil wizard once and for all. However, Kez was not weak - during the battle, he killed all of Coladar's companions with a single spell. This drained Kez, though, and his weakened state could not compete with Coladar's skill and fury.

Just as Coladar was to strike the killing blow, Kez used the last of his magical power to send Coladar into a different place in a different time - Universe 13. Coladar, lacking the magical fortitude to send himself back, has committed himself to a path of righteousness in this new land. If he cannot return to Konats, he will honor his land through acts of virtue and valor.

Story So Far:
    None so far.

Abilities:
    Power Level: 72,000

Spoiler
    Show
    Magical Transmutation:
    Coladar has the power to transmute any object into a magical longsword - his primary weapon. He can also change his clothes into his royal Konatsian armor - purple and gold, flowing clothes covering chainmail underneath.

Ki-Fencing:
    Coladar is able to imbue his longsword with ki as he uses it - making it as resilient as him. However, this has the adverse effect of tying his strength to the strength of his blade; when his blade is struck, he feels pain. From his blade, he can also launch and deflect ki blasts. His fighting style is reserved and eloquent - he is a man who learned to fight from books and intense training, rather than grit and blood. However, it is patently efficient, as he avoids flair and gloating during combat.

Fury of Konats:
    From the tip of his finger, Coladar launches a deep violet ki blast wave.

One Thousand Cuts:
    Using his blade, Coladar cleaves through the air, turning it into an extension of his weapon. A mighty gust of wind surges towards his opponent, absolutely lacerating them as is blasts through.

Swift Justice:
    Through a combination of magic and ki, Coladar conjures bindings on his opponents' hands and feet. These bindings cause searing pain when one attempts to break free from them - though escape is possible.

Flight:
    Coladar is capable of ki-based flight.
    Last edited by Moskstraumen; 2017-06-30 at 04:51 PM.
    What's the Moskstraumen?

16. - Top - End - #1186

RedWizardGuy

Well, I think some of our characters are going to wind up doing things on Earth during the timeskip/training period, but I think the bulk of the players are going to be In Space doing training away from anywhere they might get detected. You might want to specify a power level for your character, I think most of the players are ranging between something like 10k to 80k, but I think most of us are also figuring on our characters coming out to somewhere over a million after the time skip, with some people having super forms on top of that.

Oh, and Raz, to clarify I was trying to ask if you wanted to do the first post of Yankar and Max sparring, or if I should do the first post.

17. - Top - End - #1187

Quote Originally Posted by Moskstraumen View Post
    Thanks for the update, Ing! That gives me a good idea of where we are - are people training on earth?
    No problem. And to answer your question, considering Hailing and his Royal Guard are on Earth and know who the Rebel Alliance is, no, Earth is too dangerous. Anyone who isn't hiding their energy to civilian levels will be found almost immediately by their scouters. Considering Hailing, like Frieza, is prone to exploding planets, any engagement on Earth is risky. Meaning while there are characters on Earth, the bulk of them are in space.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Titan in the Playground

Ing- so anything else, to add for the party of Vodkana and Hailing, or moving on?
    I have to say, their ship is amusing, with potential to overshadow Joker and Harley

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, and Raz, to clarify I was trying to ask if you wanted to do the first post of Yankar and Max sparring, or if I should do the first post.
    well Yankar is training by himself currently so you will have to do that. I don't see him seeking out Max by himself.

20. - Top - End - #1190

Ing- so anything else, to add for the party of Vodkana and Hailing, or moving on?
    I have to say, their ship is amusing, with potential to overshadow Joker and Harley
    I say moving on.

Not sure I can compare the Joker & Harley ship, as it's very one-sided, while the Vodkailing is reciprocal.

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Titan in the Playground

So what next? Meal? Or something else?

------
    My previouse Avater

22. - Top - End - #1192

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    well Yankar is training by himself currently so you will have to do that. I don't see him seeking out Max by himself.
    Right, okay, assuming he's off Earth to avoid detection by Hailing's men and all that, would he be on any particular planet, a space ship, or somewhere else?

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Titan in the Playground

Right, okay, assuming he's off Earth to avoid detection by Hailing's men and all that, would he be on any particular planet, a space ship, or somewhere else?
    Hm, well I didn't think that I'd encounter this problem with Hailing when I made Yankar. he is supposed to be training in the wasteland, but I guess he is using his capsule corp ship to train in while he goes to find a mostly desolate planet with an atmosphere. so I think he is on Random Desolate Planet hunting some wildlife with his fists.

24. - Top - End - #1194

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Well, I think some of our characters are going to wind up doing things on Earth during the timeskip/training period, but I think the bulk of the players are going to be In Space doing training away from anywhere they might get detected. You might want to specify a power level for your character, I think most of the players are ranging between something like 10k to 80k, but I think most of us are also figuring on our characters coming out to somewhere over a million after the time skip, with some people having super forms on top of that.

Oh, okay! I've updated my sheet to indicate PL.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    No problem. And to answer your question, considering Hailing and his Royal Guard are on Earth and know who the Rebel Alliance is, no, Earth is too dangerous. Anyone who isn't hiding their energy to civilian levels will be found almost immediately by their scouters. Considering Hailing, like Frieza, is prone to exploding planets, any engagement on Earth is risky. Meaning while there are characters on Earth, the bulk of them are in space.
    Alright, thanks!

Is there anywhere that would make sense to introduce a character right now, then?
    What's the Moskstraumen?

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moskstraumen View Post
    Alright, thanks!

Is there anywhere that would make sense to introduce a character right now, then?
    Well your character is an alien, and most are on Talsaiga.....so.....probably there? 22 and Masala can greet him, 23 and Apfel need to do an important personal thing.

26. - Top - End - #1196

RedWizardGuy

Two things,
    1) tag, your post in yankar vs max, Raz

and 2) Holy Moley, I dropped the ball hard on replying in the main thread for what's going on with Mars. At some point I thought it was Hawkflight's post next, and was waiting for them to post, and now that I went back and checked I realize it was my post next in response to Calcifer. Well, sorry for the delay, FrozenFeet and Hawkflight, I'll get on that in a moment.

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Ogre in the Playground

Last chance to talk to Future Starlight.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

28. - Top - End - #1198

RedWizardGuy

I mean, unless you all wanted Max to be there for that conversation, I assumed he was probably training with Yankar during that whole thing (otherwise he'd be asking future starlight to state her temporal password to verify her information and probably getting a lot of weird looks from people).

Also, if it wasn't apparent, Max is making an oblique reference to the rules being different from the forum he was imported from (where transformations were normalized at x2, x4, and x6, water magically liked him*, and the place was riddled with people going super saiyan at around 20-25k power level or so, resulting in in max's last quest line there being him fighting a number of super saiyans in a row on an eternally warring planet vegeta).

Spoiler: asterix*
    Show
    *in that one, you could have 3 'strengths' that poorly defined enough that I got away with one of them being that water just kind of liked him. It refused to drown him, and would reflect his healing waves back in on him if he used that technique while submerged. But that was a much more pvp centric forum/rp, so it was more of a 'I will probably need this for my character to survive and stay alive' than 'this is part of my character and important to his characterization'. Which is why I dropped it when I translated the character over. It also meant dropping the ability to charge water with healing energy for later, but that's fine because...again, difference in narrative focus between this rp and that forum.

I figured it would be, if nothing else, kind of funny for Max to have to confront that some of the things he used to be able to do no longer work. I'm also wondering what the look on Yankar's face is going to be when he sees that red aura.

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Ogre in the Playground

I mean, unless you all wanted Max to be there for that conversation, I assumed he was probably training with Yankar during that whole thing (otherwise he'd be asking future starlight to state her temporal password to verify her information and probably getting a lot of weird looks from people).
    I'd want to collaborate with you on that, as chances are Starlight would probably know about that to some degree.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

30. - Top - End - #1200

RedWizardGuy

Well, I mean, only you are supposed to know your temporal password...so...:P