New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647
Results 1,381 to 1,397 of 1397
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Seven Isles [IC]

Foy nods, and leads the way down the street; before long the two come to a small house. "Well, I do a few things. I do some weaving, I help with field work sometimes. When the caravan comes, I'll be selling some things we've made..." she explains, seeming a touch unsure of whether to cozy up to Hildegarde or leave her to make that move. Up close, Hildegarde can tell that she has a look common to many of Ca Estae's residents - fit, but not overtly muscled. A bit lean, but not especially thin. Foy has fairly slim hips, and a face a touch softer than might be normal for someone of her figure - she also has dimples when she smiles, which Hildegarde has seen her do quite a bit since introducing herself.

"I was thinking, we could sit inside...Oh! And, if you'd like, I can offer you some water, if you need refreshment," Foy says, as the two approach the door she seems ready to open.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Colossus in the Playground

"Some water would be lovely, thank you." Hildegarde says, as she moves a little closer to Foy to let her cozy up to her through the short journey inside. "Might I be able to see some of what you've weaved? I've always had a fondness for the finer things."

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Titan in the Playground

Foy eagerly takes the opportunity, and slows down quite a bit for the last bit of the way inside. The home itself is humble, but has a cozy touch to it; lots of little details that show it's a very "lived-in" place. "Well, there isn't too much, but I could..." she says. "Feel free to take a seat, I'll be right back!" The halfling adds as the two reach a room with a table and four chairs. She disappears through a door, returning a few moments later with a simple wood-carved mug filled with water, and a green-yellow scarf.

"This is something I made, recently..." Foy says as she sits down next to Hildegarde, setting down the mug and laying out the scarf.

4. - Top - End - #1384

Hildegarde takes a moment to note how strange the home is compared to what she's used to - namely the wilderness, rarely a temple room, and Fastrada's house, which she rarely seems so stay in either. The coziness is somewhat pleasant. She takes a drink of the mug of water and smiles as Foy sits next to her. The scarf perhaps isn't the best she's ever seen, but the colors are complimentary (To her hair color, even) and effort has obviously been put in.

"It's quite lovely." Hildegarde smiles, as she shrugs her shoulders to remove her cloak, and it simply disappears. "And in my colors, as well. I don't suppose you'd be willing to part with it? I would say it's worth at least three silvers, and...a footrub? Since you won't get recognition for your weaving if you can't trade it with the caravan..."
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2017-07-10 at 06:51 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Titan in the Playground

Foy is quite visibly happy at Hildegarde's praise of her work. She grins, seeming too caught up in her words to notice the disappearing cloak. "That...oh - you want it? Of course!" She says, with a nod. "And a...a footrub?" Foy seems unsure for a moment, looking at the huntress before nodding, smiling again. "...My room is this way," she says, indicating another door, but waiting for Hildegarde's signal on whether they're staying at the table or leaving it.

6. - Top - End - #1386

Hildegarde takes a moment to wrap the scarf around her neck, place the three silver pieces on Foy's table, and takes the halfling's hand to be led through. "How do I look?"

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Titan in the Playground

"Wonderful," Foy says with a smile, her half-started reaction to the coins falling away as she turns back to Hildegarde, rising to take her hand. She leads the way to a small room (an unusual thing itself, as much of Ca Estae is built by human standards) dominated mostly by a single fair-sized bed, with a single dresser and rough half-table against one wall. "This is, ah...my room," she says, swiftly stepping forwards to stuff a blouse and pair of pants into a drawer as she speaks.

8. - Top - End - #1388

Hildegarde takes a moment to admire the halfling-sized room, seeing how rare they are in general, and acts like she didn't see the sudden tidying. "This is the coziest room I've seen in months." She says, truthfully.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Titan in the Playground

"Thank you!" Foy says, smiling. "Oh, should I...sit down? For, ah, the...um, footrub," she trails off a bit, seeming unsure as to just how much actual footrubbing is planned.

10. - Top - End - #1390

"Please do." Hildegarde feels it would be rather cad-like to gesture to Foy's own bed, so she doesn't. "Once we're done, do let me know if you have any other aches that need seeing to." She smiles over at her fellow halfling.

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Titan in the Playground

Foy nods, and sits down on her bed, pulling off her shoes and socks with a bit of hurry...

---

As Hildegarde leaves, making sure to give Foy a last view of her giving the scarf a soft pat as she positions it around her neck, she finds Waldrada not far from the house, looking a bit sheepish as she emerges. The dwarf looks at her but says nothing, though she clearly expects a conversation in a few moments, when Hildegarde comes closer.

12. - Top - End - #1392

Hildegarde does the utterly unexpected and approaches Waldrada. "Good morning. I think I'm beginning to understand your concerns about your scouting ability."

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Titan in the Playground

Waldrada coughs as Hildegarde approaches, then frowns, clearly surprised by what she says. "Um, well..." she says, then sighs. "Thanks. For helping me out there," the dwarf pauses, and smiles. "Though it seems like you ended up enjoying yourself doing it, in the end."

14. - Top - End - #1394

"I did not do it on anyone's behalf." Hildegarde corrects Waldrada. "And you still need to apologize. Purchase something appropriate as a token of apology."

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Titan in the Playground

Waldrada nods. "I've got some things, with the caravan. I don't take them scouting, but they're nice. I could give her something from there," she says. "I'm glad you were there, though. I think it...I think things are better, for everyone involved, since you were."

16. - Top - End - #1396

Hildegarde nods. "You should come with me to scout the route."

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Titan in the Playground

"For the caravan?" Waldrada asks, and seems ready to speak again before pausing, and frowning. "Oh. Well, probably a good idea."

Waldrada follows Hildegarde's lead through, then out of, Ca Estae. They go along the main road first, but leave it behind as the fields and occasional hut end, the last fences and coppiced trees fading into the distance as they head into the trees. Moving along more quietly, so as to get the drop on anything looking to get the drop on the caravan, they find nothing waiting to lead out at a passing traveler.

Hildegarde and Waldrada are about an hour and a half out from Ca Estae as the shapes of what the dwarves scout confirmes are her caravan appear at the edge of their vision, moving along the road.