New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Banned

Default Re: Dark Matter scyfy series

Quote Originally Posted by JadedDM View Post
    Spoiler: S3E9 - Isn’t That a Paradox?
    Show
    So, now we know when Dark Matter takes place. About 600 years in the future, so sometime in the 2600s.

And now the Raza has a blink drive again. But only for emergencies. Should be interesting to see how they use it.

Looks like their mirror counterparts are up to no good again, too.
    Show
    I enjoyed the reveal, since prior to this point I don't think we had any concrete evidence that we were set in our own future, and not in a Star Wars-esque different galaxy that happens to have independently developed a dominant human-looking race.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xyril View Post
    Show
    I enjoyed the reveal, since prior to this point I don't think we had any concrete evidence that we were set in our own future, and not in a Star Wars-esque different galaxy that happens to have independently developed a dominant human-looking race.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, it was established that Terra Prime (Earth) exists and there have been lots and lots of Star Wars sequels in previous episodes.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, it was established that Terra Prime (Earth) exists and there have been lots and lots of Star Wars sequels in previous episodes.
    Hrm, I'm hoping those were brief mentions that it was perfectly reasonable for me to miss. Hate to think that my multi-tasking approach to watching this series isn't working as well as I believed.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Hmph. I'm not a big fan of Star Trek IV-esque visits to Earth of the past, since they come off as a bit hokey. Didn't love this episode.

I think that dog Two was petting is the actress' dog in RL. She frickin' loves dogs.

Note: Dwarf Star Technologies has a home base on Terra Prime. Two was "grown" there.
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2017-07-31 at 02:07 AM.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, we learned Earth still exists in S2E4, because that's where Dwarf Star is based, as Giggling Ghast mentioned. Previous to that episode, there was some debate around here whether Earth was still around or what may have happened to it.

But it was way back in season 1 (I forgot the exact episode), that Star Wars 36 was mentioned. This sparked some conversation on how far into the future the show took place, but it was hard to say for sure, because Five called SW36 a 'classic' which implies it was already fairly old by that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggling Ghast
    I think that dog Teo was petting is the actress' dog in RL. She frickin' loves dogs.
    I immediately remembered you mentioning that before when I saw the scene with her and the dog. I have a feeling Melissa O'Neil was not acting during that scene.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

My favorite moments were Six riding a bicycle, because it is funny watching the actor trying to act like he doesn't know how to ride a bike; the gang attending a community party, and the relationships selected: Two and Three, Six and Android, and Five the goth kid of Two and Three. It's funny. Then there were the three kids, which made it feel like a bit from "Granite Flats" show had crept in. Or maybe that bit is being read into it.

There was of course the hacking android did. You know what I am talking about.

(Can add spoilers if someone feels it is necessary)
    Blog Read and Comment! I use green for joking and Blue for sarcasm.
    Published two Kindle Books on Amazon, both are 99 cents. Ask Me about them!

My First Let's Play -- Temporary Haitus (I plan to get back to it eventually)
    (Yes, I happen to despise Game of Thrones, and the Book Series it is based on. I am Team Wight/Other. Kill all those humans!)

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

If I were named Apple, I might be a goth kid too.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Having checked Melissa O'Neil's twitter, I can confirm that was her "dog baby." Her words, not mine.
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2017-07-31 at 02:11 AM.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by russdm View Post
    My favorite moments were Six riding a bicycle, because it is funny watching the actor trying to act like he doesn't know how to ride a bike; the gang attending a community party, and the relationships selected: Two and Three, Six and Android, and Five the goth kid of Two and Three. It's funny. Then there were the three kids, which made it feel like a bit from "Granite Flats" show had crept in. Or maybe that bit is being read into it.

There was of course the hacking android did. You know what I am talking about.

(Can add spoilers if someone feels it is necessary)
    My favorite part was the "What is football?"

"A team sport that was revered in this era. Its popularity rivaled that of esports and Quiddich"

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    My favorite part was the "What is football?"

"A team sport that was revered in this era. Its popularity rivaled that of esports and Quiddich"
    And the answer... "Get out of here"
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

Some new revelations:

Spoiler: S3E10
    Show
    Android was originally named Suki (Why would a white Android based on a British white woman have a Japanese name, though? Kind of odd.) Also, Android was originally created to house her creator's consciousness, but the doctor couldn't go through with it.

Portia's closeness with Android was more than just her relating to a fellow artificial lifeform. She was lovers with the woman Android was based on.

We got to see how Portia became captain of the Raza (via Klingon promotion).

Sarah is an android now, and no longer on the Raza. Victor might possibly be evil?

12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Are we sure it's not Sookie?
    A father taken by time, a brother dead by my own hand.
    With this work behold my grief, in Stone and shifting sand.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

I guess it's possible. I just assumed it was Suki, but since you brought it up, I tried looking it up. Conflicting answers. Joseph Mallozzi calls her Suki, but Zoie Palmer calls her Sukie. So I'm not sure.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I recall someone mentioning that it felt like they were getting away from the Amnesia that the show started with. There is no escape from the memories. Apparently they had something really important to do just before they got wiped at the start of the series. Whoops. All of Android's memory scenes were good though, as well as the end with Three. Hot chocolate > whiskey.

Last thought, don't mess with the Android around Five.

Some new revelations:

Spoiler
    Show
    Victor might possibly be evil?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I still think Victor is the most untrustworthy person that has never screwed over anyone on the Raza, so I'm not sure this is a revelation. Spoilering this only because he's so obviously untrustworthy, the knowledge that he doesn't screw them over could be a spoiler.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Halfling in the Playground

GnomePirate

Hey y'all! I hover around these forums mostly for DMing help... but I'm also an actor and played the former captain of the Raza who Portia killed in the Android's flashback. Fun fact... character's name is Shrike, who Adrian mentioned back in episode 3 of this season.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

Some new revelations:

Spoiler: S3E10
    Show
    Android was originally named Suki (Why would a white Android based on a British white woman have a Japanese name, though? Kind of odd.) Also, Android was originally created to house her creator's consciousness, but the doctor couldn't go through with it.

Portia's closeness with Android was more than just her relating to a fellow artificial lifeform. She was lovers with the woman Android was based on.

We got to see how Portia became captain of the Raza (via Klingon promotion).

Sarah is an android now, and no longer on the Raza. Victor might possibly be evil?
    Spoiler: Two/Portia's Personality
    Show

One of the things that struck me as weird was that we learn more about Two's past, but I don't think this interlude fits her character arc.

Before this, I think the general idea was Rebecca breaks free of Dwarf Star, lives on the streets, becomes a criminal and general amoral badass. She's easily one of the worst people on the Raza before she loses her memory.

Now she breaks free of Dwarf Star, gets picked up by the Doctor, lives in peace and bliss and romance, then leaves and becomes a criminal and general amoral badass while being with a simulacrum of her lover. Seems weird to me that she loses her moral compass given what we know now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogozhin View Post
    Hey y'all! I hover around these forums mostly for DMing help... but I'm also an actor and played the former captain of the Raza who Portia killed in the Android's flashback. Fun fact... character's name is Shrike, who Adrian mentioned back in episode 3 of this season.
    Cool! How was getting your butt kicked by Melissa O'Neil?

Edit: Were a fan of the show before getting casted?
    Last edited by Joran; 2017-08-07 at 04:09 PM.

17. - Top - End - #287

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post

Cool! How was getting your butt kicked by Melissa O'Neil?

Edit: Were a fan of the show before getting casted?
    Haha! It was super fun. Melissa is an amazing actor and a a very nice person. The fight directors were great (as is Melissa's stunt person, who helped with the butt kicking). Really the whole time was awesome. It was a very easy set to walk on to.

And I had never seen the show before I auditioned, but watched the 1st episode before I went in and have been a fan ever since!

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Rogozhin View Post
    Hey dude!

Too bad you only got the one scene, but at least the character had a cool name. I kinda wonder why he hated Portia so much.
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2017-08-07 at 09:44 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289

GnomePirate

Quote Originally Posted by Giggling Ghast View Post
    Hey dude!

Too bad you only got the one scene, but at least the character had a cool name. I kinda wonder why he hated Portia so much.
    Indeed! If I'm incredibly lucky they could choose to do more flashbacks next season... or he could cone back to life? Not likely though... in truth this is the right size role for me at the moment as I'm just breaking into film & TV.

And we talked about why they dislike each other so much. We figure it's simply that Shrike is an angry, strong willed man, and Portia is smarter than him and unwilling to folliw his command; she constantly second guesses him and he's had enough.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

So who wants to bet money that ...

Spoiler
    Show
    ... we haven't seen the last of the aliens? That was probably their main entrance into the Dark Matter dimension, but it might not have been their only way in.

And for that matter, what are the odds that Two will actually execute Ryo Ishida? My money is on Five and Six suddenly barging in and proposing they wipe his memory.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

So who wants to bet money that ...

Spoiler
    Show
    And for that matter, what are the odds that Two will actually execute Ryo Ishida? My money is on Five and Six suddenly barging in and proposing they wipe his memory.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Judging by the title of next ep, and the comments about spoilers in the next week preview, I'm guessing Ryo isn't dead yet. Plus the scene just faded to black with no gunshot.

Personally, I really liked the new software update wizard, and I wonder when that's going to tie into their other storylines again. With the coup and the program's comments at the same time, I wondered if Zairon was being taken over by the machines for a moment. All in all, they're doing a poor job of planning for the future.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Software update wizard? You've lost me.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

Software update wizard? You've lost me.
    He popped up to guide the android through the upgrade process. Not-Chase.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Ooooh. The wizard part confused me. That's a totally different sci-fi franchise.
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2017-08-22 at 01:56 AM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: S3E13 - Nowhere to Go
    Show
    Like the two season finales before it, this one is left on a huge cliffhanger.

Where did Portia take Three? Can they get that alien out of Two? Did Six survive the explosion (it's possible he was zapped to another time or dimension)? Will Ryo redeem himself? And how will they stop the black ships?

But perhaps most importantly, will there be a season 4?

26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Spoiler: S3E13 - Nowhere to Go
    Show
    Like the two season finales before it, this one is left on a huge cliffhanger.

Where did Portia take Three? Can they get that alien out of Two? Did Six survive the explosion (it's possible he was zapped to another time or dimension)? Will Ryo redeem himself? And how will they stop the black ships?

But perhaps most importantly, will there be a season 4?

Spoiler
    Show
    Didn't expect Traugott to be so tricky! But I guess they fooled Mikkei into testing the white hole generator before.

Yeah, as soon as that scientist ordered the guard out of the room, I suspected the Dark Matter aliens were plotting something. I guess they've given up on infiltration and are going for straight sabotage.

Those ships are massive. Although there is still that second white hole generator ....

Still no word on Season 4. I'll be put out if Dark Matter gets cancelled and Killjoys gets renewed. Besides the difference in tone and the respective sci-fi settings, I don't see any effort by anyone on Killjoys to engage the fans, unlike DM's cast. (In fact, they put in more work promoting Killjoys than the people on friggin' Killjoys.)
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2017-08-27 at 05:20 AM.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Any idea whether they're going to release this series on DVD over here in the UK?

So far I've picked up both seasons of Killjoys because it's available in the shops to buy, so far not seen any season of Dark Matter having been released yet!

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

Also, was anyone else reminded of Stargate SG-1 with that ending?

Spoiler
    Show
    The black ships emerging from the rift reminded me a lot of the Ori ships emerging from the Supergate.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Also, was anyone else reminded of Stargate SG-1 with that ending?

Spoiler
    Show
    The black ships emerging from the rift reminded me a lot of the Ori ships emerging from the Supergate.
    Yeah, I did sort of think about that. Though the circumstances are somewhat different; in SG, the "good guys" were standing by with a fleet ready to face the Ori.
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2017-08-27 at 01:22 PM.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

On the chance anyone here wants to put a little pressure on SyFy, here's a page where you can provide viewer feedback.

http://www.syfy.com/feedback
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2017-08-27 at 07:30 PM.