New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: [IC] Your lot in life - a D&D5 game of random characters

Rorshak also follows the guards, sticking to the disgruntled guard's side just to be a pest. Pretending to be all buddy buddy with him now.

Once the mayor is done speaking, Rorshak interjects "Earthquakes? What vile cultists think they can just harm the earth all willy-nilly?! And just for some monsters and an old god? But this does seem highly sketchy, even for me."

Roshak does seem slightly distressed but remains stoic. "Don't believe I've ever heard of such a thing as the vale of the winds." He says to the rest of the adventurers.

He turns to his new "best friend guard" and whispers "So is she okay in the head? Obviously she's hurt, but she's not making much sense. Your loving mayor wants us to go on a wild goose chase?"

He then turns back to the mayor, "I digress, I would be happy to try and help, if the coin is as good as you say ma'am."
    ======

Rorshak still seems highly suspicious of the whole excursion so he'll take it a little bit at a time, see where this road may lead him, only for the sole fact that these so called cultists could be interfering with nature just to summon some creepy god that could ultimately only want to see the world crumble.
    Spoiler: Currently Made Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

Aelar followed guards to mayor's place. Inside was warm and cozy, what was a welcome change after being in rain for entire morning. Young elf only didn't appreciated all this mud on the floor. Still it wasn't his problem. His problem was feelings what a true merchant shall avoid as fire: pity, sympathy and desire to help.
    ====
    Elf checks mayor's skin paleness, severity of breathing condition, any visible external wounds, etc. with his superior elven eyesight and tries to draw conclusion about mayor's condition upon this information*. If able he will try to ask healers a question or two about her current condition.

Upon hearing Ondria's question, Aelar quietly shares his knowledge about Vale of Winds* with her, only stopping for a moment to add his question on top of stoic woman's ones, "And how large is reward you mentioned before? After all what is may appear big for halfling may be much smaller for the elf no offense intended, ma'am.";

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    *Already rolled at OOC thread.
    Last edited by Cyber; 2018-01-19 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Changing few phrases
    "Care you no more for your own world, Avatar?"

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

“That does not answer any of my questions! You for yourself say that these cultists awakened an evil god and summoned monsters, so why can’t you give us more details? You seems to have saw it first hand. If you don’t think we have a chance with a fight against the cult, than we need more information, not less! Why can’t we fight them? Why are they so unbeatable? What are these monsters you speak of? We aren’t going to chase after some phantasmal to fulfill your delusions! Explain to us the situation!”

After that she turns to the guards while awaiting for the answer.
    “Do you all truly know nothing of this matter? Your mayor got nearly killed by something, did any of you see who or what did that?”

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Me as a person is not actually nearly this angry at the mayor, quite the contrary really, I feel very worried for her. Bogdana would respond with frustration before sympathy though.
    Last edited by Requilac; 2018-01-19 at 11:24 AM.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

My D&D 5e Homebrew Content

The Necronomicon. An >30 Page Cthulhu Mythos Supplement

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!

4. - Top - End - #34

RogueGuy

The weakened Halfling woman faints from her wounds, failing to answer Bogdana’s questions.

The few surviving guards are not able to offer much more information. “It was all very sudden, no one had seen these cultists before and when we heard of them it was but too late.” Says one guard.

They can pin-point on a map the location of the earthquake, to the west.

Our mayor had a vision of it and we went hastily to investigate. But we were caught in an ambush. I didn’t even see any of the enemies. We were just being slaughtered out there.” Another guard adds.

They don’t seem to be withholding information, they simply don’t have it. With the mayor unconscious and in need of rest, you are led out of the manor. If you accept the quest, the guards wish you luck on your journey.

Spoiler: Places to go
    Show
    map of the world

Your current location: Y2 – Everfroth.

Places to go:

U2 – investigate the earthquake location for clues the guards could have missed. This is dangerously close to the Hobgoblin city of Umgrummund.

W4 – travel to Danradis, considered a city of knowledge, where one of the scholars at their library might have relevant information.

Spoiler: Aelar
    Show
    You’ve traded spell components with an Aaracokra once, a member of the bird-people of the south. The bird-folk had with him a particularly interesting set of floating stones and when you inquired more he only replied: “The vale of winds is filled with wonderful things”.

Add another location to travel to:

P-18, CheekBone Nest, home of the bird-folk Aaracokra, who have a natural bond to the elemental plane of air.

Spoiler: map symbols
    Show
    Map symbols:

_ _ _ (roads) You take 5 days to travel through roads.

...... (trails) It takes 10 days to travel trough trails.

Empty squares are wilderness and it takes 15 days to travel through.

(wavy symbol in the water): there’s a maritime route and you can book passage on a ship. Travel by ship takes 1 day per square.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"So we're looking for a mythical place that we don't even know exists, and a mythical artifact within that we also don't even know exists? Great..."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by theasl View Post
    "So we're looking for a mythical place that we don't even know exists, and a mythical artifact within that we also don't even know exists? Great..."
    We're doing a great deed. Great deeds don't come easy, Ija says.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37

BardGuy

"I wouldn't be able live with myself (well no I would hehe) If i didn't at least try to investigate. Umm what say you all? Seems to me the best choice is to take a short trip to the near city of Danradis. We can possibly find what information we seek. A week by boat, two by road."

He starts to head outside of the manor and wait for the other adventurers to see what they may have in mind. He definitely seems like the type that could just take off without a minutes notice but for some reason he seems like this may pay off in the end.
    Last edited by GideonBurkheart; 2018-01-20 at 03:19 AM.
    Spoiler: Currently Made Characters
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

“Great deed?” Bogdana scoffs at Ija “hate to break this too you, but playing some “pretty” music from a probably non-existent flute to banish off an army of demons isn’t going to do anyone any good. It is probably best if we address this though. Or pass the problem to people that are better equipped. Rorshak seemed to be on to something, oddly enough, Why don’t we to take the road to Danradis and make sure they are informed about this matter? From the sounds of it, we can’t handle that monstrous army alone, we need more help. And where there are scholars there are typically wizards. Wizards that can banish things, create storms and chuck boulders with their mind. It’s best if we let a better equipped force handle this, because even in the off chance that the flute were to be real, I doubt we would have enough time to play it before we were slaughtered by these things. Does that sound fair”
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

My D&D 5e Homebrew Content

The Necronomicon. An >30 Page Cthulhu Mythos Supplement

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Responding to the dwarf, Ondria says, "Sure. If we're actually going to be doing this, I guess it'd be best to get as much information as we can get." Ondria isn't used to this kind of scouting, but she's sure it'll be useful, one way or another.
    Last edited by theasl; 2018-01-20 at 03:37 PM.