New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [thelastorphan] Skulls and Shackles IC

Uzo

Massaging his wrists and ankles, the monkey goblin looked up at the mast. 'Aye Mista Plugg.' He muttered.

Back in the shipyard he was usually the one to hammer in the last few wedges, nails, or whatever his master deemed fit. It's trickier when your fellow wrights decide to litter the netting with needles. In the case of the Wormwood: Uzo thought it very unlikely such antics would arise.

Putting his trust in the cantankerous crewman, Uzo waved some luck to his cellmates and scurried to and up the ratlines.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Climbing speed of 30 ft.
    +14
    Take 10
    Total: 24 for each result.
    ~ Piccadilly Pineapple

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Kawa balked at the order, looking both at Plugg, then at the enormous mast. "You're kidding me right? We had better be getting breakfast after this bull... can't even remember the last time i ate..."

Without so much as waiting for a reply, or giving Plugg a chance to lash out, Kawa stepped towards the mast,fidgiting her arms around and thighs around the mast, carefully attempting to pull herself up...

((Since she doesn't have her gear, the -4 ACP does not apply. so +3 climb.))

(1d20+3)[20]
    (1d20+3)[21]
    (1d20+3)[9]

... And doing pretty well! She was never able to quite catch up to the goblin, which made sense given his size and extra limb, but she held well on her own, Climbing up and reaching the nest with relative ease and quickness, her strong legs proving able in keeping her body stable as she inched her way up. Going back down however proved significantly more difficult, as the Hobgoblin's thigh slipped almost half way back down the mast. Kawa's body tensed up and a shriek escaped her throat, as gravity finally grabbed hold of her, causing the hobgoblin to violently tumble down to the deck, landing with a sickening "THUD" onto the planks of the ship.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2018-01-09 at 07:20 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

The mermaid remains where she is, looking up at her agile and strong fellow abductees. She is impressed by them so far, and while everyone is looking at the climbing, she briefly considers trying to leap overboard to escape. However, she dismisses the idea as she doubts she can make it past everyone, as slow as she is on land. And secondly, she still doesn't seem to want to abandon these other poor souls with her.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Ax, with his joints still sore, hobbled over to the crows nest in order to begin to climb. Before starting, though, he turned to the mermaid and asked "How did you not escape? You're a fish!"
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2018-01-15 at 06:24 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Meri turns and looks at the Strix. "I don't move so quickly unless I'm in water. And there's a lot of them." she deadpans.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Okay, be astounded and amazed as I fail to even get halfway to. Firvi says with a bow before grabbing the pole of the nest.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

(1d20-2)[0]
    (1d20-2)[11]
    (1d20-2)[13]

Firvi wraps her legs around the pole and grabs, with a grunt and straining her minisucle muscles she fails to even go anywhere.
    Last edited by The Shadowmind; 2018-01-17 at 11:02 AM.
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground

Uzo

The goblin looked back at Kawa during his ascent, watching the hobgoblin's unfortunate descent.

'Don't go breakin' ya head now!' He chirped at her.

She'll be fine... I think.
    ~ Piccadilly Pineapple

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

"Are you alright, miss?" Meri asks the frail human woman who looks even weaker than herself, to Meri's amazement.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Firvi gives up her fruitless struggle with the nest. Her roles up the clothing on her sleeve, showing her tiny bony arms. These things are made for threading a needle to kept your intestines in, not for climbing.
    Last edited by The Shadowmind; 2018-01-17 at 07:13 PM.
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Ignoring the others for a moment, Ax attempts to climb to the crow's nest.

Spoiler: Climb
    Show
    (1d20+8)[23]