New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: The Generic Campaign IC

Amsterdam was overwhelmed by this beauty. More than once he caught himself that he wanted to break one of these flowers just to smell it (and drop it afterwards). He didn't find that this would be the best idea. He didn't want to make their host angry.

Instead he kept his hands close to his body. no flowers, no girls, no anything. Just eat, sleep, leave! he thought. He felt uncomfortable.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Banned

"Relax, man. I know, new situations make me nervous too. It's gonna be okay."

Lissa raised an eyebrow at the dwarf, but it wasn't as though there was a chance of intermixing there. Elves and dwarves just weren't compatible the way that humans were with, well, with almost everything. Rather than the sparring rings she'd sometimes seen the elves set up to test their skill at arms - Arianna would have loved that - they had instead elected on an Elven Handball pitch. Lissa couldn't remember the rules but it didn't seem that the carefree players were observing them at all, let alone faithfully, anyway. There was one thing she remembered of Elven Handball, though...

ILIADRE'S ELVEN GRACE MADE HER MORE THAN A MATCH FOR LISSA AT PASSING, CATCHING, AND DODGING, BUT THE HUMAN HAD A LEVEL OF DETERMINATION THAT MADE HER HARD TO EQUAL, AND A QUICKNESS IN MAKING DECISIONS WHICH WAS HER UNIQUE HUMAN TRAIT. ILIADRE LOVED THAT ABOUT HUMANS - ALL ELVES WERE GRACEFUL AND FRAIL, ALL DWARVES STOCKY AND GRUFF, BUT HUMANS COULD BE ANYTHING. YOU NEVER KNEW WHAT YOU WOULD GET. LISSA WAS OFTEN INVITED TO THE ELVEN CAMP - FOR SOME REASON ILIADRE COULDN'T FATHOM, LISSA NEVER EVEN SEEMED TO CONSIDER BREAKING THE RULES AGAINST INTERMIXING, AND HAD FOUGHT TOOTH AND NAIL AGAINST ANY MAN WHO TRIED.

DISTRACTED AS SHE WAS, ILIADRE TRIPPED OVER MEJARELA'S LEG. THE OTHER ELF YELPED, BUT CAUGHT HERSELF, BUT ILIADRE STUMBLED, GRABBED FOR SOMETHING TO STOP HER FALL, FOUND SOMETHING, REALISED THAT SOMETHING WAS ABOUT TO FALL ONTO HER, AND THEN CONCLUDED THAT SHE'D PROBABLY GRABBED MEJARELA AND DRAGGED HER DOWN ONTO HER.

SHE HADN'T. SHE'D GRABBED LISSA.

LISSANDRA STORMVALE COLLAPSED ONTO ILIADRE LA'AVILLIRA WITH A RESOUNDING THUMP. "OH! I'M SO SORRY! ARE YOU OKAY, ILIADRE?"
    "IT'S MY FAULT, LISSA. AND I'M FINE."
    "OH, I'M GLAD YOU'RE ALL RIGHT."

LISSA GOT A VIEW OF THE BEAUTIFUL ELF FOR THE FIRST TIME, AND AS SHE DID, HER HEART POUNDED. SHE WAS ON TOP OF ILIADRE, WHICH PREVENTED HER FROM GETTING UP OR ESCAPING THE HUMAN'S GRIP. AND SHE WAS HOLDING HER. HOLDING HER TIGHT.

"LISSA? ARE YOU OKAY? YOU DIDN'T HIT YOUR HEAD, DID YOU?"
    ONLY MY HEART. "I'M SORRY, ILIADRE. I JUST..."

SHE LEANED TOWARDS THE ELF, AND ILIADRE PUSHED HER AWAY GENTLY. "LISSA! WHAT'S GOT INTO YOU!"

PEOPLE MIGHT THINK YOU'RE LIKE ONE OF THOSE PERVERTS WHO...

LISSA BLUSHED. "ILIADRE, I'M SORRY. I JUST NEED TO SIT DOWN FOR A WHILE."

SHE GOT UP, AND THE ELVES RESUMED THEIR GAME, BUT IT WAS A MORE MOURNFUL AFFAIR. LISSA FELT AWFUL FOR ROBBING THEM OF THEIR JOY, AND WHEN MEJARELA CAME OVER TO OFFER HER SOME COMFORT, SHE SIMPLY WEPT, KNOWING THAT SHE WAS BEGINNING TO FALL FOR HER AS WELL AS SHE HAD FALLEN FOR ILIADRE, ALBEIT NOT AS LITERALLY.

Ugh, Iliadre was almost after my blood for that, when I finally told her what exactly had come over me. I only pray that she's moved on, whether physically or mentally. I left without being quite sure what she thought of me.

"Well, come on everyone. Let's introduce ourselves." Where in the exalted blazes is El? He'd better have told them we were gonna show up.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

Arianna frowned as they stepped into the clearing, particularly when she saw the dwarf. What in the name of Tempus is this? she thought to herself. Do southerners really care so little for their survival that they can waste time on such...frivolity? The beauty of the place impressed Arianna not the slightest. Her eye immediately sought the best avenues of attack and defense, and she cast an appraising eye towards the combat abilities of those around, with little pleasure. This place would offer no challenge, she thought, unless somehow they are all shamans.

Stepping forward behind Lissa, Arianna kept one hand near her sword. "This magic place?" she asked softly. "Is very...strange. This...what is word...game? Game strange. No fighting, try survive. Is, what is word, live...living? Living...Is living no care?"
    One of my players: "I hate you. I spent like...3 hours pouring over lists of items for bards. Reading, learning, analyzing, trying to improve my knowledge of the game, as I have a major decision coming up. You know what I decided after all of this? Vest of Resistance +3. Simply because you are that evil. No Cloak of Charisma, no Bardic Music enhancers. NOPE. VEST OF RESISTANCE."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WesleyVos View Post
    Arianna frowned as they stepped into the clearing, particularly when she saw the dwarf. What in the name of Tempus is this? she thought to herself. Do southerners really care so little for their survival that they can waste time on such...frivolity? The beauty of the place impressed Arianna not the slightest. Her eye immediately sought the best avenues of attack and defense, and she cast an appraising eye towards the combat abilities of those around, with little pleasure. This place would offer no challenge, she thought, unless somehow they are all shamans.

Stepping forward behind Lissa, Arianna kept one hand near her sword. "This magic place?" she asked softly. "Is very...strange. This...what is word...game? Game strange. No fighting, try survive. Is, what is word, live...living? Living...Is living no care?"
    Are you okay? Bria asks. You seem really tense.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

5. - Top - End - #95
    Banned

"This magic place? Is very...strange. This...what is word...game? Game strange. No fighting, try survive. Is, what is word, live...living? Living...Is living no care?

"This is druid place. Many druids here. We stay here tonight - safe with many druids. Maybe druids will help us find Wand of Cursing. If not help, we go magic wizard place tomorrow. Elves play game because they so strong they not need to get stronger. They like play game. Challenge skill and speed." Lissa tried to keep her explanation simple for the barbarian. "Ari not need sword. Druids have much magic power. Druids give us place to stay, but Ari and Lissa and Bria must not be with elf men at night and he," she gestured, though it was obvious who, "Must not be with elf women at night."

"Or at least that was the rule when I was last here," she added, mostly for the benefit of those whom she thought might actually understand the intricacies of tense and context.

"Are you okay? You seem really tense?"

"Some people don't handle new situations well, Bria. We get nervous. I know it's silly, but sometimes I'm more scared of meeting new people than of fighting sometimes. I was nervous around you two, before I got used to you."

6. - Top - End - #96

I suppose... Bria says. I don't really get it, though. I mean, I don't want to say your concerns aren't valid! Or anything like that, I mean, just... I don't have that issue personally.

Show
    Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

Arianna follows Lissa's explanation and, for a wonder, understands most of it. She moves her hand from her sword. "So all shaman, like you," she asserts. "No understand 'already strong.' In north, everything kill. Always stronger, something. Bear, cold, ice, yes? Care living, no games." She shrugs. "We stay here, yes. No...man? No ride?" She shrugs. "No strong here, no ride." Responding to Bria, Arianna nods. "Is strange place. Word...tense?
    Yes, tense. Much magic, no strength. Danger."
    One of my players: "I hate you. I spent like...3 hours pouring over lists of items for bards. Reading, learning, analyzing, trying to improve my knowledge of the game, as I have a major decision coming up. You know what I decided after all of this? Vest of Resistance +3. Simply because you are that evil. No Cloak of Charisma, no Bardic Music enhancers. NOPE. VEST OF RESISTANCE."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Banned

"I suppose... I don't really get it, though. I mean, I don't want to say your concerns aren't valid! Or anything like that, I mean, just... I don't have that issue personally."

"Then you're the lucky one, I guess." Lissa smiled: she liked Bria's good nature and desire to understand others.

"So all shaman, like you. No understand 'already strong.' In north, everything kill. Always stronger, something. Bear, cold, ice, yes? Care living, no games. We stay here, yes. No...man? No ride? No strong here, no ride."

Lissa relaxed, the use of the word "Ride" implied that Arianna had no idea how to talk about the concepts that she was expressing but also that she understood what Lissa had been implying. It suddenly dawned on Lissa that she had been treating the barbarian like an idiot but Arianna was probably actually more intelligent than her. It wasn't Arianna's fault that they spoke different languages, and Lissa hadn't even attempted to learn Arianna's. She felt like a bigot and a fool, and considered this a moment. She distracted herself from this by answering Ari's other question.

"Druid magic get animals. Make animals. Friend animals. I friend Silverfang, snake, yes? Druids friend bear or wolf or snake. Animals not attack druid. Cold, we make fire. Or we hold friend bear close. Surviving not hard. Not take much time. Use time for other things. Enjoy life."

She just hoped that Arianna wouldn't try to fight any of the elves, now that her initial concern that she might try to bed one was over. Still, she was a little ashamed of herself. She resolved to learn the barbarian's language as soon as she got the chance, although even learning the druidic language had given her difficulties.

She then fully comprehended Arianna's implication that she only slept with strong people, and it took all of Lissa's considerable restraint not to swear. I should have worked harder in the fields... ah, what am I thinking! It's not like it would be right for us to be together anyway!

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

Cheers erupt from the field. The group of players all come together and embrace in a large group hug. And keep hugging.

In the tangle of embraces, an Elf notices the party standing in the open. She wiggles free from the group hug and steps towards the party. Lissa recognizes the Elf as Mejarela.

With a stern look, Mejarela yells out to the party. “Identify yourselves intruders!”

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

"Druid magic get animals. Make animals. Friend animals. I friend Silverfang, snake, yes? Druids friend bear or wolf or snake. Animals not attack druid. Cold, we make fire. Or we hold friend bear close. Surviving not hard. Not take much time. Use time for other things. Enjoy life."

Arianna frowned at this first part. "Friend...animals?" she asked, as though the concept were foreign to her. "Friend...is, uh, ride?" She raised an eyebrow. "No, no," she corrected herself. What is this word, "friend?" she thought. It's not seksikumppani. That makes no sense. Puoliso? No, can't be that either. Perhe, maybe? No, that is "family." She thought through the context again. Ah! It's ystävä! Smiling, she nodded. "Friend good. Friend animals, good. But other not-friend animals, yes? Danger. North cold, danger." She pantomimed shivering, then pointed to a bit of black leather on her armor, then her fingers and toes. "Cold danger." she repeated. "North make strong," she concluded, proudly.

As the elf steps forward and shouts, Arianna barely restrains herself from charging the woman. She contented with a shout in her own language, "Näytä kunnioitettava shamaani, eteläheittäjä!" which she then followed with one in theirs, "You respect!" Then, thinking belatedly that she might have gone too far (as it was apparent she had done with that simpering elf back in the city), she looked to Lissa for confirmation.
    Last edited by WesleyVos; 2018-01-20 at 10:05 AM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

Mejarela stops and looks to Arianna. "Tulet taloni, kunnioitat minua! Tunnistaudu!" she calls back without missing a beat.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

Arianna brightens in delight at the sound of her own tongue. She gives the briefest of nods to the elf, then says, "Olen Arianna, pohjoisen Karhujalan päällikön tytär, Tempus-palvelija, että hänen nimensä olisi koskaan siunattu. Pyydän lupaa suojata katon alle ja jakaa tulen." She turns to the others. "Tämä on Lissa, loistava shamaani ja käärme ystävä ja Bria, myös shamaani. Ja tämä on Amsterdam, joka matkustaa kanssamme. Kunnioitan talosi." Turning back to the elf, Arianna spits on the ground at her feet.

Spoiler: Translation
    Show
    I am Arianna, daughter of the chieftan of the Bear Tribe of the north, servant of Tempus, may his name be ever blessed. I ask leave to shelter under your roof and share your fire. This is Lissa, great shaman and snake-friend, and Bria, also a shaman. And this is Amsterdam, who travels with us. I respect your house."
    Last edited by WesleyVos; 2018-01-20 at 11:37 AM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Banned

Lissa steps up the language game one level further. "Is mise druid agus caraid!" I am a druid and a friend! She blurted out before realising that the two already understood each other. She indicated Arianna. "Tha i bhon taobh tuath, agus tha cleachdaidhean neňnach aice. Chan eil i a 'ciallachadh gu bheil thu cron sam bith!" She is from the north, and has strange customs. She does not mean you any harm!

"Meja, it's Lissa. El invited us over and said he'd be back here waiting for us. He's probably too high and forgot, though. We know the rules against mixing, but... well, you know how it is. I won't try anything with the men, you of all people know that. She... Tha i neňnach, ach cha dčan i cron sam bith fhad 'sa bhios iad a' feuchainn ri důbhlan a thoirt dhi." She's weird, but she won't do anyone any harm so long as they don't try to challenge her.

She smiled at Mejarela, and almost flinched as she got another good look at her.

"IT'S OKAY, LISSA. I UNDERSTAND."
    LISSA SOBBED SOFTLY. "I DON'T. WHY AM I LIKE THIS?"
    "SOME PEOPLE JUST ARE. HERE, COME CLOSER."
    "BUT I'LL JUST START HAVING THOUGHTS ABOUT..."
    "I KNOW. DO IT ANYWAY."

SHE DID IT ANYWAY. MEJARELA HADN'T INTERRUPTED LISSA: SHE'D TAILED OFF ON HER OWN. "THIS BURNS MY HEART."
    "GET USED TO IT. LEARN TO CONTROL IT."
    "WHAT IF I... CAN'T?"

MEJARELA'S EYES HARDENED. "THEN YOU'LL PROBABLY BE CAST OUT. YOU HAVE TO CONTROL YOUR FEELINGS, OR THEY'LL INFLUENCE YOUR ACTIONS."

LISSA GASPED. "NOT LIKE THAT! I WOULD NEVER! YOU KNOW I WANT IT SO BADLY WITH YOU, BUT I WOULDN'T..."
    "LISSA, YOU TERRIFIED ILIADRE. SHE HALF THOUGHT THAT YOU WERE GOING TO PIN HER DOWN AND START KISSING HER THERE AND THEN!"

SHE LEANED TOWARDS THE ELF, DESPERATE TO KISS HER, AND ILIADRE PUSHED HER AWAY GENTLY. LISSA RECALLED A FEAR IN HER EYES THAT SHE HADN'T NOTICED AT THE TIME "LISSA! WHAT'S GOT INTO YOU!" SHE CRIED OUT, FEAR GROWING INTO TERROR.

"OH... OH MY GOD. THAT'S WHY SHE HATES ME... NOT BECAUSE I'M... I... I HAVE TO GO... MEJA, LET ME GO..."
    MEJARELA LET GO, BUT WHISPERED, "LISSA, PLEASE DON'T GO. YOU NEED TO STAY HERE. YOU'RE ANGRY AT YOURSELF AND YOU NEED HELP."

"OF COURSE I'M ANGRY AT MYSELF! I'VE BEEN SUCH A FOOL! I THOUGHT ILIADRE HATED ME FOR WHO I AM, BUT NOW I CAN ONLY BEG HER TO FORGIVE ME."
    "I SUSPECT SHE DOES. SHE'S AS REPULSED BY YOUR NEAR-ACTION AS SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN BY A MAN'S ACTION ACTION A HUNDREDFOLD. YOU NEED TO FORGIVE EACH OTHER, ONE DAY, BUT THERE'S A DIFFERENCE IN MY BOOK BETWEEN LACK OF SELF-CONTROL AND IGNORANT HATRED." THE IRONY OF A MEMBER OF THIS COMMUNITY, WHICH MIGHTN'T HAVE ACCEPTED LISSA AT ALL IF THERE WERE ANY CHANCE THAT SHE WAS TRYING TO INTERBREED WITH THE ELVES, SAYING SUCH A THING FLEW OVER MEJARELA'S HEAD LIKE AN ARROW FIRED FROM A FINE-CRAFTED ELVEN LONGBOW IN THE HANDS OF AN INEXPERIENCED ARCHER.

"I JUST... I CAN'T SUPPRESS MY FEELINGS ALL THE TIME. I NEED TO... FIND SOMEONE ELSE WHO SHARES MY... YOU KNOW..."
    "I KNOW."
    "THERE MUST BE SOMEONE, RIGHT? MAYBE... MAYBE IT'LL JUST BE THAT THEY HAVEN'T REALISED IT YET... I NEVER REALISED IT UNTIL I KISSED MY FRIEND."

MEJARELA CONTEMPLATED THIS FOR A MOMENT. "THEN PERHAPS IF I WERE, I WOULDN'T NOTICE IT, UNLESS... HMM... LISSA?"
    "YES?"
    "KISS ME."

THE CONTEXT OF THE COMMENT AND THE ELF'S STERN FACE CONFIRMED THAT SHE WASN'T JOKING. LISSA LOCKED LIPS WITH HER, ENJOYING THE MOMENT... FOR IT WAS ONLY A MOMENT BEFORE THE ELF PULLED BACK. SHE LOOKED PALE AND FULL OF REGRET. TO LISSA, MEJARELA TASTED OF LOVE AND KINDNESS AND PURITY, BUT TO MEJA, LISSANDRA TASTED ONLY OF LIPS AND TONGUE AND MOUTH. THEIR FACES SPOKE THE REST OF THE CONVERSATION IN FRACTIONS OF AN INSTANT, AND THOUGH THEY REMAINED FRIENDS, THEY NEVER SPOKE OF IT AGAIN, NOR TRIED TO RE-ENACT IT.

Damn, what I wouldn't give to kiss her again, even if just for a moment.

"The other two are mostly harmless, too. We'll make camp in the woods if we must, but we're just looking for somewhere to stay the night, and it's not as though you haven't let it happen before. No am feum sinn rannsachadh a dhčanamh airson cearcall daonna druid, ge brith cŕite bheil iad an seusan seo?" Or will we have to search for the human circle of druids, wherever they are this season?

"Uh, incidentally, I think the spitting is a compliment."

14. - Top - End - #104

"Mostly harmless"? Should I be offended? Bria says with a light laugh. But yes, miss, we mean you and your friends no harm.

Show
    Show

Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

"Tämä on Lissa, loistava shamaani ja käärme ystävä ja Bria, myös shamaani. Ja tämä on Amsterdam, joka matkustaa kanssamme. Kunnioitan talosi."

"Lissa?!" Mejarela shrieks as she breaks into a large grin. She rushes to the party and grabs Lissa into a tight squeeze.

"The other two are mostly harmless, too. We'll make camp in the woods if we must, but we're just looking for somewhere to stay the night, and it's not as though you haven't let it happen before."

"Lissa if these are your friends, you are all as welcome to stay as long as you'd like. Mejarela replies. "I just... I just can't believe you're back. I mean... after you left, Elrond started getting moody... then Iliadre left to go find you... then a Dwarf moved in... things have just been weird since you left... enough pity talk though! I mean Lissa has come home! What do you all need? Do you need to eat? What about the rest of you?"

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    What time is it?

Aw, no, thank you. We... Just... There's this mission we have to complete, you know?! And I think we shouldn't stay here for too long...
    I feel a bit... queasy.
    Last edited by Fliggl; 2018-01-20 at 05:17 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Banned

Lissa held onto Mejarela for longer than was strictly necessary, enjoying the feeling of the elf's body against hers. Even through their clothes it felt as though she could feel her warmth.

"Wait, Iliadre left to find me? Did she... never come back?" Is she out for my blood? Lissa felt as though she was frozen, with no warmth but Meja's. She repeated the implication of her unspoken question out loud in druidic. "A bheil i fuath dhomh?" Does she hate me?

"I CAN'T ASK FOR YOUR FORGIVENESS. I CAN ONLY BEG FOR IT. ILIADRE LA'AVILLIRA, PLEASE, FOR THE SIN I HAVE COMMITTED AGAINST YOU, I PRAY TO YOU, PLEASE FORGIVE ME." SHE WAS KNELT IN FRONT OF THE ELF AS THOUGH GENUINELY IN PRAYER.
    "LISSA... I FORGIVE YOU. BUT I CAN NEVER FORGET WHAT YOU TRIED TO DO TO ME."

THEY WERE POLITE BUT FORMAL WITH EACH OTHER AFTER THAT, AND IT WAS CLEAR THAT EACH HAD DEEPLY HURT THE OTHER, BUT ONLY ONE OF THEM HAD HAD THE HUMILITY TO BEG FORGIVENESS.

"I feel a bit... queasy."

Lissa looks concerned at Amsterdam. "You... are you okay, man? You look pale. The rest of us gotta eat, but no-one's gonna argue if you wanna turn in for the night."

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Naaa, I'm good. I just want to leave this grove sooner than later

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

"I am not sure," Mejarela replies with a shrug. "She just ran off and said she needed to find you. No one bothered to ask questions, because... well you know Iliadre. Just let her do what she wants."

Mejarela looks off for a moment, her eyes wandering through the forest, as she seems to be in contemplation. She looks over to the group hug, yes it is still happening, and looks back to the party.

"I... I need to get back to the group," Mejarela finally says as she nods towards the group hug. We have our tavern and inn open. Most of the shops too. Feel free to explore the town, otherwise just check into the inn when you are ready to turn in for the night. Lissa... it is so good to see you!"

Mejarela gives Lissa a quick nod before running off to the group hug. She wraps her arm around a few Elves and nestles in.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

So... Now? What are we doing now? You know my point if view! Are we resting here, spending our time making flower necklaces or are we leaving and going to find this wand?

Ari? We go? Find No-Face?

The last words he directed towards Arianna. It wasn't his intention to split the party - he just wanted to leave. And he was in need of a flanking buddy if they find “no-face“ and Ari seemed for him to be easy to persuade.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Banned

"Okay, seriously, man, what's your problem? We're not going to reach anywhere today and I'd rather camp out in the middle of a village full of powerful, friendly spellcasters than in the middle of a field, especially since I've just learned that a powerful unfreindly spellcaster may be out for my blood and this is the last place she'll look, and especially because I'm tagging around a couple of city slickers who haven't had to survive in the wilds in their lives! If you want to go gallavanting off with your lady love," - the irony didn't so much go over her head as much as fly straight through it as though it were insubstantial - "Then fine. I'll be around to perform your last rites and get my front-liner back tomorrow."

She scowled. "Seriously, they just offered us food and a place to stay, not "Flower necklaces". What's the actual issue here?"

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

Arianna shrugged. "I stay, protect shaman. You go, I challenge." She smiled. "You want challenge now?" She cracked her knuckles and stepped forward, looking up at him with a wild look in her eyes.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

This is what you call a village?
    We're surrounded by trees. The houses are trees and the inn is also a tree! And how far could the mages guild be away? I was told it was near the city...

You are chased? Nice that you inform us. Good to know that one of my fellows is wanted! Makes work alot of easier!

You want to know what's the issue here? I'm a city dweller. I don't understand what they are saying nor do I feel comfortable between all those pointy... ahm... elves. Look at them! They are group-hugging with a dwarf! A DWARF! And you are asking what's the issue?

Show
    a few posts ago I asked what time it is. If it is late evening Amsterdam would go to bed. But I guess it's around noon?

24. - Top - End - #114
    Banned

"Yes, some people aren't human. Handle it! At least they're trying their best not to make more half-points, like the ones we've already had to deal with. And yeah, the houses are made of wood. Wood's made from trees. I don't know how to break this to you, but humans' wooden buildings are made of trees too. Just... come on. You won't catch elf-cooties. Or dwarf-cooties either for that matter. And they do speak Common. And a bunch of other languages at that. And eventually you'll have to get used to elves; why not start now?"

Lissa started to walk towards the village. "Come on. It's not that bad, I promise. Better than trying to cut through the wilds on your own."

LISSA'S HEAD SPUN. SHE DIDN'T KNOW IF SHE'D SURVIVE MUCH LONGER. SHE HAD TO GO BACK... MAYBE IF SHE GOT HOME... SHE'D GET HELP... NO, SHE... COULDN'T GO...

THWACK

HER HEAD STOPPED SPINNING AS IT COLLIDED WITH THE GROUND. SHE GROANED FOR HELP, BUT NO-ONE COULD HEAR HER. THIRST, HUNGER AND EXHAUSTION CLAIMED HER AND SHE CLOSED HER EYES, DREAMING OF A BETTER LIFE. THAT DREAM CAME TRUE VERY QUICKLY.

"OH, YOU'RE AWAKE!"
    "W...WHERE...? WHAT...? AM I...?"
    "DEAD? NO. AND I PROMISE I'LL TRY TO AVOID YOU DYING, UNLESS YOU TURN OUT TO BE A THREAT." IRONICALLY, THE SECOND HALF OF THAT SENTENCE WAS ITSELF A THREAT. LISSA SHIVERED AS THE ELF LOOKED AT HER. SHE'D NEVER SEEN ONE BEFORE, AND SHE FELT SOMEWHAT INTIMIDATED.
    "RELAX; YOU'RE GOING TO BE OKAY. WHAT'S YOUR NAME?"
    "LISSA..."
    "WELCOME TO OUR VILLAGE, LISSA. MY NAME IS ILIADRE."
    Last edited by Jormengand; 2018-01-23 at 12:45 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

redface Re: The Generic Campaign IC

Call me narrow-minded, I don't care... I'm far away from saying “this place is wrong“, it's just wrong that I am here!
    Amsterdam said. He felt uncomfortable like a druid in a dark backstreet in the capitol.

No Ari, no challange! We stay! All friends!
    The last thing he would do is to make this women angry. This challenge would be over as fast as the fight with the guards. And here in the woods would be no need of a forged poster. Nobody would ever find him.

He stood there and mumbled A simple “no“ would have been enough. This girl's too much agressive...
    Last edited by Fliggl; 2018-01-23 at 05:00 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

Show
    Sorry I missed the post from earlier. It is about 6pm. Long day, so I will post later this evening.

27. - Top - End - #117

Bria shuffles from foot to foot awkwardly, unsure of what to say or do.

Show
    Show

Show