New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [The Sprawl IC] Leviathan: Evaporation and Liquidation

Taylor
    Harm Clock: 14:59
    Precinct House 157

Taylor sets up watching from the office she's stashed in, and sets DEMENTER to page through the stock reports, chatter on different augmentation enthusiasts sites, and Popular Science issues to figure out what she can about who's running this show.

Spoiler
    Show
    Let's roll the dice one more time!
    Research
    Who owns OIB? Who's the bigwig we need to work through?
    (2d6)[7]
    Last edited by Eldest; 2017-12-21 at 10:15 PM.
    LGBTA+itP

2. - Top - End - #62
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    Taylor
    Harm Clock: 14:59
    Precinct House 157

Taylor sets up watching from the office she's stashed in, and sets DEMENTER to page through the stock reports, chatter on different augmentation enthusiasts sites, and Popular Science issues to figure out what she can about who's running this show.

Spoiler
    Show
    Let's roll the dice one more time!
    Research
    Who owns OIB? Who's the bigwig we need to work through?
    [roll0]
    OIB is run by Bellis McFerson, renowned for his short temper and dictatorial manager style. The vibe you get is that he's a techie who's been promoted out of his competence zone and expects people to behave like hardware. He's the kind who'll shut down a whole area if it annoys him - but if he feels like he's being manipulated he'll turn his ire on that instead.

Make sure he does not see you as people with an agenda is my advice. Don't appeal to his humanity, don't get on his radar at all. Just make sure that the right information comes to him and he'll make the decision.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Ibraham St-Onge, Zero Null
    Harm Clock: 12:00

Ibraham turned to Peregrine, "Let's move, pick up Taylor, see if we can end this thing." As they moved from their captives, he nodded towards them, "Oda's P.P. throwbacks will be here to round those guys up, once they are shipped to the boat, we'll get the debrief. OIB is going to have to renegotiate our contract, we just f**ked their Op." He kept moving toward's the assault vehicle that his partner had maneuvered in on, "Now let's get Taylor up to speed."

As they readied to move to downtown, Ibraham sent a quick message to his network savior;

@<hexcode>: Thanks for the save, your cut increases if you can hack the feeds on OIB camera's and data feeds that were tracking that engagement.

4. - Top - End - #64

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Prime View Post

Ibraham turned to Peregrine, "Let's move, pick up Taylor, see if we can end this thing." As they moved from their captives, he nodded towards them, "Oda's P.P. throwbacks will be here to round those guys up, once they are shipped to the boat, we'll get the debrief. OIB is going to have to renegotiate our contract, we just f**ked their Op." He kept moving toward's the assault vehicle that his partner had maneuvered in on, "Now let's get Taylor up to speed."

As they readied to move to downtown, Ibraham sent a quick message to his network savior;
    > They've got a network admin on that now and red ICE is moving around. I could wreck my Deck hitting those feeds.
    > Also I flagged a trace while messing with their comms so that is a RISKY run
    > Price for that is p astronomical [6 cred]
    > but
    > Get me a cabled login in their server room and its much easier
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2018-01-01 at 05:10 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

Peregrine grabs the last kid and, after a brief explanation, shoves him out to wait with the others. Then he shuts the hatch and heads for the office. “We’ll leave this at the office and take the truck; I’d rather not fly any more with this damage and the cops wouldn’t like it anyway.” He looks back over his shoulder. “Hey Scissorhands, you doing okay? Want me to drop you off somewhere?”
    Last edited by rooster707; 2018-01-02 at 11:40 AM.
    Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.

6. - Top - End - #66

Quote Originally Posted by rooster707 View Post
    Peregrine grabs the last kid and, after a brief explanation, shoved him out to wait with the others. Then he shuts the hatch and heads for the office. “We’ll leave this at the office and take the truck; I’d rather not fly any more with this damage and the cops wouldn’t like it anyway.” He looks back over his shoulder. “Hey Scissorhands, you doing okay? Want me to drop you off somewhere?”
    "Y-yeah," she's rummaging through her pockets until she finds a bottle of Clarify - a focusing drug - and pops one. Her jitters cool a little. "This is about you, right? I'm just collateral damage?" she says somewhat more cooly. "If that's the case you can drop me off back at my office. I'm mad that you dragged me into your crap, but you then saved my life so I'm not too mad."

7. - Top - End - #67

“Yeah... sorry about that. Things don’t usually go to **** this fast. You need anything else, let me know, okay?”
    Show
    What this guy said.

8. - Top - End - #68

Quote Originally Posted by rooster707 View Post
    “Yeah... sorry about that. Things don’t usually go to **** this fast. You need anything else, let me know, okay?”
    "No problem," she said. "Thanks,"

As much as I'd like to cause problems right now, you guys are the ones with the helicopter and the initiative. What do you do?

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Once they were in the cockpit Ibraham turned to Peregrine, "Alright, so I think this is going to have to be our play," he paused, his finger tips massaging his temples, "we've taken OIB's team out of play, they were contracted to eliminate us, we were contracted to eliminate them. A win-win for OIB, thing is their team got decimated by two guys and a drone, but we spin this right, we kill whatever new initiative they had on the books."

"We need to bring Taylor up to speed, but OIB was counting on their team taking down the three of us, so they had data packets, tracking performance, tactical nets, we get that data, we tank their next gen implants. And that's our pay day, yeah?"

10. - Top - End - #70

The pickup of Taylor is a no-stress operation; we can now transition into discussing the nature of your op.

Now, thing about blueprint-and-maps phases is that they're best done retroactively - in fact, this system is built around the idea of doing it that way rather than spending half a session calculating patrol routes or anything. That said, it is important to figure out the broad strokes of your play before you start cracking the facility, so I'll give you a few starting points.

OIB is in a commercial skyscraper, covering about five floors with unrelated corporate offices above and below. The building is in a notoriously economically unviable district, though, and as a consequence ground level security is particularly heavy. The overall vibe you get is that OIB is cutting literally any corner they can get away with, even by corporate standards - but the stuff that's mission critical will be incredibly well guarded. Comes down to the boss, you reckon - he'd as soon lose all his staff so long as the hardware remains un-jacked. Engineer thinking on defence.

You only need to decide on some broad strokes details of your plan together; don't sweat details.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Taylor
    Harm Clock: 14:55

Taylor outright glares at Ibraham. "No firebombing. It's noisy, it attracts the wrong type of attention, and it gets us remembered. All of those are bad. A distraction is fine. Hm." She blinks. "Think we can get one of the cybered kids inserted instead? Pick them up on the way out, if we can, arm him with something painful and nonlethal. Cause a ruckus, we slip in up top." She racks her brain for what DEMETER had found out about the internal surveillance of the OIB section: you'd be shocked what some of those hobby sites had on them.

Spending [intel] to know the surveillance. Is a covert insertion possible, with or without a distraction or hacking?
    Also, a note: Taylor is Compassionate. She is against extra casualties, it's both inhumane and unprofessional.
    Last edited by Eldest; 2018-01-12 at 09:28 PM.
    LGBTA+itP

12. - Top - End - #72

Transcendence Inc doesn't go much for camera networks, thinking them vulnerable to hacking. Their preferred surveillance technique is to give all their staff augmentic eyes and review the footage from them later. Upside, if no one sees you then you won't be seen - downside is that if you make eye contact then your image will be reviewed by damage control teams. Bad for bluffing your way in, good for late night assaults.

13. - Top - End - #73

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    Taylor outright glares at Ibraham. "No firebombing. It's noisy, it attracts the wrong type of attention, and it gets us remembered. All of those are bad. A distraction is fine. Hm." She blinks. "Think we can get one of the cybered kids inserted instead? Pick them up on the way out, if we can, arm him with something painful and nonlethal. Cause a ruckus, we slip in up top.”
    “Sounds good to me,” Dante says, nodding. “Two firefights are more than enough for one job, in my opinion. Let’s not start any more unless we have to.”

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Transcendence Inc doesn't go much for camera networks, thinking them vulnerable to hacking. Their preferred surveillance technique is to give all their staff augmentic eyes and review the footage from them later. Upside, if no one sees you then you won't be seen - downside is that if you make eye contact then your image will be reviewed by damage control teams. Bad for bluffing your way in, good for late night assaults.
    “If this is all they have, I should be able to get us in at the top pretty easy. Just need to get the chopper fixed up first.”
    Show
    What this guy said.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Ibraham shook his head, "An insertion during office hours would be counter productive, so incendiary devices present no danger to either desk jockeys, or wage slaves. It's their internal security we need to distract, sending them down a couple floors and then locking the elevator system would buy us the time we need for a roof insertion." As Taylor talks about bringing the kids back in, his eyes hardened.

"We just risked exposing my friend's organization to get those guys off the street and to better lives, I'd rather not bring them back into the life if we can avoid it." He shrugged, "I still think a distraction for their security team is our best option, this is going to come down to timing, and fire power, because either way the extraction isn't going to go smoothly."

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

Taylor

"I was thinking the one that got arrested, actually. Pay off the coppers a bit to put him in my custody, tell him he's gotta do something for us and we'll give him back to his mates, and then set him loose."
    LGBTA+itP

16. - Top - End - #76

Peregrine shrugs. “Honestly, I’m finding it difficult to give a damn about these guys after they all tried to kill us. Besides, incendiaries would be messy - too many ways that could go wrong. Can’t exactly hack their stuff while the whole building burns down around us.”
    Show
    What this guy said.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

Taylor

Taylor nods. "Yeah, no explosives. Just an augged-up street ganger making a hell of a ruckus down a floor or two. Should work out, no?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Was waiting on Zero to post, initially, and then this slipped my mind.
    LGBTA+itP