New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Default Re: The Road Ahead - Right Fork [IC]

Spoiler: Maurice
    Show
    They are indeed some sort of Kobold, but winged. You vaguely recall hearing of such a thing on your travels,
    Kobolds being a favorite experimental subject for mages and the occasional dragon or outsider.

Spoiler: Anyone who speaks Draconic
    Show
    They seem to be speaking a bastardized form of the language. You can decipher perhaps one word in 5 - some of those words include 'hunt,' 'meat,' 'rotisserie,' 'updraft,' 'landbound' (that one is much more derisive in the original draconic), 'new,' and 'pleased'. Based on this it is possible they will understand some Draconic. You can make an Int check to figure out more if you speak Draconic already.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Tager Migou

Simply continued climbing down, walking down the wall as if gravity had no effect on him. His limbs were strong and the grip was powerful, thus he could easily achieve such effect. He let the kobold-like creatures see his body, the scales it held, the strength he demonstrated. If they were lizard-like and with wings...

He raised his head, towards the opposite end of the shaft where none of his companions were and breathed in, holding it in him... and letting it come out as a stream of fire, not meant to be directed towards the lizard-beings but instead as a show, a demonstration.

If he was correct, then a show of power of what they aspire to be... might help.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I don't know what to roll on this though. It's not exactly diplomacy, and it's not... EXACTLY intimidation? It kind of is but still... just RP based I guess then?
    Last edited by Yasahiro; 2017-12-18 at 04:54 PM.
    "If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest" - Charles Barkley

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Maurice

"It's a really thick pidgin but of the words I can make out it doesn't seem encouraging.They seem rather hungry or at least thir master ." Maurice says with some uncertainty

Show
    Int check (1d20+5)[8]

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

"Shoot. Well, I guess that's that, then."

Tsetsiliya draws her bow, runs an arrow through her hair, and prepares for a fight.

5. - Top - End - #215

BardGuy

I'll give them a target to focus on while you, Forlorn and... Tager? the metal minstral instructs before pausing as he notes the absence of their new draconic companion.

Where did he go? oh well. He says with physical shrug and then launches into a speech in Draconic.

Spoiler: Draconic
    Show
    " Excuse me good sirs. I can't but overhear mentions pertaining to us of a culinary nature. I assure you we are not suitable for eating and pursuing us in such of a manner would be a fatal mistake. We have already been in our share of fights today but for reasons I care not to discuss would would like hunt down a certain rune, smash it and return to whence we came from. There are probably quite a few dead spiders nearby the tower if you are desperate to quench your hunger but I have no experience in eating since I am extra-planar construct."
    Diplomancy: (1d20+15)[21]
    He says and then gives a magnanimous grin.
    Last edited by Rendel Nep; 2017-12-23 at 07:03 PM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

The flying kobolds look only mildly alarmed at the flames, and they chatter a bit amongst themselves. They become more attentive when Maurice speaks. The one nearest the back, who is also the only one whose weapons (several javelins) are on its back and who is small even for a kobold, speaks carefully and slowly in response, "I am not 'sir'. I am Kurkelvak. Our territory here. You talk with leader, get permission. Go to bottom, show worthiness, go through door, meet leader." The kobold shudders in mid air, "We not go to tower, tower is bad place. Above is bad place. You can keep filthy spiders. Tell friend not to eat spiders, maybe his flame is better."

7. - Top - End - #217

BardGuy

Maurice pauses for a bit, being surprised his politeness got them out of another fight.

Spoiler: Draconic
    Show
    Thank you very much,Kurkelvak. We'll try to not cause anymore disturbances. I go by the name of Maurice.
    He says with a bow.

Huh. Good news, we're free to pass once we pay a visit to their leader and apparently, Tager you eat too many spiders. He explains to the group.

If anyone actually wants a fight next time, I'll skip the polite discourse. he says quietly.
    Last edited by Rendel Nep; 2018-01-02 at 11:09 PM.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

The flying Kobolds seem to snicker among themselves at something, and then depart. As you continue downward one of another of them will fly by at the edge of your vision, but they otherwise leave you alone. The shaft, with the spiral ramp, seems to go down and down forever, but finally something comes into view. The bottom? It's hard to say, a darkness seems to seethe and roil, with the ramp descending into it.

Spoiler: If you can see through magical darkness
    Show
    The darkness hides a carpet of bones, with clumps of the same moss from the top of the tunnel.
    Spoiler: Spot DC 15
    Show
    You see trails through the moss - is something alive down there?

Spoiler: DC 15 Spot Check
    Show
    You see something on the wall opposite the place where the ramp disappears
    Spoiler: DC 22 Spot Check
    Show
    You can tell that it is some kind of opening. It is perhaps 10 feet above the darkness, with no apparent rope or ladder leading to it. In a straight line across it is probably 50' from where you are.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

Tsetsiliya takes occasional glances at the flying kobolds. It's a little suspicious, but as long as they're following us, that at least means they're not going after her dog.

Spoiler: Spot!
    Show
    (1d20+10)[19]

At the apparent bottom of the stairs, just before it plunges into the impenetrable liquid darkness, she looks across the room with a squint, trying to make something out. A shape? A glint? Movement?
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2018-01-06 at 12:58 AM.

10. - Top - End - #220

BardGuy

Maurice ambles down the stairs far more gently this time, hoping not destroy the fragile and frankly poorly made mortal construction. He stops when he notices that Tsetsillya has her attention drawn elsewhere and attempts to see what's she is looking at. Millenia of military training has made Maurice focus on his allies when they've found something odd, especially if their senses are more acute than his.

Show
    Spot (1d20+4)[7] Darkvision, Can't see through magical darkness

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Tager Migou

He felt a bit confused about the remark about spiders. Was his flame just... bad? Giving them one last glance, he looked down at the bottom of stairs

Spoiler: Spot check
    Show
    Spot (1d20+4)[16]
    Darkvision 60 feet

He squinted, before motioning for his companions

"So the door or whatever is there is just... there? Let's not wait, then." He said, walking forwards as the stairs ended
    Last edited by Yasahiro; 2018-01-08 at 12:29 AM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

Forlorn

The bandages on her brow shift slightly as Forlorn tries to squint through the darkness.

Spoiler: Spot
    Show
    (1d20+3)[17]
    Undead get darkvision out to 60 ft.
    Avatar courtesy of game-icons.net.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

For those who approach the darkness, it seems to receded slightly - visibility extends only about 5' (10' with darkvision).
    Spoiler: If you continue down the stairs...
    Show
    you come to the bottom, the darkness only seems to cover the lower 15' of the tower's interior. The small area of the ground you can see at the bottom of the stairs seems to be grimy stone.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

"...is it a door?"

Before proceeding, Tsetsiliya goes ahead and shoots an arrow at the Thing We Don't Know What It Is. Just because. If it doesn't do anything special, she shrugs and follows the rest of the group.

Spoiler
    Show
    It's a nonmoving object, so it can't be that hard to hit, but:
    (1d20+10)[13]

15. - Top - End - #225

BardGuy

Maurice draws his swords to face the the uncertain darkness. Clearly the druid was keen to test her mettle.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

The arrow disappears through the spot, so perhaps it is a doorway of some sort.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Just sighs and walks forward. If there is anything awaiting them, he could probably take it and protect others

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

Tsetsiliya... shrugs and proceeds downward to join everyone else. "I think there's an alternate path up there. It's probably for those kobolds, since they can just fly over to it."

19. - Top - End - #229

BardGuy

Whichever way works best. he says cautiously.

Maurice will follow the person who gives their reasoning into the darkness nevertheless expecting a surprise. Maybe not a trap or shoddy mortal construction but something...

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Something sloshes, in the darkness ahead.

Spoiler
    Show
    If you're still here, roll initiative!

21. - Top - End - #231

BardGuy

Initiative because I'm here

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    (1d20+5)[24]