New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: Gods of a Modern World IC

Ah Muzen Cab tensed. He'd been showing Munin around occasionally, he knew the towns bars, but didn't have a alias that was rooted to one location. A friend without anchors... A perfect candidate to help out.

Frustrating... Perhaps he'd actually ask Huitzilopochtli to do more to push up the Mayan pantheon, the defender was being far too patient.
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2018-01-03 at 11:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

The Great Blue Bird seems uneasy in the time. Usually his demeanor was happy and welcoming, despite being a war God. Today, he was almost cold and distant. Upon Odin saying his peace, he looks across the crowd of bewildered deities and nodded, a subtle gesture to his kinfolk that his blessing goes to whoever might stand with the Norse.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Faunus shrugged. His fun in the limelight would cause problems now. Though it may be good for him to look over the "crime scene". He knew his way around wilds, and in this modern, concrete jungle, a little help from the creatures of the City could be helpful and lead to a resolution. He would have to go on leave from the TV show, say it was overall the stress of fame. Luckily, due to his outgoing persona, no paparazzi to cause problems in investigating, except or the odd photographer he would have to shoo off, or spook off with an animal or six. Faunus looked around and was careful to travel near the other pantheon groups that were moving about, always making sure he was always in other gods' sight as he asked some of the other gods where Tyr had fallen. and made sure that he had some form of eyes on him, specifically one of the satyrs disguised as his cameraman as he walked, lest whatever blade fallen on Tyr would not fall on his neck as well.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Muninn nods and starts to go through the gods, picking out those that she could depend on, or knew well. She will approach each of them quietly, after the ceremony.

Spoiler
    Show
    My sincere apologies about this taking so long.
    LGBTA+itP

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Faunus: Feel free to attempt to integrate with any pantheon you see fit, I understand that your deity is something of an outcast, despite being directly related to Zeus. Also feel free to play that up.

You can roll a gather information check, check the main PbP page and there should be a link to the board roller and how to use it.

Muninn: Glad to see you back, Pele should be floating around somewhere too, I'll give her a nudge. In the mean time, feel free to tap as many resources as you think you might need. Not all will be as willing to help as PCs or your own pantheon, but it never hurts to ask!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGirl

Pele ran through the embarrassingly small list of other gods she was familiar with. Barring her siblings, who were always hit and miss at these sort of functions, she hadn't really gotten out much lately.

She remembered a few centuries ago she had helped a god of nature begin to bring focus onto the animals of a remote archipelago. Primarily ...what was his name.....Charles? He would probably be going by a different name by now...

As the thought rolled through her head, she noticed the lumbering figure of a large reptile in the crowd. Close, and worth a shot. If anything, there was safety in numbers, and she did not plan on being the next one killed.

"Uh. Hi."

Spoiler
    Show
    Do I need to roll perception for spotting a 13-16 ft croc??
    Also: Sorry I'm a forgetful jerkbag who tends to fall asleep at 9pm >.>
    Last edited by lillibabble; 2018-01-19 at 01:59 PM.
    Oi kau ka lau, e hana i ola honua

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If I remember, crocs for animal companion start as either small or medium size, so it wouldn't be any bigger than 7 ft.

For the sake of getting the ball rolling, I'm not going to sweat a roll that brings the party together.
    Last edited by Buufreak; 2018-01-19 at 09:32 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Faunus looked around, asking about how the rest of his pantheon was, often having some members outright ignore him, a well earned slight for some of his....more colorful behaivor. He felt a presence behind him, hearing sheila groan again, and spotted Pele, confused, or maybe just spooked, at his reptilian companion. "Oi, its alright, she doesn't bite, unless i let her that is." he pat Sheila on the snout, half calming her, half holding her meattrap shut. "Hey, You're..." He strained to remember the god who asked him to bring to light the wonderful creatures in the Galapagos. "Pelecan, right? wait, no, PELE! Crickey, its been a Croc's age since i last saw you, How've you been? Its good to have company i know other than the Dongers here in my family." Faunus gave a visible sigh of relief as he pat Sheilas Belly.
    Spoiler: Roll Gather Information
    Show
    (1d20+6)[25]

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Gather information
    Show
    Zeus, obviously, still runs the show for the Greco-Roman scene, and maintains a facade as head of R&D at some gaming company, going by the name of Chris. His brothers have been a different story, as varied as their personalities. Hades is president of Kay Jewelers, while no one has heard from Poseidon in years. Meanwhile, Demeter sits as the head of the EPA, Ares runs the NRA, and Athena works for the UN as a foreign diplomat.

Time hasn't been equally kind to the Olympians, as many have fallen off the popular cycle for one reason or another. Currently, Apollo is living in a trailer in Tennessee after his fame burned out and his death was faked. Any other deity that equally burns out tends to also get burned.

Somehow, though, you have managed to stay out of much trouble thanks to the assistance provided during the titan wars and a personal debt felt by Zeus.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Muninn walks up to the expressive Aussie, swallowing. She generally didn't want to interact with most of the gods, but hey, needs must. Excuse me? Would you be able to help with the, well. Whole god-dying problem?
    LGBTA+itP

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Faunus Turned around, smiling out of nervousness at the god before him "well, honestly, i'm not sure. I track Animals in the jungle. People are a mite craftier, and a lot more dangerous" Steves face turned solemn as he looked at the crowd around them. "i guess the only thing we can do right now is just investigate as best we can. maybe we will come across something." Faunus started to gather his things, and sat them on top of sheila so that she could waddle it all away. "If nothing else, It'll be a blooming bottler bonza of a story." Steve's nerves started to subside as he saw sheila happily carrying his stuff to the jeep.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGirl

Pele watched the lumbering beast carry the bag towards the parking lot. It took her a few moments to comprehend the slang Faunus had been saying, but ultimately agreed.

"A good story or an interesting way to die." She nodded.

She glanced around the room, the majority of the gods had begun to filter out.

"Well....three's company, four is a team" she turned her gaze to Muninn. "Any friends you'd like to bring along?"
    Oi kau ka lau, e hana i ola honua