New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Aegir

1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Aegir

Chief Hagar: We will commence making war on our enemies. Brunhild and I have determined that it's more effective for you to operate in a small group independently. Our raids will keep many of their warriors occupied, and with the Waveraven and the water level being so high, you will have much freedom to move about.

Go where you please, whether it's investigating the plague, climbing Fathers shoulder, or performing raids upon our enemies. Regardless, your actions will have the end result of benefitting the clan, through loot, honor, or knowledge.

But be on guard. There will still be enemy patrols. As we are at war, you have a duty to attack any feasible targets you see, and the right to do so without provocation. If you spare them, you must either take them prisoner or recieve tribute.

Remember, when you obtain food and goods from war, identical copies appear in the Halls of Eternal Feasting and Fighting for the spirits of our ancestors to enjoy. Likewise, fallen enemies materialize in the afterlife as slave spirits, whose sole purpose is the comfort and amusement of our ancestors. Be merciless, for they would have done it to you."

Scout reports (quest ops) :

-Laucien tracked the plague south. He knows where to go to pick up the trail.
    -Three Grimcrow are trying to sneak a boatload of goods to a trading post to the east.
    -Tessania and Siegfried think there is a significant discovery atop Father's Shoulder, but it's thought to be impossible to climb.
    -Mia wants your help in the civil war in the Feywild, Seelie court. She asks for a small favor in this regard. She has spotted a Seelie courtier named Enuruilyu in the swamps to the West. A sketchy bastard, he has no logical reason to be hanging out in a swamp in the human world. He must be up to something. However, he's with a retinue of bodyguard assassins...

Tessania, reviewing the tablets, you see an association with Father's Shoulder and the North Star. You cannot determine anything else at this time.

Spoiler: Ability : Skiing
    Show
    Siegfried : "If you're going to try to climb Father's Shoulder, take these. This is how myself and your parents would escape the Murk when climbing. I'll teach you and your friends how to use them."

Receive : Snow Skis.
    Skill: athletics. All players now proficient in athletic checks in regards to skiing.

"The foot of fathers shoulder slopes straight down into the lake. It's a perfect escape."
    Show

Laucien, you examine the materials chest and consult some experts.

Spoiler: coral colors
    Show

Warm colored corals (red, yellow, orange) are associated with offense. Cool colored corals such as blue and green are for defense. In the chest is a quantity of red, blue, green Coral. Enough for a few small projects.

The bonuses (1,2, or 3) have more to do with the skill of the crafter and what's infused rather than just color.

Proficiency with a Cutters kit lets you harvest even rarer Corals.

Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2018-02-28 at 03:40 AM.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimm View Post
    Chief Hagar: We will commence making war on our enemies. Brunhild and I have determined that it's more effective for you to operate in a small group independently. Our raids will keep many of their warriors occupied, and with the Waveraven and the water level being so high, you will have much freedom to move about.

Go where you please, whether it's investigating the plague, climbing Fathers shoulder, or performing raids upon our enemies. Regardless, your actions will have the end result of benefitting the clan, through loot, honor, or knowledge.

But be on guard. There will still be enemy patrols. As we are at war, you have a duty to attack any feasible targets you see, and the right to do so without provocation. If you spare them, you must either take them prisoner or recieve tribute.

Remember, when you obtain food and goods from war, identical copies appear in the Halls of Eternal Feasting and Fighting for the spirits of our ancestors to enjoy. Likewise, fallen enemies materialize in the afterlife as slave spirits, whose sole purpose is the comfort and amusement of our ancestors. Be merciless, for they would have done it to you."

Scout reports (quest ops) :

-Laucien tracked the plague south. He knows where to go to pick up the trail.
    -Three Grimcrow are trying to sneak a boatload of goods to a trading post to the east.
    -Tessania and Siegfried think there is a significant discovery atop Father's Shoulder, but it's thought to be impossible to climb.
    -Mia wants your help in the civil war in the Feywild, Seelie court. She asks for a small favor in this regard. She has spotted a Seelie courtier named Enuruilyu in the swamps to the West. A sketchy bastard, he has no logical reason to be hanging out in a swamp in the human world. He must be up to something. However, he's with a retinue of bodyguard assassins...

Tessania, reviewing the tablets, you see an association with Father's Shoulder and the North Star. You cannot determine anything else at this time.

Show
    Siegfried : "If you're going to try to climb Father's Shoulder, take these. This is how myself and your parents would escape the Murk when climbing. I'll teach you and your friends how to use them."

Receive : Snow Skis.
    Skill: athletics. All players now proficient in athletic checks in regards to skiing.

"The foot of fathers shoulder slopes straight down into the lake. It's a perfect escape."
    Show

Laucien, you examine the materials chest and consult some experts.

Spoiler: coral colors
    Show

Warm colored corals (red, yellow, orange) are associated with offense. Cool colored corals such as blue and green are for defense. In the chest is a quantity of red, blue, green Coral. Enough for a few small projects.

The bonuses (1,2, or 3) have more to do with the skill of the crafter and what's infused rather than just color.

Proficiency with a Cutters kit lets you harvest even rarer Corals.

Very helpful. I too might be interested in visiting the Father's Shoulders. Maybe I will be able to commune more directly with Kord. Of course, the idea of trashing enemies in enticing, I will see what the others want to do.

Mia, you have assisted us in our time of need, so it will bring me and my people great honor to assist in your war. I will defer to my comrades, however, to see if they too have pressing matters to attend.
    Spoiler: Current Level/XP
    Show

Arcivus
    XP: 440,000/445,000
    Effective Level: 22

Dr. Nimm
    XP: 590,000/595,000
    Effective Level: 27

Xavier
    XP: 635,000/655,000
    Effective Level: 29

3. - Top - End - #363

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DM7581 View Post
    Very helpful. I too might be interested in visiting the Father's Shoulders. Maybe I will be able to commune more directly with Kord. Of course, the idea of trashing enemies in enticing, I will see what the others want to do.

Mia, you have assisted us in our time of need, so it will bring me and my people great honor to assist in your war. I will defer to my comrades, however, to see if they too have pressing matters to attend.
    Hoping that Lucien is up for the challange of climbing the mountain, Tessanna start her preperations.

List of supplys in addition to normal travelling gear:
    Warm travelling clothes
    snow shoes
    spike shoes
    Climbing kit: rope, pickaxe, spikes, etc
    tent
    sleeping bag
    (ill make a more detailed list, and please add stuff to the list, everyone)

"Mia, how would you like to accompaney us to fathers shoulder? Weather or not you accept, we will ofcourse help you when we are done. Im sure your knowledge will be extremely valuable to us on a voyage like this"

"Siegfried, I need you to describe your route towards the top. What dangers did you face, what equipment would you advise us to bring? Why did you fail, what happned? And ofcourse, how would you like to give it another go?"

Tessannas mismached eyes and penetrating gaze can be very unsetteling but at the same time very convincing. (Heart of darkness feature)
    Spoiler: Arcivus Luscient
    Show

HP: 204/204
    AC: 22
    Stats: 25, 10, 18, 10, 12, 20
    Passive Perception: 11
    Saving Throws: Str 8 (13), Dex 1 (6), Con 11 (16), Wis 8 (13), Cha 11 (17)
    Aura of Protection +5 to all Saves for everyone within 30ft
    Aura of Courage/Devotion immunity to Frighten/Charm for everyone within 30ft
    Always under effect of Protection to Evil and Good

4. - Top - End - #364

Siegfried looks excited as he coaches you on the climb. "You'll need climbing kits, skis, and eye protection, which I will provide to you. The rest you already have. Better to travel lightly. It's a rough climb."

"We never made it to the top, it'll was just too difficult. The edge is nearly sheer, and the winds become so fierce you can't even see, and the air is so thin, you can suffocate with exertion. Just when we began to overcome these obstacles, the Murk would appear, forcing us to abandon our expedition." He stops, gazing into the fire. His handsome features contract into something inscrutably negative: either disappointment or pain.

" I understand there was a massive landslide a few years back. This might have blocked the path, or facilitated it.

"There are sabretooths, cave bears, and wolf packs for sure. There may be stranger things, but no one has been up there in years.

" Im wanted here, or else I would join you. After all, I'm only very, very slightly past my prime. " Siegfried looks to be in his late 40's, but very trim and fit. Easily the most traveled of living Northmen, he sports both outlandish clothing and habits picked up from bizarre and surely inferior foreigners. Widely respected despite the eccentricities. He has never married or had known children.

You load up the Waveraven with supplies. Zorg, Mia, Mangar come on board. The priest annoints you with War Paint (bless for 1 hour) and a full healers kit with 10 uses.

Who will pilot the Waveraven? It's a dex based check. Mia wants nothing to do with it.
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2018-03-02 at 08:52 AM.

5. - Top - End - #365

SolithKnightGuy

Siegfried looks excited as he coaches you on the climb. "You'll need climbing kits, skis, and eye protection, which I will provide to you. The rest you already have. Better to travel lightly. It's a rough climb."

"We never made it to the top, it'll was just too difficult. The edge is nearly sheer, and the winds become so fierce you can't even see, and the air is so thin, you can suffocate with exertion. Just when we began to overcome these obstacles, the Murk would appear, forcing us to abandon our expedition." He stops, gazing into the fire. His handsome features contract into something inscrutably negative: either disappointment or pain.

" I understand there was a massive landslide a few years back. This might have blocked the path, or facilitated it.

"There are sabretooths, cave bears, and wolf packs for sure. There may be stranger things, but no one has been up there in years.

" Im wanted here, or else I would join you. After all, I'm only very, very slightly past my prime. " Siegfried looks to be in his late 40's, but very trim and fit. Easily the most traveled of living Northmen, he sports both outlandish clothing and habits picked up from bizarre and surely inferior foreigners. Widely respected despite the eccentricities. He has never married or had known children.

You load up the Waveraven with supplies. Zorg, Mia, Mangar come on board. The priest annoints you with War Paint (bless for 1 hour) and a full healers kit with 10 uses.

Who will pilot the Waveraven? It's a dex based check. Mia wants nothing to do with it.
    I still have healer kit with 4 charges. My dex is only 14, but Tessanna will help out :D
    Show

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ketiara View Post
    I still have healer kit with 4 charges. My dex is only 14, but Tessanna will help out :D
    Thorak looks forward to the expedition, and even still kinda hopes he might face a worthy opponent, beast or otherwise, to test his mettle. My dex is low, so I take a bit of a backseat here and let the others lead. I will continue to offer prayers to Kord, as he may help dictate a safe travel, especially when it comes to harsh weather be that at sea or on the climb.
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

7. - Top - End - #367
    Dwarf in the Playground

Laucien was hoping to take care of the poisoned waters first, but maybe whatever is up on Fathers Shoulder can shed some light on the situation. Plus, summer would probably be the best (least cold) time to climb the mountain. Laucien can skillfully pilot the Waveraven, but he will look to Thorak for direction.

Spoiler: Sailing
    Show
    I believe it was said we were proficient in sailing, if we need a check my roll is 12+6 (18)

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor-Dash View Post
    Laucien was hoping to take care of the poisoned waters first, but maybe whatever is up on Fathers Shoulder can shed some light on the situation. Plus, summer would probably be the best (least cold) time to climb the mountain. Laucien can skillfully pilot the Waveraven, but he will look to Thorak for direction.

Spoiler: Sailing
    Show
    I believe it was said we were proficient in sailing, if we need a check my roll is 12+6 (18)
    Yes, a wise decision...

Thorak looks around for the general direction and/or best course to plot for the voyage.

Survival: 15+2=17

When we are ready to go...

That way!

He points off to the distance, in confidence.
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

9. - Top - End - #369

You depart north on a cool, foggy summer morning, punctuated by occasional calls from waterfowl.

You round a bend in the water. To your right is the shoreline, to the left is an uninhabited island, spiked with Coral forest.

The placid scene is relaxing, until Mangar begins to growl.

"Quiet!" says Mia, clambering to the bow of the ship. You raise your paddles and listen.

Up ahead, you hear a stealthy paddling and hushed whispers coming across the foggy waters. Someone else is out here this morning. But you hear no more. Now they too are silent, and listening...

Quietly, Laucien strings his bow, and returns his hands to the rudder. Tessania's eyes seem to darken and become frightening as she gathers occult energies. Thorak glares at the impenetrable fog for enemies, taking a deep breath that seems to expand his presence. Zorg holds his new axe at his feet, one hand absently petting Mangar, who is pointing at the scent with his body, his growl trained to be barely audible so as not to spook the game.

A little spiral flashes through the fog. With a thudding sound, an arrow now sticks out of the rudder, right between the space between Laucien's thumb and forefinger. "Ambush!" Laucien snaps off the arrow and starts Maneuvers as the enemy war boat comes into view. Thorak, Tessania, Zorg start to row fervently. The enemy boat has 4 warriors and a pilot.

SHIP TO SHIP COMBAT (BETA)!!!

Laucien's maneuver roll :18
    Enemy Pilot roll: 8

Laucien wins the maneuver round, which occurs before every combat round, so he goes first, even if his friends have higher initiative.

Laucien, you have two separate PILOT ACTIONS to choose from: STEADY or RAM. Then, you make another d20 roll to execute this action. Like normal combat, you can combine ship movement with a Pilot action.

STEADY: Create an optimum angle and smoothness to the craft so that your friends can launch attacks without penalty.
    Result: removes the penalty from attacking from a moving, rocking vehicle.
    Roll a d20 and beat an 8, which is the enemy pilots maneuver check. But because you also won Maneuvers, roll with advantage.

RAM: Declare you will ram. Move the Waveraven next to the enemy ship and roll a d20. DC is 8 to hit (enemy pilots maneuver check).

----------

Meanwhile, THORAK and TESSANIA, you can "trade" your movement this turn to CREW the ship, and still get to use your actions, bonus actions and reactions.

If you want, you can instead ready an action to BOARD the enemy ship. Your Pilot will have to successfully RAM in order for you to attempt a BOARD.

What do you choose? Remember you always act after your pilot.

What's with all the ACTIONS in CAPS? It reminds me of how the old Nintendo Rpg's did it.
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2018-03-14 at 08:24 AM.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Dwarf in the Playground

Laucien looks for guidance, but everyone seems shaken by the ambush. He makes a split second decision to ram the enemy ship!

Ram Roll: 16+6=22

"Thorak and Zorg, take the dog and board the ship! Tessanna, try to get their archer!"

11. - Top - End - #371

Nice job.

Thorak, Zorg, Mangar and Mia form a squad, ready an action to board and make an opposed check against the enemy warriors fighting off the board attempt. The enemy squad is equal in number (4v4), but there's just a lot more muscle in team Thorak.

Thorak squad board attempt rolled a 9 + 3=11 (I'll explain the +3 later).
    Enemy squad rolled 6 to resist board attempt.

Thoraks squad easily overpowers the enemies! The two ships are considered continuous terrain, and are side by side. The two ships are in effect "grappled," and won't take further movements except from weather/currents etc.

Thorak used his action and his movement (he rowed for movement and boarded as action), but has bonus action and reaction remaining.

Tessania used her movement to row, but has everything else available (action, bonus, reaction, etc).

Tessania or Thorak go (free order).

Next turn, combat occurs normally. You can treat both ships as one solid, joined terrain.
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2018-03-15 at 12:02 AM.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Nice job.

Thorak, Zorg, Mangar and Mia form a squad, ready an action to board and make an opposed check against the enemy warriors fighting off the board attempt. The enemy squad is equal in number (4v4), but there's just a lot more muscle in team Thorak.

Thoraks squad easily overpowers the enemies! The two ships are considered continuous terrain, and are side by side. The two ships are in effect "grappled," and won't take further movements except from weather/currents etc.

Thorak used his action and his movement (he rowed for movement and boarded as action), but has bonus action and reaction remaining.

Tessania used her movement to row, but has everything else available (action, bonus, reaction, etc).

Next turn, combat occurs normally. You can treat both ships as one solid, joined terrain.
    Shield of Faith on Mangar as a Bonus Action (+2 AC). No Reaction for me. LOL on the caps.
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

13. - Top - End - #373

Shield of Faith on Mangar as a Bonus Action (+2 AC). No Reaction for me. LOL on the caps.
    I imagine this all happening in 8 bit pixels.

14. - Top - End - #374

SolithKnightGuy

Nice job.

Tessanna uses her finely crafted staff to steady herself and when she found her balance, she begin the casting of a spell, moving the staff in intricate motions focussing her power through it. As the spell flies through the air, it splits up (twinned) targetting the 2nd archer (or the same archer twice, if theres only one)

16+6 = 22 to hit, 8fire dam
    10+6 = 16 to hit, 6 fire dam
    Show

15. - Top - End - #375

One warrior dies, the one closest to you. Was that Eldritch blast?

16. - Top - End - #376

SolithKnightGuy

One warrior dies, the one closest to you. Was that Eldritch blast?
    I targetted archers, if any, and it was a firebolt (cantrip) but I used twinned metamagic on it.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #377

I targetted archers, if any, and it was a firebolt (cantrip) but I used twinned metamagic on it.
    No archers. They're all generic barbarian thugs. One arrow wasn't enough to down one.

18. - Top - End - #378

Enemy pilot runs over to Laucien and axes him for 5.

Two fighters swing vainly at Thorak and Zorg.

The enemy pilot pulls out a horn and blows a distress call.

Initiative: by post
    Pc's
    Npc's
    Bad guys
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2018-03-15 at 06:01 PM.

19. - Top - End - #379

SolithKnightGuy

Enemy pilot runs over to Laucien and axes him for 5.

Two fighters swing vainly at Thorak and Zorg.

The enemy pilot pulls out a horn and blows a distress call.

Initiative: by post
    Pc's
    Npc's
    Bad guys
    Tessanna cast a firebolt at the hornblower.

9+6 = 15, 9fire dam
    Show

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

9+6 = 15, 9fire dam
    Yeah, we need to down the whistle-blower, er, um horn-blower. I advance on him, or through him, if need be.

6+5=11 to hit, 11 damage
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

21. - Top - End - #381

Yeah, we need to down the whistle-blower, er, um horn-blower. I advance on him, or through him, if need be.

6+5=11 to hit, 11 damage
    Which target? You would suffer an OA if you move to the pilot.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Which target? You would suffer an OA if you move to the pilot.
    That's what I meant. I want to get to the pilot, but if I have to cleave through bodies first, so be it, so I'd be targeting first of whoever is in that path,
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

23. - Top - End - #383

9+6 = 15, 9fire dam
    "Ack! It's that Celd witch everyone's talking about! Kill her!"

24. - Top - End - #384

6+5=11 to hit, 11 damage
    Miss.

"Ahaa! They said you were good. You're terrible!" Utters the warrior.

25. - Top - End - #385

9+6 = 15, 9fire dam
    Mia: "Tess. You're pretty good. Think you can teach me that?"

26. - Top - End - #386

That's what I meant. I want to get to the pilot, but if I have to cleave through bodies first, so be it, so I'd be targeting first of whoever is in that path,
    Zorg: "THORAK. OY, THORAK. YOU WANT ME TO CHOPPY CHOP DAT PILOT? YOUR ARMOR NICE. SHINY LIKE FISH. CRISPY FISH. HUNGRY. LET'S GO FISHING AFTER THIS. AGREE OR NO?"

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Zorg: "THORAK. OY, THORAK. YOU WANT ME TO CHOPPY CHOP DAT PILOT? YOUR ARMOR NICE. SHINY LIKE FISH. CRISPY FISH. HUNGRY. LET'S GO FISHING AFTER THIS. AGREE OR NO?"
    My miss slams downward, splintering a random piece of wood, as the warrior sidesteps the blow and taunts me. Unfazed, I carry on the conversation...

Ha, ha! Yes, Zorg, we shall feast after we crush our enemies. It IS Kord's will!
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

28. - Top - End - #388

My miss slams downward, splintering a random piece of wood, as the warrior sidesteps the blow and taunts me. Unfazed, I carry on the conversation...

Ha, ha! Yes, Zorg, we shall feast after we crush our enemies. It IS Kord's will!
    Zorg grins ecstatically at you, driven to incoherence out of sheer excitement : "AWRW!" He replies, shaking his fist in the air.

Enemy Warrior: "Good gods! What's wrong with you people?"

Mia: "Pfft. I've been with them for 6 months and still don't know what's going on. Moving on... I'm going to kill you sometime in the very near future, putting your conundrum to rest!" She giggles.

Zorg side swings his axe into the flank of the guy in front of him for 8 damage (not the guy that was talking ****, but the one next to him).

Mia, unarmed, pops up next to Laucien and disarms the horn out of the guy's hand. She picks up the horn, cracks it over her knee, and tosses it over her shoulder into the lake, smiling at the enemy as if they've just been introduced at a fun feast.

Mangar, having received no commands, steps round Zorg and lunges at the injured warrior, having smelled his blood. The warrior sighs in relief as Mangar's vicious fangs snap shut on nothing but mist.

Out of the mist in the distance you hear another enemy patrol blow an answering call on their own horn. Surely they can hear you fighting, but on this open, foggy lake it would take them a little longer to pinpoint you without the directness of a horn blast. Eliminating the horn bought you some time before enemy reinforcements arrive.
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2018-03-21 at 11:10 PM.

29. - Top - End - #389

Tessania, you notice a raven perched on the stern of your ship, watching you with cunning eyes.

30. - Top - End - #390

SolithKnightGuy

Tessania, you notice a raven perched on the stern of your ship, watching you with cunning eyes.
    Tessanna tries to remember what he mothers books said about magic and animals.
    Arcana roll: 12+4=16

Its odd behaviour for a raven, and even more so to settle this close to battle thats still being fought.
    Show