New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Bounty Hunter Rebellion(IC)

Caeda "Helkin"

The Miraluka offers a rare smile, and bows respectively. Whether he was just naturally receptive to force techniques, or from Caeda's days serving in the Clone Wars next to twi'leks like Ayala Secura or Beshin Haan, she could read him like an open faced book written in written in bold, flashing neon letters of galactic basic.

"A pleasure I possess in meeting you." She replies in her strange accent. "An arrival yourself? A volunteer? One of the...'heroes of the motley band?'"

((Hey
    Attilargh. Can ya send me a PM with what Caeda would sense both through the force and her instincts, please?))
    Spoiler
    Show

"I'm a full 10 Kilonazis!? I only burned down...30 orphanages..."

Current Inspirational Music: "Sleeping Beauty" by A Perfect Circle

Rest in peace, E. Gary Gygax. May you be buried under a +5 Vorpral Tombstone.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Byalid

The Sullestan says, "I'm afraid you'll be out of luck then. Salwookca seems to understand us fine, but the only one I know the understand him is the shift supervisor. For the most part he's top notch, I don't understand what's going on today."

Suddenly, the wookie stands up and howls. He walks over to a service hatch, pulls it open and begins descending a ladder in the floor, which presumably leads to the deck below.

Dross

The game continues when Dross begins more probing questions, "What did they do?" The bothan responds, "I'm sorry, who? Oh, the spy. I hear the emporer is after the Mon Calamari recipe for fish soup," with a wide grin on his face.

His human counterpart seems to get very nervous and keeps shifting in his seat and glancing over his shoulder.

{{ When you give up on the game, give me a Gamble check. }}

Caeda / Jon / Dekar

The Lieutenant finishes the blaster and power pack sales. As he walks away, he grabs several types of holster and lays them out on the counter. He says, "Help yourself. I'm not sure which type you'll want or the size you'll want." With that he heads off in search of ensign Olothora. The holsters represent a variety of waist, hip, shoulder, and ankle holsters for both lefties and righties. The also cover the 'nearly human' range of sizes.

After half a minute or so, Ensign Olothora is using a hoverloader to carefully unstack the containers to allow access to the All-Temperature Cloaks. Several minutes after that, he has uncovered the container which the Lieutenant opens and shows to Dekar. He adds, "Just like I indicated, several colors including a generic urban and a generic woodland camo pattern."

The Lieutenant seems to be more relaxed now that he's had a couple minutes to get used to the 'bounty hunter scum'.

3D-N4 / Partak

Suddenly alone again 3D-N4 is left to ponder the beauty of the nebula, assuming, of course, that he was programmed to do so.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-04-02 at 07:33 PM.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

((Potential disaster #1, averted.))

Byalid

If nobody minds, I'll just take a look at the programing.Byalid hops over to where the computer is and looks it over, trying to find where it is going wrong. ((Should I roll a Knowledge (Tech.) at this point? (1d20+8)[25] if yes.))

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

Jon picks a holster for the left hip for him self to match the one on his right, then turns and say to Caeda, Caeda Honey, what type of holster would you like they have waist, hip, shoulder, and ankle, and also do you prefer left or right.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2007-04-03 at 12:28 AM.
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

5. - Top - End - #35

GnomePirate

Dross

Dross chuckles politely at yet another bad joke from the bothan. The human's change in mood leaves him curious for the reason why, but for now he ignores it. "Perhaps you're right," Dross leans in close to the bothan to whisper; however, he makes sure the other two can still hear him. "Seriously though, what's the truth? I would like to know more before the briefing, and I could make it worth your interest."

Suddenly, Dross turns his head staring at the human. "You keep fidgeting someone might think you're up to no good, or is there something on your mind? He asks in a joking manner.

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy: bothan - (1d20+3)[17] human - (1d20+3)[5]

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Dekar

"A pleasure I possess in meeting you." She replies in her strange accent. "An arrival yourself? A volunteer? One of the...'heroes of the motley band?'"

"Me, a rebel? Naw, not a chance. I'm here for the credits, not just because I don't happen to like the totalitarian regime in power. Er, which I admittedly don't, but that's beside the point."

The Lieutenant opens the cloak container and says, "Just like I indicated, several colors including a generic urban and a generic woodland camo pattern."

"Thanks." Dekar begins to go through the cloaks and continues conversing to the bald woman. "So, what about you? You here because of the Empire, or the money?"

"Hm, what do you think?"
    he suddenly asks, lifting a khaki-coloured cloak from the container and draping it across his shoulders.

7. - Top - End - #37

SwashbucklerGuy

Jon picks a holster for the left hip for him self to match the one on his right, then turns and say to Caeda, Caeda Honey, what type of holster would you like they have waist, hip, shoulder, and ankle, and also do you prefer left or right.
    "My dear, I shall have the waist I believe...there is little else that these robes will allow." Or the niman style of lightsaber combat... She thought as she spoke.

With her analysis complete, she gave a slight nod and a smile to Jon as he got the holsters, to tell him that the twi'lek checked out...for now.

Dekar begins to go through the cloaks and continues conversing to the bald woman. "So, what about you? You here because of the Empire, or the money?"

"Question deserving an answer as you where quite honest...both we are here for. Bounty Hunting is what we mostly do, with the occasional transporting of goods or passengers when we lay low...this job offers us an alternative. A method of more stable employment perhaps.

"As the for the empire...it's philosophies are faulty and unnecessarily cruel...it is a brute that lacks the cunning of the Rancor, the resilience of the mynock...Like the empires before it, it will fall...either by it's own hand, or by the strength and intelligence of others...if by it's own hand, then it must drag all of the galaxy down with it. Hopefully, by the helping of other hands, it will not."

She looks to Jon for a moment with a small smile and then looks back at the twi'lek. "I am...something of a...philosopher...in my spare time."

"Hm, what do you think?" he suddenly asks, lifting a khaki-coloured cloak from the container and draping it across his shoulders.
    "Hmm...Jon's opinion would be better then mine..." The woman states, taping the side of her head and the piece of cloth that was wrapped around her blind eyes.
    Last edited by EvilWalks; 2007-04-03 at 12:55 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Byalid

Looking over the setup and terminal along with your vast tech knowledge you instantly grasp what they intend to do. Initially it isn't clear why it isn't working.

You logically follow back through the commands the wookie used and come to the same realization as him. It seems that one of power amplifiers is misaligned and is overloading the weapon battery causing it to fail its diagnostics and report itself offline.

You poke around a bit more and find that the misaligned amplifier is two decks down and 20 meters to your right.

{{ You could easily disable the diagnostics(comp use DC 20) which would allow the weapon battery to come on-line, but the power problem would likely damage the weapon if it was ever fired. }}

Dross

As the game continues, the human continues to act strange until you mention it to him. He then looks embarassed and opens his mouth to say something. The Bothan then interjects, "Don't worry about Jovan, I'll bet he's just got a bad feeling about something."

The human frowns at him and says, "Look its not funny, not since that time on Tynna Prime." A moment later, the human wins a hand, and seems to relax a bit when a wookie storms into the area. The wookie is wearing a standard issue maintenance tool belt. It howls and up ends the table the card game is on, dumping the cards and credit chips all over the floor. He seems to focus his anger at the Bothan. The human cowers away from the Wookie while the Sullestan attempts to pick up the cards, and the credit chips.

The Bothan remains cool in the face of wookie eventually saying, "Look big guy, we don't understand howl.. why don't you write it down for us? You can read can't you?". You would guess the wookie understood because it howls again and seems even angrier.

Caeda / Jon / Dekar

The Lieutenant stands by looking like he is trying to listen while trying not to listen. The ensign has returned the hoverloader to the back half the this vast room and seems to be, somewhat clumsily, arranging crates.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-04-03 at 05:07 PM.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

9. - Top - End - #39

After getting Caeda perforce Jon pulls both a Left and right waist holster for her, and says, OK Lieutenant this should do it, Hearing his name Jon turns after a moment to look Dekar over He says, It don't look to bad with your green skin but don't you think a darker color like a dark brown, forest green, or Even a charcoal gray might work better in our line of work.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2007-04-03 at 09:21 PM.

Character links

10. - Top - End - #40

Byalid

After looking over everything, Byalid turns to the technicians and tells them what's wrong. It looks like two decks down, twenty meters to the right, there is a misaligned amplifier. It looks like the wookie, Salwookca you called him, found this too, and is going off to get someone who understands Shyriiwook. The misalignment is causing the weapon to fail, and the diagnostics to come up negative.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

3D-4N

The droid watches the Gotal go speculatively. Is it everyone he finds distasteful, I wonder, or mechanical life? All too likely, it is the second, Fourren concludes with a measure of disdain.

He examines the nebula a moment longer, loading the image into memory banks for no real reason, and then leaves to continue its rounds of the ship, taking a different exit than the Gotal.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

12. - Top - End - #42

GnomePirate

Dross

Great, there goes the game. Damn walking carpet just had to ruin things, especially when money is on the line.
    Dross jumps out of his seat and instictively begins to draw his hidden J1 blaster; however, he refrains from pulling out the weapon. "Told the big guy one too many bad jokes, eh. I guess now is the time to end the game and cash out," says Dross to the bothan. He then swoops down to aid the Sullestan in recovering the cards and credit chips, making sure he gets back everything before the wookiee interruption.

After all the cards gathered and credits accounted, Dross speaks out, "Well folks, it's been a pleasure taking your credits. Maybe next time we can make the game last longer. Until then, I hope you boys don't beat each other to a pulp." He turns quickly heading for his assigned quarters.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gamble Check - (1d20+4)[11]

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Byalid

The rest of the maintenance team listens to his explaination and watch the computer display verifying what was just told to them. Slowly their heads begin to nod in acceptance, then one of the Humans corrects Byalid, "If I know Salwookca, I doubt he 'going off to get someone who understands Shyriiwook'. He's more likely to be bashing the heads of the maintenance team that was working in that area. He's got a bit of a temper. I guess, we'll just wait for him to fix the power alignment, then we'll bring the battery on-line. Thanks."

Dross

While heading back to your assigned quarters you check your winnings and discover that you were up 6 credits at the time of the interruption, or at least you picked up a total of 56 credits.

Caeda / Jon / Dekar

The Lieutenant smiles and takes away the remain holsters, placing them back in the container he pulled them out of. Seeing indecision in Dekar's eyes, the Lieutenant gives him more time to decide which color suits him best.

{{ As soon as you three finish your fashion assessment, we'll jump forward to the briefing. }}

3D-4N / Partak

Not much else out of the ordinary happens prior to the 6am meeting in the CIC.

{{ If anyone else has anything they wanted to do, let me know. 3D-4N can make 3 days of checks towards upgrading his/her/its weapon, assuming you can pay the materials cost.}}

14. - Top - End - #44

SwashbucklerGuy

First Officer Caeda "Helkin"

Leaving the two to their 'guy talk', the young woman moves off to the side, and sets herself down near the Lieutenant at the counter. She draws the heavy blaster, and removes the power cell, setting aside for the moment, as she feels over the parts that connect the scope to the main blaster chasis.

After feeling it around for a moment (she doesn't need too of course, but she does it for posterity), Caeda goes about the process of removing it.

There... She thinks. That should make it slightly lighter...not as if I need scope the anyways...

When she finishes, she places the power cell back in and holsters the weapon, presetting it to Stun mode right before doing so though. Afterwards, she takes the scope and places it into the folds of her robes, where it disappears.

(Would a craft check be required? or a Repair check? (Craft [Blasters] +3 untrained [+3 INT], or Repair +4 [1 rank +3 INT]? Or would it be such a simple thing, that it would not be worth it?)
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Dekar

"Well, in some situations, sure. Like if I'm hiding in a dark closet. Khaki is such a nondescript colour it doesn't really stand out anywhere." Nonetheless, Dekar eventually settles for a darker shade. "Say, how big a dent will this make on my account?" he asks from the Lieutenant.

{{Aaand I'm pretty much done.}}

16. - Top - End - #46

Byalid

I gave him the benefit of the doubt there. He shrugs, but it is barely noticeable. You're welcome. He hops away from the computer, wandering around the ship. ((Assuming none of the technicians stop him.))

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Dekar

The Lieutenant, checks the part number on the cloak and punches into his datapad, then says, "That cloak costs 85 credits. I'm afraid I wasn't told about any account for you. I'm sorry, but you'll have to pay now for the cloak if you want it. Do you find that acceptable sir?"

Caeda

{{ The scopes are attached so that you'll need tools of some sort to detach them. If you detach the scope, the range increment penalties will be doubled(for non-Miraluka) using the weapon. Snap-on scope become misaligned too easily. Repair should do it, DC 10. }}

Byalid

You move away from the maintenance team and the Sullestan waves farewell. You are able to resume your wanderings of the ship and encounter no further situations which require your assistance.

18. - Top - End - #48

SwashbucklerGuy

Caeda

The Miraluka reaches down towards her utilty belt and takes out her repair kit. Opening it, she removes the proper instruments and then goes over the process which Jon once briefly explained about modifying and repairing blasters.

Then, she goes about removing the scope, mimicking from memory Jon's maintenance movements.

Soon, the scope is removed and holstering the weapon (after of course, presetting it to stun mode), and cleaning up after herself, she returns to Jon's side, taking a moment to retighten the cloth that is tied around her 'eyes'.

((Repair results: 19+4, 23 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=959293))
    Last edited by EvilWalks; 2007-04-05 at 06:41 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49

Byalid

Byalid walks near the CIC and considers what to do.
    He does one of two things.
    If it is still the evening before the meeting: He lies down in a nearby corner and tries to sleep. ((Yes, I know he has quarters, but he would do this anyways.))
    If it is the morning of the meeting: He goes in.

20. - Top - End - #50

Jon watchs and smiles as Caeda go thought the maintenance routine to take off the scope. Turning to the Lieutenant, Jon hands his Credit chip over to Lieutenant to pay for Caeda's and his items.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2007-04-05 at 11:28 PM.

Character links

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Dekar

Dekar's tchin (right lek) twitches a bit and he grins slightly. "Sorry, forgot I'm not on Nar Shaddaa anymore. That's a local way of saying 'how much does it cost'." He reaches for his credit chip and hands it to the Lieutenant.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Time Passes...

6am in the Combat Information Center(CIC)

As the various bounty hunters arrive at the meeting they find the CIC busy and numerous Mon Calamari crew members working the sensor consoles. The room is about 16 meters by 16 meters with consoles(sensors, weapons, propulsion, shields, etc) along the outer wall. The center of the room is occupied by a large 'light' table and several vertical glass tactical overviews of the surrounding area.

Standing at the light table looking at the various tactical images being displayed are a Mon Calamari and a Human. The Mon Calamari wears the rank insignia of Captain while the human wears neither a uniform nor a rank insignia. While obviously focused on the tactical display, they both glance up briefly as each bounty hunter enters.

As the seventh and final bounty hunter volunteer enters the CIC, the Mon Calamari motions the group over to the tactical command display table. As the group approachs an ensign approachs the captain and says in a low voice, "Sir, the freighter 'Yugoth Ripper' has jumped in and is requesting permission to dock."

The Captain turns briefly towards the ensign and says, "Of course, get those missiles aboard, ASAP." The captain steps forward to address the group, but before speaking he looks to the human, who has stepped back to out of the brightness of the light table. The human simply nods.

Turning back to the group, the Captain says, "You may call me Captain Ackbar, welcome aboard the Oro's Gambit. Mister Tommus will brief you on your mission on Sneeve." With that the Captain turns completely away and begins making the rounds. Moving console to console making sure the crew is working and focused.

The human steps back into the light. He seems somewhat non-descript. Average height and thin, but not too thin. He has brown eyes that match his hair, which is parted on the side and brushed back. He looks each volunteer in the eyes, going left to right through the group, then he speaks. His voice is deep and commanding. He says, "You may call me Mr. Tommus. Thank you for volunteering for such a vaguely defined mission."

The human maintains a completely expressionless expression, as if his face were paralyzed. He then continues talking... "Obviously we will pay you each for your trouble.. we have been budgeted enough to pay you each 1000 now for expenses on Sneeve. The rest of your reward will be given to the group, you may decide amongst yourselves how the credits will be divided. The group will be paid an additional 2000 credits in 60 days. For every Empirial bounty hunter you kill, the group will receive 400 credits. Yes, that sounds cold, but we are at war. Some of you have experience bounty hunting, others of you are just loyal to the idea of the republic. We need to find others who are loyal to the republic, or at least against the empire."

The human pauses a moment and continues, "The empire has decided that several hundred citizens of Sneeve are 'against the empire' and placed bounties on their heads. Any of those citizens that you can rescue and deliver to us, we will pay the group another 2000 credits. Any who are unwilling to join the rebellion or are obviously criminals may be turned into the empire for their bounty."

Mr. Tommus turns to the human amongst the bounty hunters and says, "Captain Jon Helkin here has offered his ship to ferry you to and from the planet as well as to ferry those you rescue to us. For this we can pay him an additional 3000 credits. We will provide him with the times and coordinates that the refugees may be delivered."

Mr. Tommus looks over the group and says, "Obviously, you should keep you allegiance to the Rebellion a secret. You must look and act the part of Bounty Hunters. You'll be required to register with the local governor when you arrive, at which time the Empire will provide details of exactly who has a bounty on their head."

Mr. Tommus adds as an afterthought, "Obviously, anything you can do to disrupt the local operations will help our cause. Force the Empire to expend more resources than it wishes to on this planet. Obviously, I shouldn't need to say 'Do not get caught. Do not draw attention to yourselves. Do not reveal our plans.' That, and try not to get killed."

Mr. Tommus looks from person to person to droid to person and then adds, "Obviously you have questions. Lets hear them."
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2007-04-06 at 06:35 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53

Byalid

Byalid enters the room, looking very drowsy. After looking at the computers from afar, he listens to the man's speech and considers for a few moments. I happen to have a few questions. Are there plans for where we will stay while on Sneeve? Will there be any form of computer access? What is the general attitude of the citizens towards the Rebellion? Are there any ideas on how we could disrupt localized operations? Turning to his fellow "bounty hunters," Is anyone willing to team up with me? I do not work well alone, and can pretend to be a pet while planetside and in public. He turns back to the man, his fur a slightly off white.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

3D-4N

Fourren listens carefully to Tommus's speech, recording it in case a review of specific details is necessary. The droid's cylindrical face is unreadable, but its single eye steadily follows the human. "How long are we to be on Sneeve?" he asks. "You mentioned 60 days; is that to be our extraction date? Or do we not have a set limit?"

As the Kushiban makes its suggestion, Fourren adds, "And if one of you feigns ownership of me, it will make me that much more inconspicuous."
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

25. - Top - End - #55

SwashbucklerGuy

Caeda "Helkin"

The blind young woman raises her hand next. "What Information on the main...players...do we possess? Intelligence on Ships? Forces we would encounter?"

She is covered in gray tattoos and markings all over her hairless skin. Her 'eyes' are concealed by a blind fold, and when she talks, she does not turn her head to the speakers. Her clothing appears to be an old style tight fitting combat jumpsuit, which has been modified in appearance with a set of gray robes and sashes. An Merr Sonn DEMP ion pistol hangs from the utilty belt around her waist, as well as a DL-44 heavy blaster that appears to be missing it's scope. She sits, seemingly at ease and in complete calmness, with her hands in her lap.

"Faux ownership, I can provide as well...my...blindness, though...no longer incapacitating to myself, would provide an opportunity for a droid or a small entity to serve as an assistant." She offers as well.

She grows quiet afterwards, and listens intently to the others...as her force sight scans each of those assembled, gaining as much information as she could from each...old habits died hard.

Though appearing to be sagely and at piece, the 'young' jedi could not help but shake the feeling of familiarity...the last briefing she had of this size, was nearly 16 years ago...during the Clone Wars...

...And she knew how that turned out...

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56

GnomePirate

Dross

While listening to Mister Tommus, Dross glances over each of the gather hunters. His immediate attention is drawn to the small, furry thing that speaks, an odd creature he has never seen.

The young twi'lek speaks up, "The name is Dross. I have only one concern, for now. I heard rumors from others of possible Imperial spies that fled to Sneeve. Is it true.... and if so, would there be an extra reward for their capture."

Moments later Dross asks, "How big of an Imperial presence is there and is there a Hutt presence?" Just uttering the word "Hutt" makes him visibly nervous.

27. - Top - End - #57

Jon Sits quietly next to Caeda as she asks her question, at the moment most of the questions he has thought of have been voiced by the other. So he scans the crowd to gage there mode.

Character links

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Mr. Tommus listens to the responses and questions. He nods his head and smiles briefly when Byalid suggests being a pet. He pauses, seemingly gathering his thoughts and then says, "Excellent. While on Sneeve, you may seek shelter wherever you like. As I mentioned you'll be provided 1000 credits each. This should cover those costs. If Captain Helkin allows, you may stay on his ship."

After pausing to recall the next series of questions, Mr. Tommus continues, "Mr. Byalid, my Kushiban friend, I suspect that you will have computer access. There are no rebellion outposts in the system, but you are welcome to access any imperial networks if you like, but be careful not to draw attention to yourself. You have no backup. We won't be able to rescue anyone who is captured."

Mr. Tommus activates the holoprojector in the light table and an images of an Ortolan and a Selonian appears. He then says, "The population of Sneeve is composed primarily of the Ortolan and Selonian races. Officially they cooperate with each other and run the one life supporting planet in the system. In truth, their communities tend to self segregate. These two races compose over 90% of all life on the system. During the prelude to the occupation of this system they instigated a bit of a civil war between the two races eliminating most of the well trained soldiers and depleting their resources."

Mr. Tommus continues, looking directly at Byalid, "While, the people in general may oppose the Empire, the Empire has quite a few loyal citizens, so don't make any assumptions. I've heard that recently the local governor has started many public works type of projects to win over some citizens. Their local operations are somewhat fragile, having just started, so disruption should be fairly easy. Obviously, the methods you choose should depend on the situation. Direct Guerilla action, Power disruptions, Sabotage, Spreading the truth, Organizing the populous, Attacking Stormtroopers, Assassination of the governor, Requisitioning suppilies from the Empire, and so on. All of these should be considered."

Mr. Tommus then says, "I do suggest that the seven of you group up and organize your activities. You'll be able to have a much larger impact as a group then you will as seven individuals."

Turning to the droid, Mr. Tommus pauses and seems to evaluate the machine before speaking, "You will have exactly 60 days. These people have bounties on their heads, we don't expect you'll be able to continue making progress after that time. In addition, continued local efforts against the local governor will result in an increased Imperial presence in the system. If you wish to receive the completion bonus, Captain Helkin will need to fly everyone back to the designated coordinates."

After a brief attempt to look Caeda in the eye, Mr. Tommus turns his attention to Dross. "Hutt... Sneeve is beyond the borders of Hutt Space. However, any time you have this many bounty hunters, you'll have a few which also work for the Hutts. The Hutts may have specifically sent a few just to try and make a little profit off of the situation."

Looking around the group, Mr. Tommus then continues, "Imperial presence... Yes. The last frieghter that went through the system reported they had a capital ship and 4 light cruisers patroling the system. On the surface, you can expect they have at least 40 of those new Tie fighters on patrol. They will also have landed about 8000 troops to secure as much of the surface and critical infrastructure as possible." Turning to Captain Helkin he says, "You can expect to be scanned whenever leaving the system, so you should have any refugees in a scan proof compartment."

Looking back to Dross, he says, "The empire invited the bounty hunters to the system. They won't directly interfere with you, but you can expect that they won't go out of their way to help. Their goal is to have the populous hate the bounty hunters for poking around and killing people instead of hating the Empire."

Mr Tommus then looks directly at Dross and says, "I'm not aware of any specific Imperial spies in the system. You can bet they planted some prior to the invasion, but we don't know who they are or if they are still on the surface. If you act suspicious around any of the other bounty hunters you can be sure they will turn you in for a reward. If you do, somehow, locate a spy, we'd love to get a chance to um, interview him. I can't exceed the funds I've been allocated, but if we have some extra on hand, I'll see what I can do to make sure you're compensated."

The human then cracks his knuckles and steps back a bit from the glowing images of the Ortolan and Selonian. The Ortolan is short and squat with grey/blue skin, large ears and a long snout. The Selonian is twice the height of the Ortolan, covered in brown fur with clawed hands and obviously a warrior. Looking around the group, the human waits for any more questions.

29. - Top - End - #59

Quote Originally Posted by lawful_evil View Post
    "If Captain Helkin allows, you may stay on his ship."
    Jon nods and says, There more then welcome to stay aboard if they like, I for one will not leave my ship unattend.

" Captain Helkin will need to fly everyone back to the designated coordinates."
    And I don't plan to stay any longer then is necessary

Turning to Captain Helkin he says, "You can expect to be scanned whenever leaving the system, so you should have any refugees in a scan proof compartment."
    That Mr. Tommus maybe a problem as at the moment i don't have any scan proof secret compartments as I've only owned the Nerf's Republic for about two weeks and have not had time or the money to buy and install them.

Character links

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Mr. Tommus nods at Captain Helkin and says, "No worries Captain. I've already put in the work order to have your ship augmented. If you can meet the maintenance crew at your ship at 9am, they will begin. You'll have to decide where to install it. They can't do the whole ship or even the cargo hold, but they could probably do 3 or 4 of your crew cabins or some space of similar size of you choosing."

Looking around at the faces of the volunteers, Mr. Tommus adds, "Yes, 8000 soldiers sounds like a lot, but they will not be guarding anyone with a bounty on them. Likewise, at any given time only a third of them are on duty, some of those will be support personnel and most importantly, they are distributed to cover the entire planet. The chance of encountering more than 3 or 4 at any time are quite small."

Mr. Tommus punches up a couple of buttons on the light table and the holographic display switches to show the planet. Clearly visible is the Imperial capital ship and the other support craft as well as a few freighters coming and going. One of the freighter suddenly accellerates away from the planet. The Imperial ships begin firing and within 30 seconds have destroyed the freighter. Mr Tommus pauses the display and says, "If you run into trouble in space, your best chance of survival is to immediately jump to hyperspace or to return to the planet. You stand a better chance on the ground or against their fighters than you do against that capital ship and the cruisers."

The Mon Calamari captain returns and says to Mr. Tommus, "We are picking up distress calls from the gas miners within the nebula. We are dispatching a probe droid. We should plan to relocate within the next 24 hours." The captain glances at the bounty hunters and says, "Can they be ready to leave prior to that?"

Mr. Tommus nods and says, "I believe so."