New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default A Bizarre Universe (ic)

At last you've arrived at Stellar-Stop. You depart from the public transit ships you arrived on into a room full a departing and arriving ships. A series of force fields maintain the airlock in the room despite this. A large banner hangs above an archway lit by many neon lights. It reads;
    "Welcome to Stellar-Stop
    a city in the stars!
    Location #6040323
    Quadrant 4 - Orgus"
    Two mem dressed in blue spandex, a sash, and wearing oxygen-masks one human and one elf walk from the archway towards the travelers departing from the bus like transit ship.
    The human speaks up "Welcome to Stellar Stop. As per Cosmic Order Governor Wilsmit's decree we must record the name of all visitors upon their arrival." The elf seems to have zoned out watching ships but suddenly exclaims "and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask"
    The transit shuttle takes off.
    Last edited by xxVEG; 2018-06-27 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Typo

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: A Bizarre Universe (ic)

A huge, three armed man, walks up casually to the two officers. He could almost smell the stench of a government official permeating from their uniforms.

Orion of the Lotus Clan. Identification number 8364331K09. Orion tenses slightly as he spewed out the ID number the pirates gave him. He hoped it could be authenticated, being a fake and all. If not, it would be a very short trip before the Reme, sold him off as a slave once again.

The usual codes of,conduct apply here or do you have some unique ones we should be aware of?
    Last edited by otep7734; 2018-06-18 at 03:15 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3

PirateGirl

The elf waves his hand repeating the identification number back to you "You're from Tresius the Planet of The Refugees. Welcome to the Cosmic Order, I won't ask what brings you here considering..."
    The human speaks up "I believe my cousin is the departure officer stationed in the quadrant. How was he doing when you left?"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

walking up behind and slightly to the right of Orion, after he is done with introductions... Greetings I am Priscilla Kae trobairitz, In addition to his question what laws & ordinances should we know about while we are here?
    Last edited by samduke; 2018-06-18 at 12:11 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

You call us “MAC“, don't you? the Cyborg says. Why we are here is the thing I want to know.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Jamie Hook wanders through the shop, her mannerisms giving her the air of one of so many vapid humans in their late teens. She pokes and prods at random bits of merchandise listlessly. In time she finds herself in front of the human running the place. "Hey, Jamie Hook, mercenary. I hear there's work in 'ere?"

7. - Top - End - #7

PirateGirl

The human responds "Just act civil and don't poke your nose were it doesn't belong, as for you Mac your reasons for coming here are your own. You may want to stop by the repair store and grt your RAM looked at though."

The shop keep, a small old man with a sullen look and kind eyes, "The only work I have is delivery work, but it's honest pay for honest work."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Tell me, small man, what are we supposed to do?

MAC wasn't sure if he wanted to remember himself. He was used to being a cyborg and all. So he didn't went to the repair shop. He wanted to earn some kredits to upgrade himself.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I thought of playing him like Franky from One Piece. Not his personality but the fact that he turned himself into a cyborg and upgrades himself (equal to leveling up) every once in a while

9. - Top - End - #9

Orion relaxed a bit, the credentials checked out...

To be honest, I met a great many people that day... I don't recall anyone looking ill or troubled if it is to any benefit.

The others from the shuttle spoke up, with the mention of jobs Orion eagerly listened.

Deliveries seem to be a good way to learn this area and earn a few credits... I would be interested.

Orion looked around, he doubted the others wanted to learn the station for the same reasons he did. However, some of these people seemed... Colorful to say the least.

10. - Top - End - #10

PirateGirl

The elderly shopkeep says "Its a larger group than usual for a small delivery like this but if you're willing to split the pay could yall take this quantum receiver to Captain Eyerus down at the observation lounge?" The man produces a 3x3ft box from a nearby shelf. "I can transfer the credits to you after you deliver it. The observation lounge is the lowest part of the Stellar Stop... oh and try to get it to him before the days up. He paid for express delivery"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Looking at the package, sounds simple enough but often the simple things tend to have hidden trouble, but it is money so I am in.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Yeah, I'm game. Don't think I've ever done honest work before." Jamie says, loosening the straps on her bow. "Could be fun."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Good, good. A new group MAC thought. He was long enough alone and he didn't care what they were doing - as long as they did something.

let's go
    Last edited by Fliggl; 2018-06-25 at 12:34 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

PirateGirl

As you exit the market place and head towards the nearest lift you notice a small group of Triachiarm children playing rock paper scissors with all their hands simultaneously, you note a taller one with one eye that seems to win more games than the others.
    In the lift with you are a Slugman and two Hibrixians, Humans of the planet Hibrix, wearing suits. The Slugman's eyeshoots begin to pulsate black and the male Hibrixian speaks up "Wheres are you guys's heading?"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"That would be our business, not yours. Though I might be up for a guide around here. Is that your deal? You a guide in your city here?" Jamie appears much more alert than she was before.

16. - Top - End - #16

Orion stands between the cargo and the strangers in the lift. The slugman peeked his interest as Orion carefully eyed the group.

Jamie, you sound all suspicious. Your not trying to pick a fight are you? Orion half laughed as he spoke.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Of course I'm suspicious. Random strangers asking questions? That's literally a test question in the Ethics and Conquest class I took in my senior year back home. Anyway, I ain't picking a fight. I'm calling a bluff while leaving open the chance for help."

She flips her hair back with one hand, "I aced that course, by the way."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Motionless but ready for whatever will come, MAC was standing besides the box. Looking at the strangers he wondered what they had planned.

19. - Top - End - #19

PirateGirl

The slugman's stalks pulsate as the Hibrixians say "As a matter of fact we're the stellar stop official guides just tell us where you need to go and we'll get you there"

20. - Top - End - #20

Orion walks towards one of Hibrixians.

He does flashy eyes and you speak... Are both of you puppets or bound at the wrists as blasted slaves?

Orion's posture changes slightly as he gets within arms length.

21. - Top - End - #21

PirateGirl

A booming voice emits from somewhere within the Slugman "I'd recommend you don't try anything rash in the city, folks. These are my employees Jack and Jake." The Hibrixians wave in turn as he says their names "now do you need a guide yes or no?" The voice subsides

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

slightly more concerned about the package to be delivered than the questionable guides... yes you can help we need to get to the observation lounge, how many different routes are available to take to get there, and what possible dangers are with each, and do you have something we can transport a large package with?
    Last edited by samduke; 2018-06-27 at 01:18 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23

PirateGirl

One of the Hibrixians says "Theres are a fews different ways to gets ya there but pretty much jus head down..." He trails off and the other picks up "Us guides's have got to make some money. How many creds do yous got"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"See? I called it. No fight. They've been vetted by our employer. Unless this was a falsified audio gambit designed to get us to lower our collective guard. If that's the case they'd have received passing scores in my school."

25. - Top - End - #25

PirateGirl

The lift comes to a stop: an automated voice says "Now arriving in Stellar Stop Residential Block 8: Behave and Mind the Governor"
    The slugman's eyes pulsate and the Hibrixians bark "Do you's want die-rections or not?"

Spoiler
    Show
    spelled like that for accent
    Last edited by xxVEG; 2018-06-28 at 06:59 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

looking towards the others, then to the package.. well I unless something is provided to carry that, pointing to the package then I would say directions are essential if we are carrying it.

27. - Top - End - #27

PirateGirl

"That'll be fifty cred'ts" the slugman's deep voice rings in your ears and you feel its bass in your chest. One of the Hibrixians pulls out a pad with buttons labeled 0-9 "just type your account number and the amount and it'll transfer to us"
    Last edited by xxVEG; 2018-06-29 at 11:01 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"I got this. Let me see that pad." Jamie takes hold of the tech and entered her account authorization. "Word of advice, if a fight comes, stay out of my line of shot. Let's move on when you're ready."
    Last edited by LairdMaon; 2018-06-29 at 11:49 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

Orion grins ear to ear.

I like to get up close and personal... But I know my way around a blaster...

30. - Top - End - #30

PirateGirl

One of the Hibrixians chaffs "Its been a pleasure doing business wit yah. Make your way through block 8 and take the staircase down to the lounge" the other picks up "That's where yous's are off to right?"