New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Highschool Crowds [IC]

Seriously? There’s a demon boy who just tried to...do something that you still don’t fully understand, but clearly something bad. And these two are considering ignoring potential safety precautions? I mean, sure, skepticism and negligent behavior are staples of the horror genre, but that doesn’t mean you have to ignore common sense. That...thing...is dangerous. The mention of potential complications combined with the obvious danger means that, even with their help, things will go wrong. Best to go with the plot, and avoid unnecessary risks.

“Meeting up after school sounds like a good idea. Is there anything I should do between now and then to reduce the risks?”

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

Don't do evil-that's the best way to avoid anything bad happening, Hajime says. And nothing major-the demon might just reform and burst out of your soul. Ever seen Aliens?

With that grim note, the two head off.

For the rest of the day, you're more than a little worried-but nothing bad happens, at least not related to the demon. After school, you see Hajime waving at you from near where the buses are, a little ahead of them.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hey, I came like I said I would. I can stay out till about 7, probably. I have stuff to do at the farm, though you guys could come with me if you want.

4. - Top - End - #34

That's not helpful. What evil? Lissa lets out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

That's a good question. I'd like to add what is EVIL? If I steal something and I really need it does that count. Or should I just stay away from obvious things like drowning babies. But then again, what if that baby is some kind of cosmic entity that's going to devour the world. I think we could all agree on rape, I think that's something you can't really justify. But isn't evil kind of situational and subjective.
    Last edited by Nautilust; 2018-07-03 at 10:34 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36

Evil is... Well, that's an interesting moral question. Can we consider-

Burner, not now. Just... You know, try to be good. I'd hope you guys have decent morals, so... Hajime says. Anyway, two of you can drive with Burner (he's only got space for two-I told you you need to clean your car up!) and the other one can fly with me. Go ahead and decide amongst yourselves who's going where.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Opposed Conflict d6. 1 VP, and the chance to fly with Hajime.

Show
    Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

Beatrix isn't that well suited to conflict, and she knows it. She's not going to be really pushy about getting to fly, no matter how amazingly cool and awesome that would be. Besides, Burner does seem to at least have some intelligence, given his knowledge of philosophy and his readiness to leap into a debate. Maybe that will help make up for a ride in an extremely dirty car?

Spoiler: OOC Decision
    Show

As I said, Beatrix isn't well suited for conflict. All of her abilities either don't affect conflict rolls, or they only increase the odds of getting a higher roll. While a higher roll might be useful, both of the other girls (depending on how they play their abilities) are able to add a modifier to their conflict roll. I've been waiting to see how they would do things, so I'd have a sense of how much use a limited ability would have (is it worth increasing the odds of a six if another character beats a six more often than not?). Thus, since I'm going in blind, I'm not planning on using any abilities here. Just going for the baseline roll. 1d6.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

I didn't know you were such a thinker Burner. I don't really have a problem with a dirty car, seeing as I shovel horse **** on a regular basis. However I've never flown before, that sounds intriguing. I'll call dibs unless anyone has a problem with that.

Spoiler: Ability Choice
    Show
    It'll just be a standard Conflict roll. I don't think Verbal Barrage would apply. Sorry it took so long for me to reply, my brain just wasn't wanting to work with me to figure out what to say.

9. - Top - End - #39

That's when Lissa immediately shoves the other two girls to the side as she jumps forward, her chest jiggling slightly with the sudden motion.

Ohhhhh. I've always wanted to fly, can we do that! Can we! She asks eagerly.

Spoiler
    Show

Conflict, Warrior way +2. Fearsome reputation +2. Total +4

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

10. - Top - End - #40

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Lissa: (1d6+4)[9]
    Beatrix: (1d6)[5]
    Morrigana: (1d6)[6]

Knowing the family behind Lissa, you figure it's wise to let her have the flight with Hajime. Burner leads the way to his car, and he opens the door for whoever gets there first to claim shotgun. His car isn't actually that messy-though he does have to shove a bag to one side, so there's space in the back for whoever gets there second.

Once everyone is buckled up, he gets going, and puts on some chiptune music. So, he says. You two have any questions?

Meanwhile, with Hajime and Lissa, Hajime pulls out a small, heavily stickered notebook. Go... BIRD! she says, and her suit of mechanical armor appears on her. She bends down a little, letting Lissa get on her back. Climb on! You're in for a treat.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2018-07-19 at 12:13 PM.

Show
    Show

Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Put your hands on me again you disrespectful bitch and this will turn in to Lord of the Flies. I don't care who your family is, that's my personal space.

She closes her eyes, takes several slow breaths; then gets in the car.

Well, Burner. What are you into?
    Last edited by Nautilust; 2018-07-19 at 11:06 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42

I enjoy writing-I'm actually trying to become a professional writer, though obviously working with Hajime kinda limits my time, he says.

Show
    Show

Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Pixie in the Playground

“Oh? What sorts of things do you write?” Beatrix is secretly hoping he writes manga in his free time, like she does, but she has no plans to outright state that. She’s been burnt before by the ridicule of those who disrespect the mediums she loves, and won’t let that happen again.

14. - Top - End - #44

Mostly I work with some artists I've met online, doing comics and such. My friends say I have a knack for humour, but I'm not totally sure I believe them, he says. I also do side stories for those comics-I've got a lot of original characters I've worked on.

Show
    Show

Show

15. - Top - End - #45

You're going to eat me? Lissa remarks clearly confused.

16. - Top - End - #46

No-but I doubt you've ever flown outside of a plane. It's exhilarating! Hajime says, a smile visible even through the mask.

Show
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #47

Oh no, but I suppose nevermind. Lissa said brightly.

18. - Top - End - #48

Hajime helps Lissa on, and sets off. It's an experience-flying high, dipping in and out of clouds, all at a breakneck pace. Hajime looks back occasionally, making sure that Lissa is properly positioned and having a good time, although the winds make it nigh-impossible to actually talk.

Show
    Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

That is really interesting Burner. I make a lot of characters in my free time, between role-playing and writing stories. You should show me your work sometime. I'll show you some of mine in return if you would like.